online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

'dancing for the devil' doc miranda claims she's being followed after netflix release

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 days ago '18        #1
1642 page views
31 comments

Goosebumpz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x83
Props total: 32707 32 K  Slaps total: 3162 3 K
icon 'dancing for the devil' doc miranda claims she's being followed after netflix release

IG

Miranda Derrick, the subject of Netflix‘s docuseries “Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult,” released a video on Instagram claiming that her and her husband James’ “lives have been put in danger” since the release of the hit documentary.

The three-episode series, which premiered on May 29, follows a group of TikTok dancers who believe they are involved in a talent management company called 7M.

The docuseries focuses on Miranda Derrick, a member who’s estranged from her family, which is desperately trying to get her out. It also paints a portrait of Robert Shinn, the 7M leader and self-proclaimed “man of God” who is a pastor at an invite-only church called Shekinah.

Members who escaped 7M shared their stories of heartbreak and grief under the leader. One former member, Priscylla Lee, who participated in the series, currently has a lawsuit against Shinn and other Shekinah members.

“I know I don’t normally make this kind of content,” Derrick says as she begins her video. “I just wanted to be transparent and a little vulnerable with you. Before this documentary, my husband and I felt safe.

Now that this documentary is out, we feel like our lives have been put in danger. We have both been followed in our cars, we have received hate mail, death threats, people have been sending us messages to commit suicide, and we’ve been stalked.”

Derrick goes on to share examples, with apparent screenshots of messages she’s received. “Someone said that, if I see you on the street, I’m going to come and get you so you better get security,” she claims. “Someone also said that, if I see you walking on the sidewalk, I’m going to come and shove you in the trunk of my car.”

The dancer-performer, who has 2.7 million followers on TikTok and 1.7 million on Instagram, places blame on her parents and sister, Melanie Wilking. “I don’t understand how my parents and my sister thought that this documentary would help me or our relationship in any way.”

By the end of the documentary, it’s revealed that Derrick and her family have somewhat reconciled and are communicating. However, claims by the family in the series say it’s at the behest of her alleged cult leader to give a false facade that he’s not keeping his young members away from their families.

Sadly, Derrick hints that the open line of communication may now be closing: “I have been getting together with my family for the past couple of years, privately, to work on our relationship, to make things right, to mend what has been broken. I’ve been loving getting together, laughing, just enjoying each other’s company. And this documentary has made it very difficult to continue doing that.”

She closes her video by addressing her lack of content recently and promises to post more as she “sees the light at the end of the tunnel,” thanking her followers who have supported her through this.

According to the most recent streaming ratings by Luminate, “Dancing for the Devil” was watched by an estimated 4.4 million people during the week of May 31-June 6. Netflix confirmed to Variety that the documentary will be submitted for consideration at the upcoming News & Documentary Emmy Awards later this year.

“Dancing for the Devil: The 7M TikTok Cult” is now streaming on Netflix.

https://variety.com/2024/ .. ts-1236032798/

Last edited by Goosebumpz; 06-10-2024 at 09:19 PM..
+1   

icon
best
icon
worst
31 comments

3 days ago '16        #2
theidiotlamper 
Props total: 9230 9 K  Slaps total: 3578 3 K
Trauma pr0n gets no run from me
+9   

3 days ago '05        #3
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 51484 51 K  Slaps total: 6404 6 K
That doc was wild. This girl is crazy lol she a legit android at this point
+8   

3 days ago '19        #4
Legit Trap 
Props total: 9825 9 K  Slaps total: 393 393
Asian dude sambo’d them in the name of God while making millions. He might get off for it because he paid them & they paid the church. All that f.a.n. sh1t might have him cooked.

emoji
emoji
+4   

3 days ago '17        #5
sjuelz 
Props total: 21239 21 K  Slaps total: 2909 2 K
ban all social media
+7   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 days ago '12        #6
sycomiko  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10605 10 K  Slaps total: 3206 3 K
Good marketing. Now I'm interested. Good for her
emoji
+4   

3 days ago '20        #7
Born Bad 
Props total: 66327 66 K  Slaps total: 5636 5 K
Be safe baby

emoji

3 days ago '05        #8
The Utmost 
Props total: 17294 17 K  Slaps total: 1506 1 K
This was the dumbest sh1t ever and it was a typical netflix documentary where nothing gets resolved
emoji
+2   

3 days ago '20        #9
UncleSpo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 50625 50 K  Slaps total: 19535 19 K
 Fauby said 🔗
havent watched the doc yet , but to me it isnt that crazy , she choose social media fame and $$ over a boring a$s family who cant season there food properly

3 days ago '17        #10
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x54
Props total: 137161 137 K  Slaps total: 36739 36 K
If you snitch on a narcissist or sheisty people, be prepared to be watching your back
+1   

3 days ago '12        #11
SE Texas713 
Props total: 7447 7 K  Slaps total: 362 362
 Fauby said 🔗
She tryna play victim like she just ain’t abandon her fam. She lucky her people ain’t just cut her off. They doin everything they can just to bring awareness and she acting like she a victim :wadefoh:
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 days ago '14        #12
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x180
Props total: 124921 124 K  Slaps total: 9757 9 K
This sh1t is about tik tok and dancing? I'm thinking she dropped some top level secret sh1t

emoji
+4   

3 days ago '05        #13
 UncleSpo said 🔗
havent watched the doc yet , but to me it isnt that crazy , she choose social media fame and $$ over a boring a$s family who cant season there food properly
It's deeper then that. Dude that started it was a pastor and made them go crazy for Jesus basically and he collects everything.

It's a cult. He takes all their money and puts it into the church. Tells them how and when to talk to their parents. Tells them who to marry. Controls their whole life.

Dude running circles on those young kids minds. Give me everything and you'll be tiktok famous
+3   

3 days ago '05        #14
 reelife said 🔗
This sh1t is about tik tok and dancing? I'm thinking she dropped some top level secret sh1t

emoji
It's a legit cult she joined behind this.

3 days ago '17        #15
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58772 58 K  Slaps total: 8448 8 K
 reelife said 🔗

emoji
She is, kinda

Cults recruit all kinds of people through innocuous means

It seems innocent

It seems like common ground

Next thing you know their foot is in the door and you’re relating to weirdos, but you can’t tell they’re weirdos anymore

If you know of or seen a MAGA this is how it happens
+2   

Top 10 most propped recently  3 days ago '14        #16
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x180
Props total: 124921 124 K  Slaps total: 9757 9 K
 Fauby said 🔗
It's a legit cult she joined behind this.
Its worth watching?

3 days ago '05        #17
The Utmost 
Props total: 17294 17 K  Slaps total: 1506 1 K
 UncleSpo said 🔗
It's literally way more to it than that but I'm not even gonna tell you to watch it because she's still in the cult and the documentary was basically a 3 episode vehicle to raise awareness and hopefully get her out which clearly hasn't worked

3 days ago '20        #18
UncleSpo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x39
Props total: 50625 50 K  Slaps total: 19535 19 K
 The Utmost said 🔗
It's literally way more to it than that but I'm not even gonna tell you to watch it because she's still in the cult and the documentary was basically a 3 episode vehicle to raise awareness and hopefully get her out which clearly hasn't worked
shes a pretty bi#ch let that bi#ch cook

now if its a cult where there broke and she look sick than get her out

Top 10 most propped recently  3 days ago '17        #19
Pretty Tone 
Props total: 74630 74 K  Slaps total: 5517 5 K
 Fauby said 🔗
It's deeper then that. Dude that started it was a pastor and made them go crazy for Jesus basically and he collects everything.

It's a cult. He takes all their money and puts it into the church. Tells them how and when to talk to their parents. Tells them who to marry. Controls their whole life.

Dude running circles on those young kids minds. Give me everything and you'll be tiktok famous
To be fair this sh1t sounds like regular church. For a while now when does regular religion become a cult because it seems like a hair thin line

3 days ago '18        #20
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 148299 148 K  Slaps total: 8366 8 K
 Fauby said 🔗

Now I wanna watch in the name of the lordt
emoji

3 days ago '20        #21
Maci 
Props total: 5902 5 K  Slaps total: 620 620
An invite only church? NO! THATS the HINT right there! Theyre actively LOOKING for certain types of ppl. Dumb, gullible, no family support type ppl. If u got money that’s even better! They want that too, more than u.

3 days ago '04        #22
skillahmang 
Props total: 86536 86 K  Slaps total: 16606 16 K
Wood

3 days ago '21        #23
HesOnFire 
Props total: 13961 13 K  Slaps total: 702 702
sh1t sound like Scientology them MF all around Clearwater Fl they literally ruined the downtown area by buying all the real estate and buildings blocked out all windows so you can’t see inside that area should be booming with tourism and nightlife it’s kinda Erie being there at night they bribe the local police as well

3 days ago '07        #24
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x91
Props total: 145754 145 K  Slaps total: 22349 22 K
keep that livestream ready

3 days ago '19        #25
jlem 
Props total: 23099 23 K  Slaps total: 719 719
She joined a religious cult ran by a zealot.

emoji

This is every Sunday in America for some people. A lot of modern-day churches behave like cults.

They want you to believe a certain way, not question leadership, give your last dime in the name of (g)od, and in some cases not associate with anyone outside of the church or belief group that challenges what's going on.

emoji

I've seen it firsthand. The moment religious MF's start talking about "undying loyalty and commitment" then you know off the rip that some BS is about to follow.

The crazy part is that it happens to the most educated and well-read people. It's even more attractive to those with damaged home lives and are looking for belonging.

emoji

Before you know it, you're giving everything to them. I've counseled numerous folks over the years about how they need to be careful when choosing a church.

These pastors and preachers don't just come out the gate and say "I'm a cult leader!"

emoji

There's a lot of grooming involved. It involves getting to know you and your faults, fears, etc. Once they have that information, they play on it. If you're looking to belong, then that's the angle that they're going to take.

"We're a family." "We love you." "You're never alone with us" Next thing you know you're in a tent in the middle of nowhere, wearing matching sweatsuits, with shaved heads, drinking Kool Aid laced with poison in some mass suicide pact because a MF claims to be Jesus and can bring you back from the dead.

emoji

It sounds crazy but the sh1t happens more than you think.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+31414
It might be a wrap for the boy
320 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Shawty said she “coloured” and she don’t want to talk about it
296 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Apparently Wack 100 Got Paws 🐾 Put on him by 4XTRAS Last Night,..
90 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo wnba expected to lose $50 million in 2024
158 comments
18 hours ago
@sports