Is Dr. Dre really a good beat-maker.. or does he only "sample" good ones

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Need To Know Her Name
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sean Kingston Files 900K Dollar Lawsuit After Chain Snatching Leaves H..
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11 years ago '04        #21
JFamis 196 heat pts196
space
space
$15,551 | Props total: 858 858
 SC1 said:
well what you expect man been in the game for 20 + years its hard to still have a new fresh sound unheard....n btw I kno Dre stole that DJ Quik beat da one dat had Truth Hurts n Rakim on it cuz didnt QUik sue him n dey had to remove Truth Hurts album from the shelf
QUik got credit, they got sued for not clearing the sample that Quik used.
 11 years ago '04        #22
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 5 5
 JFamis said:
QUik got credit, they got sued for not clearing the sample that Quik used.
ah thnx forgot the whole story on dat just know he took it n wasnt sure bout credit props man
 07-23-2005, 12:50 PM         #23
jae phill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think dre is a lucky motherfu*ker period
he cant survive on his own-check his track record-and all the producers and djs that help him make beats-hes like another puffy-if he doesnt have that energy that biggie gave puff or eminem and snoop gives dr.dre where will they be know?

hes alright overrrated-all his pioano beats are the same heard better
 07-23-2005, 02:22 PM         #24
sweettwista 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:
California Love
Express Yourself
Criminal

all examples of good songs he produced... none of the beats were his original work. he just remade them. and i think he was caught stealing the criminal beat also.

i think hes still a good beat maker but he only gets recognition for the beats that he actually didnt make
99% of rap/hip-hop is produced using samples of someone elses work. dre is an accomplished drummer, but that doesn't remove the fact that samples are widely used. some samples are barely noticable, and some songs entire backbone is a sample. for the most part, gone are the days of a studio full of MUSICIANS doin tha damn thang. curtis mayfield, james brown, marvin gaye, staple singers, the ohio players, and parlament are some of the most widely used. led zeppelin (yes, rock and roll) are used quite a bit. listen to gangsta NIP's "paranoid", the whole song is from ted nugents (yes, more rock and roll) song "stranglehold". true musical talent is on the decline. it's so much easier to take someone elses hard work and use it, especially when you have no talent of your own.
 07-23-2005, 05:10 PM         #25
sparta-ent 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can't say he's a good producer, cause he stole mad beats and took credit. from daz, quick, hi-tek, scott storch, mr. porter, sam sneed, etc
 11 years ago '04        #26
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 Hookz said:
Hes Also Takin' Credit For Beats He Didn't Make
^^^Yep...for instance...Eve feat Gwen Stefani Blow Your Mind joint...

According to the credits it was done by Dre...but Scott Storch made it quite clear that he did that beat...

And then the Outta Control joint with Mobb Deep...you hear P mention that he's good now that he has Dre beats...and it even sounds like Dre layered on top of the beat...

But by the style of the beat it's obviously a Havoc joint...

Dre is a musical genius...but he's not the best individual beat maker on earth...

Nonetheless he brings classics...but people give him TOO much credit...
 11 years ago '04        #27
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 topcontender said:
Nobody knows this n*gga personally nor has anyone been around this n*gga to know how he works therefore noone can say sh*t because noone really knows so stop acting like you know sh*t. One thing I do know is that some of my favorite songs from him were sampled from classics, whether he made it or not I don't know, all I know is that the credits went to him. Many producers have made tracks that've been credited to Dre just because if they used the true producers name the song wouldn't do as well. That's the industry. Good Track + Big Name= Sales, Good Track + No Name= *cricket sounds*
^^^Has no idea what he's speakin' on...it's a fact that Dre doesn't produce things himself...we don't have to know him personally to know that...

Edit: I mean it's a fact that Dre's had a lot of help with his production...and he gives off the facade sometimes that everything that he puts out is 100% Dre...

Last edited by Jamaro85; 07-23-2005 at 05:30 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #28
Dj J-One 
space
space
$1,247 | Props total: 1 1
Dre is a god period , and he doesn't beat bite like alot of the sampling producers these days.
 07-23-2005, 05:24 PM         #29
Hookz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dj J-One said:
Dre is a god period , and he doesn't beat bite like alot of the sampling producers these days.
No, Instead He Takes Credit For Beats He Doesnt Make.
 11 years ago '04        #30
ShaDoW1 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,799 | Props total: 386 386
 Troublesome2005 said:
dre is a legend but at times hes way overrated

Nailed it
 07-23-2005, 06:48 PM         #31
Hookz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 g0tt1 said:
his beats are gettin repetitive...
Always Have Been
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Stitches still talkin bout "a fair one" wit game
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
141 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
650 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
39 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
91 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BAPE x Adidas NMD Release Date
45 comments
1 day ago