How do you feel about a suburban rapper

most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Game & Meek End Their Beef As Game Shows Support For Meeks New Puma Sn..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Has Gordon Hayward been on that offseason HGH cycle? (pic)
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Pepe the Frog Meme Has Been Declared a Hate Symbol
58 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11 years ago '04        #21
Skilllz 
space
space
$6,714 | Props total: 391 391
As long as you don't FRONT.. and have tight lyrics & beats.. you're fu*king good.
 11 years ago '04        #22
graydome 
space
space
$4,825 | Props total: 0 0
make sure you rap about being a Gangster, shooting people, selling crack, pimpin b*tches and doin time... then just maybe I'll feel you
 07-11-2005, 03:46 AM         #23
DJT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sherrythg said:
just spit the truth of being a suburban kid dont try to spit like your from the hood when your not cuz suburban kids buy albums and the fact is ppl from the hood will never feel the suburban and vice versa u cant do anything about it just be yourself.
^yep... but remember MC Paul Barman...
 07-11-2005, 03:59 AM         #24
Hookz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
J-Dub Int Got sh*t With A Label, fu*k Outta Hear.
"ooo im from the suburbs, will ghetto people accept me"
stfu and handle your buisness.

Trillville
Royce Da 5'9"

All From The Burbs, Allot Of Other Rappers Are Too.
Aint Nobody Give A sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #25
f0twenty|M 
space
space
$1,693 | Props total: 0 0
Hahah...this kid got me laughin..I'm white...I'm 22...and I've been recording for 2 years...and some kid with a weak rhyme scheme is gonna get signed to Atlantic? Yaaa...and my name is Apathy by the way..and I hide behind a screenname on Boxden? Kid..get the fu*k outta here....
 07-11-2005, 05:19 AM         #26
Graphic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 j-dub said:
thats from like a year ago i didnt finish all of my second verse yet so thats all i have y u have to hate dude with olivia on ur aviator go listin to twist it bi*ch

[pic - click to view]

its ok

we all know u mad
 07-11-2005, 07:06 AM         #27
Djlexbubbles 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u can't be a rapper now unless u from the hood?half the n*ggas out ain't even from the hood...gimmie a break with "The Hood"
 11 years ago '04        #28
BackBlock_OG 32 heat pts32
space
space
$6,786 | Props total: 357 357
Well I'm from the hood, and I'll tell you this. Don't try to relate to us, cause no matter what, heads in the hood are not gonna put you in their top 5. Being a white kid in the burbs, you're not experiencing what we go through on the daily. So no matter how hard you spit, you'll never be able to move us; only entertain us like Eminem. So if that's ok with you, I say go for it, but don't be having dreams like you're gonna be the next Paul Wall and black people from the hood are just gonna be respecting you like that, cause that ain't reality. Paul Wall has a lot of k!llers on the payroll that won't hesitate to clip his a.ss if he doesn't produce the full amount. Don't be fooled my all that MTV sh*t, this rap life will put you in a lot of situations where it doesn't benefit to be a white kid from the suburbs. And if you avoid those situations, you won't gain the street cred that you're lookin for. I don't want to deter your dreams, but pay close attention to what you're getting yourself into, and make sure it's the right thing for you. BTW, in contrast to what dude said earlier, Eminem doesn't have street cred.

Last edited by BackBlock_OG; 07-11-2005 at 09:42 AM..
 07-11-2005, 09:33 AM         #29
dub-u $ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How do i feel about suburban rappers? Ice Cube ain't bad.
Anyway "when will the soliders come home/ need a new place to roam/but the chance of that is when u look at medusa you turn to stone/" :thumbsdow
 11 years ago '05        #30
Obloquy 
space
space
space
$702 | Props total: 0 0
slug? is that you?
 07-11-2005, 09:42 AM         #31
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe he might be the next vanilla ice.........
 07-11-2005, 09:43 AM         #32
Lungs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but here's the real issue at hand here:

rap audiences will "allow" a black rapper really from the suburbs to discuss hood issues...they will be willing to suspend their disbelief for the sake of entertainment. Issues of race have alot of to do with this....there is the underlying a.ssumption by mainstream audiences that if you're black, you *could* have grown up in the hood, and thus are "o.k." to talk about hood subject matter. As mentioned already, black rappers actually from the suburbs have made it big by "acting" hood.

As a white person, you won't be extended the same freedom...you will automatically be questioned if you try to portray yourself as something else.
 11 years ago '05        #33
Obloquy 
space
space
space
say it more concisely:

white's respond to negative black stereotypes that emerge from disenfranchisement, poverty and a stunted street counter-culture-

most rap right now markets itself on the authenticity of being negative black stereotypes-

whites can't play that role because no matter how falsely negative they are, they can never be black and therefore not "fit" completely.

Oh, and rap fans are morons and everyone's racist so this all works out in the end.

*- oh, and it's kind of funny that your post basically is saying that rap audiences are unfair to whites who want to play pretend like the suburban blacks do. "Can't a n*gga have anything?"

Last edited by Obloquy; 07-11-2005 at 09:52 AM..
 07-11-2005, 10:43 AM         #34
Lungs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Obloquy said:

*- oh, and it's kind of funny that your post basically is saying that rap audiences are unfair to whites who want to play pretend like the suburban blacks do. "Can't a n*gga have anything?"
absolutely untrue, that's you spinning my post. What I said is the bottom line...someone could (wrongly) interpret it the way that you suggest, but I certainly wasn't...
 11 years ago '05        #35
Obloquy 
space
space
space
okay.
 11 years ago '05        #36
j-dub 
space
space
$431 | Props total: 87 87
I dont care if you guys dont feel my rhymes or think their weak or whatever. Im still speakin the truth about them talkin a contract. Maybe they just like my voice. I dont know but they liked it and called my buddy. lil bow wow got signed from basically gettin hooked up by snoop I know a hook up and that is why. If I didnt know one nobody would give a sh*t then. Also I thought some of these people were from the hood and I wanted to see their opinion on what they felt about it. But I mostly got computer geeks hating on me.
 07-11-2005, 11:19 AM         #37
leather face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^well, your boy isnt snoop, and really i didnt see that much talent in those lyrics...metaphores are kind of weak, and it'd sound better to throw some multis in there...
 11 years ago '05        #38
FR33YAY0 
space
space
space
$334 | Props total: 0 0
 awall said:
its all good as long as u dont say n*gga like eminem.
Eminem never said n*gga! your a moron!
 07-11-2005, 11:30 AM         #39
DaMassacre 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i don't think he's gone to make it...
 11 years ago '05        #40
j-dub 
space
space
$431 | Props total: 87 87
That is when I first started writing a year ago so I didnt know bar form or multiple rhymes in a bar or anything like that. Now I usually do multies and better metaphores.
Do you think when a&r's heard pretty ricky or ying yang twins they felt their lyrics I doubt it. Im also only 16 so I got lots of room to improve. Also when people buy albums now they hardly look for lyrics anymore thats just how it is now
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
109 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
No Man’s Sky is being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority
43 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
118 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
40 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Meek Mill - DC4 (Official Anticipation / Discussion)
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
646 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor Sons Jeremy Stephens
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Views from a 6ix-year-old's Drake-themed party
50 comments
2 days ago