Hip Hop facts and events most ya'll don't know about

most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
493 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA I ain't know Shaq and Bill Walton had beef like this.
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 50Cent sends CRYPTIC MESSAGE 2 MEEK MILL, telling MEEK 2 PAY GAME L.A T..
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Big Fase 100 (Games Brother) Has Warning For Meek Mill on Siccness.net ..
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '13        #1841
Guvnor 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
$41,499 | Props total: 9387 9387
 rashcobar said:
He may of - they use to roll together and then Doom did some shiesty sh*t and they were beefing. The came up with the names around the same time.

During Carey's incarceration, Dumile found success as a solo artist, a.ssuming aliases from Viktor Vaughn to King Geedorah and collaborating with increasingly famous artists. (His next album, slated for release in early 2007, will be a collaboration with Wu-Tang Clan's Ghostface k!llah.) Known for his dense flow and intelligent wordplay, Doom's become a hero or villain to hip-hop heads worldwide. His 1999 debut album, Operation: Doomsday, was a big seller by indie standards, and Carey, who, before his incarceration, helped finance the album and supplied samples in his role as executive producer, expected fat royalty checks. More importantly, he and Dumile could resume making groundbreaking music together, now with an audience to receive it.
But it wasn't to be. Dumile had left his friend in his dust. He says they grew apart, but Carey feels betrayed. "I consider him a brother to me, and it shouldn't have gotten to the point where it's at," he says, adding that his visionary former friend has changed. "Sometimes the line of genius and acting crazy is so thin, you might fall over the line and need someone to bring you back."
That figure includes 10,000 or so of an MF Grimm–MF Doom collaboration called Special Herbs and Spices, Volume One, released in 2004 though produced years earlier.
Didn't know Special Herbs came through that label.
he wrote songs for Kool G Rap's classic album 4, 5, 6 and, he says, Dr. Dre's The Chronic, though he's uncredited for his work on the latter
The Chronic tho..wow!
Dumile[Doom] hasn't heard the song, but says he has no time for Carey's issues.
"It's funny, how, once it gets to where the name is getting recognized, everybody want to act like they got a problem with the Villain," he says. "I ain't got no friends. As soon as you think somebody's your friend, that's when you gotta watch out. When you're successful, there's always somebody that's cornering you, somebody that used to be your friend, talking about, 'He did this, he did that.' I open up my home to people, help people, and then motherfu*kers turn around and try to stab me in the back."
Doom ain't lying but he being political with that answer lol.
The mask has metaphorical implications as well, Jane says. Having been scarred by the music industry, Dumile was reinventing himself as someone who wouldn't be played for a fool. "Doom was concerned with making money right now and feeding his family by any means necessary," she says, adding that this differed from Carey's long-term goal of building a black-owned distribution company from the bottom up.
"I got a different agenda," Dumile agrees. "It's about getting money, and that's that. I got children to feed." As for Carey: He "ain't got no kids."
Never knew Doom had a child or a wife
Dumile visited him only once during that stint. Adding insult to injury, upon Carey's 2003 release, Dumile told him that the album deals with Readyrock had fallen through. He'd struck new deals to release Operation: Doomsday and Bl_ck B_st_rds, but they would pay the two men only a fraction of what was guaranteed by the original agreements.
"Dumile promised that he was going to do something to make it right, to get some thing to me," Carey says. "But he never did."
Answers Dumile, "It's funny how motherfu*kers want to complain about how 'The Villain jerked me, and this and that.' I'm like, 'Get a lawyer!' "

Seems to me like Doom is hella Grimey.

Nonetheless, Carey was willing to let bygones be bygones, and he thought Dumile felt the same way when he invited Carey to perform at an MF Doom concert at Times Square club B.B. King's last year.
"I wasn't going to do any more shows," Carey says. "It's a very uncomfortable feeling sitting down and having to rhyme. It's like boxing—you don't want to be a boxer in a wheelchair. You want to stand up and f!ght."
But the chance to be with Dumile was more than he could pass up, and in a video of the concert DVD Carey has, he looks as happy as a kid at his first baseball game. "All the people on the sides know MF Doom is hot, MF Doom is hot, MF Grimm is hot," Carey raps from his chair at the beginning of the show, wearing a heavy sweatshirt and winter cap. "This is my brother, I love him," he adds as the lights are cut and Dumile bounds onto the stage, clad in a Patrick Ewing Knicks jersey and, of course, his silver mask. He continuously shouts out Carey throughout the set, using his other stage names, Jet Jaguar and Grandmaster Grimm.
"It felt good being onstage with him," Carey recalls. "It was good to see him rock. And after that, I thought we would be back to normal. It's apparent that he didn't think so." Carey heard "El Chupa Nibre" shortly thereafter and became convinced that Dumile had fundamentally changed since their days as teenagers on 97th Street. "I think he's caught up in an image he can't escape from. He has to be a villain."
Damn. This interview makes Doom seem kinda fu*ked up but as they say sometimes it's best to never meet your idols. This was a very good read, thanks for sharing this man. I got to check out some of Mf Grimm's music when I have time but by reading it it seems like they came up with the MF together and Doom just flipped his after he left M.I.C to mean Metal Face, instead of Mad Flowz or Mother fu*king.
 2 years ago '13        #1842
Guvnor 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
 Saiyaman said:
I sat and read this whole thing across the span of a few days. Fun read lol

But who has some info on modern people? That sh*t would be really entertaining

Young Thug is a homos3xual. You didn't hear that from me
 2 years ago '14        #1843
Greyjoy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,727 | Props total: 169 169
 Guvnor said:
Young Thug is a homos3xual. You didn't hear that from me

Well these are pretty common but here's a few

Action Bronson was a cook for the Mets

Future's brother told T-Pain "'My brother would never work with you. fu*k you and everything you stand for,'"

Freddie Gibb's dad was a cop

That's as interesting as I can get
 2 years ago '13        #1844
Guvnor 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
 Saiyaman said:

Well these are pretty common but here's a few

Action Bronson was a cook for the Mets

Future's brother told T-Pain "'My brother would never work with you. fu*k you and everything you stand for,'"

Freddie Gibb's dad was a cop

That's as interesting as I can get
Knew that about Bronson via interviews and Gibbs via the song Broken I didn't care about the second one.

Did you know death Row Records used to have a guy signed to them named The Realest who sounded similar to 2pac and he was the reason people said Tupac never died. People believed this cause they heard new songs that sounded like Pac was on them but were recorded after he died. Really they were songs by the realest though

death Row also signed an artist named YGD Top Dogg who sounded like Snoop Dogg

Suge Knight was a black devil if you ask me
 2 years ago '14        #1845
PATHH88 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$135 | Props total: 0 0
 Guvnor said:
Didn't know Special Herbs came through that label.

The Chronic tho..wow!

Doom ain't lying but he being political with that answer lol.

Never knew Doom had a child or a wife

Seems to me like Doom is hella Grimey.

Damn. This interview makes Doom seem kinda fu*ked up but as they say sometimes it's best to never meet your idols. This was a very good read, thanks for sharing this man. I got to check out some of Mf Grimm's music when I have time but by reading it it seems like they came up with the MF together and Doom just flipped his after he left M.I.C to mean Metal Face, instead of Mad Flowz or Mother fu*king.
The MF is short for Monkey Fam, it's origins have something to do with Kurious, Stretch Armstrong, Bobbito, Lord Sear...
 2 years ago '13        #1846
Guvnor 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
 PATHH88 said:
The MF is short for Monkey Fam, it's origins have something to do with Kurious, Stretch Armstrong, Bobbito, Lord Sear...
Oh wow, I heard of Stretch Armstrong and Bobbito but not the other two. Did they give doom that name or something?

Thanks for the info. I used to think it just meant metal face
 2 years ago '14        #1847
PATHH88 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$135 | Props total: 0 0
 Guvnor said:
Oh wow, I heard of Stretch Armstrong and Bobbito but not the other two. Did they give doom that name or something?

Thanks for the info. I used to think it just meant metal face
Kurious Jorge is on Doomsday track called ? and he was first signed to Pete Nice's (3rd Bass) label Hoppoh records and dropped the album "A Constipated Monkey", that is tied in with how they came up with Monkey Fam through Stretch & Bobbito's world famous radio show which Lord Sear was on. Lord Sear was involved with Eminem's world tour for The Eminem Show, think he was the Ring/Circus Announcer and is a legend in the 90's underground scene as are the other names. Grimm was on the Kurious album under his original moniker The Grimm Reaper but, and I'm not 100 on this, but because the Gravediggaz then dropped with one of them called the Grim Reaper he changed it and that was when MF was added and at around that same time DOOM changed from Zev Love X, his name in KMD...
And DOOM, like Grimm, was def doing dirt in the streets so he prob is a grimey person, he was def locked up for a while in Baltimore but not sure of circumstances, plus he been known to send DOOM clones to his shows to perform as him and try to pocket the cash and fu*k the fans over...allegedly lol
 2 years ago '13        #1848
Guvnor 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
 PATHH88 said:
Kurious Jorge is on Doomsday track called ? and he was first signed to Pete Nice's (3rd Bass) label Hoppoh records and dropped the album "A Constipated Monkey", that is tied in with how they came up with Monkey Fam through Stretch & Bobbito's world famous radio show which Lord Sear was on. Lord Sear was involved with Eminem's world tour for The Eminem Show, think he was the Ring/Circus Announcer and is a legend in the 90's underground scene as are the other names. Grimm was on the Kurious album under his original moniker The Grimm Reaper but, and I'm not 100 on this, but because the Gravediggaz then dropped with one of them called the Grim Reaper he changed it and that was when MF was added and at around that same time DOOM changed from Zev Love X, his name in KMD...
And DOOM, like Grimm, was def doing dirt in the streets so he prob is a grimey person, he was def locked up for a while in Baltimore but not sure of circumstances, plus he been known to send DOOM clones to his shows to perform as him and try to pocket the cash and fu*k the fans over...allegedly lol
Damn! Thanks for sharing the history with me bro. I know Doom was homeless at one point but ain't no he was doing dirt and yeah He used to send in imposters at his shows. Doom seems like an a.ss hole man Real Villain!
 2 years ago '08        #1849
Gmengfx 70 heat pts70
space
space
$12,276 | Props total: 255 255
Does anyone know why biggie says

Cause G-E-D, wasn't B-I-G
I got P-A-D, that's why my mom's hate me

one time i heard one where he said PAID..but its always PAD?

7:08

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '11        #1850
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,542 | Props total: 1783 1783
 LBoogie2122 said:

-"The bridge is over" was a Marley Marl beat that Krs One and Scott La Rock found in a studio.

-Paul C was murdered by his wife and his brother
I thought Marley said is was just the stolen Drum sounds ? not the actual beat

You know how many Black dudes were questioned behind Paul C ? fked up
 2 years ago '06        #1851
SmokeyTheBlunt 9 heat pts
space
space
$23,653 | Props total: 7421 7421
 Guvnor said:
Knew that about Bronson via interviews and Gibbs via the song Broken I didn't care about the second one.

Did you know death Row Records used to have a guy signed to them named The Realest who sounded similar to 2pac and he was the reason people said Tupac never died. People believed this cause they heard new songs that sounded like Pac was on them but were recorded after he died. Really they were songs by the realest though

death Row also signed an artist named YGD Top Dogg who sounded like Snoop Dogg

Suge Knight was a black devil if you ask me

it gets even weirder with Tha Realest too.........

dude doesnt just sound like Pac, he hangs out and raps with a lot of Pac's Bay people........

I fu*ked with Top Dogg tho..........

Chronic 2000(Suge hoed dre out the album name and is why chronic 2001 is named what it is despite being released in late 99) and Too Gangsta 4 Radio were fu*king hilarious........both had some bangers too
 2 years ago '13        #1852
Guvnor 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
it gets even weirder with Tha Realest too.........

dude doesnt just sound like Pac, he hangs out and raps with a lot of Pac's Bay people........

I fu*ked with Top Dogg tho..........

Chronic 2000(Suge hoed dre out the album name and is why chronic 2001 is named what it is despite being released in late 99) and Too Gangsta 4 Radio were fu*king hilarious........both had some bangers too
He hung out with a lot Pac's people too? damn! It's funny how life is sometimes I know they must have thought to themselves these two homies sound just a like I wonder how well Pac and Tha Realest actually knew each other.

Also yeah man I forgot about Suge doing that to the chronic follow up, thanks for reminding me about that Like I said Suge is a black devil
 2 years ago '06        #1853
space
space
 Guvnor said:
He hung out with a lot Pac's people too? damn! It's funny how life is sometimes I know they must have thought to themselves these two homies sound just a like I wonder how well Pac and Tha Realest actually knew each other.

Also yeah man I forgot about Suge doing that to the chronic follow up, thanks for reminding me about that Like I said Suge is a black devil
did and still does..........last time I checked he was still in Yukmouth's group The Regime......

to this day I still have zero clue if him and Pac actually knew each other. I remember him popping up a year or two after Pac's death and he was working with all Pac's people........

and talking about Chronic 2000 and Too Gangsta 4 Radio made me go dig them up......the intro off the first 200 disc should be mentioned in the best intros of all time convo....... at Treach insinuating that Pac's alive at the end of the track

and I forgot how great Too Gangsta 4 Radio was.......

Im bout to start a duel appreciation thread for them......
 2 years ago '13        #1854
Guvnor 1093 heat pts1093
space
space
 SmokeyTheBlunt said:
did and still does..........last time I checked he was still in Yukmouth's group The Regime......

to this day I still have zero clue if him and Pac actually knew each other. I remember him popping up a year or two after Pac's death and he was working with all Pac's people........

and talking about Chronic 2000 and Too Gangsta 4 Radio made me go dig them up......the intro off the first 200 disc should be mentioned in the best intros of all time convo....... at Treach insinuating that Pac's alive at the end of the track

and I forgot how great Too Gangsta 4 Radio was.......

Im bout to start a duel appreciation thread for them......
Damn he still does too, that's wild man Those are really his genuine friends.

Also yeah man you should do appreciation thread for those albums. Those albums were something else man
 2 years ago '06        #1855
space
space
 Guvnor said:
Damn he still does too, that's wild man Those are really his genuine friends.

Also yeah man you should do appreciation thread for those albums. Those albums were something else man
its a trip.........

and I just might start that thread.........
 2 years ago '07        #1856
FuckyaBarsNHook 4 heat pts
space
space
$763 | Props total: 119 119
2pac never smashed Faith Evans.

So is this true or not?
 1 year ago '10        #1857
Superboy504 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,855 | Props total: 68 68
good facts
 1 year ago '04        #1858
BryanBabyBubba 
space
space
space
$72 | Props total: 0 0
- There's a documents out which recites a jail call between BG and a friend ( a notorious k!ller in the NO) in which they joke about that time BG got too loaded to go out and k!ll somebody

- BG has heavy ties to telly hankton and the hankton family (google him)

- birdmans nephew "bulletproof" an original member of the hot boys, got k!lled by a.sscociates of another record label, after havin a lil buzz in NO

- shortly after that, their rapper got k!lled

- soulja slim's k!ller lived another 8 years after the k!lling bragging bout it

- soulja slim robbed fans after his show

- soulja slim robbed dope dealers

- turk got a couple bodies on him

- birdman paid 4 alotta hits

- wayne shot himself and claims he got shot sometimes

- bg moved weight
 1 year ago '04        #1859
BryanBabyBubba 
space
space
space
$72 | Props total: 0 0
 Qwes1 said:
I didn't say he was the first,I am saying he is the only one right now signed to Def Jam.
yg is
 11 months ago '15        #1860
Oneiroii 
space
space
$42 | Props total: 3 3
Everything was wild from start to finish
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
190 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
222 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
76 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - Virginia Police Department Popping The Hoods On Cop Cars To Block Das..
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
77 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Jalen Ramsey Won’t Stop Talking: Meet the NFL’s next shutdown corner
73 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Fences Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Denzel Washington Movie
80 comments
1 day ago