squad up!

Jul 28 - 106 & Park Hosts Depart After 5 years

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 13 years ago '04        #91
diamond4981 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$912 | Props total: 24 24
Aj was shooting a pilot for BET for his own show back in like March I'm not sure what happened. It was a time where Free was hosting all the time she said he was in LA.

07-29-2005, 09:55 PM         #92
DeLoraye  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DeLoraye said

and look at wut i found was published just a few days ago from aol blackvoices news buzz published on july 25....

Also, our in-box was fluttered with e-mails from readers inquiring about Free not being on '106 & Park.' There were tons of rumors about her absence -- everything from her quitting to her being fired -- but no matter what the buzz is in the streets, the network says she's coming back.

"Free has definitely not been axed from '106 & Park.' We look forward to her return shortly as she is on vacation," says Stephen Hill, BET's executive vice president for Music and Entertainment Programming.

this quote meant that they were bullsh*ttin to see if they would want free back.....it was either over a raise, the wait remix, or the fact that they are trying to change bet slowly to suit viacom (just like in my last post "UPN Blacks Out".....viacom owns upn as well). aj left cuz if free wasnt coming back he wasnt either. i think he got fired taking up for her....

07-29-2005, 10:34 PM         #93
K26Wiles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think julissa will take free's spot. she's pretty hot...

and hopefully tigger takes aj's spot.

see with tigger they can keep the freestylin goin on everyday with whatever guests come that day. then when freestyle friday comes, leave it as it is with the newbies duking it out.

13 years ago '04        #94
dirty v 
space
space
$1,120 | Props total: 1 1
yo i bet they fired free for the whisper song remix and they told aj to cut his damn hair or get the fu*k out lol....yo if that n*gga opin a reserant if he cookin the n*gga better have on a fu*kin hair net or u gone find the longest hair u ever seen in yo life in ya mac n cheese..lol for the hots they need to let golria velez take free spot she is way finer than free and shes cuben so itd add a lil difernt falvor to bet hosts i no its black entertainment tevlivioson but still even mtv got a few black hosts on shows but whats with bet playen that gwen stafoni joint? that aint hip hop or r&b so smh at that.

i think the hosts will be lil-jj cuase he aint never get his tv show like promissed so they might add some comidey to 106th and for the girl i think it will be christana millian cuz she been in talks wit bet for a show 2 thats my guess

13 years ago '05        #95
benadreal 
space
space
$3,597 | Props total: 92 92
 K26Wiles said
i think julissa will take free's spot. she's pretty hot...

and hopefully tigger takes aj's spot.

see with tigger they can keep the freestylin goin on everyday with whatever guests come that day. then when freestyle friday comes, leave it as it is with the newbies duking it out.

damn good idea..i doubt it'll happen, but damn good idea.

booth to 106 lol.

anyway, my prediction would be that rayjay guy and that one girl thats always on there. cause they both seem to be on there alot anyway. but i'd rather see Tig, and whoever that chick is to host it.

but question, i havn't read 7 pages of comments to see if anyones asked it or not, but do you think there will be a new set?

13 years ago '05        #96
benadreal 
space
space
$3,597 | Props total: 92 92
 ja2000 said
Rachel was a dime. I see her occasionaly on sunday when they place that jamaican stuff on bet. But what was Aj doing on it today, if he got the boot?

it was a pretape.

13 years ago '05        #97
TrueRhymeSayer 31 heat pts31
space
space
$1,300 | Props total: 66 66
Julissa and Frankie Needles. Just my picks.

07-29-2005, 11:48 PM         #98
Krazy K  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Free & AJ Finally GONE?

GOING, GOING...

I guess I can just tell you: BOTH FREE AND AJ ARE LEAVING! They both quit. I don’t know the full story yet, but AJ is on the live show and he’s wearing a t-shirt that says “Still Free.” “I’m representing for Free today,” he said affectionately. Son was looking like a Viet Nam vet with a 100-yard stare – he had a different look in his eyes (LOL). Anyway, there was beef with BET upper management and Free, as you know, has left the company already. It was just made official today. AJ wasn’t going to quit from what I hear, but just today he changed his mind. Anyway, I have more, but I will let AJ tell it. Tune into BET’s “106 & Park!”

THE LATEST ON FREE AND AJ

Why did Free and AJ leave their jobs? Well, I’ve already told you why Free left. At the BET Awards, she reportedly had a heated exchange with one of the top dogs there and AJ ended up presenting the Viewer’s Choice Awards alone, something they typically do together. And, get this, BET has their 25th anniversary honors on the way this year and there will be no Free included in the festivities. Even “Da Mayor of Rap City” Chris Thomas (O.G. Status!) is supposed to be coming back for that! On the flip side, AJ is still in good with the BET cats so we’ll probably see him later this year. I was told that AJ and BET couldn’t get on the same page with their new contract agreement and he opted out instead. Good luck to those two. And, AJ I feel your pain, dog – I feel your pain! “Give Us Free!”
:finger:

No more Free, AJ was alright too.

Julissa + Ray J = No ratings

07-30-2005, 12:15 AM         #99
DEATHDEALER  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn!

07-30-2005, 12:29 AM         #100
Powermoves  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ja2000 said
Rachel was a dime. I see her occasionaly on sunday when they place that jamaican stuff on bet. But what was Aj doing on it today, if he got the boot?
It was Pre-Recorded Dog

07-30-2005, 04:15 PM         #101
DeLoraye  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope whoeva it is should be able to hold their own.....and not be corny about it....they need to have some type of personality

13 years ago '04        #102
rasheedwallace 57 heat pts57
space
space
$26,159 | Props total: 12253 12253
 Maroon_Tiger said
yup, that sounds right... free should be punished....

AND YALL WILL DISAGREE, but FREE IS SETTING A "HORRIBLE" EXAMPLE FOR children and the kids on that show... by posing in king, and numerous appearances on songs where shes doing nothign but spitting s3xually explicit lyrics, and expecting these kids NOT to hear it or about it...

if you want to be a woman in public and a nasty girl behind the doors, FINE, BUT IF YOU GOT A PROFESSION WHERE YOU ARE BEING IN FRONT OF YOUNG KIDS, you cant a.ssociate yourself with that stuff

i hate to be bill cosby but in my day, we didnt grow up singing songs like "candy shop", "nekkid", etc... sh*t is disgusting...106npark is basically a b2k/bow wow audience, and there a ton of videos that are innapropriate for them...

kids are growing up with a "grown" mentality waay to early in life, b/c of what they see on tv and the lack of parenting at home...

THE ONLY DOUBLE STANDARD THAT I SEE is that BET allows kids to vote s3xually explicit songs or innopropriate songs into the countdown, but free is NOT ALLOWED TO participate in those songs...b/c it makes a bad example of BET... but bet was smart, they'd cut all the innopropriate songs from the countdown, and keep that sh*t on rap city/center
alot of truth in that response, props mayne.

growing up, i really didnt think the music was that bad. i was listening to hardcore rap at a really young age, and it definately does affect kids looking back at my life now. for sure.

BET in general is fu*king up. Im white, but even as a white person i am offended at their programing. they are NOT promoting the right things to youths (especially african american) at all.

90% of their programming is music videos with horrible values. now im a hip hop head too, dont get me wrong, but they are milking this sh*t to get as much money as they can regardless of what values they portray.

can anyone name anything on BET that is positive anymore? besides the gospel sundays, its all bullsh*t. aimed at selling. like maroon said, BET needs to take responsibility for what they promote.

Last edited by rasheedwallace; 07-30-2005 at 05:28 PM..

13 years ago '04        #103
NardVa 
space
space
$1,650 | Props total: 2 2
 thegod said
Free is like 37. Late 30's, not late 20's. i think free finally admitted in the new King that her a.ss is really 37, and not in her 20's. She's fine regardless of her age, but her keeping her age such a secret definitely makes me feel that shes in her 30's. I gotta cop the new King to verify for myself if she really admitted shes 37.

Damn late 30's. I would have never guessed that. I have to check out the new King to see what she talking about. I doubt she admitts her age, but like you said that a.ss is fine regardless.

13 years ago '04        #104
bnw99 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,860 | Props total: 7104 7104
"106 a staple in the black comm" How about a staple in my a.ss, fu*k a 106 and Fart until they do a better job at video selection.

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

top in section
online now  70
37 comments
top in wild'ish
top in section
online now  81
134 comments
top in hiphop
top in section
online now  18
23 comments
top in gear

most viewed right now
online now  44
Video inside Rachel Ray's 51 yr old sister?
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  36
Woman exposes rapper, Kid Buu being a 30 year old criminal
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  29
YelaWolf-Shade (Machine Gun Kelly Diss)
83 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  24
Image(s) inside Twitter Going In on Pedo Drake and his "Grooming" of Young Girls! Ped..
325 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside This spider man game is the greatest game in history
113 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Katt Williams And Wanda Smith Argument At Atlanta Comedy Theater Caught..
90 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Sep 18 - Nurse & Cop Among Two Dozen 'Child Predators' Arrested in Sti..
80 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Ananda lewis: "do not watch this if you eat figs!"
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy