most viewed right now
Video inside Beans Really Did Get Ko'd
368 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Game goes to NORTH PHILLY for some cheesesteak
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #141
rippac4 
space
space
$13,780 | Props total: 384 384
that sh*t was the truth & he's right about alot of sh*t he said whether u like him or not that was a good read & people who said it's too long increase your knowledge read a little
 11 years ago '04        #142
StealOnU 
space
space
$3,270 | Props total: 0 0
goddamn dis n*gga a lot in dis interview...
 11 years ago '04        #143
Mr_Plenty 
space
space
$2,558 | Props total: 110 110
Wtf is the Nation of Gods and Earth? sounds like some kinda cult

Good read...the fu*ked up thing is most of these boxden fools aint gon read the shyt haha...ya mightve jus learned somin ya didnt kno

Good points fromt he article:

Most people go there and become Muslims and Five Percenters because it is like a ‘gang’ and they feel they need protection. They are thinking, ‘yeah let me come in here and get down with somebody so if I get into a problem, I’m protected.’ What they don’t realize is that when you join the Five Percenters, become a Muslim, or a member of something, not only do you have protection but if you see another Muslim, for example, get into something, that is your problem now too. You take on the problems of everybody who claims to be part of this certain thing. And when a lot of people are getting down (with these groups) for the wrong reasons - you wind up finding yourself in a beef because a Muslim dude is messing with a chump, or a Five Percenter is on the low really messing with the f*gs, and now you find yourself right in the middle of that situation.

These people were using the media and things of that nature to promote (Black people) going over there f!ghting against the Viet Cong and the Vietnamese people, as a way to prove that you were worthy to be a real American. They ran one Navy ad that said, ‘We Will Take You As Far As You Can Go.’ This was the ad they were giving to the people to get them to join the Army and Navy. And when they went over there to f!ght it was the natives of Vietnam, in Saigon, who were telling Blacks, ‘this ain’t your war.’ They used to drop pamphlets for the Black soldiers - when they would go to Saigon to f--- with the prostitutes and get drugs – telling them ‘this is not your war.’ I actually have a copy of one of those pamphlets that they were dropping. It is on my DVD. You get to actually see it for yourself. A lot of people are not hip to these kind of things, that the Vietnamese were doing toward Black soldiers. They were telling us, ‘you guys don’t even have civil rights. Y’all are in America f!ghting for civil rights and you are over here f!ghting for a country that won’t even let you drink out of a decent f-----g water fountain.’

I think it is only ‘school’ if you go there and make it ‘school’. Because honestly speaking most guys don’t go there and make it ‘school.’ That is why recidivism is so high. Most guys go there and lift weights and play basketball, honestly speaking. They get diesel and gain weight, so that they can come home and mess with more women. So you have to take the initiative and teach yourself and don’t use that time in vain. Because what they do, is just like in the streets, the sports thing (is big) in there.
If you ask people why they like Tupac, the majority of them don’t know. I’ve seen dudes who really shout out, ‘Tupac this…’ and ‘Tupac that…’ and you ask them, ‘why do you like ‘Pac?’ and they respond, ‘Uh, he was dope – he had a dope song. I liked Juice and this other movie…’ And they don’t even realize what this dude was about. They don’t really see what his plight was. The media don’t let you pick that up.
Like this dude, Brian Nichols, for example. I don’t really agree with what he did, but did you see how quick the media downplayed that? But they will show Michael Jackson every five minutes in the news? This dude snatched a gun, shot the judge, shot everybody, ran out and k!lled an FBI agent. This should have gotten way more media coverage that Michael Jackson allegedly touching a little White boy. But they don’t want that (the image of Brian Nichols) to spark a revolutionary mind. That was a revolutionary move. No matter how you look at it, what this dude did was some really going against the system. That is like a slave k!lling a master, real talk. Know what I mean?
rappers are the voice of the Ghetto right now. If Jay-Z says, ‘ hey put on a button down shirt’, the next day in the hood you are going to see a million button down shirts. If 50 Cent says, ‘hey put on a bullet proof vest…’ I’ve seen dudes put on vests that weren’t even bullet proof (laughter). Just for the look.

There are no White kids from the suburbs in these prisons. They are not there. They don’t do no crime at all? Come on. There is 220 million White people in this country and only 30 million Blacks. Why do we make up more of the prison population? That don’t make sense. I mean, it is like everything negative in this country, we lead the category in everything detrimental and negative. This is not an accident, this is by design. And it is time for us to step up and say ‘how much of this are we going to take?’ A lot of Black people are complacent because they feel like, ‘OK, we are not being hosed down in the street anymore, with German shepherds being sicked on us’. But we built this country, we deserve more man. And until you step up, a closed mouth don’t get fed. Nobody is going to come offer you anything. We made this country. Our blood and our sweat built this country. There is no reason we should be living in the conditions we live in.
And who really makes the profit off of this music? Not the artist. The artist makes chicken scratch compared to what these executives make. They don’t have to worry about their lives being in danger. They don’t have to worry about some kid who hears a 50 Cent record who gets hyped, drunk and goes out and shoots up a party. They don’t have to worry about that because that is not in their neighborhood. It doesn’t matter to them. They live in Beverly Hills, Bel Air, the Hamptons. That is not around there. It is just like in the hood. Let somebody go stand on a corner and sell drugs. He can get an eight or nine month run on that corner before they knock him. Some dudes get two year runs on the corner, before they take them to jail. I have had the luxury of living in the ghetto and in the suburbs. Go to the suburbs and stand on the corner. You won’t have a two-day run. Police will be there, ‘what are you doing on this corner sir?’ The next day somebody is going to call the police and say, ‘there is a guy standing on the corner – he has been on the corner for two hours.’ You will be off that corner very, very fast. And in the hood they are not going to tell you to get off of the corner. Their attitude is, ‘Hey you guys love this – here go stand on the corner, poison your people for a few more months; we are going to come and get you though, we are going to make some money off of you, and then ruin your life, give you a criminal history and then you are a statistic, we gotta’ keep our system moving. We got to keep these jails booming.’
Jail is a big business. That’s the free labor. You don’t think they want that free labor? Jails are owned by private corporations in New York state. That is free labor. And these same dudes are the ones who are on these parole panels. Now when a person goes up for parole – this dude could have been in jail for ten years. You look at his crime and then you look at his record in jail. He might not have that bad of a record. If you are in a hostile environment you are going to get into a few little things. But they are going to say, ‘Hmmm, your crime was so heinous, we don’t think you are remorseful.’ Now you think a person is not going to be biased when it comes time to let go of their free labor? Do you really think they are going to let their free labor go? Hell no. So, they are going to say, ‘here, hit him with 24 more months.’ These parole boards are out of control! Nobody talks about it, but these parole boards in New York State - 40 people will go before a parole board and 3 people will get let go. It is to the point now, that when dudes go to the board they automatically know that they are going to get hit. The numbers are like 40 to 2; or 38 people go in front of the board and only 5 people make it. 52 people go before the board and 4 people make it. Y’all aren’t letting nobody go.
 11 years ago '04        #144
Mr_Plenty 
space
space
The label didn’t know what to do with it. I had that song before I got signed and I went to the label like, ‘yo, man we can really do something big with this, we could start a whole ‘stop gang bangin’ campaign with this; ya’ll want some press? We can get press with this if y’all want to go ballistic with it.’ And they were like, "ah,uh,uh, where’s your ‘shake your b00ty’ record?" I’m like come on. But nobody really wants to save lives. (Their mentality) is, ‘we get paid more off of destroying lives, so why should we try to start saving people, when we are getting paid telling mother f-----s to go drink and go have unprotected s3x - like, sh*t, we are good, we are getting rich, that sh*t ain’t affecting us!’ You go to any White state, Montana, Utah, Wisconsin, the Dakotas, Iowa, those states have an almost zero AIDS rate compared to where ever you have Black people – New York, Chicago, Miami, L.A., that’s where you find all of the AIDS at. Something ain’t right here. You telling me that’s a coincidence? We are the only ones fu----g? Nah. We are the only ones shooting heroin? Come on, this is by design. And if you don’t believe in biological warfare, go find a Native American and ask them what happened to their people and they will tell you, ‘we have been exterminated by smallpox, by typhoid fever – it was put in our blankets.' This is the same animal we are dealing with, god. Ain’t nothing changed but the date. People like to say, ‘Oh no, those were those days.’ Come on, nobody changes like that. Your mentality doesn’t change over night. (People) act like they woke up one day and was like, ‘we are sorry, we are cool, everything is back to normal, everything is cool, we live in peace and harmony, let freedom ring.’ Get the f—-k out of here. I ain’t buying that sh*t.
same shyt i b thinking and saying^^^^^^^^^^^^

