online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

DJ Clark Kent Allegedly Blocks RBX On Instagram Over Diss Featuring KXNG Crooked

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '24        #1
286 page views
9 comments

West Coast 
Props total: 126 126  Slaps total: 92 92
@ 02:33 PM 07-09-2024 DJ Clark Kent Allegedly Blocks RBX On Instagram Over Diss Featuring KXNG Crooked

https://allhiphop.com/new .. -kxng-crooked/

RBX officially dropped his long awaited album, Hibernation Shivers, on streaming platforms in June—and one particular track apparently ruffled the feathers of a certain Hip-Hop legend.

According to inside sources, DJ Clark Kent has blocked The Chroniccontributor on social media over the diss track “Shivers” featuring KXNG Crooked. The discovery was made after someone tagged DJ Clark Kent in the comments and RBX realized he was unable to access his page.

Evidently, some of the lyrics offended DJ Clark Kent, likely RBX’s verse, “Clowns disrespecting the X, don’t even trip/Let me provide dope for Clark Kent to skip U B#### U/Since u like skippin, W’s up to all my Bloods and Crips.” Featured guest/producer SCCIT’s lines probably didn’t help either: “They pretend like they sittin up on a throne/West Coast haters lookin out for they own/Punk a$s DJ who forgot to put his cape on/Without a place to go since they stopped makin pay phones.”

The discourse between RBX and DJ Clark Kent popped off in 2023 after the latter made some disparaging comments about the former’s contributions to Dr. Dre’s seminal solo album, The Chronic. He’s quoted as saying, “But you gotta have great songs that make that thing happen. If you don’t, you’ll get one song that doesn’t hit properly, you done took yourself out of the classic thing because if you can skip, you ain’t got a classic. That’s why I won’t say The Chronic is a classic. Because I can skip RBX.”

Sources close to RBX’s camp said DJ Clark Kent sent a direct message to RBX shortly after the comments made the rounds, telling him something along the lines of, “It’s not really disrespectful. It’s just my opinion, bro!” RBX laughed it off then came back with “Shivers.”

RBX, who was previously signed to Death Row Records, contributed to six songs on Dr. Dre’s The Chronic in 1992. His deep, commanding voice can be heard on songs such as “High Powered,” “Stranded On Death Row” and “Lyrical Gangbang.” He also received songwriting credits on “Let Me Ride” and several others. But contract disputes and issues with ex-Death Row CEO Suge Knight proved too much to tolerate, and he left in 1994. More than 30 years later, RBX has come to a place of peace with how things unfolded.

“I don’t cry over spilled milk though ’cause I believe in a higher power and everything that was done was done for a reason,” he told AllHipHop in May 2023. “That’s why we still here. And at the end of the day, they might have run out and did this and that, but they can’t take my name and they can’t take my voice. And I still got these pens and pads to write these rhymes and they didn’t write s### for me—I wrote for them.”

But even that relationships has improved. Since then, RBX made an appearance on Tha Dogg Pound’s first Death Row album in 15 years, W.A.W.G. (We All We Got),on the track “Who Da Hardest?” featuring Snoop Dogg, The Lady of Rage and Kurupt, who all contributed to The Chronic. There’s definitely another chapter for RBX—and DJ Clark Kent presumably won’t be a part of it.

YT
+4   

icon
best
icon
worst
9 comments

2 weeks ago '24        #2
West Coast  OP
started here:

emoji

2 weeks ago '04        #3
Cutty Olds 
Props total: 25254 25 K  Slaps total: 2007 2 K
DJ Clark Kent was fu#kin BUGGIN with that bullsh1t take and opinion!’ Hi Powered is still hard as fu#k till this day!
emoji
+6   

2 weeks ago '24        #4
West Coast  OP
 Cutty Olds said
DJ Clark Kent was fu#kin BUGGIN with that bullsh1t take and opinion!’ Hi Powered is still hard as fu#k till this day!
emoji

literally a standout on the album lol
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #5
Mercury 
Props total: 13888 13 K  Slaps total: 665 665
I met DJ Clark Kent before. Ultra cool dude and he is dope at DJing and producing

But he has absolutely the WORST takes when being Interviewed. Consistently bad too. He's like the original Mal
+5   

2 weeks ago '24        #6
West Coast  OP
 Mercury said
I met DJ Clark Kent before. Ultra cool dude and he is dope at DJing and producing

But he has absolutely the WORST takes when being Interviewed. Consistently bad too. He's like the original Mal
where u meet him??

2 weeks ago '18        #7
dacoolestg  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 32401 32 K  Slaps total: 4226 4 K
stop taggin me in RBX threads. didn’t listen to him in the 90s 00s 10s & i know for sure i aint in the 20s

2 weeks ago '17        #8
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 84109 84 K  Slaps total: 34802 34 K
RBX was honestly dope as fu#k. Unique a$s style, and his contribution to The Chronic cannot be understated. fu#k anybody that thinks differently.
+3   

2 weeks ago '24        #9
West Coast  OP
 Obadiah1Verse18 said
RBX was honestly dope as fu#k. Unique a$s style, and his contribution to The Chronic cannot be understated. fu#k anybody that thinks differently.

Facts

what u think of the new album???

2 weeks ago '04        #10
Mercury 
Props total: 13888 13 K  Slaps total: 665 665
 West Coast said
where u meet him??
At a sneaker show in Richmond VA

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2116
Video inside Predatory lending 101 peep this!
96 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+4812
The Cameraman forgot he was live
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jul 23 - Black Lives Matter calls Democrats “party of hypocrites”
90 comments