online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jul 9 - Plane loses wheel on takeoff in LA, marking latest incident for the airline

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '17        #1
540 page views
19 comments

Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 107026 107 K  Slaps total: 9642 9 K
@ 02:17 PM 07-09-2024 [emoji] Jul 9 - Plane loses wheel on takeoff in LA, marking latest incident for the airline

CNN

A United Airlines plane lost a wheel while taking off Monday from Los Angeles International Airport, officials said, marking the latest issue this year for the airline, which was already the focus of a safety review by federal aviation officials.

The Boeing 757-200 that lost its wheel completed its planned flight to Denver, where it safely landed, United said. No injuries were reported on the ground.

Pilots of an Allegiant flight bound for Tulsa, Oklahoma, were the first to be heard on LiveATC.net reporting the wayward wheel as it bounced across runways and taxiways at LAX and radioed in their report to air traffic control.

“A tire came off that 75 that took off, we saw it rolling down past bravo seven, bravo eight,” said the crew of Allegiant 2388.

Other pilots chimed into air traffic control in real-time, with the crew of another flight saying the tire crossed a parallel runway. Another pilot radioed the wheel had finally stopped near the airport’s southwest corner, about three-quarters of a mile from where it was first seen rolling away.

There were 174 customers and seven crewmembers on board, the airline said.

“The wheel has been recovered in Los Angeles, and we are investigating what caused this event,” the airline said in a statement. The Federal Aviation Administration is also investigating.

The incident comes months after another United Airlines flight lost a wheel while taking off from San Francisco International Airport, damaging several cars in a parking lot.

That plane, which was headed for Osaka, Japan, landed safely in Los Angeles, officials said at the time. No injuries were reported.

The incident was one of at least a dozen involving United Airlines flights in March, according to a CNN analysis, prompting CEO Scott Kirby to send a safety message to customers.

At the time, he said the incidents were “unrelated,” but “have our attention and have sharpened our focus.”

That same month, the FAA began a safety review of the airline, according to a memo from United.

“Over the next several weeks, we will begin to see more of an FAA presence in our operation as they begin to review some of our work processes, manuals and facilities,” United said in a memo to employees obtained by CNN. The review means an “even closer look at multiple areas of our operation to ensure we are doing all we can to promote and drive safety compliance.”

In a statement at the time, the FAA said its “safety assurance system routinely monitors all aspects of an airline’s operation. It focuses on an airline’s compliance with applicable regulations; ability to identify hazards, assess and mitigate risk; and effectively manage safety.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/ .. off/index.html
+5   

icon
best
icon
worst
19 comments

2 weeks ago '15        #2
PineappleOG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 67499 67 K  Slaps total: 14344 14 K
Fly airbus
+3   

2 weeks ago '22        #3
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x35
Props total: 66489 66 K  Slaps total: 14954 14 K
Boeing
emoji
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #4
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 52659 52 K  Slaps total: 7153 7 K
Man what the actual fu#k. I dont even think they book Boeings for us at work anymore….
+4   

2 weeks ago '12        #5
nxtiq 
Props total: 7235 7 K  Slaps total: 554 554
Warranties must be up on these sh1ts
emoji
+2   

2 weeks ago '05        #6
Hold That 
Props total: 51371 51 K  Slaps total: 7445 7 K
Is this a Boeing issue? Or is it sh1tty maintenance by their airliner to keep their airplane up and working properly..
+1   

2 weeks ago '22        #7
podcast 
Props total: 2859 2 K  Slaps total: 729 729
 Hold That said
Is this a Boeing issue? Or is it sh1tty maintenance by their airliner to keep their airplane up and working properly..
Airliner

2 weeks ago '06        #8
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 22964 22 K  Slaps total: 896 896
 PineappleOG said
Fly airbus
honestly Airbus just hasnt been caught
+1   

2 weeks ago '21        #9
Swisha2k11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 12828 12 K  Slaps total: 4056 4 K
 Hold That said
United safety-issues have been under federal review for a while now.

Corporations want to maximize profitability;

its probably cheaper to pay the fines (if caught) instead of investing in staff-training and additional manpower.
+4   

2 weeks ago '24        #10
unit301  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 3711 3 K  Slaps total: 974 974
I just fly in whatever. I pick the cheapest flight.
emoji

2 weeks ago '15        #11
lil thou wow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26054 26 K  Slaps total: 3949 3 K
 podcast said
Airliner
Airlines ain’t paying sh1t fr and spreading they workers thin

I worked for Menzies for 1 month them n1ggas expect you to be two places damn near at once

2 weeks ago '23        #12
Yopa 
Props total: 23545 23 K  Slaps total: 9752 9 K
United clearly has bad maintenance & management

2 weeks ago '13        #13
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 30504 30 K  Slaps total: 3403 3 K
I’m thinking somebodies sabotaging at this point..

2 weeks ago '23        #14
ThesOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 15963 15 K  Slaps total: 3202 3 K
 Yopa said
United clearly has bad maintenance & management
emoji

It’s a Boeing aircraft.

I can’t with your posts anymore man.
emoji

2 weeks ago '11        #15
T-800  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 37083 37 K  Slaps total: 2471 2 K
 Voodoopocalypse said
Boeing
emoji
Lol right
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #16
DamianDragunov 
Props total: 85880 85 K  Slaps total: 12061 12 K

+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #17
Hold That 
Props total: 51371 51 K  Slaps total: 7445 7 K
 Swisha2k11 said
United safety-issues have been under federal review for a while now.

Corporations want to maximize profitability;

its probably cheaper to pay the fines (if caught) instead of investing in staff-training and additional manpower.
Exactly because the problem that’s stated in the article with the wheels falling off sounds like lack of maintenance..

Especially if that plane is more than 5 years old or outside of its warranty.

The way workers are these days and how lazy the current workforce generation is, I can almost be certain this is maintenance. But it’s easier for UA to blame Boeing since it’s the easy thing to do right now.

2 weeks ago '08        #18
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 69605 69 K  Slaps total: 4193 4 K
I have had a free United ticket for a year and I just booked a flight to use it before it expires.
emoji

Did fly copa recently which was a decent experience.

2 weeks ago '13        #19
mkhrt92 
Props total: 75295 75 K  Slaps total: 16178 16 K
There were 19,545,563 flights in total THIS WEEK!! There are on average 100,000 flights a DAY!

AND 1 plane, maybe 2 had issues. I get it, it's still an issue but come on. With that many flights and planes, there's bound to be some quality issues. Just pray it ain't yours, or they are not complete crashes.

2 weeks ago '22        #20
Voodoogeddon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 24026 24 K  Slaps total: 7166 7 K

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Video inside Jul 23 - Fox News: Kamala Harris The OG Hawk Tuah Girl
135 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 23 - Elon Musk bans users from following Kamala Harris' Twitter Ac..
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+509
The Cameraman forgot he was live
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+829
Video inside Jul 22 - The insane footage of the murder of Sonia Massey by police off..
839 comments
2 days ago
@news