most viewed right now
MMA UFC fighter KO's opponent and kicks ref after
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Y'all cool with The Game snitching tho?
74 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #81
dj_tameil 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,499 | Props total: 25 25
 DeLoraye said:
[WEBSITE LINK]

By Kristin Vaughan and Larry "The Blackspot" Hester, BET.com Staff Writers

Posted July 28, 2005— After five years of hosting BET's highly rated video countdown show "106 & Park," AJ and Free announced their departure during Thursday's live broadcast of BET's "106 & Park."

While sitting on the famed “106” couch and holding a cellphone with co-host Free on the other line, a tearful AJ told the television and studio audience, “This is our last live show...But this isn’t the last time you’ll see us.”

The two have been a staple on televisions across the country since 106 & Park debuted in 2000 as BET moved its music programming operations from its Washington DC corporate location to facilities located at the corner of 106th Street and Park Avenue in Harlem. Since then, 106 & Park has been a dominant force among video countdown programs, featuring live interviews and performances by the biggest names in music and entertainment; a rocking in-studio audience; and the top music videos as chosen by BET viewers on the BET.com Website.

BET has not made any announcements on future hosts or plans for the show at this time. A pre-taped show hosted by AJ with guest Miami rapper Trina will air on Friday (BET at 6 p.m. (ET/PT)).

"There is nothing like `106 & Park' it's a staple in the African American community for five years and we hope it will continue," AJ said to the audience. "We love you all very much."

Both hosts will go on to pursue other interests. AJ announced that he will be opening a new restaurant, Mahogany, in Brooklyn, N.Y. and will continue working with his management company. AJ also announced that Free said that her Website would also be coming soon.

and look at wut i found was published just a few days ago from aol blackvoices news buzz published on july 25....

Also, our in-box was fluttered with e-mails from readers inquiring about Free not being on '106 & Park.' There were tons of rumors about her absence -- everything from her quitting to her being fired -- but no matter what the buzz is in the streets, the network says she's coming back.

"Free has definitely not been axed from '106 & Park.' We look forward to her return shortly as she is on vacation," says Stephen Hill, BET's executive vice president for Music and Entertainment Programming.

[WEBSITE LINK]

^^^^....a good question for this would be who you think will be the new host?

"......as BET moved its music programming operations from its Washington DC corporate location to facilities located at the corner of 106th Street and Park Avenue in Harlem."

^^^ um....the bet operations are not at the corner of 106 and park ave.... neither is the show "106 & park" the bet recording lots are inside the cbs studios on 57th street and 10th ave. which is far from 106th and park ave.

Last edited by dj_tameil; 07-29-2005 at 08:08 PM..
 07-29-2005, 08:05 PM         #82
NpHustLa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn i remember when this sh*t first came on everybody was watchin this.......Dont lie.......But it started fallin off havin them corny a.ss Freestyle Battlez...fareal

sh*t i remember when posta boy and jin were on it....lol those were da dayz haha lmao

BEt fallin off...... lol first hitz from da streetz,RAP CIty Da Bassmen, now 106 & Park..lol

But now its not even worth watchin...
 07-29-2005, 08:17 PM         #83
jai guru 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 datn*ggabstyle said:
Man they could bring back that n*gga Donnie Simpson for all i care as long as they bring back Rachel. But yall young n*ggaz dont know nothin about that.
I had to prop you for the Donnie Simpson throwback. That sh*t's hilarious. :D
 07-29-2005, 08:39 PM         #84
ebric99 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Free has definitely not been axed from '106 & Park.' We look forward to her return shortly as she is on vacation," says Stephen Hill, BET's executive vice president for Music and Entertainment Programming.

AM I THE ONLY WHO READ THAT PART
 11 years ago '04        #85
prolific1 
space
space
space
$209 | Props total: 0 0
funny
 11 years ago '05        #86
ThaNostalgic1 
space
space
$1,474 | Props total: 0 0
hopefully the updated show will have a better voting system than relying on teenage girls im tired of seeing these repetetive videos over n over
 11 years ago '04        #87
rasheedwallace 33 heat pts33
space
space
$21,591 | Props total: 4114 4114
BET is garbage.

Free is MAD overrated, and AJ looks like Predator.

*finishes rant, puts on chappelle show season 2 dvd*
 07-29-2005, 09:21 PM         #88
ja2000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 datn*ggabstyle said:
Man they could bring back that n*gga Donnie Simpson for all i care as long as they bring back Rachel. But yall young n*ggaz dont know nothin about that.

On the prediction tip. It will be Ray J and Julissa
Rachel was a dime. I see her occasionaly on sunday when they place that jamaican stuff on bet. But what was Aj doing on it today, if he got the boot?
 11 years ago '05        #89
Throwbacks 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,816 | Props total: 48 48
Yeah this sux that Free had to go, but AJ sux so nobody really likes him. But yea I think the show is going to suck now that it has new hosts!
 11 years ago '05        #90
Pretty Tony 
space
space
$1,863 | Props total: 0 0
This show needs this change 2 years ago. They are weak as fu*k host. I rather Tigger. At least he 'ignat.
 11 years ago '04        #91
diamond4981 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$900 | Props total: 0 0
Aj was shooting a pilot for BET for his own show back in like March I'm not sure what happened. It was a time where Free was hosting all the time she said he was in LA.
 07-29-2005, 09:55 PM         #92
DeLoraye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DeLoraye said:

and look at wut i found was published just a few days ago from aol blackvoices news buzz published on july 25....

Also, our in-box was fluttered with e-mails from readers inquiring about Free not being on '106 & Park.' There were tons of rumors about her absence -- everything from her quitting to her being fired -- but no matter what the buzz is in the streets, the network says she's coming back.

this quote meant that they were bullsh*ttin to see if they would want free back.....it was either over a raise, the wait remix, or the fact that they are trying to change bet slowly to suit viacom (just like in my last post "UPN Blacks Out".....viacom owns upn as well). aj left cuz if free wasnt coming back he wasnt either. i think he got fired taking up for her....
 07-29-2005, 10:34 PM         #93
K26Wiles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think julissa will take free's spot. she's pretty hot...

and hopefully tigger takes aj's spot.

see with tigger they can keep the freestylin goin on everyday with whatever guests come that day. then when freestyle friday comes, leave it as it is with the newbies duking it out.
 11 years ago '04        #94
dirty v 
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 0 0
yo i bet they fired free for the whisper song remix and they told aj to cut his damn hair or get the fu*k out lol....yo if that n*gga opin a reserant if he cookin the n*gga better have on a fu*kin hair net or u gone find the longest hair u ever seen in yo life in ya mac n cheese..lol for the hots they need to let golria velez take free spot she is way finer than free and shes cuben so itd add a lil difernt falvor to bet hosts i no its black entertainment tevlivioson but still even mtv got a few black hosts on shows but whats with bet playen that gwen stafoni joint? that aint hip hop or r&b so smh at that.

i think the hosts will be lil-jj cuase he aint never get his tv show like promissed so they might add some comidey to 106th and for the girl i think it will be christana millian cuz she been in talks wit bet for a show 2 thats my guess
 11 years ago '05        #95
benadreal 
space
space
$3,557 | Props total: 12 12
 K26Wiles said:
i think julissa will take free's spot. she's pretty hot...

and hopefully tigger takes aj's spot.

see with tigger they can keep the freestylin goin on everyday with whatever guests come that day. then when freestyle friday comes, leave it as it is with the newbies duking it out.

damn good idea..i doubt it'll happen, but damn good idea.

booth to 106 lol.

anyway, my prediction would be that rayjay guy and that one girl thats always on there. cause they both seem to be on there alot anyway. but i'd rather see Tig, and whoever that chick is to host it.

but question, i havn't read 7 pages of comments to see if anyones asked it or not, but do you think there will be a new set?
 11 years ago '05        #96
benadreal 
space
space
$3,557 | Props total: 12 12
 ja2000 said:
Rachel was a dime. I see her occasionaly on sunday when they place that jamaican stuff on bet. But what was Aj doing on it today, if he got the boot?

it was a pretape.
 11 years ago '05        #97
TrueRhymeSayer 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,275 | Props total: 15 15
Julissa and Frankie Needles. Just my picks.
 07-29-2005, 11:48 PM         #98
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Free & AJ Finally GONE?

GOING, GOING...

I guess I can just tell you: BOTH FREE AND AJ ARE LEAVING! They both quit. I don’t know the full story yet, but AJ is on the live show and he’s wearing a t-shirt that says “Still Free.” “I’m representing for Free today,” he said affectionately. Son was looking like a Viet Nam vet with a 100-yard stare – he had a different look in his eyes (LOL). Anyway, there was beef with BET upper management and Free, as you know, has left the company already. It was just made official today. AJ wasn’t going to quit from what I hear, but just today he changed his mind. Anyway, I have more, but I will let AJ tell it. Tune into BET’s “106 & Park!”

THE LATEST ON FREE AND AJ

Why did Free and AJ leave their jobs? Well, I’ve already told you why Free left. At the BET Awards, she reportedly had a heated exchange with one of the top dogs there and AJ ended up presenting the Viewer’s Choice Awards alone, something they typically do together. And, get this, BET has their 25th anniversary honors on the way this year and there will be no Free included in the festivities. Even “Da Mayor of Rap City” Chris Thomas (O.G. Status!) is supposed to be coming back for that! On the flip side, AJ is still in good with the BET cats so we’ll probably see him later this year. I was told that AJ and BET couldn’t get on the same page with their new contract agreement and he opted out instead. Good luck to those two. And, AJ I feel your pain, dog – I feel your pain! “Give Us Free!”
:finger:

No more Free, AJ was alright too.

Julissa + Ray J = No ratings
 07-30-2005, 12:15 AM         #99
DEATHDEALER 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn!
 07-30-2005, 12:29 AM         #100
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ja2000 said:
It was Pre-Recorded Dog
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
140 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
139 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #NARCOS Tata Escobar played by Paulina Gaitan
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, I’m gonna stop being polite and start gett..
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Lloyd Banks - All Or Nothing 2: Live It Up Tracklist (Ft. Joe Budden, V..
64 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
18 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Game Responds To Maino
117 comments
2 days ago