online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Who isnít splitting bills in this economy?

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Misc & Hot Takes

4 weeks ago '14        #1
1613 page views
45 comments

Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53
Props total: 74687 74 K  Slaps total: 19815 19 K
Who isnít splitting bills in this economy?

Can someone help me understand who isnít splitting bills in this economy?

Common topic in the black community is that men should pay all the bills and women should take care of the house without spending anything. Man, Iíve been looking at the housing market in my areaÖÖ goddamn every 3 bedroom is 500k and above. Even with 20% down, itís like 3k a month for the mortgage. So imagine things like insurance, car note, groceries, schooling for kids, electricity, heating, etc. So how in the heck are people expecting one person to pay all the bills especially if itís a family beyond just husband and wife? What do prices around yall look like? And overall thoughts because Iím honestly not seeing how itís reasonably possible unless youíre making 300k yearly
+13   

icon
best
icon
worst
45 comments

4 weeks ago '05        #2
LBoogie2122  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 9541 9 K  Slaps total: 1327 1 K
It’s mostly a social media fantasy of the ideal relationship that modern women want..

Irl some women insist on 50/50….because they believe that equality amongst men and women includes finances and I can agree on that…I know quite a few women that make $500k+ a year.

In real life any woman that wants you to do everything 100% is usually looking for a father figure to guide her through the hard parts of life
+26   

4 weeks ago '05        #3
bi0  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 49130 49 K  Slaps total: 4318 4 K
I did the 100/0 and 70/30 both times didn't work. Now I pay all my own bills and let her pay her own bills at her place. If I ever move in with another women am paying mortgage on the house I own and she can pay whatever bills and groceries and this is only if am dating to marry and if she's black. If she's any other ethnicity I'd shoot for 50/50 with us both putting 100% into the pot and paying the bills that way since I know other ethnicities are gonna wanna to split everything in a breakup.
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #4
hily 
Props total: 6682 6 K  Slaps total: 984 984
I think most couples split I have a friend who technically dooesn't her husband pays it all, but she helps run their company without asking for a salary.
+3   

4 weeks ago '11        #5
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70562 70 K  Slaps total: 2983 2 K
I pay my own bills because theyre mine.

I dont want or need any assistance with that because eventually it will lead to a broad thinking she can dictate sh1t.
+11   

4 weeks ago '08        #6
daluckychild  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17801 17 K  Slaps total: 476 476
It's different when you come up with someone. I'd hate to be single and over 30 these days. Problem is when you 30 and got a career and financial goals, it's hard to align with someone.

With that said, I met my wife in college, been together for over 15. We've traded over the years which salary goes to the bill or savings etc. But we in this together and we have a foundation.

Cant spend all your younger years chasing wh0res. The good ones get wifed young and you're now left to choose from what everyone already picked over, sampled, and threw back into the ocean.
+27   

4 weeks ago '14        #7
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x53 OP
 Silencer said 🔗
I pay my own bills because theyre mine.

I dont want or need any assistance with that because eventually it will lead to a broad thinking she can dictate sh1t.
Iím confused though. If youíre in a marriage, why wouldnít you want your wife dictating certain things?
+2   

4 weeks ago '14        #8
 LBoogie2122 said 🔗
Itís mostly a social media fantasy of the ideal relationship that modern women want..

Irl some women insist on 50/50Ö.because they believe that equality amongst men and women includes finances and I can agree on thatÖI know quite a few women that make $500k+ a year.

In real life any woman that wants you to do everything 100% is usually looking for a father figure to guide her through the hard parts of life
I agree but just off simple math. Off a family of 4, expenses could easily add up to like 5-6k per month. Thatíd be awful to have the pressure to handle all that by yourself
+4   

4 weeks ago '18        #9
set117  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 34342 34 K  Slaps total: 4056 4 K
 daluckychild said 🔗
It's different when you come up with someone. I'd hate to be single and over 30 these days. Problem is when you 30 and got a career and financial goals, it's hard to align with someone.

With that said, I met my wife in college, been together for over 15. We've traded over the years which salary goes to the bill or savings etc. But we in this together and we have a foundation.

Cant spend all your younger years chasing wh0res. The good ones get wifed young and you're now left to choose from what everyone already picked over, sampled, and threw back into the ocean.
Gyaaat damn. This is so true.
emoji
+6   

4 weeks ago '04        #10
x Tha Arkitek x  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 28009 28 K  Slaps total: 3806 3 K
I've been 50/50 since we met back in 2014. My brother just got divorced and they were 100/0....not only is it ridiculous in a dual income marriage, you're setting yourself up for a rude awakening for alimony after they've been accustomed to living the bill free life.

Last edited by x Tha Arkitek x; 05-28-2024 at 06:35 PM..
+11   

4 weeks ago '08        #11
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 55573 55 K  Slaps total: 4419 4 K
Most people split bills. The people claiming they won’t can’t because they’re alone.

Don’t let social media fool you into think it is a real representation of the world.
+12   

4 weeks ago '14        #12
southside playa 
Props total: 3704 3 K  Slaps total: 587 587
Every broad I meet, wants all her bills paid on day 1. Plus a shopping allowance. Is boys simpin & trickin heavy like dat, with all this inflation?

I was looking to shack up and keep some in-house, but I’m just gonna go monk mode. Trying to cut bills not add them.
+10   

4 weeks ago '14        #13
BasedGawd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 43363 43 K  Slaps total: 6323 6 K
I'm on my hobosexual sh1t.

I d1ck women down, hang out with them, go on dates. They let me stay for free. Typically it's them begging me to call it "home".

I don't get comfortable moving sh1t in. I just travel out of my luggage bag.

I don't help with bills. I pay for groceries and dates.

Crazy, women care about and look out for you more when you are on your bum sh1t.
+9   

4 weeks ago '11        #14
2loaf 
Props total: 1901 1 K  Slaps total: 160 160
My girl offered to pay from day one. She makes less than me tho so I don’t make her half with me. We do like a 70/30 split.
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #15
bi0  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 49130 49 K  Slaps total: 4318 4 K
 southside playa said 🔗
Every broad I meet, wants all her bills paid on day 1. Plus a shopping allowance. Is boys simpin & trickin heavy like dat, with all this inflation?

I was looking to shack up and keep some in-house, but Iím just gonna go monk mode. Trying to cut bills not add them.
Thats crazy that niccaz either married or monk mode.

I ain't made I dropped about $200 on date this weekend and went to San Diego this month. I couldn't cheat if I wanted too cause it cost too much to date in '24. I saw a baddie at the gym checkin me out and I didn't even holla cause I kept doing an cost analysis in my head.
+7   

4 weeks ago '15        #16
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 151714 151 K  Slaps total: 8604 8 K
I will pay a mortgage. If a bi#ch moves in she needs to pay the utilities and her own bills. We can split the groceries. If she’s a good woman I will do sh1t like pay for certain sh1t she likes to do so she doesn’t have to. But none of the sh1t I mentioned is just some given. Women have forgotten the art of showing a man they are keepers. You don’t get to move in without showing you are of serious value to my life and that sh1t starts with me not paying for sh1t unless I invited you somewhere and I just feel like occasionally being generous with other sh1t.
+4   

4 weeks ago '14        #17
 Kewop Decam said 🔗
Most people split bills. The people claiming they wonít canít because theyíre alone.

Donít let social media fool you into think it is a real representation of the world.
Im starting to see it in the real world though. I was on hinge swiping and it was literally in a few girlsí profiles. My ex believed in the whole stay at home mom thing too since her mom did it
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #18
OG Leno317 
Props total: 9774 9 K  Slaps total: 1316 1 K
I pay all the bills cause I can happily afford to. After all bills are paid i put 10% into my 401k and still have money to save.

Wifey is a dental hygienist and she just pays for our vacations and leisure sh1t. It works for us and everyone is happy
+5   

4 weeks ago '15        #19
AdRock 
Props total: 18900 18 K  Slaps total: 3019 3 K
 Kewop Decam said 🔗
Most people split bills. The people claiming they won’t can’t because they’re alone.

Don’t let social media fool you into think it is a real representation of the world.
Don’t let social media fool you into believing everyone who is single, is incapable of finding someone lol
Some people are actually capable of being independent and a lot happier that way.
There’s a couple down the hall from me, stuck together and fu#king hate each other. Constantly battling in public spaces and sh1t bc they’re caught up together financially and can’t afford not to be. fu#k all of that.
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #20
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 59060 59 K  Slaps total: 8498 8 K
I’ve been in it all 100/0 50/50 0/100

Currently in 100/0 but she’s about to finish medical school so I’ll milk her degree later

Anyway, it doesn’t matter really

What matters most is will the woman follow your program without resistance

If not, you should be rejecting them no matter how much you are or are not paying
+8   

4 weeks ago '04        #21
mims820  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1109 1 K  Slaps total: 141 141
 Bigboi781 said 🔗
Can someone help me understand who isnít splitting bills in this economy?

Common topic in the black community is that men should pay all the bills and women should take care of the house without spending anything. Man, Iíve been looking at the housing market in my areaÖÖ goddamn every 3 bedroom is 500k and above. Even with 20% down, itís like 3k a month for the mortgage. So imagine things like insurance, car note, groceries, schooling for kids, electricity, heating, etc. So how in the heck are people expecting one person to pay all the bills especially if itís a family beyond just husband and wife? What do prices around yall look like? And overall thoughts because Iím honestly not seeing how itís reasonably possible unless youíre making 300k yearly
Moving in with my girl in July.

She owns her condo.

I had (and still have part-time) an online business but last year was the. worst year of my professional life. I got a full-time position with a little help from her and Ive gotten back on my feet quite a bit. Moving in with her, she'll continue paying her mortgage and condo association fees, and I'll shell out for the main bills + my regular stuff (car/insurance) and split groceries, etc.

She's a real one.
+5   

4 weeks ago '04        #22
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 137548 137 K  Slaps total: 8821 8 K
I've been with my wife 25 years 20 married, at first I was the breadwinner, now I'm out of them streets and on disability vet pay, not great but decent. I do the mortgage, cable and cell bill plus a few odds and ends, she does every thing else plus when we go out she pays for everything and if she wants footwear I get footwear when I was struggling she held us down ten plus years.
It works. My mortgage is only 600 and I don't live in a bad part of the city at all, my total payout a month is a stack
+4   

4 weeks ago '08        #23
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 55573 55 K  Slaps total: 4419 4 K
 Bigboi781 said 🔗
Im starting to see it in the real world though. I was on hinge swiping and it was literally in a few girlsí profiles. My ex believed in the whole stay at home mom thing too since her mom did it
Hinge. Tinder, etc is also social media basically. They can ask to be stay at home moms, but the economy is only allowing less than 25% of women that luxury.
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #24
HARBINGER  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 43868 43 K  Slaps total: 12815 12 K
 daluckychild said 🔗

if you been married the whole time you would hate being single over 30. That doesn't equate to everyone else feeling the same
+3   

4 weeks ago '19        #25
Shenanagans  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 15974 15 K  Slaps total: 1883 1 K
I split bills with my girl bc I moved in her house but I still have my apartment. I dont know if sh1t gonna go sideways yet so I'm keeping my sh1t. When I feel comfortable I'll get rid of my apartment and pay all the bills there but until then...
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+10917
Image(s) inside Simpson meme describes the modern day gym :yaohah:
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+2415
Video inside Baron Davis on NBA Players Getting Extorted, Robbed, & Shot at in Los A..
206 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-6611
The reality of you dudes that think you look ďyoung for your ageĒ
86 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jun 23 - Trump says he's going to give Police full immunity no matter w..
165 comments
1 day ago
@news