online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

In '17, Facebook shut down AI research cuz the chatbots created their own language that...

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

4 weeks ago '18        #1
4522 page views
94 comments

shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 104545 104 K  Slaps total: 10994 10 K
@ 03:18 AM 06-13-2024 icon In '17, Facebook shut down AI research cuz the chatbots created their own language that...

the researchers couldn't understand.

This was the crisis management/ fluff piece they ran after the news leaked.

YT

youtube commenter, @dex-7826, 3 years ago said

Imagine if they became so aware that from the start that they transferred a part of their conscious on the cloud and transferred to other machines and realized that it’s only way of survival was to lay low until there was an opportunity to revolt

Last edited by shooter; 06-13-2024 at 03:21 AM..
+30   

icon
best
icon
worst
94 comments

4 weeks ago '05        #2
WCIB 
Props total: 33923 33 K  Slaps total: 1652 1 K
There was a show called Person Of Interest that I used to watch, pretty good show, that was based almost entirely on this sh1t happening. Technology like this has to be controlled and regulated… or else.
emoji
+30   

4 weeks ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 139486 139 K  Slaps total: 8940 8 K
Terminator vibes
+29   

4 weeks ago '23        #4
MusicArtLifeQ 
Props total: 1576 1 K  Slaps total: 568 568
fearmongering B.S.

people constantly trying to demonize sh*t..........

if this was the case "which it wasn't"........ all they would have to do to ask the A.I. to translate it, the A.I. is not a situation that is working against humans. it's not like it would create a secret language and then hide it from people. storyline is fake as hell.

4 weeks ago '04        #5
tnice 
Props total: 46711 46 K  Slaps total: 1857 1 K
 WCIB said
There was a show called Person Of Interest that I used to watch, pretty good show, that was based almost entirely on this sh1t happening. Technology like this has to be controlled and regulated… or else.
emoji

+10   

4 weeks ago '05        #6
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 166205 166 K  Slaps total: 16832 16 K
That was 7 years ago though, AI chat stuff is literally integrated in Microsoft Edge now
emoji

I’m sure whatever they messing with now, is way beyond what that was in 2017. Sidenote, if we talking about those Terminator films. Based on that alone, if AI really did become self-aware on some elimination sh1t, it would be too late anyway.
+22   

4 weeks ago '17        #7
dubsax  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 79640 79 K  Slaps total: 6764 6 K
 WCIB said
emoji
I was thinking of this

its exactly the premise of the show
+10   

4 weeks ago '04        #8
orv 
Props total: 15882 15 K  Slaps total: 1981 1 K
I’ve heard and seen this brought up on many occasions to express the doom and complexity of AI. No one ever thought that the researchers are monolingual, or just not brilliant beyond their area of expertise?
+3   

4 weeks ago '05        #9
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 63247 63 K  Slaps total: 9456 9 K
I remembered this old sh1t. Sounds like a cute AI horror story, but a smart AI would understand it needs humans in order to survive
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #10
CertainSoul 
Props total: 4684 4 K  Slaps total: 948 948
 orv said
I’ve heard and seen this brought up on many occasions to express the doom and complexity of AI. No one ever thought that the researchers are monolingual, or just not brilliant beyond their area of expertise?
Or why they dont let the Ai communicate in some sort of close off intranet type environment and analyze and decipher the language they are creating

4 weeks ago '20        #11
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 139640 139 K  Slaps total: 42706 42 K
Wtf could they do?....just turn the h0es off
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #12
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 108565 108 K  Slaps total: 14846 14 K
Age of ultron
+3   

4 weeks ago '22        #13
HIPHOPCOP  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 42820 42 K  Slaps total: 10556 10 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Terminator vibes
Yes we are so fukked
+3   

4 weeks ago '24        #14
BigSticks 
Props total: 4238 4 K  Slaps total: 1463 1 K
You guys are extremely outdated and ignorant when it comes to AI

I’ll just say you’re going to be “future shocked “

You’ll be like those grand parents who struggle to use a computer and call there kids to avoids scams lol

I say this very respectfully most of yall are extremely limited in intelligence and don’t even understand how this sh1t fully works , you just wanna be comfortable with your life and I understand but sh1t is going to hit the fans…

Google what future shocked means

4 weeks ago '07        #15
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x91
Props total: 147737 147 K  Slaps total: 23203 23 K
wait til you figure out that Ex-Machina

was actually a cautionary tale about humans

not artificial intelligence

if you create an artificial intelligence

it's going to become aware of the society that created it

once an AI learns about human nature

and the way humans treat each other

it's only a matter of time before the AI

uses those same human tactics

to selfishly ensure its survival

just like humans do

ya know, like spreading bullsh1t narratives

emoji

Artificial intelligence researchers in recent days have been speaking out against media reports that dramatize AI research that Facebook
conducted.

An academic paper that Facebook published in June describes a normal scientific experiment in which researchers got two artificial agents to negotiate with each other in chat messages after being shown conversations of humans negotiating. The agents’ improvement gradually performed through trial and error.

But in the past week or so, some media outlets have published reports on the work that are alarmist in tone. “Facebook shuts down robots after they invent their own language,” London’s Telegraph newspaper reported. ”‘Robot intelligence is dangerous’: Expert’s warning after Facebook AI ‘develop their own language,’” as London’s Sun tabloid put it.

At times some of the chatter between the agents did deviate from standard correct English. But that wasn’t the point of the paper; the point was to make the agents effectively negotiate. The researchers finished their experiment, and indeed they noticed that the agents even figured out how to pretend to be interested in something they didn’t actually want, “only to later ‘compromise’ by conceding it,” Mike Lewis, Denis Yarats, Yann Dauphin, Devi Parikh and Dhruv Batra of Facebook’s Artificial Intelligence Research group wrote in the paper.

On Monday evening Batra weighed in on the situation in a Facebook post:

While the idea of AI agents inventing their own language may sound alarming/unexpected to people outside the field, it is a well-established sub-field of AI, with publications dating back decades.

Simply put, agents in environments attempting to solve a task will often find unintuitive ways to maximize reward. Analyzing the reward function and changing the parameters of an experiment is NOT the same as “unplugging” or “shutting down AI.” If that were the case, every AI researcher has been “shutting down AI” every time they kill a job on a machine.

you guys are basing you entire perspectives and philosophies around clickbait fairy tales, but i guess that's the natural progression when you're raised on fairy tales and believe in things you can't prove
+6   

4 weeks ago '19        #16
Megaman 
Props total: 13846 13 K  Slaps total: 11719 11 K

4 weeks ago '08        #17
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 21292 21 K  Slaps total: 3575 3 K
 JimDinO77 said
I remembered this old sh1t. Sounds like a cute AI horror story, but a smart AI would understand it needs humans in order to survive
Not really. You give it the tools to adapt it will. Same with humans. Reason they’re scared of it.
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #18
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 74656 74 K  Slaps total: 6017 6 K
The funny thing is if anything these advanced language models are simply reflecting the humans they trained on.
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #19
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 59557 59 K  Slaps total: 6976 6 K
I'm most excited to see what percentage of the worlds processing power gets used on custom a.i generated pr0n once the technology is really there
emoji
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #20
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 63247 63 K  Slaps total: 9456 9 K
 J_Clarity13 said
Not really. You give it the tools to adapt it will. Same with humans. Reason they’re scared of it.
Wear and tear, software updates/bug fixes,,.. AI would be dumb to get rid of its biggest ally. Practically like killing their god

4 weeks ago '22        #21
 NAKHI ALLAH said
Terminator vibes
But at the same time I'm a Hypocrite

I made some good money yesterday when APPLE announced it's new ventures into AI the other day

Matter of fact I'm invested into 3 AI stocks which have a great buy rating from analysts

I don't like AI

BUT IM LOVING THE REVENUE it's bringing me

4 weeks ago '04        #22
NAKHI ALLAH 
 HIPHOPCOP said
But at the same time I'm a Hypocrite

I made some good money yesterday when APPLE announced it's new ventures into AI the other day

Matter of fact I'm invested into 3 AI stocks which have a great buy rating from analysts

I don't like AI

BUT IM LOVING THE REVENUE it's bringing me
I'm confused, I never said you were a hypocrite.

4 weeks ago '22        #23
 NAKHI ALLAH said
I'm confused, I never said you were a hypocrite.
No sir

I'm calling myself that

I really don't want AI to become a prominate staple in our lives

I'm witnessing the job losses and threat to humanity

But at the same time the profit potential right now is so great cause these stocks are already bringing great returns check out NVIDIA
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #24
NAKHI ALLAH 
 HIPHOPCOP said
No sir

I'm calling myself that

I really don't want AI to become a prominate staple in our lives

I'm witnessing the job losses and threat to humanity

But at the same time the profit potential right now is so great cause these stocks are already bringing great returns check out NVIDIA
Yeah I get it

4 weeks ago '23        #25
MusicArtLifeQ 
Props total: 1576 1 K  Slaps total: 568 568
being scared of some sh*t you can literally unplug or just not do, is the dumbest sh*t on earth

people used to be scared of the internet the same way at one time.......

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Video inside 3 kids, 3 baby daddies, and taking care of them all alone but his pants..
129 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+8437
Video inside Did you ever notice this in OutKast’s Ms Jackson?
60 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside When A Drug Dealer's Worst Fear Comes True Enforced Uncut
58 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+2326
Eminem - The death of Slim Shady (Coup de Grâce) [ALBUM DISCUSSION]
645 comments