Jul 15 - Em retiring?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chanel west coast tho
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Need To Know Her Name
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sean Kingston Files 900K Dollar Lawsuit After Chain Snatching Leaves H..
48 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8257 pageviews
145 comments

marshall law 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,405 | Props total: 55 55
Jul 15 - Em retiring?

Don't think this has been posted on here yet (I apologize if it has):

DETROIT (Reuters) - Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said on Friday.

Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on Sept. 17, the Free Press said.

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums.

But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career."

Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Free Press said the rapper, who has sold more than $1 billion worth of records, has grown weary of the media spotlight and may be musically spent.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem," one insider was quoted as saying. "The idea that he intended this ("Encore") to be his last record is something that everyone on the inside circle has known for a while."

Another source said "Encore," which was released last year, had been an especially difficult record for the artist to make. "Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."

The cover shot on "Encore" shows Mathers taking a bow, and its closing song is entitled "Curtains Down."

In the album's liner notes, and in his current concert tour, Mathers has also played up the figurative death of Eminem.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby," Mathers says in one video," after pulling the trigger of a pistol that misfires on himself.

[pic - click to view]

http://news.yahoo.com/new .. sure_eminem_dc

It's a shame this horrible album might be his last, but oh well....

145 comments for "Jul 15 - Em retiring?"

11 years ago '04        #2
dblocklox 
space
space
space
$668 | Props total: 0 0
ahh its just one article... props but i doubt thats his last... too much money out there for him to just produce... his albums sell to much
 11 years ago '05        #3
DwRecKeR77053 
space
space
$1,537 | Props total: 0 0
Not surprised..if it comes to pass, I kind of saw it coming anyway. oh well.....
d12 can hang it up too

Last edited by DwRecKeR77053; 07-15-2005 at 12:29 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #4
cnice 
space
space
$1,246 | Props total: 0 0
doubt it ... but u never know
 07-15-2005, 12:34 PM         #5
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May i be the 1st to say i don't give a damn..... He's a joke n e way....
 11 years ago '04        #6
unknownloser 
space
space
$675 | Props total: 0 0
They deleted my post from this morning, (forgot to cut and paste the article) but here is the front page of the Detroit Free Press. They dedicated the front page, and most of Section A of the paper, to this article.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by unknownloser; 07-15-2005 at 12:38 PM..
 07-15-2005, 12:39 PM         #7
SkoolYard Bully 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he'll be back with a new record like jay *yawn*
 07-15-2005, 12:42 PM         #8
No Joke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just like hov... ^^ my thoughts exactly. he'll b slippin crack to the mixtape scene for a while.. as for him being a joke... hardy har.. i disagree.
 11 years ago '04        #9
peto 
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 5 5
Man, I hope this isn't his last album because it wasen't up to par at all. Didn't he say The Eminem Show was going to be his last album?, hopefully it's just to hype his next one. Plus, I don't like him as a producer.
 07-15-2005, 01:09 PM         #10
cinquet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What happen to the funeral its supposed to be a double disc, that was supposed to be his last album
 07-15-2005, 01:13 PM         #11
WePoFoSho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That's what i was gonna say. this could just be a segway into another persona. cuz remember he was supposed to have a song called the death of eminem with 3 different versions. (i think one with dre one with obie and one with 50) and then he was gonna start a new persona. Paul did say that he said all he could say as eminem.
 11 years ago '04        #12
choob 
space
space
$2,592 | Props total: 0 0
leaving wit last album encore? thats horrible...
but i know he aint gonna do that......got something up his sleeve like everyone else........like it aint obvious

btw his beats are garbage juice plus tax
 11 years ago '04        #13
illsoul440 
space
space
$2,812 | Props total: 881 881
he has the brain to make up another characther, look what he did with "rabbit" both in the movie and in the soundtrack.. like i said in a different post earlier..hes a genius..
 11 years ago '04        #14
lildee24 
space
space
$1,216 | Props total: 0 0
word...
 07-15-2005, 01:29 PM         #15
BigSimon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
marshal mathers was his very best music to date
 11 years ago '05        #16
backMJPIP2333 
space
space
space
$10,105 | Props total: 0 0
he cant go out on Encore
 07-15-2005, 01:51 PM         #17
STaRTRaKcLoNe3D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 backMJPIP2333 said:
he cant go out on Encore
was thinking the same thing.

I was hopin he put out @ least one more album, to shut all these dudes up that thought he was wack because of his half-assed effort on "Encore."

And he should give something up, I think it should be producing.

He has a much brighter future as a rapper, as opposed to producing. He's too hit or miss to be a full-time producer.
 11 years ago '04        #18
S1xth 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,722 | Props total: 57 57
i did notice they said he said all he can say AS eminem..doesnt mean he wont come back after "the funeral" with a new moniker
 07-15-2005, 03:25 PM         #19
Lesane 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is just for publicity stunt for the upcoming greatest hits album The Funeral... hes k!lling off his Eminem alter ego, startin over again...
 07-15-2005, 03:28 PM         #20
MACKaveli 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem,"
this is the perfect setup for "The Funeral" where hell come up wit some new fu*ked up caracter
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Stitches still talkin bout "a fair one" wit game
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
650 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
141 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
91 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BAPE x Adidas NMD Release Date
45 comments
1 day ago