online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Rashida Jones Recalls Up-And-Down Relationship With 2Pac: ‘He Was Family’

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '18        #1
692 page views
11 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x272
Props total: 353162 353 K  Slaps total: 10874 10 K
@ 05:15 AM 07-10-2024 [emoji] Rashida Jones Recalls Up-And-Down Relationship With 2Pac: ‘He Was Family’

"Rashida Jones and her family had a rocky relationship with 2Pac before his untimely death, but she still considers the late rapper as kin.

In a new conversation with The New Yorker published on Sunday (July 7), the talented actress recalled the open letter she’d written to The Source where she went in on Pac after he’d dissed her father in an interview with the magazine.

“All he does is stick his d1ck in white bi#ches and make fu#ked up kids,” Pac said of Quincy Jones at the time.

Then 17, Rashida eloquently tore into Pac in response.

“I do think that anyone who reads this article would be shocked by his ignorance and lack of respect for his people,” she said. “To demean a man like Quincy Jones, a man who came from the ghetto of Chicago and through his talent and perseverance became a living music legend, demeans the whole progress of African Americans.”

She continued, “Where the hell would you be if Black people like him hadn’t paved the way for you to even have the opportunity to express yourself? I don’t see you fighting for you race. In my Opinion, you’re destroying it and sh1tting all over your people.”

Pac started dating her older sister Kidada shortly after the exchange, so things would soon become peaceful between them.

Now over 30 years later, Rashida reflected on the letter and her relationship with 2Pac in a whole new light.

“Furious! So precocious, so self-righteous. Yeah, I was so mad,” she said. “It was a new perspective to me. I kind of understand the nuance more now that I’m older. It just felt like a completely unwarranted attack.”

“It resolved itself really nicely, because when I met him, he immediately apologized to me, immediately apologized to my dad. We sat down and had a really good conversation about it, and then he was family.”

She concluded: “That was an early lesson for me, because I have been self-righteous in my life, and I really have worked hard to stop looking at things in a binary way. We’re so flawed and so complicated.”

In other news, 2Pac’s alleged killer Keefe D (real name Duane Davis) will remain in police custody as he waits for his murder trial to commence in November.

After the former gang member was unable to prove that he gathered his bail money through legitimate means, Judge Carli Kierny denied his release last month. "

https://hiphopdx.com/news .. ationship-2pac

@Adwerdz @Okka @Badnewz100 @NAKHI ALLAH @Sucka Repellent @P DRILLA @akverse47 @EmpTClip @Bklynzfinest @Demencio Benson @BxCastro
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
11 comments

2 weeks ago '24        #2
King Biden 
Props total: 724 724  Slaps total: 85 85
Pac wild those dinner conversations had to be interesting after talking all that sh1t to her Dad and then dating her sister

2 weeks ago '15        #3
Eternal Outlaw 
Props total: 9869 9 K  Slaps total: 425 425

+1   

2 weeks ago '22        #4
TheAntiSimp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 37226 37 K  Slaps total: 22849 22 K
Wasn't she with Diddy like couple months after Pac transitioned

2 weeks ago '23        #5
6months 
Props total: 1980 1 K  Slaps total: 441 441
Chicks are weird.
Man disses your dad and then later on you give him pu$$y.
+6   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
mprnc2000 
Props total: 10756 10 K  Slaps total: 3019 3 K
Well PAC wasn’t lying when he said Quincy only f**k devils. He’s a certified sell out. I just don’t agree with making messed up kids.
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #7
lil thou wow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26054 26 K  Slaps total: 3949 3 K
 6months said
Chicks are weird.
Because she hated that n1gga too 😂😂😂😂
+4   

2 weeks ago '10        #8
ARosary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36996 36 K  Slaps total: 3475 3 K
 Eternal Outlaw said
emoji

emoji
I'm more surprised that's Rashida & she had so much melanin in her skin Then.
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #9
ARosary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36996 36 K  Slaps total: 3475 3 K
I also always forget this really Quincy Jones daughter lol, I keep thinking it's random & how she could've known Pac. It can really be a small world sometimes with minor degrees of separation
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #10
Immersion Vox 
Props total: 25567 25 K  Slaps total: 3199 3 K
 6months said
Chicks are weird.
Its not weird its called growth & change.

You n1ggas are weird for acting like humans should be robots.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #11
Eternal Outlaw 
Props total: 9869 9 K  Slaps total: 425 425
 ARosary said
I'm more surprised that's Rashida & she had so much melanin in her skin Then.
Yeah it's like she go brighter as she got older i was watching the office the other day when she was on the show for a while and she couldn't really tell that was her til i looked at the credits.
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #12
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83082 83 K  Slaps total: 11375 11 K
"All he does is stick his d1ck in white bi#ches and make fu#ked up kids,” Pac said of Quincy Jones at the time.

That was outta pocket for real
emoji
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4816
The Cameraman forgot he was live
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3810
Image(s) inside I asked ChatGPT Kamala or Trump...
123 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3910
Video inside Kai Cenat Preview Drake and Yachty New Single🔥🔥🔥
267 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+217
Video inside Predatory lending 101 peep this!
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish