How long are you supposed to work out regularly?

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
62 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dat d-thang
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
83 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Need To Know Her Name
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-06-2005, 09:59 PM         #1
9236 pageviews
16 comments

Lester 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How long are you supposed to work out regularly?

i say 30 mins is enough

16 comments for "How long are you supposed to work out regularly?"

11 years ago '98        #2
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$29,986 | Props total: 560 560
yea, and the max is 45 min before your body starts producing cortisol (Stress hormone) that ends up breaking down your muscle while youre still working out. Although, I can never get myself to leave the gym after 45 min. I always end up staying for about an hour and a half to 2 hours.
 11 years ago '05        #3
aNGeLBaBie 
space
space
space
$834 | Props total: 0 0
Half an hour should be efficient...
 11 years ago '04        #4
bibbyboi 24 heat pts24
space
space
$10,520 | Props total: 1083 1083
about an hour....
 07-06-2005, 10:50 PM         #5
Nightmar3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Well i'm in the marines and our minimum standards are 3 hours a week. Thats pretty good considering what exercises you do. Keeps me in good shape anyway
 07-06-2005, 10:51 PM         #6
Flipstylez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we'll i do every second day 2 hours
 07-06-2005, 11:36 PM         #7
tha_new_guy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I do an hour 6 days a week, I think you gotta work alot longer than 30 minutes depending on what you want. 30 minutes may be enough if you're just trying to stay "fit". If you're going for "strong" or "ripped", then 30 minutes is a warmup...

If you're a female, then 30 minutes is acceptable, i wish more females would work out 30 minutes a day...haha.
 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM         #8
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tha_new_guy said:
I think you gotta work alot longer than 30 minutes depending on what you want. 30 minutes may be enough if you're just trying to stay "fit". If you're going for "strong" or "ripped", then 30 minutes is a warmup...
Nah... If you're effective and don't waste your time flexing and chatting, you can get a great, heavy and intense workout done in 45 minutes... This is of course a.ssuming that you're only working on or two muscle groups at a time and that you're at the gym 3-5 days a week...

AFTER the 45 minutes of heavy work, your concentration drops drastically (less intensity) and the cortisol released requires that you feed your body nutrients DURING your workout to maximise performance...

I always try to get out in 45-60 mins, depending on which bodypart I'm working...

Last edited by Daddy's Home...; 07-07-2005 at 02:13 PM..
 07-07-2005, 06:32 PM         #9
hoopmaster223 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got 50 minutes
30 mins of full body workout
then run job for 20 straight minutes
 11 years ago '05        #10
Bea5T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,497 | Props total: 68 68
wow....i usually go for 2 hours.....weight lift for a hour and cardio for a hour...
 07-07-2005, 07:33 PM         #11
tha_new_guy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Daddy's Home... said:
Nah... If you're effective and don't waste your time flexing and chatting, you can get a great, heavy and intense workout done in 45 minutes... This is of course a.ssuming that you're only working on or two muscle groups at a time and that you're at the gym 3-5 days a week...

AFTER the 45 minutes of heavy work, your concentration drops drastically (less intensity) and the cortisol released requires that you feed your body nutrients DURING your workout to maximise performance...

I always try to get out in 45-60 mins, depending on which bodypart I'm working...
I wish my wrestling practices only went for 45-60 minutes....we usually received an hour tops of instruction and over 2 hours of intense cardio per day, not to talk about training you were exppected to do on your own time. I think my coach would laugh at me, then tell me to run a mile if I said an optimum workout can be obtained in 45 minutes...

My REAL workout begins after I'm tired.
 11 years ago '04        #12
Burym3ag 1 heat pts
space
space
$708 | Props total: 78 78
i usually stick aaround for a good hour
 11 years ago '04        #13
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,898 | Props total: 102 102
 ronnie said:
yea, and the max is 45 min before your body starts producing cortisol (Stress hormone) that ends up breaking down your muscle while youre still working out. Although, I can never get myself to leave the gym after 45 min. I always end up staying for about an hour and a half to 2 hours.
I'm not saying what you say if false, but do you have any proof behind your statement?

Ball/Drills for like 2+ hours in the afternoon. Everyday.
Weights for 1 n a half hours in the evening. Every second day.
Ball/Run again for however long I feel like. Whenever I feel like.
Abs before I get ready to sleep. 6 days a week.
 11 years ago '05        #14
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,917 | Props total: 285 285
I work out of alot, and I'm a swole a.ss dude..and i'm natural, no steroids or anything. I'll say u should work out between 1 hour and 2 hours a day on a different body area a day. You should also take protein shakes so your muscles will heal quicker doing your workout. Another thing if you don't wake up sore the next day or in a couple of days you really haven't work your muscles out well enough. If you have anyother questions holla at me.. ~DymeKatcha~ Out
 07-08-2005, 02:09 PM         #15
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
About an Hour and if the caf. pill is really working, ill be an hour +
 07-10-2005, 11:21 AM         #16
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tha_new_guy said:
we usually received an hour tops of instruction and over 2 hours of intense cardio per day,

(...)

First of all, cardio and weightlifting workouts can't be compared... Cardio doesn't tax your muscles the way resistance training does and won't have the same side effects...

Secondly, no it doesn't... Your workout loses focus and purpose when you're tired... You should always increase intensity, yes, but there's no point in doing that when you're not in an optimal state...
 07-10-2005, 11:25 AM         #17
Daddy's Home... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tha_new_guy said:
we usually received an hour tops of instruction and over 2 hours of intense cardio per day,

(...)

First of all, cardio and weightlifting workouts can't be compared... Cardio doesn't tax your muscles the way resistance training does and won't have the same side effects...

Secondly, no it doesn't... Your workout loses focus and purpose when you're tired... You should always increase intensity, yes, but there's no point in doing that when you're not in an optimal state...

enetblazin4eva said:
I'm not saying what you say if false, but do you have any proof behind your statement?

Ball/Drills for like 2+ hours in the afternoon. Everyday.
Weights for 1 n a half hours in the evening. Every second day.
Ball/Run again for however long I feel like. Whenever I feel like.
Abs before I get ready to sleep. 6 days a week.
Well, cortisol IS released after approximately 45 minutes of resistance training and mental focus IS lowered the longer you go at it... This is science...

Ball/Drills is not resistance training, therefore, it will not affect your muscles in the same way as resistance training...

Weights for 1,5 hours every other day... You'd be better off doing 45 minutes every day... More intense, more focused, more anabolic, yet the same volume...

Ball/ Run again, see Ball/Drills...

Abs 6 days a week is pointless... they should be worked like any other muscle, heavy resistance training in the 4-10 rep range 1-2 times a week... Thousands of crunches every day will NOT promote growth in your abs...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
40 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor Sons Jeremy Stephens
70 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
650 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Do You Think Your Smart Enough To Solve This Puzzle( Probably Not)
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside I can vouch for this. The game is this bad, no joke. One of the WORST P..
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy