Scarface (1983)

most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Today's world summed up in one picture
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
128 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think?
1 - Definite 'Do Not See' 22 2.44%
2 - Was disappointed 15 1.66%
3 - Thought it was okay 64 7.10%
4 - Enjoyed it; will cop the DVD 103 11.42%
5 - Amazing 698 77.38%
Voters: 902. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-29-2006, 10:59 PM         #361
NyczMostWnted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this movie is the best and will forever b know
 08-06-2006, 12:34 AM         #362
ALLSCREWEDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Scarface is classic
 08-06-2006, 04:16 PM         #363
Tha Evil X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
best movie
 08-07-2006, 01:24 AM         #364
unclepufhy19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This Filmz Too Cold Itz Grimey
 10 years ago '05        #365
kernel610 
space
space
$345 | Props total: 0 0
hahaha. what were u guys thinking this movie was gonna get from people when this was posted? a 1/5? haha. I knew the poll results before even opening the thread
 08-20-2006, 08:11 PM         #366
williestubbs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fly pelican, Fly!
 08-20-2006, 09:11 PM         #367
Hoodzlegend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one of the best movies ever
 10 years ago '04        #368
daboahmiz 
space
space
$1,506 | Props total: 63 63
no question, my favorite movie of all time.......
 08-25-2006, 02:54 AM         #369
rick32-99 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great movie!
 10 years ago '06        #370
bking14 
space
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
The hood appreciates this learning tool!!
 08-30-2006, 11:26 PM         #371
Mr.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u already know
 09-18-2006, 10:42 AM         #372
teebugs07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you are not a true hustler until you have seen this movie.
 09-24-2006, 01:27 PM         #373
D@MN JOKeR 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was going to post this at another board but it's down at the moment. But then I saw this thread. What a coincidence!

I was just thinking about it and the reason why people consider it the "best ever" and "overrated". I personally think it's overrated but in the sense that's it's often misunderstood. Don't get me wrong, it's a great film, but it seems like a few people that praise the film get the wrong idea of what it was about. But then again it could just be the way I interpret it. I don't view the film as a rags to riches to tale. It's about the consequences of greed, selfishness, and the lack of humbleness. All of the characters who died are the ones who bit off more than they could chew. Those who wanted more. The people who leapt without looking. Tony especially, who lost everything he owned, including his beloved sister. Whom he loves so dearly and did everything he could protect her. He ends up losing her because of his own stubborness

Some view the "bad guy" speech as some sort of truth. At one point he says "you all don't have to guts to be what you want to be." That is true in a sense. But these are the ones who know their limitations. Those who aren't as ungrateful as Tony was. Tony was very ungrateful. Thinking back to when he had a job, it wasn't paying much, but it could have led to something more if he used his brain the RIGHT way. Instead he quit his job and went for the big money. (Big man? You wanna make big bucks?). For what reason? "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women." Shallow thoughts from a shallow man. But then again, we do need the bad guy. But not only is he the "bad guy", he is a fool. So wrapped in his own world that he doesn't realize that

Scarface is not an admirable story. Tony Montana is not an admirable person. The very point of the film is saying don't bite off more than you can chew. Realize your limitations. Be humble and thankful of what you have. "The World Is Yours" a statement of irony. It's not to be taken in the literal sense. Yes, Tony Montana came up from nothing and earned his riches. But let's not forget how he came up. Let's not forget what causes his demise. His own selfish greed. People that often misinterpret it are the ones who like to forget he dies at the end. Which is completely blowing off the entire film. Don't write off what this film is about, that's not very fair

Either way, I do enjoy this film alot. And I've watched it alot as well. It's a great and enjoyable film. The writing is excellent. The way it carries on, from the first to the very last scene is almost perfect. It has everything a film needs and it's my favorite of it's genre

Last edited by D@MN JOKeR; 09-24-2006 at 01:29 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #374
iceman58796 
space
space
space
$490 | Props total: 0 0
 D@MN JOKeR said:
I was going to post this at another board but it's down at the moment. But then I saw this thread. What a coincidence!

I was just thinking about it and the reason why people consider it the "best ever" and "overrated". I personally think it's overrated but in the sense that's it's often misunderstood. Don't get me wrong, it's a great film, but it seems like a few people that praise the film get the wrong idea of what it was about. But then again it could just be the way I interpret it. I don't view the film as a rags to riches to tale. It's about the consequences of greed, selfishness, and the lack of humbleness. All of the characters who died are the ones who bit off more than they could chew. Those who wanted more. The people who leapt without looking. Tony especially, who lost everything he owned, including his beloved sister. Whom he loves so dearly and did everything he could protect her. He ends up losing her because of his own stubborness

Some view the "bad guy" speech as some sort of truth. At one point he says "you all don't have to guts to be what you want to be." That is true in a sense. But these are the ones who know their limitations. Those who aren't as ungrateful as Tony was. Tony was very ungrateful. Thinking back to when he had a job, it wasn't paying much, but it could have led to something more if he used his brain the RIGHT way. Instead he quit his job and went for the big money. (Big man? You wanna make big bucks?). For what reason? "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women." Shallow thoughts from a shallow man. But then again, we do need the bad guy. But not only is he the "bad guy", he is a fool. So wrapped in his own world that he doesn't realize that

Scarface is not an admirable story. Tony Montana is not an admirable person. The very point of the film is saying don't bite off more than you can chew. Realize your limitations. Be humble and thankful of what you have. "The World Is Yours" a statement of irony. It's not to be taken in the literal sense. Yes, Tony Montana came up from nothing and earned his riches. But let's not forget how he came up. Let's not forget what causes his demise. His own selfish greed. People that often misinterpret it are the ones who like to forget he dies at the end. Which is completely blowing off the entire film. Don't write off what this film is about, that's not very fair

Either way, I do enjoy this film alot. And I've watched it alot as well. It's a great and enjoyable film. The writing is excellent. The way it carries on, from the first to the very last scene is almost perfect. It has everything a film needs and it's my favorite of it's genre
i agree that what you believe the movie is trying to say is actually what the movie is trying to say, but i dont agree with what the movie is trying to say. if that makes sense. realise your limitations? what kind of moral is that. i mean, yes don't bite off more than you can chew. but there is no limitation to what one can do when you set your mind to it. how do you know what your limitations are if your never try to go further? what people believe are their limitations is the reason many people never achieve their potential. if you want something, go for it. this is not greed. maybe in tony montana's case, but the moral is supposed to be applied to everyday people in everyday situations. if everyone was humble and simply was thankful for what they had, this world wouldn't be the place it is with some of the people there are.
 10-02-2006, 05:30 AM         #375
jaffacakes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
top film
 10 years ago '04        #376
iceman58796 
space
space
space
$490 | Props total: 0 0
 jaffacakes said:
top film
thats a little excessive...
 10-13-2006, 11:06 AM         #377
Kon Vert 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Classic, nothing else to say
 10-17-2006, 11:05 PM         #378
caba2fast4u 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no doubt a great movie everyone should see it at least once
 11-04-2006, 03:32 PM         #379
paco981192 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is one of my old time favorite movies
 11-07-2006, 07:43 PM         #380
Ca$ino86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd give it a 4 out of 5, was disappointed how Tony turned out in the end and the conclusion, overall its one of my favorite gangster flicks though
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Faith Evan breaking the internet
107 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
99 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
175 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
105 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
55 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy