online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jun 11 - Speeding socialite who killed 2 kids after cocktails given 15 to Life

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 days ago '16        #1
2648 page views
63 comments

l3altimore7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 10309 10 K  Slaps total: 814 814
icon Jun 11 - Speeding socialite who killed 2 kids after cocktails given 15 to Life

Rebecca Grossman, a wealthy California socialite & philanthropist, was sentenced Monday to 15 years to life in prison for the deaths of two young brothers in a Los Angeles crosswalk in 2020.

Grossman, 60, was convicted by a jury in February on two counts of murder, vehicular manslaughter and gross negligence in the deaths of Mark Iskander, 11, and Jacob Iskander, 8, and an additional count of hit-and-run driving resulting in death.

Prosecutors had pushed for the maximum sentence of 34 years to life. Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón on Monday said he was “deeply disappointed with the outcome.” Grossman was ordered to pay $47,161.89 in restitution to the victims’ family.

Grossman — who founded the Grossman Burn Foundation with her husband, Peter, a prominent Los Angeles plastic surgeon and burn doctor — maintained throughout the trial and sentencing that she did not see the two boys, who were crossing the street with their parents in a marked crosswalk.

Police alleged in a statement at the time that she was driving at “excessive speeds” through Westlake Village. She continued driving after the crash, they said, eventually stopping about a quarter-mile away.

“This individual showed a complete disregard for the lives and safety of others in our community through her reckless actions, which ultimately shattered a family and robbed two children of their bright futures,” Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Chief Allen Castellano said Monday.

In a pre-sentencing memo, prosecutors had argued for the maximum sentence, accusing Grossman of displaying a “narcissistic superiority” and saying she had neither shown remorse nor accepted responsibility for the crash.

“She has lived a life of privilege and clearly felt that her wealth and notoriety would buy her freedom,” they wrote.

In a letter to the boys’ parents, appended as an exhibit in the prosecution’s sentencing motion, Grossman wrote: “I am so sorry that I was portrayed as a monster to you. I will always remember this life-altering second of my life for the remainder of my life. Every day. I still have nightmares.” She said her previous efforts to express remorse had been “redacted.”

Grossman’s attorney, James Spertus, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

At the trial, prosecutors presented evidence that the data recorder in Grossman’s Mercedes SUV showed she accelerated to 81 mph just seconds before the crash, with her foot pressed to the floor. The speed limit in the residential neighborhood was 45 mph.

Grossman had no previous convictions, but the prosecution sentencing memo noted a number of driving offenses, including speeding offenses, dating to the early 2000s.

During the trial, it was alleged that she drank at least two margaritas and took Valium earlier that day, and experts testified that her mental capacity and physical reactions were probably impaired.

Investigator Michael Hale testified that her SUV struck the boys with the equivalent force of the vehicle being dropped on them from a 12-story height.

Multiple witnesses testified that she drove erratically and at excessive speeds before the crash, including allegedly swerving into the bicycle lane in an attempt to pass a car.

She appeared to be playing “a deadly game of chase” with her boyfriend at the time, the prosecution said.

Grossman was speeding behind a black Mercedes driven by her then-lover, former Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Scott Erickson, when she fatally hit the boys, prosecutors have said. Erickson was not charged.

During trial, lead defense attorney Tony Buzbee repeatedly told jurors that Erickson is responsible for the deaths of the Iskander brothers. He has suggested that the retired baseball player’s high-powered black Mercedes sped through the intersection first, hitting Jacob and tossing him to the curb and slamming into Mark, whose body was thrown high into the air before landing in the path of Grossman’s white Mercedes.

Buzbee has argued that Rebecca Grossman’s vehicle was not the first to strike the boys. He told jurors during opening statements that Erickson lied to authorities the night of the crash when he told them he was driving a 2007 Mercedes SUV.

Peter Grossman testified he had never seen that vehicle outside the second home he shared with his wife when she and Erickson were dating. The doctor instead testified that he saw Erickson’s 2016 Mercedes 63GL AMG outside the Grossmans’ home in Westlake Village on many occasions. The Grossmans’ primary home was in Hidden Hills.

Buzbee has argued that sheriff’s investigators never checked Erickson’s vehicle for damage and said that after the crash, he hid in the bushes near where Rebecca Grossman’s disabled vehicle stopped and watched as investigators took her into custody

“The loss of these two innocent lives has devastated their family and our community. Ms. Grossman’s blatant disregard for human life is a stark reminder of the grave consequences of irresponsible behavior behind the wheel,” Gascón said in a statement.

YT
+22   

icon
best
icon
worst
63 comments

3 days ago '16        #2
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51153 51 K  Slaps total: 5624 5 K
She was an a$$hole for what she said to the kids.

I'd hired someone to watch her parole status forever.

Boyfriend was sitting up there like a coward in the bushes.
+34   

3 days ago '17        #3
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 186697 186 K  Slaps total: 7433 7 K
Zero remorse from her. Read another article that she actually complained that she had been through enough already with the trial and legal issues surrounding her senseless act. They should've buried her a$s for the remainder of her life.
+46   

3 days ago '15        #4
se15tips 
Props total: 22659 22 K  Slaps total: 872 872
That letter she wrote to the parents
emoji

She's not 1 bit sorry

I'd go all Gerald butler

fu#k her & her privilege
+23   

3 days ago '09        #5
TriniSoldier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 132340 132 K  Slaps total: 28914 28 K
Two drinks caused all that??
+12   

3 days ago '15        #6
Hellmatic 
Props total: 100758 100 K  Slaps total: 8668 8 K
sh1t like this is why I give cars the right of way if they seem thirsty to cross even if it's my light. You never know who's drunk or high. These a$$holes will run a red light and run over a pedestrian if they don't get out the way like it's regular sh1t.
+42   

3 days ago '14        #7
Cuttysark 
Props total: 75945 75 K  Slaps total: 5843 5 K
 TriniSoldier said 🔗
Don't forget the Valium
+27   

3 days ago '14        #8
Cuttysark 
Props total: 75945 75 K  Slaps total: 5843 5 K
Tony Buzbee is a terrible lawyer
emoji
+6   

3 days ago '15        #9
jharlem0500  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 25742 25 K  Slaps total: 6229 6 K
 Negusis said 🔗
She was an a$$hole for what she said to the kids.

I'd hired someone to watch her parole status forever.

Boyfriend was sitting up there like a coward in the bushes.
What did she say
+3   

3 days ago '15        #10
Miles Thirst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34080 34 K  Slaps total: 2069 2 K
 Hellmatic said 🔗
sh1t like this is why I give cars the right of way if they seem thirsty to cross even if it's my light. You never know who's drunk or high. These a$$holes will run a red light and run over a pedestrian if they don't get out the way like it's regular sh1t.
Real talk... here in Toronto (or Ontario I guess), if you want to kill someone, the easiest way to do it is if you run them over. The amount of pedestrians killed over the last 5+ years despite the government's insistence of being tougher on reckless and dangerous drivers is a joke.

North America is so fu#king car centric. fu#k the auto industry man.
+12   

3 days ago '17        #11
Nosbig 
Props total: 9909 9 K  Slaps total: 1666 1 K
 Miles Thirst said 🔗
Real talk... here in Toronto (or Ontario I guess), if you want to kill someone, the easiest way to do it is if you run them over. The amount of pedestrians killed over the last 5+ years despite the government's insistence of being tougher on reckless and dangerous drivers is a joke.

That's my move if I gotta kill somewhere here lol stake em out run em over, clean record. Be driving a car again within a year lol GTA insurance premiums might get me tho
+5   

3 days ago '15        #12
Rifle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31292 31 K  Slaps total: 2237 2 K
BX on Henry Ruggs - Praying for that young man sad situation

emoji

3 days ago '19        #13
ZigZag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 72044 72 K  Slaps total: 16271 16 K
Justice was rewarded. She received a penalty for her act.

3 days ago '15        #14
Tripsev 
Props total: 14098 14 K  Slaps total: 5997 5 K
 TriniSoldier said 🔗
No. Entitlement and years of never having to own up for mistakes caused that.
+13   

3 days ago '16        #15
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 99768 99 K  Slaps total: 12082 12 K
 Miles Thirst said 🔗

Preach big dog !!!!

Or a boat like that shark tank bozo

Streets ain’t never been safe up here imo

I used to live near DuPont and Dufferin , bicyclists get killed there each year and the city don’t care . I remember leaving the crib one morning , swinging my leg over my bike and a neighbor telling me someone just died at Dufferin and DuPont and to be careful .

I’ve been doored, hit by beck taxis doing an illegal u turn , flipped over a hood by someone stopping in my lane after blowing a stop sign , etc

I do agree this sh1t has ramped up lately but we’ve never been safe outside of a car on the roads and it does seem like cops don’t care about it at all
+1   

3 days ago '23        #16
bxstillneedsme 
Props total: 1340 1 K  Slaps total: 187 187
If I'm in a crosswalk or crossing any kind of intersection in general, I still got my head on a swivel.
+15   

3 days ago '13        #17
jjwms33 
Props total: 7145 7 K  Slaps total: 1409 1 K
 TriniSoldier said 🔗
And Valium. And 2 margaritas to a Karen like her can actually mean 10 iykyk
+14   

3 days ago '10        #18
MrTripleDouble 
Props total: 11197 11 K  Slaps total: 5309 5 K
Pure evil, I don't give a fu#k what anybody says
+6   

3 days ago '13        #19
jjwms33 
Props total: 7145 7 K  Slaps total: 1409 1 K
 Hellmatic said 🔗
Bruh. I've been walking in the area I live in. Its crazy how rude drivers are to pedestrians and other drivers. I be surprised when people let me cross in the crosswalk. Even though they should anyway.
+3   

3 days ago '21        #20
SHAMPOOO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x33
Props total: 35310 35 K  Slaps total: 15939 15 K
emoji
Married chic tried to Pin it on her Side boyfriend...Im actually shocked they didnt just take her word for it!

Either way...I Doubt she'll serve all her time, nor the Life sentence will even stick after everyone forgets about her!
+4   

3 days ago '05        #21
240sx 
Props total: 14006 14 K  Slaps total: 2261 2 K
The little kid she hit flew the length of a football field , she’s safer in jail..
+4   

3 days ago '14        #22
BasedSoul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 23283 23 K  Slaps total: 1393 1 K
fu#k this hag

emoji
R.I.P. boys
+28   

3 days ago '12        #23
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 234147 234 K  Slaps total: 14006 14 K
 se15tips said 🔗
That letter she wrote to the parents
emoji

She's not 1 bit sorry

I'd go all Gerald butler

fu#k her & her privilege
In a letter to the boys’ parents, appended as an exhibit in the prosecution’s sentencing motion, Grossman wrote: “I am so sorry that I was portrayed as a monster to you. I will always remember this life-altering second of my life for the remainder of my life. Every day. I still have nightmares.” She said her previous efforts to express remorse had been “redacted.”
This sh1t is wild fam she really tried to paint herself as the victim still
+11   

3 days ago '18        #24
antisocial100 
Props total: 29494 29 K  Slaps total: 7511 7 K
I’m confused , she fu#kin the dodgers player while she married ?
+7   

3 days ago '08        #25
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 62642 62 K  Slaps total: 8463 8 K
Husband casual talking about his wife’s bf is crazy
emoji
+14   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Video inside Shawty said she “coloured” and she don’t want to talk about it
297 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Apparently Wack 100 Got Paws 🐾 Put on him by 4XTRAS Last Night,..
90 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo wnba expected to lose $50 million in 2024
160 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Y’all paying $28 for this??? Tev’s Kitchen in LA 🔥🔥 ..
79 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish