online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Hip Hop is now the Drake show

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 weeks ago '20        #1
1262 page views
39 comments

sportersify 
Props total: 668 668  Slaps total: 763 763
Hip Hop is now the Drake show

Bruh... everywhere I look... reddit, twitter, youtube, in other artists reddits, right here... It's all about Drake good or bad.

This is getting crazy. I'm just wondering when we will stop talking about the n1gga.

icon
best
icon
worst
39 comments

4 weeks ago '21        #2
TheIronyIsThat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 43545 43 K  Slaps total: 6913 6 K
 sportersify said 🔗
Bruh... everywhere I look... reddit, twitter, youtube, in other artists reddits, right here... It's all about Drake good or bad.

This is getting crazy. I'm just wondering when we will stop talking about the n1gga.
Well.

Millie-Bobby never defended him.

And he never explained why he was texting, and going on dates with a 13-year-old. Which means he was probably talking to her when she was 11 or 12 since her fame started with Stranger Things when she was 11 ok see you later

Top 10 most slapped recently  4 weeks ago '22        #3
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x111
Props total: 198470 198 K  Slaps total: 235549 235 K
whether u hate him or love him. We will never see another run like this ever again

15 straight years as the #1 rapper, might even end up being 20 years straight on top
emoji
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #4
MrNobody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25039 25 K  Slaps total: 8562 8 K
 BreakkerSzn said 🔗
whether u hate him or love him. We will never see another run like this ever again

15 straight years as the #1 rapper, might even end up being 20 years straight on top
emoji
It’s upsetting how badly culture is dying. No rappers or actors topping the previous generation no diddy.

Drake and Ye music be sounding lazy at times and they be rambling because the lack of competition gives them no reason to tighten up
emoji
+5   

4 weeks ago '16        #5
MHP Trotty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 155715 155 K  Slaps total: 20426 20 K
 TheIronyIsThat said 🔗
Well.

And he never explained why he was texting, and going on dates with a 13-year-old. Which means he was probably talking to her when she was 11 or 12 since her fame started with Stranger Things when she was 11 ok see you later
This kinda is the point OP was making.

Every hour it’s a discussion about Drake.

He holds way too much singular power over the culture, where people feel they are witnessing a “funeral” of his career but his body is not in that casket.
+4   

4 weeks ago '08        #6
Solitary Genius  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 29037 29 K  Slaps total: 4348 4 K
 MHP Trotty said 🔗
This kinda is the point OP was making.

Every hour it’s a discussion about Drake.

He holds way too much singular power over the culture, where people feel they are witnessing a “funeral” of his career but his body is not in that casket.
n1gga don't hold no power over the culture, everyone's just entertained that he got bodied and is gettin exposed at near a daily basis
emoji

4 weeks ago '04        #7
Real 
Props total: 53230 53 K  Slaps total: 8721 8 K
emoji
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #8
 Solitary Genius said 🔗
n1gga don't hold no power over the culture, everyone's just entertained that he got bodied and is gettin exposed at near a daily basis
emoji
What you give energy to, you give power to.

That’s why they say it’s no such thing as bad publicity.
+8   

4 weeks ago '08        #9
 MHP Trotty said 🔗

Whoever believes that is.... more power to them
emoji

Exclusivity >>> publicity...

4 weeks ago '20        #10
sportersify  OP
Props total: 668 668  Slaps total: 763 763
Downvoted because how dare I want to talk about stuff other than Drake?
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #11
Mavs In 4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 14669 14 K  Slaps total: 9953 9 K
 sportersify said 🔗

It’s been the Drake show since 2009, lil bro.

4 weeks ago '12        #12
Mavs In 4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 14669 14 K  Slaps total: 9953 9 K
 TheIronyIsThat said 🔗
Well.

Yes she did. Google is great.
+6   

4 weeks ago '17        #13
YAYO101 
Props total: 67742 67 K  Slaps total: 3914 3 K
BULLsh1t! That aint my Algorithm, you weird a$s n1ggas google search "Drake" all day then naturally that is WTF is going to show up more when you get on the Internet

Only on BX when I click on this bi#ch, yall weird a$s n1ggas post all day and start threads about him accusing everybody else of talking about him
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #14
 Solitary Genius said 🔗
Whoever believes that is.... more power to them
emoji

Exclusivity >>> publicity...
Where is the exclusivity in this conversation as it relates to Drake?
+1   

4 weeks ago '22        #15
VINYLFANTASY 
Props total: 2133 2 K  Slaps total: 136 136
 MHP Trotty said 🔗

Untill the Feds on ya *ss

(Diddy)

Last edited by VINYLFANTASY; 05-29-2024 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: No Diddy

4 weeks ago '08        #16
halftime 
Props total: 35005 35 K  Slaps total: 4695 4 K
 TheIronyIsThat said 🔗
Well.

you might be the weird people she was referring to.

4 weeks ago '08        #17
 MHP Trotty said 🔗
Where is the exclusivity in this conversation as it relates to Drake?
There is none, that's the problem
emoji

He would benefit by takin a break and coming back on some NWTS sh1t, imo
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #18
Skilllz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 44576 44 K  Slaps total: 4131 4 K
Why I had to stop listening to hip-hop in general

Monopolization always bad for business
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #19
TheFreakyRobber  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 25282 25 K  Slaps total: 5195 5 K

+5   

4 weeks ago '05        #20
StateProperty88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30559 30 K  Slaps total: 3188 3 K
 MHP Trotty said 🔗

i feel it's the exact opposite of him having power over the culture. to me if anything this shows how loose a grip he has on the culture. kendrick said it's not just him it's what the culture is feeling and he is right. drake's link with "the culture" has been deteriorating for a while now but it's been hard to notice because his popularity has seemingly got bigger over the last few years.

the last time the culture spoke out against drake was when all the dogs came out. and the outcry was so much that drake went and give us a scary hours addition the was taylor-made for the culture.
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #21
 StateProperty88 said 🔗
i feel it's the exact opposite of him having power over the culture. to me if anything this shows how loose a grip he has on the culture. kendrick said it's not just him it's what the culture is feeling and he is right. drake's link with "the culture" has been deteriorating for a while now but it's been hard to notice because his popularity has seemingly got bigger over the last few years.

the last time the culture spoke out against drake was when all the dogs came out. and the outcry was so much that drake went and give us a scary hours addition the was taylor-made for the culture.
I get what you saying but that’s not entirely it.

The culture itself has been infiltrated and expanded.

What people are finding out the hard way in this whole Drake situation is he has millions of fans within the culture who tolerate a rapper being completely inauthentic to many of us. From a business perspective, he is a guaranteed dollar in the scope of offering just rap music.

The grip you feel he’s losing or lost wasn’t real to begin with. Ross’ disses were more accurate to the situation than Kendrick’s because it’s only so much Kendrick himself can speak on before he’s throwing a rock at a glass house for his own connection to the culture. Ross said all them n1ggas gave him a “hood pass” behind business they thought was friendship, but a “hood pass” got an expiration date and now he moved them out the paint.

What people need to do is stop giving him attention so they can really see how corny he is when the publicity stunts increase.
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #22
TheLastNonEarth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 146231 146 K  Slaps total: 19992 19 K
 MHP Trotty said 🔗

This. Drake is capping off 15+ years as the #1 selling rapper while getting Tekashi69 level buzz for most of this year.
emoji

Like with Tekashi, the haters are keeping Drake on that 24-7, Tekashi 18' level of saturation. I was team Kendrick but you gotta give it to Drake for Kdot to be breaking streaming records and have that many top 10 songs just for dissing Drake.
+2   

4 weeks ago '24        #23
Who you 
Props total: 796 796  Slaps total: 504 504
 MrNobody said 🔗
It’s upsetting how badly culture is dying. No rappers or actors topping the previous generation no diddy.

Drake and Ye music be sounding lazy at times and they be rambling because the lack of competition gives them no reason to tighten up
emoji
Rap/hip hop has been dead. Arrogant stans who think they control things are the last to get a clue.

Last edited by Who you; 05-29-2024 at 02:02 PM..
+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #24
Gordon Gartrell 
Props total: 69905 69 K  Slaps total: 6963 6 K
new vince staples out now
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #25
 TheLastNonEarth said 🔗
This. Drake is capping off 15+ years as the #1 selling rapper while getting Tekashi69 level buzz for most of this year.
emoji

Like with Tekashi, the haters are keeping Drake on that 24-7, Tekashi 18' level of saturation. I was team Kendrick but you gotta give it to Drake for Kdot to be breaking streaming records and have that many top 10 songs just for dissing Drake.
Exactly.

And what happened to Tekashi as soon as people stopped paying him any mind? That sh1t was a wrap. The minute Drake appears and it doesn’t become a topic of discussion is the day his “run” is about to be over. He gonna do it to himself by pulling stunts to get back to being the topic of conversation. We literally just watched the same thing play out with Kanye. To the point every time he appears it has to be spectacle. Now as we’re years into him doing it, you can see the corniness and desperation with him inviting paparazzi to come take pictures of him dressed as medieval executioner and his wife wearing nothing but bubble wrap going to grab some ice cream.
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Video inside she wants 5 of em and her husband to watch
90 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3516
'Not Like Us' video shoot live in Watts Nickerson Gardens
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+1910
Video inside Dude was a very good sport. The dating pool is shallow lol. 😆
136 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3910
Image(s) inside How did Drake end up battling Kdot when Future pulled the trigger first?
212 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop