online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jul 9 - walmart slapped with class action lawsuit over deceptive pricing

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 week ago '09        #1
486 page views
13 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x108
Props total: 315757 315 K  Slaps total: 34294 34 K
@ 01:10 PM 07-09-2024 [emoji] Jul 9 - walmart slapped with class action lawsuit over deceptive pricing

https://www.wfxb.com/2024 .. ptive-pricing/

Walmart is facing a class-action lawsuit over “deceptive” pricing in stores.

The lawsuit claims the retail giant used inaccurate price labels in stores.

The legal challenge alleges that Walmart is conducting a “bait-and-switch” pricing scheme in which purchase prices are higher than those displayed on store shelves.

The lawsuit was filed by an Ohio resident who claims they bought several items and found a 10-15% mark-up above the listed price.

The resident claimed similar price deviations occurred across several states.

Walmart has not yet commented on the allegations
+5   

icon
best
icon
worst
13 comments

1 week ago '12        #2
daman729 
Props total: 169333 169 K  Slaps total: 6796 6 K
Its about time! Walmart always been on some bullsh1t. Labeling items with the wrong fu#kin price. And they're slick with how they do that sh1t too. Thats why they ring sh1t up so fast lol. Even the placement of the screen so you can't really see the price when they ring it.

One time I was gonna buy a basketball and it said $7 on the shelf label. Went up the cashier, and she rang up $15. Told the cashier to keep that sh1t. I couldve paid for it easily. But it was the principle. Went somewhere else and bought one.

emoji
+7   

1 week ago '15        #3
Lord Funkington 
Props total: 29080 29 K  Slaps total: 5944 5 K
I'm assuming this has to do with price adjustments not being labeled correctly. IIRC, they've already been fined multiple times for it.
+3   

1 week ago '23        #4
Yopa 
Props total: 23040 23 K  Slaps total: 9531 9 K
It happened to me , went to buy something & the price labeled was wrong , scanned it & it came up higher . Lady said it was on sale but now it's not . We went back to the self & she removed the price . These companies play dirty games please check your receipts before driving away

Last edited by Yopa; 07-09-2024 at 02:59 PM..
+5   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '18        #5
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 105860 105 K  Slaps total: 11135 11 K
walmart is in the process of putting digital price tags in all its stores and doing demand based pricing with AI.

so turkeys and yams may go up during the holidays. hotdogs, watermelon and ice cream may go up in the summer and near the 4th of july.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #6
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32138 32 K  Slaps total: 1458 1 K
Seems more like the merch team not doing their job on the sales floor and updating the prices at these Walmart locations. I would not say its deceptive, just the prices are not being accurate due to lazy a$s managers not doing their job making sure the merch team updating the prices. The cashiers are suppose to match the price of the items anyway for you if the price was labeled wrong.
+1   

1 week ago '13        #7
PCDubya 
Props total: 16331 16 K  Slaps total: 1712 1 K
New jersey just baned stores from pricing items in misleading ways, pretty much how walmart does.

Walmart by me will have the price per pound sometimes on cereal. It will say 2.39, but that is the price per pound. fu#king box is 1.78 pounds so the it's crazy long to price match while at store
+1   

1 week ago '21        #8
NomadicBe 
Props total: 268 268  Slaps total: 27 27
Hy-vee has a store policy that if the item is labeled wrong you get the first one free and each additional one at the lower price. They rarely have price issues.

1 week ago '04        #9
mack387 
Props total: 4022 4 K  Slaps total: 304 304
 daman729 said
Its about time! Walmart always been on some bullsh1t. Labeling items with the wrong fu#kin price. And they're slick with how they do that sh1t too. Thats why they ring sh1t up so fast lol. Even the placement of the screen so you can't really see the price when they ring it.

One time I was gonna buy a basketball and it said $7 on the shelf label. Went up the cashier, and she rang up $15. Told the cashier to keep that sh1t. I couldve paid for it easily. But it was the principle. Went somewhere else and bought one.

emoji
When something is a steal, take a pic of the shelf price, manager will honor it.

1 week ago '23        #10
smutface 
Props total: 528 528  Slaps total: 98 98
They need to get back to being open 24 hours ain’t been in a Walmart during the day in almost 10 years
+1   

1 week ago '20        #11
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 20668 20 K  Slaps total: 1154 1 K
 shooter said
walmart is in the process of putting digital price tags in all its stores and doing demand based pricing with AI.

so turkeys and yams may go up during the holidays. hotdogs, watermelon and ice cream may go up in the summer and near the 4th of july.
Interesting
emoji

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '18        #12
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 105860 105 K  Slaps total: 11135 11 K
 LordRupertEvert said
Interesting
emoji
c0ndoms $40 at 11pm.
+1   

1 week ago '05        #13
Layziebone7 
Props total: 515 515  Slaps total: 210 210
They also put clearance stickers on items for the same price they were originally.

1 week ago '20        #14
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 20668 20 K  Slaps total: 1154 1 K
 shooter said
c0ndoms $40 at 11pm.
emoji

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 17 - Trump Reaches New Low
93 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+3711
Florida is fu#kED. Houses in suburbs of Gainesville are going for $300k
189 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Busta Rhymes ends up performing in front of empty arena
127 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Inside The Chilling murder Of Grace Millane At The Hands Of Her Tinder..
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish