online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Mike Flanagan is Officially Set to Write/Direct All New ‘Exorcist’ Film for Blumhouse

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '18        #1
271 page views
10 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x269
Props total: 338721 338 K  Slaps total: 10660 10 K
icon Mike Flanagan is Officially Set to Write/Direct All New ‘Exorcist’ Film for Blumhouse

"It’s official: Mike Flanagan is set to write, direct, and produce the next Exorcist film for Blumhouse and Universal. But don’t expect a sequel to not a sequel to 2023’s The Exorcist: Believer; Flanagan will offer a radical new take on The Exorcist.

To reiterate, the new film will tell an all-new story set in The Exorcist universe and is not a sequel to David Gordon Green‘s The Exorcist: Believer. Plans for that trilogy are no longer moving forward.

Flanagan said in a statement, “The Exorcist is one of the reasons I became a filmmaker, and it is an honor to have the chance to try something fresh, bold, and terrifying within its universe. Reuniting with my friends at Blumhouse, with whom I’ve made some of my favorite pieces of work, only makes this more exciting.”

“Mike’s voice and vision are indispensable for horror fans and we are excited to welcome him back to Blumhouse. I immediately responded to Mike’s new take on the world of The Exorcist and can’t wait for audiences to experience it,” said Jason Blum, Founder and CEO, Blumhouse.

“It’s an honor to be working with Mike. I think his vision for this franchise is going to stun audiences worldwide, and I could not be more excited to be working with him, Trevor, Jason and the entire Blumhouse Team,” said David Robinson, Chairman and CEO of Morgan Creek.

The film will be produced by Trevor Macy on behalf of Intrepid Pictures and Flanagan via his new Red Room Pictures banner. John Scherer will also be working on the film on behalf of Intrepid. This film marks the fourth collaboration for Flanagan and Blumhouse; he wrote and directed Oculus (2013), Hush (2016) and Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016), all also produced by Macy, the latter which was recently featured in Blumhouse’s Halfway to Halloween AMC Film Series.

Stay tuned for additional details on this new direction for The Exorcist as they arrive."

https://bloody-disgusting .. for-blumhouse/

icon
best
icon
worst
10 comments

3 weeks ago '04        #2
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 64700 64 K  Slaps total: 9284 9 K
pass... leave classics alone on this one.....
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #3
FreeSmoke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 32331 32 K  Slaps total: 7905 7 K
We just had like 20th 1 like last year lmao
+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #4
Sir Tits McGee 
Props total: 5519 5 K  Slaps total: 319 319
I do like Mike Flanagan. Hopefully he can give this a nice touch

3 weeks ago '07        #5
|JOHN| 
Props total: 992 992  Slaps total: 22 22
I'll give it chance since flanigans involved. I like his work
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #6
DaOmega_1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20140 20 K  Slaps total: 2099 2 K
Flanagan gets the benefit of the doubt. Always.

I mean, after "Believer", it truly can't get much worse than that.
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #7
Haereticus 
Props total: 725 725  Slaps total: 22 22
Hill House was incredible.

Everything after was either absolutely fu#king terrible (Midnight Club) or just okay.

3 weeks ago '07        #8
r.burgundy 
Props total: 54701 54 K  Slaps total: 8261 8 K
emoji

3 weeks ago '07        #9
swiftkid21 
Props total: 10250 10 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
Won't be scary

3 weeks ago '15        #10
CZNM22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 125123 125 K  Slaps total: 3451 3 K
A radical new take? fu#k is he gonna do, turn it into a musical?

3 weeks ago '04        #11
knotmydayever 
Props total: 1887 1 K  Slaps total: 122 122
They overpaid for the IP so they could extend the original and instead put out a Blum House Special of bad acting bad effects and a bad plot.

So the answer must be to remake the original…I can only imagine the garbage they’ll shovel into the plot…

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+10411
Image(s) inside Females Get VIRAL Plumber FIRED from his job after the “Pop The Ballon..
212 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+1810
Image(s) inside This can't be real... playstation vs Xbox console exclusives 2020-2024
49 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
props+428
Article inside Pusha T Breaks His Silence On Being Namedropped By Kendrick Lamar On ..
90 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-978
Uh oh! Dark Drake is coming soon!
183 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop