Kay Slay on Hot 97 talking bout rap off and bad mouthing Southern music

most viewed right now
Dreamchaser confirms Beanie Sigel got beat up. "U broke the code of ethics on ..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lebron "All Lives Matter" Fuuuuu
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Beans really got paws put on him smh
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside THIS girl slaps ya girls ass in the club, what ya do?
43 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-25-2005, 06:13 AM         #121
TheKidHypno 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlazeDip5et said:
Kay Slay is that niggga , he holds it down for the NYC and I am really reallly lookin foward to thse wack a.ss rappers from the south getted ripped by Mook , Sheelz , Graph, Jaee Mills and all those n*gga and cant forget bout Papposee , We gon show the south who holds shyt doOOo0o0o0oWwwWWWnnNnnNNNnnn
Papoose wont diss them, he has tracks with Mike Jones & Paul Wall
 11 years ago '05        #122
REAL_NESS 
space
space
$12,510 | Props total: 0 0
 Untouchable said:
Then whats that tell you?? im not hating on any Eastcoast rappers do your own thing..but JayZ can see the talent in the south..P Diddy can too with Boyz N Da Hood..

you saying well these EC hip hop heads..why arent they getting pushed?? well why not do it yourself? Mike Jones put his name in the streets for years and JUST now getting his respect for a mainstream album..Slim Thug getting platinum underground got himself signed with neptunes...now Chamillionaire is up next too ..

kayslay anyone else can hate on the south but you can see when the south came up Lil Jon was k!llin beats he had Nas wanting to get down with him..[Back Down] now you see alot of EC rappers with DownSouth rappers..
But the point is these cats aint lyrically touching most Eastcoast n*ggas, I respect Mike Jones grind and all the rest of them but Kay Slay do got a point even if he might be hating too much....
 11 years ago '04        #123
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$13,330 | Props total: 348 348
 pimppoet said:
n*ggas pride is hurtin. Ny cats seem 2 thing they the only true rappers n thats what hurts the game n causes tension n so the south is like fu*k yall then. Actual it seems like we didnt give a damn what yall think. We just did our thing. Even if u feel all the cats from the south suck u gotta respect their hustle.This the box so some cats r like game flip floppers on ne n every subject. Some box cats r biased. Some like me listen 2 a lil bit of everything n respect or hate based on the quality/appeal not where they from. Southern cats mostly been doin they thing underground with they own labels n studios etc. Just like ne other artist some of their mixtapes r better then their actual cd n sometimes or/& they go with the fad/commercial sh*t n all coasts have beat ryders. I feel the sh*t will never end cuz some from both sides wont give each other artists a chance outside of the north top 10 n souths bottom 10.
Oh n down here the main black statiion here always showin love the everybody incluing local acts. Common/john legend/kayne been of top 10 for min. other then that its blue n oldies, the rest rock pop sh*t like trl radio.
Imma just post my sh*t from another east vs south thread.

a old post sums up all south vs everyone else threads [WEBSITE LINK]plus the ones here I agree with

Originally Posted by IceMaker
Most rappers today regardless about where they are rap about the same sh*t

Mainstream rap is takin ova pont blank.Alotta cats flip other peoples verse or str8 jack em.Some cat in another forum point out jeezy jackin jayz but jayz does the same. 50 n jay n camron n big had shared atleast 1 line.

Originally Posted by fruitcitytyp
Texas has plenty lyricists. Y'all just aint heard of them. The real lyricists out here in Texas release a CD like one every 3 years cuz they on the streets grindin. Look at the Screwed Up Click. A lot of them n*ggaz still push weight. Lil Flip and Mike Jones are just the rappers that got signed and made videos. Texas got an underground just like New York do. Just like I don't know any of y'alls underground rappers. Y'all don't know any of ours. New York gets mad luv from me because they the originators, but there's more to Texas than Mike Jones, Paul Wall, and Lil Flip

I agree cuz thats eveywhere u dont get the cats u want signed with major radio n tv play n sales. They might as not been as good but in marketung etc they have success were others have failed, even if u hate them.

... A lot of people dont' realize that putting all of the southern states in a category is really unfair. Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, and all of the rest of the southern states all have different styles. Listen to Give Me That by Lil Weebie. It's clear on that track. I mean the West is mainly California and the east is mostly New York, yet the south is mostly 6 or 7 states.

So True. I started out bumpin everybody from too short 2 dre 2 ugk,8ball etc etc. Some sh*t i got into late like texas. I would hear ugk talkin bout screw bout i didnt know nothing bout it but I learned. I Know we n fl had the bass sh*t, NO had bounce sh*t ike the old juvi n jubilee(sp) n sh*t. GA had bass sh*t 2 then cats like lil jon n pastor troy etc etc.Even parts of each state cant be genaralize cuz game is always changing.U forgot Roy jones. His camp aight.Plus here where i stay u gotta lotta local clicks with they own sh*t like warrington celebs(most locked far as i know cuz drug deals last year) n platinum house.

KInda Agree. Im not gonna say all but the south respect north for makin the game n what it done for hiphop/rap but south seems has 2 f!ght just for a lil bit of it.Truthfully its kinda like self hate or a trap. In general younger cats wont understand until they mature. Same way they play the teen bop rock pop sh*t.Mislabeling sh*t like rnb. They listen 2 the mainstream sh*t but gotta be inclined 2 listen 2 other sh*t n think outside the box.Also u gotta undersatnd each genre of music cames from various influences. The same way cats rap bout ny ghettos the south kinda does the same.Like ur lil jons. They just rap bout what they know parting fu*kin drug dealin all that sh*t. Not all but some.

U my friend need a life
 07-25-2005, 08:26 AM         #124
biggsmizz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is This Rap Off Going To Be Filmed
 11 years ago '05        #125
REAL_NESS 
space
space
 pimppoet said:
n*ggas pride is hurtin. Ny cats seem 2 thing they the only true rappers n thats what hurts the game n causes tension n so the south is like fu*k yall then. Actual it seems like we didnt give a damn what yall think. We just did our thing. Even if u feel all the cats from the south suck u gotta respect their hustle.This the box so some cats r like game flip floppers on ne n every subject. Some box cats r biased. Some like me listen 2 a lil bit of everything n respect or hate based on the quality/appeal not where they from. Southern cats mostly been doin they thing underground with they own labels n studios etc. Just like ne other artist some of their mixtapes r better then their actual cd n sometimes or/& they go with the fad/commercial sh*t n all coasts have beat ryders. I feel the sh*t will never end cuz some from both sides wont give each other artists a chance outside of the north top 10 n souths bottom 10.
Oh n down here the main black statiion here always showin love the everybody incluing local acts. Common/john legend/kayne been of top 10 for min. other then that its blue n oldies, the rest rock pop sh*t like trl radio.
Imma just post my sh*t from another east vs south thread.

a old post sums up all south vs everyone else threads [WEBSITE LINK]plus the ones here I agree with

Originally Posted by IceMaker
Most rappers today regardless about where they are rap about the same sh*t

Mainstream rap is takin ova pont blank.Alotta cats flip other peoples verse or str8 jack em.Some cat in another forum point out jeezy jackin jayz but jayz does the same. 50 n jay n camron n big had shared atleast 1 line.

Texas has plenty lyricists. Y'all just aint heard of them. The real lyricists out here in Texas release a CD like one every 3 years cuz they on the streets grindin. Look at the Screwed Up Click. A lot of them n*ggaz still push weight. Lil Flip and Mike Jones are just the rappers that got signed and made videos. Texas got an underground just like New York do. Just like I don't know any of y'alls underground rappers. Y'all don't know any of ours. New York gets mad luv from me because they the originators, but there's more to Texas than Mike Jones, Paul Wall, and Lil Flip

I agree cuz thats eveywhere u dont get the cats u want signed with major radio n tv play n sales. They might as not been as good but in marketung etc they have success were others have failed, even if u hate them.

... A lot of people dont' realize that putting all of the southern states in a category is really unfair. Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida, and all of the rest of the southern states all have different styles. Listen to Give Me That by Lil Weebie. It's clear on that track. I mean the West is mainly California and the east is mostly New York, yet the south is mostly 6 or 7 states.

So True. I started out bumpin everybody from too short 2 dre 2 ugk,8ball etc etc. Some sh*t i got into late like texas. I would hear ugk talkin bout screw bout i didnt know nothing bout it but I learned. I Know we n fl had the bass sh*t, NO had bounce sh*t ike the old juvi n jubilee(sp) n sh*t. GA had bass sh*t 2 then cats like lil jon n pastor troy etc etc.Even parts of each state cant be genaralize cuz game is always changing.U forgot Roy jones. His camp aight.Plus here where i stay u gotta lotta local clicks with they own sh*t like warrington celebs(most locked far as i know cuz drug deals last year) n platinum house.

KInda Agree. Im not gonna say all but the south respect north for makin the game n what it done for hiphop/rap but south seems has 2 f!ght just for a lil bit of it.Truthfully its kinda like self hate or a trap. In general younger cats wont understand until they mature. Same way they play the teen bop rock pop sh*t.Mislabeling sh*t like rnb. They listen 2 the mainstream sh*t but gotta be inclined 2 listen 2 other sh*t n think outside the box.Also u gotta undersatnd each genre of music cames from various influences. The same way cats rap bout ny ghettos the south kinda does the same.Like ur lil jons. They just rap bout what they know parting fu*kin drug dealin all that sh*t. Not all but some.
damn you really typed all that sh*t up :thefu*k:
 07-25-2005, 08:39 AM         #126
BlazeDip5et 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its a rap battle , Pap dont care if he got songs with them , a battle is a battle
 07-25-2005, 10:52 AM         #127
I3Baller 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k kay slay..
 11 years ago '05        #128
REAL_NESS 
space
space
 BlazeDip5et said:
Its a rap battle , Pap dont care if he got songs with them , a battle is a battle
I don't think its really a battle though just freestyling but we'll see....
 07-25-2005, 04:25 PM         #129
ass_in_my_eyes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ohhh sh*t....someones gonna have to rip this.....

damn what a lineup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........NOTHING BUT LYRICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LYRICS>>>BEATS
 11 years ago '04        #130
south875 
space
space
$2,006 | Props total: 1 1
kay slay is wack anyways
 11 years ago '05        #131
icegrill 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 1 1
aiight then put up any south n*gga against a east coast n*gga...and boxden will judge...i know Mad Skillz will rip any n*gga
 11 years ago '05        #132
REAL_NESS 
space
space
 icegrill said:
aiight then put up any south n*gga against a east coast n*gga...and boxden will judge...i know Mad Skillz will rip any n*gga
Yeah right we have too many beasts on the east coast, thats a big statement...
 07-29-2005, 02:09 PM         #133
kleft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
south vs. east... lolol

man fu*k yalll.. LOL.. nobody even worried about that battle sh*t when we trying to get paper. we wasn't being sour when yall had it. we were STILL here listening and feeling everything that came out that we liked regardless of the coast.

rap all day and all night.. still aint fu*kin up our paper..
 07-29-2005, 02:11 PM         #134
osama 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kay slay is a homo... fu*k that fat a.ss n*gga
 11 years ago '05        #135
arkansas@$$hole 
space
space
$633 | Props total: 180 180
maine ain't no beef between the east and the south, never have been and don't need to be! i'm from the south and them n*ggas from the east be wreckin and freestylin they a.ss off! not everybody can battle freestyle!!!!!!!!!!!! the rap off is battles (freestyle), not written. he wasn't talkin sh*t about the south! i got a new dvd where he said he love southern n*ggas and etc! he was like alot of kats can't rap these days (south, east, west, midwest, etc) not just southern n*ggas!
 11 years ago '04        #136
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 0 0
has this sh*t even gone down?
 11-08-2005, 12:19 PM         #137
sparta-ent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no, last thing i heard him say was that he's gonna do a album featuring east and south artist. that was like 2 months ago tho
 11-08-2005, 12:20 PM         #138
rickylm 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chuckster409 said:
And thats what us South people be talking bout, yall be saying yall dont like the south and sh*t. Saying we ruining hiphop, but yet you dont even know our artist like Magno. If you dont know sh*t about the south, shut the fu*k up. Thank you. Whats their not to like about Chamillionaire, the dude got mad skills.
EXACTLY,what about Trae,DSR,.E.S.G,Lil Keke,The list goes on..
 11-08-2005, 12:53 PM         #139
You Need I Have 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whatever. kayslay ain't about to change the way things are by talking about it on hot 97. that's one city in one state out of 50. 49 others don't here sh*t he's got to say unless they cop mixtapes. the reason mike jones and jeezy got out there is because they grinded it out. papoose and these NY rappers kay slay keeps boostin up stay in new york, they've got that local mentality sh*t and by the looks of things it's not really getting them too far.

I ain't never heard papoose or jae millz or shells on no radio in VA or Cali and i've lived both places. only way I knew about them was through mixtapes. kayslay just perpetuates himself to the downfall of the rappers he fu*ks with. either they're stupid or they just don't care
 11 years ago '04        #140
thug_poet777 2 heat pts
space
space
$929 | Props total: 21 21
weezy>any rapper in that rapoff....bring the hate, but like homeboy said in that bg thread listen to track 12 off the drought 2 cd its called "in the booth" he's a superior battle rapper and would destroy any of those dudes, papoose is the only one that compare, but he reminds me of a canibus, just a n*gga wit sick lyrics and 80% of his fans dont know wthat the fu*k half of it means and wit that said saigon>papoose
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
67 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
95 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
62 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
104 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Clueless iPhone 7 owners destroy new handsets after YouTube prank dupes..
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
210 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
54 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sep 25 - the nasa machine trolls the public yet again
8 comments
2 days ago