If Black-on-Black crime was not so efficient...do you know how much we destroy ourselves with this sh*t? It is like I have so many dead friends and all of them were k!lled by another Black person. Everybody I know in the hood who got shot was shot by another Black person. I know one kid who a cop k!lled. Everybody else I know that was murdered was murdered by a Black person. Now, I am only one person. Imagine everybody else who is in the same boat as me. You have got to go to the root of it because the root started in slavery when we were instilled with self-hatred. k!lling a person who looks like you is almost like k!lling yourself because you were taught to hate yourself. You have been taught that you are ugly, that everything Black is negative. So to k!ll another Black person is nothing. It is like in the projects - if a Black mother f----r walks through the projects and nobody knows him, n*ggas is ready to beat him down, check him, ‘Who you here to see n*gga? Whose girl you f-----g?’ And they are ready to attack them, they are not ready to embrace them, right away. If a White mother f----r walks through the projects everybody automatically a.ssumes he must be an authority figure, so, ‘we are not gonna’ f-—k with him, he might be somebody’s P.O. (Probation Officer), he’s probably a cop.’ So nobody messes with him. Now that is backwards to me, man.
It is the same thing in jail. Not to differentiate between Spanish and Blacks; but I just want to show how messed we are from slavery – but when a Black person comes to a new jail, (Black) mo’ f----rs are looking at him to see what he got to see what they can take. But when a Puerto Rican comes, the Puerto Ricans are looking to see if he has got anything to see what he needs. “Do you need some shampoo? Do you need some cosmetics, you need soap – are you straight Brother?” But with us, its like, ‘Damn, what this n*gga got that I can take from him?’ (laughter) And that makes me sad to see that.
Like, why are we the only people in the world that can’t look at each other?

The other day, I’m on the train and I ‘m looking at this little kid and he is scared to look me in my face. I can tell he keeps catching eye contact with me, and he then he will turn his head, because he automatically a.ssumes that I’m going to be like, ‘What the f—k you lookin at?’ We are the only people that if you look at a person too long it’s a problem. I ain’t never seen two business White men on the train like, ‘What you lookin at? You got a problem with me, man?’ or two Chinese men arguing over a look. A mo’ f----r might like your shirt, or your haircut – God gave us eyes to look. If you look at a baby, babies stare at everything because they are internalizing everything they see. If you are a person about growing and developing, you are analytical, you look at sh*t. With us its like, ‘What the f—-k this n*gga looking at, son?’ You know how many n*ggas I know who got into an altercation or shoot out because, a n*gga was looking at them, son? ’n*gga was grilling me, son.’ And I’m like, grilling you? Did he say anything, did he touch you? And the answer is, ‘No, but ??????s can’t be lookin at me like that!’ But let a cop come come stare at this same person. A cop can stare at you, tell you to lay down on the floor, kick you in the back and you’ve got no beef with that.
i dont agree with the last line though ill definately have beef wit dem copz

Number one, we have been indoctrinated by a people. As Black Americans, we weren’t only trained, we went through acculturation. We had everything stripped of us, our culture, who we were. It would take some serious reprogramming for us to get on the right path because we hate each other. Black people, I can honestly say, hate each other man. There is so little bit of love amongst our own people. Look how we treat our women. We don’t even take care of our kids, man. Us, as men we have dropped the ball so much. Our parents dropped the ball. But you have got to think of who they really are. Our parents went through the Civil Rights Movement, there parents went through sharecropping, and there parents were slaves. We are just learning what our parents taught us.
I’m 27, when my generation, doesn’t know nothing and we got our kids growing up being raised by MTV, and these channels that make you feel like its cool for two women to be married and two men to be together, and that is not weird to them, and its cool for us to be k!lling one another in all of these violent movies, and video games – things are getting worse. We grew up with thirteen channels. I remember when cable first came out. These kids now have 400 hundred channels on TV. So they are way more out of tune with their culture than we were. We knew a little bit about being Black when we were growing up. We had the James Brown song, ‘I’m Black and I’m Proud.’ We had those (type of songs). We have seen people wear natural Afros. Yo, do you know how hard it is to find a girl without a perm nowadays?
Saigon: Or without a weave? I am like what is all this weave sh*t? Come on, B. Like, where did all of this come from? Why do all of you all feel like you need long straight Black hair like the White woman?
Because the child is like, ‘Man, I’m getting these things and I know they are not coming from my mother, they are coming from my Father.’ And the same could be true if your Mother is incarcerated – which we don’t talk about enough. But the woman prison population is growing as well. But if my mother is locked up and I am being raised by my grandmother and she is like, ‘Here is these sneakers from your mother.’ You don’t start to resent your mother so much. Because I know one of the most popular jokes growing up in the ghetto when somebody’s mother or father was incarcerated was, ‘that’s why your daddy is a jailbird.’ Subliminally you start to not like your father because you feel like you are being teased off of something that he did. That breaks up the family structure. They grow up not liking their father, not even realizing why he went to jail. Not even looking at the unjust laws. They don’t even look at that. So I am thinking, they don’t make enough money to send money home, so if we can start programs where we can get tangible goods – clothes, books – to give to these kids – it keeps the family structure intact. And that’s what we have to do. We have to live more like the Jews. Not as far as being greedy capitalists, but more in terms of being more structural so that we take care of one another. We spend almost $500 billion annually in this country and we don’t have sh*t. That don’t make sense. And you know why? We go buy the Nike sneakers, the Addidas, the Mercedes Benz car and we don’t own sh*t. With all of this money we spend we still don’t own nothing. We gotta look like the dumbest (people). You go to any Black neighborhood and find me a Black business, not a Jamaican restaurant – I mean an African-American business. We might have two soulfood restaurants in the whole Bed Stuy, but you got 40 million Chinese restaurants. And you got 30 Arab Kennedy Fried Chicken joints. Then you got all of these Spanish nail shops. This is a Black neighborhood – where all all of the Black businesses at?
 11 years ago '04        #145
Mr_Plenty 
space
space
In our neighborhood. In our hood, taking our money. You go to a Jewish neighborhood, they are not going to no Chinese restaurants. What, are you kidding me? They are eating Maza Balls, B. All day. They are not going to spend any money at the Kennedy Fried Chicken. You might have one rebellious Jew who does that, you know what I mean (laughter)? And he feels like he is rebelling against what he is supposed to be doing. He’s like‘F-—k that I’m going to be down with the Blacks.’ And that one will go and step outside of their circle. But they understand the importance of economy. We actually create the economy. The only way we can go and hurt these mo---- f-----rs? We can’t go and pick up guns. The only way we can finally make them show their true colors and come to the table and reason with us and fix our communities (is through economics)...that’s my whole beef. Fix up the community man. That’s it. When I go to the ghetto and I see some of the living conditions, people shouldn’t live like that in America where there is all of this money here. Fix up people’s living conditions man. Start telling us the truth. Start letting us learn on our own. That is my big qualm. It ain’t like I want to k!ll the White Man. Nah, I’m not a racist, I’m not like that, but fair is fair. Be fair all the way around the board. Don’t tell us, everybody is free and everybody is equal, meanwhile you are making us live in these slums, and you got us living in some harsh f---ed up living conditions, while you live good. That don’t make sense. We aren’t the same or equal – equal how? This ain’t equal to me. And we have got to start economizing to start trying to save our money, start some Black businesses and recycle some of this money in our neighborhoods so we can start having our own.
Good shyt^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 11 years ago '04        #146
hugobomber 
space
space
space
$252 | Props total: 0 0
50 sells records, hes a businessman now. This aint about music. Its about purpose.

50s just selling records now...almost like pop music, and i say ALMOST for a reason. Im not gonna hate on his music, cuz he has made good music. But he's not doing anything good for the community, he doing it for HIMSELF. He wants fame, money, ho's, thats all he's about now. Now u tell me how can he still brag bout being a thug all up in the hood living in a $8 million mansion.

Now I tell you now...at least his guy is giving it a try. 50 makes club bangers, but Saigon makes REAL music. 50 will prolly sell 20-30 million records before his time, and saigon prolly wont sell a tenth of that. But at least he doesnt rap to sell records, he has a purpose. All 50's songs have this exact premise:

I shot 9 times,
So im instantly a gangsta,
Which is why i fu*ked your sister,
While gunning down some f*gs
In my $250,000 Maybach
G-UNIT

Saigon isnt about that. He's been there...done that. He wants the change people's lives. He doesnt want more people to die. He wants his people to get out of the hood.

I'm not black, and i was never near the hood. But i can certainly respect saigon for what he's doing.

Last edited by hugobomber; 07-23-2005 at 12:08 PM..
 07-23-2005, 12:17 PM         #147
Troublesome2005 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5-0...............
 11 years ago '04        #148
Smartass 
space
space
$1,677 | Props total: 0 0
 hugobomber said:
I'm not black, and i was never near the hood. But i can certainly respect saigon for what he's doing.
50 doesn't want your respect, though... he just wants your money.

I thought it was funny back when MTV would say that 50 was going to be like Tupac... Tupac and 50 were not in it for the same thing.
 07-23-2005, 02:06 PM         #149
thebcoming05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He spoke the truth alot of n*ggas gone hate but that shows how many shallow minded n*ggas exist
 11 years ago '04        #150
Jon Dough 
space
space
space
$228 | Props total: 0 0
1 of the best interviews i've read in a while.
 11 years ago '04        #151
Bigmiketruth 
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
Groupies gettin caught up in the thread title probably didnt even read the interview. That was deep truth right there. I love that sh*t when somebody says some crazy sh*t, then explains it and its not crazy anymore...
 07-23-2005, 11:29 PM         #152
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regularjoe said:
fu*k saigon, he needs to get off that white people black people sh*t... that just makes things worse, and he is alienating (sp.) a lot of white people, hes making a black and white issue out of something that doesnt necessarily need to be black and white..

wow... hes choosing states that have AIDS.... this is one of the most ignorant statements ive read from a rapper..... i know what hes trying to say.. but thats a failed attempt.............

****.....!!!!!!
 07-24-2005, 09:42 AM         #153
Rocket Science 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
coming out dissing 50 ain't smart...he can make rappers disappear, or make them lose fans....i ain't d!ckriding...but it has been done...
 07-24-2005, 05:19 PM         #154
Tha Matic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice read

Saigons the truth
 11 years ago '04        #155
b_ee_z 4 heat pts
space
space
$760 | Props total: 23 23
 Saint1 said:
did you people even read the article? Sai just spoke as the most intelligent rapper ever. I like 50 and his music but you can't deny that the dude (along with Dre and Aftermath) are just bringing down black people.
you guys are idiots, how is music bringing down black people. I've listened to rap and hip hop all my life and I'm in college getting my education. Young adults make their own decisons when it comes to what path they want to take in life. That sh*t is programmed into their heads from middle school; If you do this, this will happen.

Last edited by b_ee_z; 07-24-2005 at 05:43 PM..
 07-25-2005, 12:10 PM         #156
Pop Culture 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
saigon the realest in the game right now
 07-25-2005, 12:35 PM         #157
theone2g 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn i heard to pick up names, Nas ,Jigga, 50 jus couldnt read the whole sht, props tho...gud he exposin fiddy
 07-25-2005, 01:47 PM         #158
u_dont_know_me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2CloSe said:
damn that sh*t is long...u should of posted the audio homes...
 11 years ago '04        #159
bowser 
space
space
$34 | Props total: 0 0
Forreal this thread would be much better if the people that didn't even read the article Would just shut the fu*k up period.
 08-22-2005, 08:14 AM         #160
ThatDudeMJ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This man said alot of good sh*t in this interview. About the Bloods and Crips and the jail system. He speaks the truth.Screw the 50 issue.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
144 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
18 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
143 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, I’m gonna stop being polite and start gett..
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #NARCOS Tata Escobar played by Paulina Gaitan
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Lloyd Banks - All Or Nothing 2: Live It Up Tracklist (Ft. Joe Budden, V..
65 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
52 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Game Responds To Maino
117 comments
2 days ago