most viewed right now
Meek just dropped one of the verses of the year :mjcry:
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside wwf legend gail kim
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
6515 pageviews
19 comments

Sk9 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,314 | Props total: 344 344
Can I gain 6 lbs a month??

Is it possible to healthily gain 6 pounds a month?? I feel that I am very under weight due to my rediculous metabolism and I really want to gain 30-35 lbs. by the end of the year... It doesn't need to be 100% muscles gains because I'm not worried about being completely ripped right now... I just want to put on some weight and be healthy...

19 comments for "Can I gain 6 lbs a month??"

11 years ago '05        #2
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,917 | Props total: 285 285
 Sk9 said:
Is it possible to healthily gain 6 pounds a month?? I feel that I am very under weight due to my rediculous metabolism and I really want to gain 30-35 lbs. by the end of the year... It doesn't need to be 100% muscles gains because I'm not worried about being completely ripped right now... I just want to put on some weight and be healthy...

Yes sir..Its very possible.. I gain 15 ibs in 3 weeks, it was hard work but i did it...I never ate alot..but i had to, to bulk up just right when you work out..
 07-10-2005, 10:33 PM         #3
thaawater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
15lb in 3 weeks??

u had to eat houses
 11 years ago '04        #4
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,167 | Props total: 0 0
of lean muscle?.. naw..

but of fat.. yes..
 11 years ago '98        #5
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$29,987 | Props total: 561 561
I think reasonable amount of muscle gain over a week is something like 1-1.5 lbs for a mesomorph (someone put puts on muscle easy, has a muscular frame) and maybe some drugs on the side. Thats lean... of course, I put on 15 lbs a month for like 3 months straight in 2003, but most of it was fat.
 11 years ago '05        #6
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
 thaawater said:
15lb in 3 weeks??

u had to eat houses

Nope Whey protein shakes 3 times a day...work out heavy..2 body muscles in upper body and lower body every day except the weekend.

went from 170 to 185...yes sir now.. im back at 180 now though...gottin lazy but still working out thoroughly though
 11 years ago '04        #7
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,522 | Props total: 1088 1088
 DymeKatcha said:
Nope Whey protein shakes 3 times a day...work out heavy..2 body muscles in upper body and lower body every day except the weekend.

went from 170 to 185...yes sir now.. im back at 180 now though...gottin lazy but still working out thoroughly though
were you new to lifting????
 11 years ago '05        #8
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
 bibbyboi said:
were you new to lifting????

Im I knew..hehe naw man...Lmfao I play football dawg...it was the off season..so I wanted to try something... different..I weighted 170 solid muscle...I lifted all the time..But I ran into a trainer that taught me another way of working out...and we had a bet that he wouldn't be able to put 15 lbs on me in 3 weeks.we bet a $50 and he won the bet and prove me wrong like a bi*ch i was amaze...
 11 years ago '04        #9
deonald 
space
space
space
$195 | Props total: 0 0
yeah the best way to gain weight fast is by using whey protein i went from 173 to 180 in two weeks and i only drink whey protein twice a day but i have real intense workouts
 07-11-2005, 12:11 PM         #10
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DymeKatcha said:
tsk tsk.....dont do what this guy did and workout upper and lower body everyday. make a workout schedule like Monday - back and shoulders, Tuesday - chest and arms etc etc and stick to it. but dont do your workout routine the same way all the time. like on tuesday dont work out your chest and then arms. switch it back and forth arms/chest, chest/arms. if you work out the same way all the time your muscles get use to the routine and makes your workouts less effective.

a workout routine that im trying and its been goin good is this. when you do a workout put it to the most weight that will allow you to do 6-8 reps, 3 sets. this helps add mass/muscle to you. i've gone from 175 -> 195 doing this routine.
 11 years ago '05        #11
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
tsk tsk.....dont do what this guy did and workout upper and lower body everyday. make a workout schedule like Monday - back and shoulders, Tuesday - chest and arms etc etc and stick to it. but dont do your workout routine the same way all the time. like on tuesday dont work out your chest and then arms. switch it back and forth arms/chest, chest/arms. if you work out the same way all the time your muscles get use to the routine and makes your workouts less effective.

a workout routine that im trying and its been goin good is this. when you do a workout put it to the most weight that will allow you to do 6-8 reps, 3 sets. this helps add mass/muscle to you. i've gone from 175 -> 195 doing this routine.

Lol at you I was saying one muscle in the upper body and one muscle group in the lower body, and who said I did the same routine...I didn't specify anything...and you are telling him to do a workout routine you made up..isn't that same thing u told him about not following me...I do the same routine you do..I wasn't saying 2 upper body workouts the same day..lmao..be easy kid.
 07-11-2005, 03:21 PM         #12
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ronnie said:
I think reasonable amount of muscle gain over a week is something like 1-1.5 lbs for a mesomorph (someone put puts on muscle easy, has a muscular frame) and maybe some drugs on the side.
Take away the drugs on the side, and I think even that is a lot... That's 50-75 pounds of lean muscle in one year... I just don't see that being done naturally...

Of course, if you fu*k wit your hormone levels, anything goes...

6 pounds in a month shouldn't be a problem... just eat enough (and then some) and lift heavy and you won't have any trouble...

15 pounds in 3 weeks is possible too, but that was mostly fat... I'd hate to eat what you ate in that period...
 07-11-2005, 03:50 PM         #13
EnCorE_SuRpReME 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
7,000 cals a day should do the trick... watch that MTV True Life sh*t.. the newest 1
 07-11-2005, 04:37 PM         #14
thaawater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DymeKatcha said:

i got that pro lab -n-LARGE whey protein

is it any good?

its 104 grams of protein per serving
 07-11-2005, 04:56 PM         #15
13-yearz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
from may 17th to july 5th, i gained 15 poundz, and its not fat. i just ate like 3 egg sandwichs a day, ate pasta like i came straight out of italy, and my home-made "weight gainer shakes" :D i would drink 3 at a time, that would make up for a meal and a half, or maybe more. i went from 105-120.
note: i am only 14, and i just began lifting, in the beginning of june.
 11 years ago '04        #16
Sk9 2 heat pts
space
space
space
Ah'ight cool... Now can someone help me put together a workout?? I've read that since I'm a hardgainer trying to gain weight, that I need to shock my muscles... How exactly do I do this?? I've read in certain places you should only do 3 sets of 6 reps and a heavy weight, but I've also read I should do 5 sets of 8 reps... I've tried to workout on my own before, but I was completely clueless on how to approach everything thing so I crashed and burned... I'm completely new to weight-lifting and was hoping is y'all could help point in the right direction on how to get started...
 11 years ago '04        #17
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
this should be very simple...... :

Workout

Bench : 4-5 sets of 10,8,6,4,2

Squat : 4-5 sets of 12,10,8,6,6

If you wanna do power cleans, do 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 6

Those are core workouts. For other "complementary" workouts just do like 2 to 3 sets of 10, 8, and 6. Remember to leave a day off, Wednesday is recommended. Also, do weight that you can handle, don't put 225lbs on bench if you know that you can barely do 135lbs. Also, most people don't like doing powerclean or hang cleans because they're hard as hell but it works your body fully, even your abs. Give it a try!
 07-12-2005, 10:20 AM         #18
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 13-yearz said:
from may 17th to july 5th, i gained 15 poundz, and its not fat. i just ate like 3 egg sandwichs a day, ate pasta like i came straight out of italy, and my home-made "weight gainer shakes" :D i would drink 3 at a time, that would make up for a meal and a half, or maybe more. i went from 105-120.
Sure it was fat... That's 2 pounds a week, obviously it's not all muscle...

Either way Sk9, a starter workout should base itself around basic mass building core movements... The Bench Press, Squat and Deadlift should be at the center of one day each, then you fill in additional exercises later... Say you split your workout like this:

Monday: Chest / Biceps / Abs (Bench press, Incline bench, Decline Bench, Barbell Curls, Dumbbell Curls, Crunches, Reverse Crunches)

Wednesday: Legs / Shoulders (Squats, Calf Raises, Straight-Legged Deadlifts, Leg Press, Military Press, Upright Rows)

Friday: Back / Triceps / Neck (Deadlift, Pull-Ups, Barbell Rows, Dips, Skullcrushers, Shrugs, Jaster Shrugs)

Just basic sh*t... How many sets you do is determined by your recovery speed, which varies from person to person, but I suggest you don't do more than 10 sets total for any single large muscle (i.e Chest, Quads) and no more than 6 for smaller muscles (like Biceps, Triceps)... Then you can try increasing or lowering the total volume as you get more familiar wit how your body responds to the training...

Stick wit heavy weights that you can only lift for 4-8 reps wit good form to activate muscle fibers wit lots of growth potential...

Now, if you're completely new to weightlifting, how do you know you're a hardgainer...?
 11 years ago '04        #19
Sk9 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 Daddy's Home... said:
Sure it was fat... That's 2 pounds a week, obviously it's not all muscle...

Either way Sk9, a starter workout should base itself around basic mass building core movements... The Bench Press, Squat and Deadlift should be at the center of one day each, then you fill in additional exercises later... Say you split your workout like this:

Monday: Chest / Biceps / Abs (Bench press, Incline bench, Decline Bench, Barbell Curls, Dumbbell Curls, Crunches, Reverse Crunches)

Wednesday: Legs / Shoulders (Squats, Calf Raises, Straight-Legged Deadlifts, Leg Press, Military Press, Upright Rows)

Friday: Back / Triceps / Neck (Deadlift, Pull-Ups, Barbell Rows, Dips, Skullcrushers, Shrugs, Jaster Shrugs)

Just basic sh*t... How many sets you do is determined by your recovery speed, which varies from person to person, but I suggest you don't do more than 10 sets total for any single large muscle (i.e Chest, Quads) and no more than 6 for smaller muscles (like Biceps, Triceps)... Then you can try increasing or lowering the total volume as you get more familiar wit how your body responds to the training...

Stick wit heavy weights that you can only lift for 4-8 reps wit good form to activate muscle fibers wit lots of growth potential...

Now, if you're completely new to weightlifting, how do you know you're a hardgainer...?
I've read a few weight-lifting magazines from when I was trying to get into it a while back and they defined a hardgainer as someone with a very high metabolism and has a hard time gaining weight... From your reaction, I'm guessing I'm wrong??
 07-12-2005, 04:42 PM         #20
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Basically, you won't know whether you're a hardgainer or not till you been lifting for a minute... Obviously, there are certain traits that are typical for different body types and if you're a skinny cat wit high metabolism and long, slender arms and legs you're prolly Ectomorphic, which is often referred to as 'hardgainers'... You could still posess several MESOmorphic traits tho, which will make the whole ordeal of packing on muscle a lot easier... Point being, you can't know for sure till you have SOME experience...

It's not really that important tho... The basics of weightlifting are the same... Ectomorphs just have to eat more (LOTS of protein) and carefully watch their volume so they don't overtrain, whereas Mesomorphs can do pretty much whatever they feel like and still get bigger (like my man Freed who gets giant lats from doing dips!!!)... I'm 100% ectomorph myself... It just means you gotta be ready to work harder than others...

So yea, don't worry bout all that complicated stuff for now... Just get the diet on point and start lifting heavy-ass weights, monitoring results as you go along...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside sarah macdonald
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
126 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
235 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
239 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2K17 AI Double Team Cheese Out of Control?
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
165 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy