online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Hip Hop facts and events most ya'll don't know about

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 year ago '22        #1926
GRADY BABEE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 11540 11 K  Slaps total: 2196 2 K
Kool G Rap left New York for Arizona

Superhead noted that she met G rap in Arizona as a stripper

They developed a relationship but
Says he was very evasive as to why he left New York to come to Arizona

The truth of the matter G rap was running from an alledged pursuit by NYC drug dealer Supreme Magnetic who accused him of snitching on him
+5   

1 year ago '14        #1927
Pilscy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35321 35 K  Slaps total: 5089 5 K
I don’t know how active this thread is but I enjoyed reading the first few pages. I was a youngin 2005/2007 so seeing some of this sh1t is gold

I’ll drop a few I know from this era, some may well known facts

- diddy sent drake the 0 to 100 beat. Drake was suppose to ghost write but ended up taking the beat for himself. This resulted in diddy slapping drake

- Gucci mane was actually a fan of jeezy before the “so icey” track. It was Guccis song and zaytoven brought jeezy to feature on it. The song blew more than they expected and jeezy wanted to use the track for his album. This resulted in issues on who owned the track and resulted in their beef. Later on Gucci went to ki1l pookie loc, an associate of jeezy after a failed robbery. Jeezy put a bounty on Gucci Bart Simpson chain. Gucci went on to diss and brag about that body for years. The song the truth was one of the most nastier diss songs ever.

- fredo santana threatened to ki1l one of the Migos if they kept fu#king with keef.

- Soulja boy and Migos had beef at one point. Both of them released dissed tracks

- Versace was actually soulja boys beat but it was a free beat zaytoven gave him more than likely because he couldn’t pursue any legal action. Search soulja boy “omg pt 2”

- waka and Gucci fell out for money and because Gucci didn’t respect deb (waka mom) because she did bad business. Gucci also adopted that personality and couldn’t do good business

- future wrote Beyoncés “drunk in love” and also had a reference track.

- gunplay from triple Cs (Rick Ross) got his a$s beat from gunit during the Ross and 50 beef.

- during the 50 cent Ross beef, khaled got caught in the cross fire and this resulted in 50 going to khaleds mom job and making a video to show how accessible khaled was.

- ralo was a kingpin and got himself caught thru a dj vlad interview. He basically incriminated himself the whole interview and then the Rico case came for him.

- fetty wap started moving heavy weight after his career started to fall off. He got busted and is now facing serious time.

- (rumored) lil Wayne came to the Bahamas one time and didn’t know Bahamians are some of the most non-star struck people in the world. He dissed the crowd and dudes tried to pull him off the stage to pack him. He never came back to the Bahamas since.

- waka flocka is one of the only rappers who actually walked thru the hood in Nassau with minimum security and not get touched. Most rappers get robbed. He went to some of the grimey spots and shot a video for “grind stunt go hard”

- snoop dogg artist jooba loc got arrested after doing smash and grabs.

- yg and drakeo had real street beef stemming from years of murder and disses. Drakeo kept dissing Red Bull and then the whole Inglewood. He also dissed and mocked YG getting shot in the ass. Drake got stabbed at “once upon a time in LA” concert. He was outnumbered. His brother ralfy the plug and the family is now suing live nation for lack of security

- offset was locked up when migos first came out. At first a lot of people didn’t know it was 3 migos.

- Kodak black walked out of an interview with Ebro and Rosenberg on hot 97 after they asked him about s3xual assault allegations. They tried to change the topic after wards and Kodak asked them “what the fu#k y’all talking bout” … this resulted in Ebro becoming tense and then Kodak asked to change the topic or he would leave. They didn’t so he left.

- young thug was the one to get lil baby out the streets. Lil baby already already had money but he refused to stay out the streets. Young thug paid him to get out the streets.

- young thug and lucci beef stems from a murder of big nut. Big nut put on lucci and thug people was responsible.

- drake fu#ked lil Wayne girl when he went away to rikers

- suge knight is in jail because he ran over a Compton businessman while pulling up to the set of the Nwa movie. He tried to run over bone, a longtime rival band drove over terry carter as well. He’s serving 28 years,

- benzino got caught at a red roof in with his boyfriend that he was trying to cover up but I’m the video you can tell they were sissying around.

- future took a while to get over Ciara, after their break up his style became more emotional and in his videos he got women that resembled ciara

- Kendrick Lamar actually has a lot of blood affiliates and grew up in a blood hood but doesn’t gangbang. Search noisey bumpton

- TDE was the only successful label after deathrow to have bloods and crips on the label.

- Isaiah Rashad pretended to be straight his whole career until a video leaked of him giving a dude top on video

- Bobby shmurda “hot n1gga” was just the cherry on top. The feds was investigating Gs9 for years before he came out and spilled all the tea over a track.

- french Montana, had old cocaine city dvds with 50 cent. These two shared a beef but squashed it. They were beefing mainly because 50 never respected diddy and anyone associated got hit too

1 year ago '04        #1928
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59214 59 K  Slaps total: 8513 8 K
As far as cypress hill b real is half Mexican and half Cuban, Muggs was born Italian American and was adopted by a Norwegian family… Only Sen Dog is full Cuban and his brother was Mellow Man Ace from Miami… not sure who told you other wise…

Last edited by marcchrome; 03-16-2023 at 02:51 AM..
+2   

9 months ago '21        #1929
ImblackuNOT 
Props total: 4681 4 K  Slaps total: 1530 1 K
Jadakiss was supposed go have fan cant deny it beat and "jigga" beat by swizz pots and pans beat creating a$s lmao. Just kidding but serious

8 months ago '13        #1930
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 89948 89 K  Slaps total: 14109 14 K
bump
+1   

7 months ago '13        #1931
Commission  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 143314 143 K  Slaps total: 22971 22 K
Yo
+1   

2 months ago '14        #1932
DJ HiStakes 
Props total: 2301 2 K  Slaps total: 865 865
Story to tell is about Anthony Mason

LBoogie2122 said 🔗
this part of the thread was taken from an old thread @ sohh, i read it a long time ago & this sh1t was so interesting, i had to add it to my favorites :D

if menacesquad is on here, major props

Some of these are rumors, and some are very true

-LL Cool J and Kool Moe Dee came to blows one night backstage.

-Freddie Foxxx put a gun in Benzino's mouth on the Flavor Unit tour bus, because Benzino would not stop talking **** about what a thug he was

-"The bridge is over" was a Marley Marl beat that Krs One and Scott La Rock found in a studio.

-2pac was robbed and shot by some of Supreme's boys.

-"I got a story to tell" was vaguelly based on a real life incident Biggie had when he was slipping pipe to John Starks' woman.

-Paul C was murdered by his wife and his brother.

-Showbiz has almost been sent upstate for attempted murder twice.

-Big Pun hit Jay Z over the head with a bottle in a club.

-Eric. B beat down Large Professor and ran Kool G. Rap out of New York to Arizona after 'G. Rap revealed Large Pro produced most of the beats Eric B was supposed to have done on the Eric B. & Rakim albums and "wanted dead or alive".

-Biz Markie produced most of EPMD's first album.

-Ghostface, Superb and their team beat down and robbed 50 Cent and Tony Yayo after 50's dis tracks.

-Johnny Juice did all Terminator X's cuts on the Public Enemy albums.

Kool Keith met Godfather Don outside some industry event that both of them weren't allowed entry to. They snuck in through a back window and then hung out for the next month or so recording the 'Don produced tracks on "the 4 horsemen" and, of course, all the classic Cenobites tracks.

-Just Ice was a prime suspect in a murder case.

-Just Ice turned up in Queens on Poet's block after the two Rockwell Noel & The Poet tracks dissing Krs One, Red Alert and Ms. Melodie with a shotgun and waited for Poet to come out. Needless to say, Poet stayed in the crib that day.

-DJ Ready Red was kicked out of Geto Boys and shafted by J. Prince because of his lack of melanin.

-Alpo, Fritz, the original 50 Cent from Ft Greene and various other notorious hustlers/ki1lers from the legendary Paid In Full Posse were in the crew shots on "paid in full" and "follow the leader".

-Rakim recorded a dis cut aimed at 'Kane for "let the rhythm hit 'em" and had a verse on the title track itself aimed at him. 'Kane heard about this and called Rakim to squash it and Rakim went on to scrap the track and remove the verse.

-Eric B. did security for Mike Tyson throughout much of the 90's.

-Diamond D and his old late 80's group Ultimate Force with Master Rob recorded a full album with Jazzy Jay which has never been heard.

-A young Fat Joe and his boys Tony Montana(R.I.P) and Charlie Rock L.D were one of the top two crack crews in the Bronx in the mid 80's and bringing in thousands of $$$$ per day.

-Q Tip got fuked up so bad by one of the members of Wrexx N Effect that he lost partial sight in one of his eyes. ****EDIT***^^^^^very true^^^^^

-Nas came incredibly close to being on the Large Pro produced Kool G Rap, Xtra P, Freddie Foxxx and Ant posse cut "money in the bank" as he was always hangin' around Eric B.'s studio but had gone to pick up some weed with a chick so they let the Ant kid on there instead.

- Main Source (sans Large Pro) ran up in the Wild Pitch offices with machetes looking to behe@d MC Serch (then working as an A&R for the label) after a West Coast promotional tour went ****ty. MC Serch got wind that they were coming and escaped by crawling over the partial walls for his office and jetting out the back door.

- Grimm was supposed to be on "Live at the Barbecue" but he was arrested on the way to the studio.
"Ya'll don't write, you pay for airplays and rhymes of the month
A risin' star, I don't respect you cuz I do my own stunts
The rap world is run by morons, dudes who don't get it
that's why I simplify and cater to the dimwitted"

2 months ago '14        #1933
DJ HiStakes 
Props total: 2301 2 K  Slaps total: 865 865
Mase left because of Baby mane and pop Lodi. RIP baby mane...Jim talks about mane on when thugs die on his first album

LBoogie2122 said 🔗
sommore

-Rza and ki1lah Sin and another fam member went to see 50 perform after How To Rob and 50 got wind of them being there and dipped backstage and didn't perform, I have heard this one several times.

-Redman Smacked Prodigy around the time Hell On Earth was out b/c he was dissing Keith and Def Squad.

-A member of Wu got jumped at Suge's club in Las Vegas and Pac didn't like the way it went down and told Suge to squash the beef and he agreed outta respect.

*****EDIT*****I thought it was keith that snuffed P out in front of his people at the Tunnel.(shrugs)

-When Nas came to Boston around 94/95 somebody in RSO Crew (possibly Benzino) walked up to Nas and sonned him by knocking his baseball cap off of his head.

-Freddie Foxxx went to Landspeed records like 200 deep in order to get the money they owed him.

-Kool Herc was shot around 78 or something.

-Grandmaster Caz wrote Rappers Delight.

-Pharrel use to carry records around for Teddy Riley.

-Benzino forced Mays to give him part ownership of the source. There are legends of Benzino and his people tying up Mays in his own closet.

-Benzino actually one of the main reasons why Boston had such a small homicide rate in the late 90's, the Feds put UC's on every block and had a lot crazy ish going on so Benzino got a lot of the heads of the bigger gangs together to unite so that not everyone get locked up. That saw the murder lessen and the Boston police taken credit for "doing away with crime in a big city".

-Freddie Foxxx did put Benzino in check on tour with the Flava Unit. Benzino was acting up and Foxxx pulled something out.

-The entire city of Boston was blacklisted back in the day by the industry due to crowds and Boston rappers and thugs attending shows just to cause problems. Every rapper from Audio Two to Biggie had either a bottle smashed across their head on stage or their show cancelled due to a shooting. To this day very few rappers do shows in the Boston hoods because of it.

-MF Grimm was not only suppose to be on Live at the BBQ, but his joint with Kool G Rap or 4, 5, 6 was suppose to be the lead single but he was arrested again and G Rap went with the joint with Nas.

-Grimm also admitted that he came in third at the World Supremecy battle in 93, losing to SuperNat who won but that he was also involved in a shooting earlier in the day.

-Mf Grimm was held on trial for the murder of a cop.

-Everyone in CashMoney has done at least 2 years in prison I believe.

-A boston beatboxer by the name of A-Train is said to have beaten BizMarkie, Dana Dane, and K-solo in a battle back in 88.

-Jay-z was told by Scarface to change Reasonable Doubt because he actually named names of dealers.

-Fat Joe gave Guru a place to live for awhile.

-Guru didnt leave boston in the best of terms which is why the early of stages of his carrear boston did not play a big part. Gang Starr originally started in Boston and had a few emcees in it. Guru left for NY and took the name without people knowing.

-Rakim was still in high school when paid in full dropped.

-JT the bigga Figga returned Nas chain to him when it got stolen in cali

-suge beating the sh1t out of snoop's/ dre homies cause they were using that phone that harry o had an exclusive phone line... and the dudes saying saying to suge "hey we roll wit dr. dre"! first sign of dre holding no weight

-LL Cool J was cool with Alpo and many other rappers had drug ties then.

-Tupac did have some of his enemies ki1led.

-Eazy-E was from a very middle cla$s family so was Ice cube they weren't thugs

-Some people in Death Row got r@ped in the building.

-Suge doesnt like game because he expose some of Death Row business (stuff about Harry-O) and because he is not really blood.

-The reason Sheek wasn't around much after LOX split from Bad boy cause he was clearing up cases he had.

-The real reason Mase left hip hop & Harlem is because of heavy extortion, not an epiphany from god

2 months ago '13        #1934
uoeno  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 89948 89 K  Slaps total: 14109 14 K
imma go through this
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #1935
jbyudah 
Props total: 7449 7 K  Slaps total: 869 869
 djslodis said 🔗
-B.I.G. had some of his dudes run up in D&D studios and beat down Starang Wondah then had them put the phone to his ear while B.I.G. proceeded to tell him never to fu#k with him again. This was in retaliation for OGC's first video where they had a fake Biggie get beat down.

Starang admitted it on Heltah Skeltah's "I Ain't Havin That"
"like when i was up in D&D i caught 2 or 3 stitches / i was still gettin bi#ches at the tunnel takin pictures"
🔗

emoji

n1ggas really dissed BIG for no reason huh
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props-269
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments