online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Get Ready For a Different Kind of Story in 'House of the Dragon' Season 2

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '18        #1
794 page views
17 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x269
Props total: 338714 338 K  Slaps total: 10660 10 K
icon Get Ready For a Different Kind of Story in 'House of the Dragon' Season 2

"When House of the Dragon Season 2 premieres, it will differ from the original iteration of the series. Showrunner Ryan Condal told Variety that one of these differences will consist of the show’s pacing. Season 1 famously had to have a very particular way of telling the story. At its core, House of the Dragon is about generational trauma and how wounds can fester over decades of turmoil. Alicent Hightower (Olivia Cooke) harbors resentment towards her former best friend Rhaenyra (Emma D’Arcy), the heir to the Iron Throne. But after Prince Aemond (Ewan Mitchell) becomes complicit in his dragon snapping up Rhaenyra’s son, Luke (Elliot Grihault), in the season finale, war is all but assured.

“All the wounds are fresh,” Condal explained. “I think the pace will feel more like building momentum. Season 1 felt breakneck because you were jumping time periods, whereas Season 2 feels like you light a fuse in Episode 1 and watch it go -- and at points, little charges go off.”
egg

But while the progression of the season is more of a steady pace, events will happen far more quickly than fans may be used to. Season 1 was set over the course of a decade as characters matured and came into their own. Many episodes would have years in between to allow these events to take place. This will not be the case in Season 2. Not much time has passed between the two seasons, Steve Toussaint explained. After the final two episodes of Season 1 that took place concurrently, only about 10 days will have passed between Seasons 1 and 2. And in those 10 days, a lot has to be decided. Notably how vicious the conflict between the Greens and Blacks will have to become.

Episode 1 of 'House of the Dragon' Season 2 Will Feature A Son For A Son

Book readers will steel themselves for the Season 2 premiere, entitled “A Son For A Son.” If there is a quote that sticks out from the books the most, it is that one. Luke’s death incurs the wrath of not only Rhaenyra but his stepfather, Daemon (Matt Smith). The Rogue Prince takes vengeance to heart for Luke’s death and vows to take something just as meaningful from the Greens as payment in the brutal Blood and Cheese story. This episode promises to be one such charge that will set off more as the season progresses. With not much time to spare, viewers can catch the first episode of House of the Dragon Season 2 when it airs on Max on June 16."

https://collider.com/hous .. ason-2-pacing/

YT

YT
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
17 comments

3 weeks ago '04        #2
kalico17  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6955 6 K  Slaps total: 906 906
I dunno if it was the pacing or what but I could not follow Season 1
Gave up at EP 4

Ima go back before Season 2
fu#k it
+7   

3 weeks ago '18        #3
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x269 OP
Props total: 338714 338 K  Slaps total: 10660 10 K
🔗

+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #4
Aries  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 74239 74 K  Slaps total: 8919 8 K
 kalico17 said 🔗
Gave up at EP 4

fu#k it
Were you watching week to week? I probably would've lost interest too if I watched like that.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #5
 Aries said 🔗
Were you watching week to week? I probably would've lost interest too if I watched like that.
I was lol

I think the thing that got me so hooked with the OGs was having read the first book prior to the show coming out
I have the history book George RR released which I know the show is based on but it ain’t the same

I work from home so ima start with first episode in the morning and let the series run all day.
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #6
NOCCOWT 
Props total: 10512 10 K  Slaps total: 3746 3 K
Trailer looks great a$s fu#k. Don't give a fu#k about what any writer or anybody gotta say about it. I'm just ready to watch it.
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #7
NOCCOWT 
Props total: 10512 10 K  Slaps total: 3746 3 K
 kalico17 said 🔗
I was lol

I think the thing that got me so hooked with the OGs was having read the first book prior to the show coming out
I have the history book George RR released which I know the show is based on but it ain’t the same

I work from home so ima start with first episode in the morning and let the series run all day.

I ready "Blood and Fire" they skipped mad years. I wanted " Maegor the Cruel " and his moms Visenya and her sister Rhaenys and Aenys. Their story was fire
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #8
 NOCCOWT said 🔗
I ready "Blood and Fire" they skipped mad years. I wanted " Maegor the Cruel " and his moms Visenya and her sister Rhaenys and Aenys. Their story was fire
That’s a fu#king fact
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #9
MacksB 
Props total: 1481 1 K  Slaps total: 117 117
 kalico17 said 🔗
That’s why you can’t follow…you gotta give the show all of your attention
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #10
dakidjahsiah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 43685 43 K  Slaps total: 4783 4 K
after they ruined GOT wit that last season, fu#k all these dragons b

3 weeks ago '16        #11
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 171467 171 K  Slaps total: 5450 5 K
team red and black!!! fu#k THE OTHER SIDE !

3 weeks ago '14        #12
Aries  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 74239 74 K  Slaps total: 8919 8 K
 kalico17 said 🔗
I was lol

Please don't watch like that, you're gonna missout on a lot of sh1t, and the experience won't be as enjoyable.

Start watching on a day when you're just chillin at home—like a rainy Sunday.
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #13
VIMAN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7816 7 K  Slaps total: 765 765
 kalico17 said 🔗
Gave up at EP 4

fu#k it
It's wierd it didn't really pick up until after that tbh I was hooked after the half way mark
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #14
CALL AGAIN 
Props total: 30233 30 K  Slaps total: 3587 3 K
Man time is a cold bi#ch it felt like this show would never.come.back.after watching that last scene season one but hype is picking up. I am a little excited for tv again my favorite show EVIL just came back too!

3 weeks ago '14        #15
Rusty Bull 
Props total: 7056 7 K  Slaps total: 901 901
Good. I wasn’t a fan of all the time jumps. Don’t know why they felt that was necessary. Just pick a point in time to tell the story and reference whatever events you need from the past.
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #16
R Shackleford 
Props total: 22340 22 K  Slaps total: 1509 1 K
This ain't your granddads house of dragons

3 weeks ago '04        #17
 Aries said 🔗
Please don't watch like that, you're gonna missout on a lot of sh1t, and the experience won't be as enjoyable.

Start watching on a day when you're just chillin at home—like a rainy Sunday.
Bet. Ima hold off for the weekend then lol
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #18
The Utmost 
Props total: 17387 17 K  Slaps total: 1513 1 K
i didn't watch this but i'm surprised it got a season 2. seemed like everybody hated it from what i recall

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+1812
Image(s) inside This can't be real... playstation vs Xbox console exclusives 2020-2024
49 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
props+10410
Image(s) inside Females Get VIRAL Plumber FIRED from his job after the “Pop The Ballon..
211 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props-979
Uh oh! Dark Drake is coming soon!
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 year old girl sh0t by her 21 year old boyfriend the night before graduation
113 comments