Is 300 push ups ok if I dont lift weights?

most viewed right now
Video inside DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME [FILM ANTICIPATION / DISCUSSION THREAD] :owlc..
198 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey has some choice words for Stevie Smith Sr.
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-18-2005, 09:37 PM         #1
8995 pageviews
12 comments

obt13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is 300 push ups ok if I dont lift weights?

I dont lift weights anymore and I just do push ups. I 3 sets of 50 diamond push ups and 3 sets of 50 regular push ups. I can do this preety easily. Should I do more push ups than this? What about the push ups where you put your legs on the chair?

12 comments for "Is 300 push ups ok if I dont lift weights?"

11 years ago '04        #2
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,502 | Props total: 1051 1051
Uhh...what exactly are you asking???are you wondering if you can gain muscle from all those push ups??? if so the answer is no....if your asking if thats a lot of push ups the answer is kinda...if you did 300 straight then yes thats a lot but 6 sets of 50's not that much....
 07-19-2005, 12:24 AM         #3
obt13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How many do ya recommend. Not get muscle? Ive only been doing push ups for a week and Ive noticed my arms are getting bigger. How many should I do. I dont really care about strenght that much I just want to get cut. Im cut already but how many push ups would ya recommend
 07-19-2005, 02:27 AM         #4
30 1 3rd D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 obt13 said:
How many do ya recommend. Not get muscle? Ive only been doing push ups for a week and Ive noticed my arms are getting bigger. How many should I do. I dont really care about strenght that much I just want to get cut. Im cut already but how many push ups would ya recommend
well the routine youre doing is fit for endurance, not to get a cut look..

to get a cut look, do 3 sets of 20 pushups. dont pump them out. go as slow as you possibly can. you shouldnt be able to do more then 20 if youre doing them slow as hell and in proper form. focus on what muscle youre trying to work out.

you need weights to get cut, doing the pushup routine i suggest will be better then the one youre doing but try to get some free weights
 11 years ago '05        #5
jash62 
space
space
$2,016 | Props total: 0 0
do curls, if you are trying to get your arms cut, that the easiest way; i always remember: do curls for the girls lol
 11 years ago '05        #6
E-Towns_finests 4 heat pts
space
space
$186 | Props total: 3 3
it`s ok.but don`t expect your muscles to grow or get stronger. You only train the conditioning of your arms and chest muscles with that many reps
 11 years ago '04        #7
Fameus 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 945 945
Ask Herschel Walker .
 11 years ago '04        #8
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,277 | Props total: 36 36
If you can do it as easily then you increase the number of reps. When a person starts to weight train, lets saying bencing like 200 pounds, after a while of working with that weight it almost becomes nothing because their strenght has increased and adapted to weight. So depending on the person, If they choose to get strenght and mass, they will increase the weight by 10 pounds or untill they feel comfortable.

I say you should increase your reps by 10-15 push ups and then trying doing 50 reps, you'll see a difference. Wont be as easy no more because it will take more strenght and stamina to do so.
 07-19-2005, 09:46 AM         #9
thaawater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont see how push ups dont increase your power and make your arms/chest bigger at lower reps.

if your 170lbs ex.your pushing upper body weight
so how does that only effect endurance?

my arms have increased as well as my chest this past month from doing push ups every night
 11 years ago '04        #10
mef31 
space
space
space
$209 | Props total: 0 0
Doing alot of pushups will get you cut lean muscle but you won't get really big. You should try doing 100 reps instead of 50 and taking breaks. When I played highschool in football (im in college now) my first year I couldn't bench alot but there were a few kids who could do 100 pushups and we stronger. I think pushups are more fun..more variety of ways to do them so if you just wanna get cut keep doing them. It also helps quickness cause your arms don't get to big but they are still strong(think bruce lee) and you'll save money by not having to go to the gym.
 07-20-2005, 04:47 AM         #11
Hookz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do Some Chair Push Ups.
Get 3 Chairs, Two In the Front, One In The Back.
Do 2 Sets Of 10 Reps On Them.
But Go Slow.
 07-20-2005, 08:25 AM         #12
HardWhite 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do about 500 everyday for 6 months to a year, eat right, and i bet u get right.... but u gotta eat right, lots of proteins, and u gotta eat after u workout to feed the muscles
 07-20-2005, 03:23 PM         #13
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 30 1 3rd D said:
to get a cut look, do 3 sets of 20 pushups. dont pump them out. go as slow as you possibly can. you shouldnt be able to do more then 20 if youre doing them slow as hell and in proper form.
Nah... More time under tension will provide pretty much the same results as hundreds of reps as far as muscle growth goes... It'll toast your CNS more, but not cause much more growth... The lack of resistance is still there...

thaawater said:
i dont see how push ups dont increase your power and make your arms/chest bigger at lower reps.

if your 170lbs ex.your pushing upper body weight
so how does that only effect endurance?

my arms have increased as well as my chest this past month from doing push ups every night
The reason hundreds of push-ups won't build much size is because the resistance is too low... Low reistance means slow-twitch fibers are recruited and slow-twitch fibers have VERY LITTLE growth potential...

A push up only has you pressing about 45-55% of your bodyweight (I had a calculation for this, but can't remember it)... If I did that at 170, I'd be pushing 85 pounds... In comparison, I'm now doing 220 for 6-8 reps on the bench... Which do you think is better for muscle growth...?

The reasons for your growth from push-ups every night is 1) that you've prolly not been lifting for long, which means you'll put on muscle doing pretty much anything and 2) cus you're pumped pretty much all day... Your muscles haven't really grown that much, they're just filled wit blood a lot of the time...

As far as the original question, no, 300 push-ups is no equivalent to weightlifting... You need progressively higher resistance for serious growth... Lift weights...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
84 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Stephen Hawking Just Issued a Chilling Warning to Scientists Searchin..
192 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
41 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cartoons That End So Unexpectedly It Will Make You Laugh
69 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
47 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Fūck a hooters!
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
180 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 24 - Trump threatens to bring Bill's past sidepiece to the debate ..
39 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy