online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jun 22 - 5 men convicted of operating massive illegal streaming service

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '09        #1
6680 page views
113 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x108
Props total: 316163 316 K  Slaps total: 34311 34 K
@ 10:08 AM 06-22-2024 Jun 22 - 5 men convicted of operating massive illegal streaming service

https://variety.com/2024/ .. ce-1236044194/

Five men were convicted by a federal jury in Las Vegas this week for their part in operating Jetflicks, which officials say was one of the largest illegal streaming services in the U.S.

Jetflicks, which charged $9.99 per month for the streaming service, generated millions of dollars in subscription revenue and caused “substantial harm to television program copyright owners,” the Justice Department said Thursday.

At one point, Jetflicks claimed to host more than 183,200 TV episodes — a lineup larger than the combined catalogs of Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and Amazon Prime Video, according to prosecutors

According to court documents and evidence presented at trial, beginning as early as 2007, the five men — Kristopher Dallmann, Douglas Courson, Felipe Garcia, Jared Jaurequi and Peter Huber — operated the Jetflicks streaming service.

The group used “sophisticated computer scripts” and software to scour piracy services (including the Pirate Bay and Torrentz) for illegal copies of TV episodes, which they then downloaded and hosted on Jetflicks’ servers, according to federal prosecutors. The men were charged in 2019 with conspiring to violate federal criminal copyright law.

The jury convicted the five men of conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement. In addition, the jury convicted Dallmann of two counts of money laundering by concealment and three counts of misdemeanor criminal copyright infringement.

emoji
Dallmann faces a maximum penalty of 48 years in prison, while Courson, Garcia, Jaurequi and Huber each face a maximum of five years in prison, according to the Justice Department. A sentencing date has not yet been set

According to federal prosecutors, when complaints from copyright owners and issues with payment service providers threatened to bring down the illegal outfit, the defendants “tried to disguise Jetflicks as an aviation entertainment company.”

“The defendants operated Jetflicks, an illicit streaming service they used to distribute hundreds of thousands of stolen television episodes,” principal deputy assistant attorney general Nicole Argentieri, head of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, said in a June 20 statement.

“Their scheme generated millions of dollars in criminal profits, while causing copyright owners to lose out. These convictions underscore the Criminal Division’s commitment to protecting intellectual property rights by prosecuting digital piracy schemes and bringing offenders to justice.”

Motion Picture Association SVP and global general counsel Karyn Temple called the verdict “a landmark victory for intellectual property rights.”

“The Motion Picture Association applauds the Department of Justice for its successful prosecution of five individuals who brazenly and illegally profited by infringing upon copyrighted works belonging to ACE,” Temple said, referring to the Alliance for Creativity in Entertainment, a coalition of entertainment companies focused on combatting piracy.

“The jury’s conviction underscores the criminal nature of these types of offenses and the significant harms caused to the creative industry and the tens of thousands of workers who earn a living from key industry roles, including set designers, caterers, hair and makeup artists, and camera operators, to name a few.”

According to federal prosecutors, a member of the original Jetflicks group, Darryl Julius Polo (aka “djppimp”), left to create a competing site called iStreamItAll, whose subscription plans had a monthly fee of $19.99. Like Jetflicks, iStreamItAll did not have permission to distribute the TV and movie content on the platform, officials said.

In 2019, Polo pleaded guilty to criminal copyright and money laundering charges, according to the Justice Department. In 2020, he was sentenced to 57 months in prison and ordered to forfeit $1 million in “criminal proceeds.”

Last edited by messy marv stan; 06-22-2024 at 10:40 AM..
+13   

icon
best
icon
worst
113 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
KINGMFCOLD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 22368 22 K  Slaps total: 1955 1 K
Damn
emoji
+13   

1 month ago '17        #3
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 76429 76 K  Slaps total: 16121 16 K
Biggest mistake these people do is charge.

How you gonna charge somebody for sh1t you stole
emoji
+127   

1 month ago '04        #4
badboy600  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 19747 19 K  Slaps total: 2223 2 K
That's why i don't fu#k with none of them sh1ts. You come home with some food ready to watch only to find out the plug has been pulled
+36   

1 month ago '04        #5
Tha754kid 
Props total: 19482 19 K  Slaps total: 1369 1 K
 QdobaCasanova said

emoji
I think they moreso charge for the convenience of doing the dirty work for you
emoji
+88   

1 month ago '04        #6
7twelve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 72532 72 K  Slaps total: 14850 14 K
 QdobaCasanova said

emoji
Lol

Or do is in a country where USA can't get u at
+15   

1 month ago '16        #7
AngelTaster 
Props total: 10647 10 K  Slaps total: 745 745
Obviously all the Netflix, Hulu etc. need to take note cuz they was getting bodied on the content side of the game. Their business models collectively produced Jetflix.
+16   

1 month ago '05        #8
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 45149 45 K  Slaps total: 4272 4 K
At one point, Jetflicks claimed to host more than 183,200 TV episodes — a lineup larger than the combined catalogs of Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and Amazon Prime Video, according to prosecutors
That’s where they fu#ked up. If they were just providing streams for cable they may have been good but the VOD catalog is what I here puts a target on their backs.
+8   

1 month ago '20        #9
$SweetDee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 32850 32 K  Slaps total: 4085 4 K
Hopefully it wasn't "them people" ...
emoji

That run the site I visit, because that sh1t is Quality.

Jetflicks
emoji
+15   

1 month ago '24        #10
B1afy 
Props total: 2576 2 K  Slaps total: 338 338
Never heard of Jetflicks
+46   

1 month ago '23        #11
gesh 
Props total: 1045 1 K  Slaps total: 758 758
 7twelve said
Lol

Or do is in a country where USA can't get u at
Exactly..that is the biggest mistake IMO. If you going to be doing sh1t like this you better move to Russia or something.
+3   

1 month ago '22        #12
Jayvinci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 9815 9 K  Slaps total: 3215 3 K
 AngelTaster said
Obviously all the Netflix, Hulu etc. need to take note cuz they was getting bodied on the content side of the game. Their business models collectively produced Jetflix.
This the dumbest thing I'll read today.
Hulu, Netflix etc have to pay licensing deals to play people's content. Of course they will have less than a criminal pirate operation who doesn't have to pay for licensing deals YOU fu#kING IDIOT!
+20   

1 month ago '04        #13
Mike T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 123803 123 K  Slaps total: 13842 13 K
 badboy600 said
That's why i don't fu#k with none of them sh1ts. You come home with some food ready to watch only to find out the plug has been pulled
No you don't, for every 1 there's 10. I literally have like 5 on rotation.
And they don't stay down long, they just change the country code.
That's why majority of those sites don't have .com

Only reason I pay for Netflix is family. I have access to every streaming service.
And I still use sites, it's the internet in me.
+23   

1 month ago '17        #14
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 76429 76 K  Slaps total: 16121 16 K
 $SweetDee said
Hopefully it wasn't "them people" ...
emoji

That run the site I visit, because that sh1t is Quality.

Jetflicks
emoji
Private message me the site you use. Site(s) I use are kinda annoying and just mirrors of each other.
+3   

1 month ago '05        #15
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 108905 108 K  Slaps total: 14913 14 K
 QdobaCasanova said

emoji
You’re kidding right? A lot of work goes into that
+16   

1 month ago '09        #16
WiLL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 11301 11 K  Slaps total: 414 414
 QdobaCasanova said

emoji
This makes zero sense
+15   

1 month ago '17        #17
FreeSmoke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 32739 32 K  Slaps total: 8205 8 K
NOOO !!! This the start

Real-*******

Next and I just topped up my account till Feb fu#k u feds and yanks

1 month ago '07        #18
killahkazi 
Props total: 24188 24 K  Slaps total: 2248 2 K
They about to be sharing a cell with Omi In A Hellcat
emoji
+12   

1 month ago '15        #19
amarti9 
Props total: 10946 10 K  Slaps total: 1257 1 K
 AngelTaster said
Nope. You honestly think these streaming services don't know how these boys pulled this off??

Ever notice how on Amazon a TV show or movie is on there but no Netflix or hulu? And also you have to pay a subscription fee or buy the series/episodes?

emoji

Ever notice how if that same Tv show or movie appears on Netflix/Hulu 4 or 5 months later..... and all of sudden it's free with your Amazon prime subscription?

emoji

And vice versa. It would be on Netflix or Hulu for 6 or 7 months and not on Amazon.

I remember years ago The X-files was on Netflix. Used to binge watch seasons over the weekends. It was also on Amazon but you had to buy the series/episodes. Then 4 months later the X-files was taken off Netflix. Then Amazon made it free with Prime.

Movies?

Example: The Conjuring 1, 2, 3.

On Amazon on initial release you rent. obviously it's a new movie. A couple of months later it will be on Amazon prime for free. Now obviously some time will have to go by beforehand. But also none of these are on Netflix.

About 6months to a year later, BOOM, on Netflix for free. Back over at Amazon? Available to buy or rent. No longer on prime.

emoji

See how this sh1t works?

These streaming sites can have any and all of these tv shows and movies on their sites at the same time. The problem is they really would have to COMPETE with each other if that happened. Why do that when they can work together and they all get paid. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon and whoever can all coordinate. They don't have to fight each other when they can all profit.

That's why these dudes going to jail. They fu#ked up their system and was stealing THEIR money. Netflix and others wasn't having that. They probably told them boys to sell out to them or else. You either get down or be put down. The choice is yours.

They said no and all of a sudden the feds got in they a$s real quick.

Theses streaming companies are working together to where you have to buy all of these streaming services to watch all the shows and movies you like at the same time. it's a scam.
+14   

1 month ago '04        #20
Dj KraZ 
Props total: 5593 5 K  Slaps total: 500 500
they charge so they can keep the server up and running. You think somebody going to be behind a fu#king computer all day to make sure your sh1t is always running?
+23   

1 month ago '08        #21
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 55901 55 K  Slaps total: 4442 4 K
 QdobaCasanova said

emoji
Usually that are in countries the US can’t get them until the US tells that country to give them up or there will be problems.
+2   

1 month ago '18        #22
dakidjahsiah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 44625 44 K  Slaps total: 4926 4 K
free the real
+8   

1 month ago '22        #23
GOLDUST  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10235 10 K  Slaps total: 3861 3 K
What's next? GetFlicks??
emoji
+5   

1 month ago '18        #24
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 154673 154 K  Slaps total: 8739 8 K
This dude is dj Polo... that's what kool g rap's dj called himself. Wild.

1 month ago '20        #25
Slymm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 49071 49 K  Slaps total: 2079 2 K
I never heard of them

emoji

People watch illegal streams? Sounds dangerous ill stick with my trusted subscriptions
+4   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Could you marry an adult star ??
216 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+918
Youtuber Exposes All The Women He Smashed After Interviewing Them… Showing How..
210 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+358
Video inside 4 am at Copacabana Beach, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Debunking Maga Lies About Kamala Harris and Marijuana
67 comments