Anyone's top-5 not contain Jay-Z, Nas, 2Pac, or Notorious B.I.G?

most viewed right now
 113
Image(s) inside Shawty Lo at wake
158 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 101
Video inside Meek Mill accepts The Games's fight challenge
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 98
Meek just dropped one of the verses of the year :mjcry:
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside wwf legend gail kim
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 07-20-2005, 07:59 PM         #101
jeromewebby 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who does everyone think is the best female emcee ever?
 07-20-2005, 08:01 PM         #102
Camay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll make 5 just because I know 5 where it could only take someone with some history to get at me. Place the order as you choose.

1.KRS -Beyond compare. While they are having classes about 2Pac. KRS has been for years lecturing at Universities everywhere. Controversial, and intelligent. KRS is also an archtype of MC for many to follow both gangster and political. more styles than we dare mention, plus his words are despite how we feel about him are the hinges upon which hip-hop swings..to this very day. The basic tenets of hip-hop which many profess today were brung to the masses by KRS.

2.Rakim -Nas is only an extension of Rakim. Rakim completely shattered the formula, the true impact of his flow has still yet to be understood. Primarily because people often default to Nas when in fact they should default to Rakim the god, not god's son.

3.Chuck D -Head MC of one of the greatest groups arguably in the history of music. His messages took not only hip-hop but the world by storm.

4.Run -Run was the Rakim of Hip-Hop before Rakim. When Run-DMC was on top no one was touching Run. Also played a major role pioneering modern hip-hop as it stands today practically 20 years later.

5.Grandmaster Flash/Melle Mel - hip-hops founding fathers. "The Message" alone can give them rights to be number 1. Probably the most influential song in the history of Hip-Hop. Almost 25 years old the songs message rings true today as it did over 2 decades ago.

Class dismissed.
I need to prop myself you got me feeling like a 95-96 Jordan after a post lke this. Know the history.


Edit: Now because of the argument about Grandmaster Flash/Melle Mel I would with no hold up put in LL Cool J who is the bottom line blueprint for modern music. He perfected the love game he was teased about. The 21st Century prototype.


Last edited by Camay; 07-20-2005 at 11:15 PM..
 07-20-2005, 08:11 PM         #103
DipSetSaddam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 str8_akademiks said:
mine doesnt have 2pac...
Cause he wasnt that good of a rapper to be honest.

same here

and i dont have that skeezer-wifing Nas in mine either
 07-20-2005, 08:26 PM         #104
Luda848 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MC Lyte...and Immortal Technique belongs in NO ONES top 20, even though I like him, come on, he has 2 albums, AND LISTEN TO HIS FLOW

and Camay, your list was amazing until it got to #4...honestly, besides myself, I've never seen Chuck D in a top 3 before!

but...

Run was WAAAYYYY too elementary an MC to be top 10 or even 20 material....sure he made dope music, and was a good MC, but not elite...

and GRANDMASTER FLASH IS NOT A RAPPER, he is a DJ, Melle Mel is in my top 20, who was in the Furious 5, and did the classic final verse of the message...props anyway for your top 5 though...

EDIT: By "MC Lyte", i was responding to
who does everyone think is the best female emcee ever?


Last edited by Luda848; 07-20-2005 at 08:28 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #105
illatwill 
space
avatar space
space
$1,293 | Props total: 5 5
i dont got Jay-z

im surprised u dont have Big L tho
 07-20-2005, 08:53 PM         #106
Camay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Luda848 said:
but...

Run was WAAAYYYY too elementary an MC to be top 10 or even 20 material....sure he made dope music, and was a good MC, but not elite...
I understand you point about Flash and Melle Mel but beause of that song they have to be there.

As far as Run name a more impactful MC during the reign of RUN-DMC. The only other possibility would be LL. Elementary only because of today's standards also remember MC's is about rocking a crowd and connecting with the people as well. Who other than Run during that time period? Who other than Run Adidas, black bombers, Peter-Piper, Hard Times, It's like That, Walk This Way, Run's House, Tougher than Leather. Tell me who? Like I said Run was Rakim before Rakim came.

I need a better argument than what you provided. These are all icons, historical figures in and archtypes in Hip-Hop. Glad you respect the old school though. :applause:


Last edited by Camay; 07-20-2005 at 08:54 PM..
 07-20-2005, 09:02 PM         #107
Luda848 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yep, love the old school, and I understand your reasons for putting Run so high...

but I just dont think GM Flash deserves to be on a greatest MC list because he wasn't an MC lol...

And yeah, LL is definately an elite rapper...
 11 years ago '04        #108
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
I don't even got Jay-z in my top 20.

Btw, 2pacalypse now is gangsta as fu*k. Who saying that pac wasn't a lyricist until he dropped All Eyez on me and 7 day theory?? Anyways, my list goes like:

BIG
Nas
2pac
The D.O.C
Big L
Eminem - (Yeah you could hate i don't give a damn)
Rakim
 07-20-2005, 09:05 PM         #109
Luda848 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^nice list

I hate Em, so I wont even go there...

but wow @ putting on the D.O.C., I agree he is one of the greats, and one of my favorites, too, but what holds him back from being an elite MC for me was his body of work :-\

he only got 'No One Can Do It Better', 'Helter Skelter' with his fu*ked up voice, and another where he barely raps at all...

Well, cant blame him for that, wasnt his fault...
 11 years ago '04        #110
Ateace3 
space
avatar space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 8 8
i dont really have a top5 list, but if i made one, nas wouldnt be in it...
 07-20-2005, 09:22 PM         #111
o_Buddy_o 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kurt blow
kool mo dee
run dmc
rakim
grand puba
 11 years ago '04        #112
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,748 | Props total: 90 90
My List
Eminem
Nas
Royce Da 5'9
DMX
Jadakiss
 07-20-2005, 09:36 PM         #113
HardWhite 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got them all in the top 5
 07-20-2005, 11:16 PM         #114
Camay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LL as opposed to my original 5th slot. Good looks, Luda848
 07-20-2005, 11:24 PM         #115
Luda848 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cool, no problem...
 07-20-2005, 11:40 PM         #116
MortalDanger 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol i dont have nas and thats something boxden doesnt accept LOL

all of u d!ck ride him like hes the illest to ever walk when in fact hes prolly closer to the wackest ever.....almost every artist ive ever heard is better than nas.... illmatic sucked a.ss people just hype it and never actually listen to it...50% of the people that ride nas d!ck would put in a mariah carey album then they would a nas album....the other 50% havnt even listened to a nas album they just join in with the others to fit in.....benzino - arch nemesis sh*ts on all of nases albums lol ....

freddie foxxx k!lled nas on his own track wonder why that didnt make the album?

nas is wack stop puttin him in ur top 5....biggie 2pac big pun big l eminem jay-z mobb deep rakim dr dre are all DEF ahead of nas in all aspects.....but for me id go on to say dblock freddie foxxx cormega juice chino xl royce da 59 common talib kweli .......never endin list there..

now everyone watch my rep points decline drastically because people dont like to hear the truth
 11 years ago '05        #117
reeps. 
space
avatar space
space
$2,623 | Props total: 0 0
 MortalDanger said:
lol i dont have nas and thats something boxden doesnt accept LOL

all of u d!ck ride him like hes the illest to ever walk when in fact hes prolly closer to the wackest ever.....almost every artist ive ever heard is better than nas.... illmatic sucked a.ss people just hype it and never actually listen to it...50% of the people that ride nas d!ck would put in a mariah carey album then they would a nas album....the other 50% havnt even listened to a nas album they just join in with the others to fit in.....benzino - arch nemesis sh*ts on all of nases albums lol ....

freddie foxxx k!lled nas on his own track wonder why that didnt make the album?

nas is wack stop puttin him in ur top 5....biggie 2pac big pun big l eminem jay-z mobb deep rakim dr dre are all DEF ahead of nas in all aspects.....but for me id go on to say dblock freddie foxxx cormega juice chino xl royce da 59 common talib kweli .......never endin list there..

now everyone watch my rep points decline drastically because people dont like to hear the truth
No its not the truth, its your opinion.

But in all honesty, to say that Nas is closer to "wackest ever" and to make statements like "illmatic sucked a.ss" is not only unbelievably childish & immature, but its about the most ignorant thing you can say.

Oh and
"50% of the people that ride nas d!ck would put in a mariah carey album then they would a nas album....the other 50% havnt even listened to a nas album they just join in with the others to fit in"
^^ what the hell? Please do not make posts or write things where you have no idea what you're even talking about.
 11 years ago '05        #118
BigL4Life 
space
avatar space
space
$3,956 | Props total: 3 3
My list only consist of one:
5. DMX
4. ODB/Meth/
3. Eminem
2. Jay Z
1. Big L

Em was amazing before he hit hard with Encore, L was always the sh*t, Jiggas been consistent his whole career, Wu and ODB are the sh*t, and DMX was amazing from album 1-5(i liked Grand Champ)
 11 years ago '04        #119
Veno da Don 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$18,984 | Props total: 1576 1576
 MortalDanger said:
lol i dont have nas and thats something boxden doesnt accept LOL

all of u d!ck ride him like hes the illest to ever walk when in fact hes prolly closer to the wackest ever.....almost every artist ive ever heard is better than nas.... illmatic sucked a.ss people just hype it and never actually listen to it...50% of the people that ride nas d!ck would put in a mariah carey album then they would a nas album....the other 50% havnt even listened to a nas album they just join in with the others to fit in.....benzino - arch nemesis sh*ts on all of nases albums lol ....

freddie foxxx k!lled nas on his own track wonder why that didnt make the album?

nas is wack stop puttin him in ur top 5....biggie 2pac big pun big l eminem jay-z mobb deep rakim dr dre are all DEF ahead of nas in all aspects.....but for me id go on to say dblock freddie foxxx cormega juice chino xl royce da 59 common talib kweli .......never endin list there..

now everyone watch my rep points decline drastically because people dont like to hear the truth

What don't you like about NaS the fact that he paint pictures with his words.

The fact that he is one the only mainstream n*ggas that rap about the hood and that streets with wit and cleverness.

The fact that he isn't a industry wh0ore who make gay comercial sh*t just to sell records.

The fact that he doesn't and never has followed record industry "Trends" and makes music for his fans.

The fact that he is a platinum aritst. Over and Over without being all over MTV or BET.

The fact that he is married to Kelis with a 9 year old daughter named Destiny who he loves.

The fact that he is an African-American male from the Queens Bridge Projects.

The fact that he is most likely your favorite rappers favorite rapper.

The fact that Illmatic is considered by 90% of people who ever listened to hip-hop music the best hip-hop album of all-time.

The fact that he is doing something you can't.





Or are you just hating because it is a freedom some people have that they should not be allowed to have.

Whatever the case may be you sound like a stupid d!ckhead who has a grudge against a man you've most likely never met and never will.

That sh*t is sad son I wish you the best.
 11 years ago '05        #120
BigL4Life 
space
avatar space
space
$3,956 | Props total: 3 3
 Veno da Don said:
What don't you like about NaS the fact that he paint pictures with his words.

The fact that he is one the only mainstream n*ggas that rap about the hood and that streets with wit and cleverness.

The fact that he isn't a industry wh0ore who make gay comercial sh*t just to sell records.

The fact that he doesn't and never has followed record industry "Trends" and makes music for his fans.

The fact that he is a platinum aritst. Over and Over without being all over MTV or BET.

The fact that he is married to Kelis with a 9 year old daughter named Destiny who he loves.

The fact that he is an African-American male from the Queens Bridge Projects.

The fact that he is most likely your favorite rappers favorite rapper.

The fact that Illmatic is considered by 90% of people who ever listened to hip-hop music the best hip-hop album of all-time.

The fact that he is doing something you can't.





Or are you just hating because it is a freedom some people have that they should not be allowed to have.

Whatever the case may be you sound like a stupid d!ckhead who has a grudge against a man you've most likely never met and never will.

That sh*t is sad son I wish you the best.

yOU just laced that fuka with some "Ether"
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Major key galore
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside sarah macdonald
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
126 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 18
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
235 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
239 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside 2K17 AI Double Team Cheese Out of Control?
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 9
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
165 comments
1 day ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy