online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jun 10 - Americans from coup attempt in Congo go on trial before a military court

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '06        #1
527 page views
13 comments

nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 22251 22 K  Slaps total: 859 859
icon Jun 10 - Americans from coup attempt in Congo go on trial before a military court

YT

Three Americans accused of being involved in last month's coup attempt in Congo appeared in a military court in the country's capital, Kinshasa, on Friday, along with dozens of other defendants who were lined up on plastic chairs before the judge on the first day of the hearing.

The proceedings before the open-air military court were broadcast live on the local television channel.

Six people were killed during the botched coup attempt led by the little-known opposition figure Christian Malanga last month that targeted the presidential palace and a close ally of President Felix Tshisekedi. Malanga was fatally shot for resisting arrest soon after live-streaming the attack on his social media, the Congolese army said.

The defendants face a number of charges, many punishable by death, including terrorism, murder and criminal association. The court said there were 53 names on the list, but the names of Malanga and one other person were removed after death certificates were produced.

Malanga's 21-year-old son Marcel Malanga, who is a U.S. citizen, and two other Americans are on trial for their alleged role in the attack. All three requested an interpreter to translate the proceedings from French to English.

Malanga's son was the first to be questioned by the judge, who asked him to confirm his name and other personal details. The military official chosen to translate for him was apparently unable to understand English well. Eventually, a journalist was selected from the media to replace him, but he too had trouble translating numbers and the details of the proceedings.

“He’s not interpreting right. We need a different interpreter who understands English, please,” Marcel Malanga told the judge after the journalist incorrectly translated his zip code.

But no other translator emerged and the defendants had to make do with the journalist, who worked for national radio. Malanga appeared frustrated and defiant as the interview stumbled ahead.

Tyler Thompson Jr., 21, flew to Africa from Utah with the younger Malanga for what his family believed was a vacation, with all expenses paid by the elder Malanga. The young men had played high school football together in the Salt Lake City suburbs. Other teammates accused Marcel of offering up to $100,000 to join him on a “security job” in Congo.
 https://www.msn.com/en-ph .. d=BingNewsSerp
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
13 comments

2 weeks ago '17        #2
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 89030 89 K  Slaps total: 17896 17 K
Dudes dad was the rebel leader.

So him and his friends are cooked.

emoji
+6   

2 weeks ago '23        #3
Yopa 
Props total: 21227 21 K  Slaps total: 8686 8 K
Is this a death sentence ?
+1   

2 weeks ago '23        #4
KaZoko 
Props total: 70 70  Slaps total: 65 65
So many lies ...Malanga Sr was seen on a footage arrested and embarking on a military vehicule , surrounded by 10 armed military... He didnt resist arrest ,he was executed
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #5
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x72
Props total: 229043 229 K  Slaps total: 29823 29 K
 Willy Boban said 🔗
Dudes dad was the rebel leader.

So him and his friends are cooked.

emoji
if you just caught a group of rebels trying to kill you, would you allow one to take a photo next to you holding a loaded gun?

Conveniently wearing an American flag on his chest

emoji

looks staged to me

+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #6
 Sin said 🔗
if you just caught a group of rebels trying to kill you, would you allow one to take a photo next to you holding a loaded gun?

emoji

looks staged to me

Minus him still with the gun.

Dude got the I phucked around and found out look.

emoji
+2   

2 weeks ago '11        #7
 Willy Boban said 🔗
Minus him still with the gun.

Dude got the I phucked around and found out look.

emoji
the dude holding him also has an unloaded gun lol
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #8
 Sin said 🔗
the dude holding him also has an unloaded gun lol
With the crew standing behind him.

emoji

Just looks like a capture picture to me where they don't want to p1ss off the U.S by taking torture photos fam.

So I truly doubt that this sh1t was staged fam.

emoji

2 weeks ago '11        #9
 Willy Boban said 🔗
With the crew standing behind him.

emoji

Just looks like a capture picture to me where they don't want to p1ss off the U.S by taking torture photos fam.

So I truly doubt that this sh1t was staged fam.

emoji
ive seen the torture pics on twitter

2 weeks ago '17        #10
 Sin said 🔗

emoji

looks staged to me

After further review. That was his father fam. They stormed the palace at 4am while it was empty and made a Facebook live video.

This is them previously.

I think dude just realized that his father was batsh1t crazy and sh1t was about to go down.

Last edited by Willy Boban; 06-10-2024 at 06:26 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '24        #11
WillEBeemN 
Props total: 309 309  Slaps total: 35 35
crazy that his classmate fell for that but i guess some people would risk it for $100K...especially at 21 year sold, prob seemed like a whole bunch of money
+1   

2 weeks ago '12        #12
goodkidmadworld 
Props total: 27390 27 K  Slaps total: 1620 1 K
RIP Patrice Lumumba
+2   

2 weeks ago '22        #13
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 64636 64 K  Slaps total: 14497 14 K
emoji
if they was in a american prison they woulda got worse treatment

Top 10 most propped recently  2 weeks ago '17        #14
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 289782 289 K  Slaps total: 28092 28 K
🔗

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props-6521
The reality of you dudes that think you look “young for your age”
86 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+11616
Image(s) inside Simpson meme describes the modern day gym :yaohah:
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+2514
Video inside Baron Davis on NBA Players Getting Extorted, Robbed, & Shot at in Los A..
211 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+746
Whole Industry Turned They Back On Drake
239 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop