How long are you supposed to work out regularly?

most viewed right now
 230
Image(s) inside ITS BEEF YALL: Bow Wow BANGING ON CO STAR From ROLL BOUNCE & LOTTERY T..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 110
Video inside Woman Befriends The Man Who Shot Her In The Face When He Was 13!
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 93
Image(s) inside Covfefe
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 72
Video inside Lil B JUMPED by A Boogie & PNB Rock Crew at Rolling Loud says they stol..
328 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 07-06-2005, 09:59 PM         #1
9964 pageviews
16 comments


Lester 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How long are you supposed to work out regularly?
 

 
i say 30 mins is enough

16 comments for "How long are you supposed to work out regularly?"

 12 years ago '98        #2
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$30,142 | Props total: 3197 3197
yea, and the max is 45 min before your body starts producing cortisol (Stress hormone) that ends up breaking down your muscle while youre still working out. Although, I can never get myself to leave the gym after 45 min. I always end up staying for about an hour and a half to 2 hours.
 07-06-2005, 10:37 PM         #3
aNGeLBaBie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Half an hour should be efficient...
 12 years ago '04        #4
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,111 | Props total: 2072 2072
about an hour....
 07-06-2005, 10:50 PM         #5
Nightmar3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well i'm in the marines and our minimum standards are 3 hours a week. Thats pretty good considering what exercises you do. Keeps me in good shape anyway
 07-06-2005, 10:51 PM         #6
Flipstylez  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we'll i do every second day 2 hours
 07-06-2005, 11:36 PM         #7
tha_new_guy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I do an hour 6 days a week, I think you gotta work alot longer than 30 minutes depending on what you want. 30 minutes may be enough if you're just trying to stay "fit". If you're going for "strong" or "ripped", then 30 minutes is a warmup...

If you're a female, then 30 minutes is acceptable, i wish more females would work out 30 minutes a day...haha.
 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM         #8
Daddy's Home...  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tha_new_guy said:
I think you gotta work alot longer than 30 minutes depending on what you want. 30 minutes may be enough if you're just trying to stay "fit". If you're going for "strong" or "ripped", then 30 minutes is a warmup...
Nah... If you're effective and don't waste your time flexing and chatting, you can get a great, heavy and intense workout done in 45 minutes... This is of course a.ssuming that you're only working on or two muscle groups at a time and that you're at the gym 3-5 days a week...

AFTER the 45 minutes of heavy work, your concentration drops drastically (less intensity) and the cortisol released requires that you feed your body nutrients DURING your workout to maximise performance...

I always try to get out in 45-60 mins, depending on which bodypart I'm working...


Last edited by Daddy's Home...; 07-07-2005 at 02:13 PM..
 07-07-2005, 06:32 PM         #9
hoopmaster223  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got 50 minutes
30 mins of full body workout
then run job for 20 straight minutes
 12 years ago '05        #10
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,513 | Props total: 204 204
wow....i usually go for 2 hours.....weight lift for a hour and cardio for a hour...
 07-07-2005, 07:33 PM         #11
tha_new_guy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy's Home... said:
Nah... If you're effective and don't waste your time flexing and chatting, you can get a great, heavy and intense workout done in 45 minutes... This is of course a.ssuming that you're only working on or two muscle groups at a time and that you're at the gym 3-5 days a week...

AFTER the 45 minutes of heavy work, your concentration drops drastically (less intensity) and the cortisol released requires that you feed your body nutrients DURING your workout to maximise performance...

I always try to get out in 45-60 mins, depending on which bodypart I'm working...
I wish my wrestling practices only went for 45-60 minutes....we usually received an hour tops of instruction and over 2 hours of intense cardio per day, not to talk about training you were exppected to do on your own time. I think my coach would laugh at me, then tell me to run a mile if I said an optimum workout can be obtained in 45 minutes...

My REAL workout begins after I'm tired.
 12 years ago '04        #12
Burym3ag 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$783 | Props total: 296 296
i usually stick aaround for a good hour
 12 years ago '04        #13
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,104 | Props total: 565 565
 ronnie said:
yea, and the max is 45 min before your body starts producing cortisol (Stress hormone) that ends up breaking down your muscle while youre still working out. Although, I can never get myself to leave the gym after 45 min. I always end up staying for about an hour and a half to 2 hours.
I'm not saying what you say if false, but do you have any proof behind your statement?

Ball/Drills for like 2+ hours in the afternoon. Everyday.
Weights for 1 n a half hours in the evening. Every second day.
Ball/Run again for however long I feel like. Whenever I feel like.
Abs before I get ready to sleep. 6 days a week.
 12 years ago '05        #14
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,128 | Props total: 912 912
I work out of alot, and I'm a swole a.ss dude..and i'm natural, no steroids or anything. I'll say u should work out between 1 hour and 2 hours a day on a different body area a day. You should also take protein shakes so your muscles will heal quicker doing your workout. Another thing if you don't wake up sore the next day or in a couple of days you really haven't work your muscles out well enough. If you have anyother questions holla at me.. ~DymeKatcha~ Out
 07-08-2005, 02:09 PM         #15
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
About an Hour and if the caf. pill is really working, ill be an hour +
 07-10-2005, 11:21 AM         #16
Daddy's Home...  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tha_new_guy said:
we usually received an hour tops of instruction and over 2 hours of intense cardio per day,

(...)

My REAL workout begins after I'm tired.
First of all, cardio and weightlifting workouts can't be compared... Cardio doesn't tax your muscles the way resistance training does and won't have the same side effects...

Secondly, no it doesn't... Your workout loses focus and purpose when you're tired... You should always increase intensity, yes, but there's no point in doing that when you're not in an optimal state...
 07-10-2005, 11:25 AM         #17
Daddy's Home...  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tha_new_guy said:
we usually received an hour tops of instruction and over 2 hours of intense cardio per day,

(...)

My REAL workout begins after I'm tired.
First of all, cardio and weightlifting workouts can't be compared... Cardio doesn't tax your muscles the way resistance training does and won't have the same side effects...

Secondly, no it doesn't... Your workout loses focus and purpose when you're tired... You should always increase intensity, yes, but there's no point in doing that when you're not in an optimal state...

 enetblazin4eva said:
I'm not saying what you say if false, but do you have any proof behind your statement?

Ball/Drills for like 2+ hours in the afternoon. Everyday.
Weights for 1 n a half hours in the evening. Every second day.
Ball/Run again for however long I feel like. Whenever I feel like.
Abs before I get ready to sleep. 6 days a week.
Well, cortisol IS released after approximately 45 minutes of resistance training and mental focus IS lowered the longer you go at it... This is science...

Ball/Drills is not resistance training, therefore, it will not affect your muscles in the same way as resistance training...

Weights for 1,5 hours every other day... You'd be better off doing 45 minutes every day... More intense, more focused, more anabolic, yet the same volume...

Ball/ Run again, see Ball/Drills...

Abs 6 days a week is pointless... they should be worked like any other muscle, heavy resistance training in the 4-10 rep range 1-2 times a week... Thousands of crunches every day will NOT promote growth in your abs...
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 44
Video inside Chinese Scientists Just Figured Out a Way to Feed More Than 200 Million..
25 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 28
NBA ZO: I had to stunt on my haters
100 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Atlanta Rapper NoPlug Arrested on Drug Trafficking & Gang Charges?
51 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Oct 21 - Gold Star Widow Releases Trumpís Call After Husband Was Killed In Afg..
139 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Damon Waynes is one of the Illest in Hollywood🎬🎬🎬
64 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 21
which countries use the most cocaine
83 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside hov told biggie to respond to hit em up
245 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside Gucci Mane's Brother Upset That He & His Mother Were Not Invited To The..
113 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy