online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jun 11 - Washington teen returning replica gun to store shot dead by security guard

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '10        #1
3741 page views
87 comments

ColeWorld  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 27846 27 K  Slaps total: 2399 2 K
@ 06:35 PM 06-11-2024 Jun 11 - Washington teen returning replica gun to store shot dead by security guard

Washington teen returning replica gun to store shot dead by security guard

https://www.theguardian.c .. droidApp_Other

A teenager who tried to return a malfunctioning replica gun that shoots plastic projectiles to a sporting goods store in Washington state was shot to death by an off-duty security guard who believed the boy was holding a real gun and planned to rob the business, according to authorities.

The man arrested in the killing, 51-year-old Aaron Myers, told police that he was not working at the time he shot and killed Hazrat Ali Rohani, who was returning a malfunctioning airsoft gun to the Big 5 store in Renton. But he had offered to keep watch due to alleged rising crime in the area.

Investigators said security footage, which has not been publicly released, contradicted Myers’ statements to police, leading to his arrest. Authorities also said Myers is not a law enforcement officer and therefore “has not been trained in how to safely prevent crime” despite his employment as a security guard.

Rohani’s death is the latest in a spate of shootings across the US of people approaching homes or businesses for an innocent reason.

Experts say the US, which has more guns than residents, has a disproportionate number of those shootings because people assume – often incorrectly – they can use firearms with impunity thanks to lax weapons laws and self-defense statutes that are generally permissive.

Myers was allegedly waiting for his son to come out of jiu-jitsu class at the martial arts studio next to Big 5 when three teenagers walked past his car, including one who held an airsoft gun that Myers said appeared to be a Glock pistol.

Police said Myers then pointed the gun issued to him for his security job at the teens and told them to put their hands in the air. Meeghan Black, a Renton police spokesperson, told CBS that the teenagers immediately complied and tried to explain their gun was not real.

But Black said Myers fired several shots after claiming “the confrontation intensified … rapidly”, hitting and killing 17-year-old Rohani.

Police said Myers stood over Rohani and continued to shoot, which he claimed he did because he believed one of the teen’s companions was reaching for a gun in Rohani’s waistband.

A statement from police said King county sheriff’s office deputies were completing a training exercise nearby when they heard the shooting. They tried to provide first aid to Rohani, but he died at the scene, the sheriff’s office said.

The other teens present at the incident told police they were “dealing with functioning issues on the airsoft gun and wanted to take it back” to the store to either return or exchange it, officials said. The teens said they needed help with “a magazine issue [Rohani] was having with the firearm”.

In court documents, King county prosecutor Leesa Manion alleged Myers “took it upon himself to conduct ‘overwatch’ in a Renton parking lot, despite the fact that he is not a member of law enforcement and thus has not been trained in how to safely prevent crime”.

“Rather than calling 911 or waiting for any evidence at all that could confirm or deny his assumption, he claimed he had a ‘duty to intervene’ and did so,” Manion added.

Myers faces two felony counts of second-degree murder and assault. He could received a maximum punishment of life imprisonment if convicted as charged.
+25   

icon
best
icon
worst
87 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 33926 33 K  Slaps total: 2251 2 K
Shot by an "OFF DUTY SECURITY GUARD"
emoji
+79   

1 month ago '19        #3
LetsGetItOn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3168 3 K  Slaps total: 373 373
Prime example of
“you’re not in traffic, you are traffic”

He out there tryna save crime when he’s the criminal.

+42   

1 month ago '15        #4
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 153839 153 K  Slaps total: 8737 8 K
Yoo fu#k him for real. Supposed to be taking care of his own kid and killing another for no reason.
+44   

1 month ago '06        #5
daffysm 
Props total: 9689 9 K  Slaps total: 3930 3 K
sounds like murder
+76   

1 month ago '04        #6
Jaysin_305 
Props total: 3632 3 K  Slaps total: 393 393
Damn
+4   

1 month ago '10        #7
Account001 
Props total: 11010 11 K  Slaps total: 2740 2 K
He should get the death penalty
+36   

1 month ago '17        #8
StandUpFella09 
Props total: 19374 19 K  Slaps total: 2217 2 K
This whole situation fu#kd up.
+15   

1 month ago '05        #9
WCIB 
Props total: 33928 33 K  Slaps total: 1652 1 K
emoji

I really don’t want to watch the footage, but there’s two parts that need to be seen by all, in my opinion: this part
Police said Myers then pointed the gun issued to him for his security job at the teens and told them to put their hands in the air. Meeghan Black, a Renton police spokesperson, told CBS that the teenagers immediately complied and tried to explain their gun was not real.

But Black said Myers fired several shots after claiming “the confrontation intensified … rapidly”, hitting and killing 17-year-old Rohani.
and this part
Police said Myers stood over Rohani and continued to shoot, which he claimed he did because he believed one of the teen’s companions was reaching for a gun in Rohani’s waistband.
They already said the footage showed some different sh1t than what he said, so at this point all I want is for the footage to determine whether or not he gets the death penalty or life.
emoji
+47   

1 month ago '17        #10
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 28915 28 K  Slaps total: 2979 2 K
Stuff like this is why if I ever have a son, he'll be playing with Legos and erector sets and not toy guns.

Whole story makes me think of...

+23   

1 month ago '05        #11
WCIB 
 WHATEVERMAN said
Stuff like this is why if I ever have a son, he'll be playing with Legos and erector sets and not toy guns.

Whole story makes me think of...

emoji
That scene.
emoji

This is my favorite movie of all time. I remember seeing it when I was 6 in the movie theater with my Mom. What I remember is going home and making toy guns with my Legos that my mom bought me
emoji
That’s where it stopped though. She wasn’t having no bullsh1t and made sure I never went too far. Eventually I started building spaceships and sh1t again.

She didn’t even let me and my brother play with Nerf guns and stuff like that. I don’t blame her. I’ll probably do the same.
emoji
+10   

1 month ago '15        #12
whamp 
Props total: 1400 1 K  Slaps total: 69 69
He getting buried, local news reporter I follow said, 6 or 7 shots were in the back and he had similar situation 2 years ago where he saw a kid on a bike and thought he had a gun, called 911 and told em he might need to shoot him, kid had a bike part in his hands
+36   

1 month ago '12        #13
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 236395 236 K  Slaps total: 14227 14 K
Damn a "good guy with a gun" shot a child

Good ol American Gun Culture
+38   

1 month ago '15        #14
Thatdude28 
Props total: 8174 8 K  Slaps total: 794 794
The privilege in Washington is unreal sometimes I consider moving. He’s not the first trigger happy wh… person to do some sh1t like this. Damn shame. RIP to that young man and I hope his family gets justice..
+16   

1 month ago '04        #15
GoAirplane 
Props total: 2305 2 K  Slaps total: 317 317
 OldBusiness said
Damn a "good guy with a gun" shot a child

Good ol American Gun Culture

Cacarot entitlement

Call it for what it is…

+6   

1 month ago '22        #16
SplashGordon520 
Props total: 6540 6 K  Slaps total: 337 337
Stood over him?

Dog if this is my son or nephew
emoji
+32   

1 month ago '17        #17
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 28915 28 K  Slaps total: 2979 2 K
 WCIB said
That scene.
emoji

This is my favorite movie of all time. I remember seeing it when I was 6 in the movie theater with my Mom. What I remember is going home and making toy guns with my Legos that my mom bought me
emoji
That’s where it stopped though. She wasn’t having no bullsh1t and made sure I never went too far. Eventually I started building spaceships and sh1t again.

She didn’t even let me and my brother play with Nerf guns and stuff like that. I don’t blame her. I’ll probably do the same.
emoji
Mom was the same way. Never so much as owned a nerf gun or super soaker in my life (though I always wanted one). Still remember feeling like a square on "wet-n-wild" day at summer day camp when all the other kids had super soakers except my sister and I. Didn't get it back then, but I love her all the more for it now.
+10   

1 month ago '05        #18
WCIB 
 WHATEVERMAN said
Mom was the same way. Never so much as owned a nerf gun or super soaker in my life (though I always wanted one). Still remember feeling like a square on "wet-n-wild" day at summer day camp when all the other kids had super soakers except my sister and I. Didn't get it back then, but I love her all the more for it now.
emoji

We turned out well my G.
emoji

SplashGordon520 said
Stood over him?

Dog if this is my son or nephew
emoji
This is what takes me over the edge too. It’s not just the fact that he believed he had the authority to murder a child, but to stand over him and reenact some fake hero cowboy movie sh1t
emoji
+9   

1 month ago '07        #19
kold107 
Props total: 106 106  Slaps total: 26 26
Only in America

1 month ago '11        #20
SomeOnesoN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 34174 34 K  Slaps total: 5974 5 K
I've always said that gun owners who constantly wish they had a reason to use their firearms, shouldn't be able to own them. Too many people have that "I wish a MF would" mentality.
+28   

1 month ago '18        #21
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 52546 52 K  Slaps total: 7145 7 K
 Tobinmont said
Yoo fu#k him for real. Supposed to be taking care of his own kid and killing another for no reason.
Accidental slap. Dude needs his a$s whooped. Daily. Like the feet and all. For the rest of his days.
Just everyday at 10:30. What a goofy
+3   

1 month ago '22        #22
Deuce2fo1six 
Props total: 9053 9 K  Slaps total: 873 873
Stupid gun happy white people in America be so pressed to validate their gun obsession and shoot somebody

+14   

1 month ago '04        #23
WhoThaFuk 
Props total: 8698 8 K  Slaps total: 627 627
This is some sick sh1t; when you’re paranoid, everyone & everything is a threat. Stood over him and fired 6-7 shots? Nah, he gotta get the fu#k on outta here.
+19   

1 month ago '13        #24
North!!!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 160541 160 K  Slaps total: 14034 14 K
sh1t nasty as hell

Lock that thug up

Came in curious about the race/ethnicity

I presumed the deceased is Brown/South Asian

I be saying 2nd amendment/gun craze isn’t for black people they see us as threats with guns

Looks like that’s the case for other non whites

RIP to the young
+10   

1 month ago '16        #25
BMC1000  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x41
Props total: 111871 111 K  Slaps total: 17979 17 K
Fukk that piece of sh1t

He musta forgot only pigs can get away with those lies
+3   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2340
Eminem - The death of Slim Shady (Coup de Grâce) [ALBUM DISCUSSION]
652 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside don lemon asking candace owens why she uses the 3 letter F word that rh..
73 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 3 kids, 3 baby daddies, and taking care of them all alone but his pants..
136 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+8410
Video inside Did you ever notice this in OutKast’s Ms Jackson?
65 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop