online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

May 23 - Palm Beach housekeepers are making $150k due to massive demand from the wealthy

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '11        #1
2572 page views
49 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x72
Props total: 228758 228 K  Slaps total: 29794 29 K
icon May 23 - Palm Beach housekeepers are making $150k due to massive demand from the wealthy

KEY POINTS
-The mass wealth migration to Florida from New York and other high-tax states has created record demand for household staff in elite Florida enclaves — especially Palm Beach.
-A shortage of housekeepers for wealthy homes and elite hotels has led to a surge in hourly wages.
-“I have been placing staff for 30 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this,” said April Berube, founder of The Wellington Agency.

Housekeepers in Palm Beach and South Florida are cleaning up, with salaries often topping $150,000 and bidding wars between mansion owners becoming common, according to staffing companies.

The mass wealth migration to Florida from New York and other high-tax states has created record demand for household staff in elite Florida enclaves — especially Palm Beach. Demand for butlers (now called “hospitality managers” or “estate managers”) as well as nannies, chefs, drivers and personal security has surged, according to staffing agencies.

It’s the shortage of housekeepers, however, that has created the biggest mess for wealthy homeowners. Many of the wealthy emigres to Florida bought big homes and now need people to clean them. Hotels, resorts and businesses are also vying for cleaning staff. The result: Typical pay for housekeepers has rocketed from about $25 an hour in 2020 to $45 or $50 an hour today, according to some agencies.

“I have been placing staff for 30 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this,” said April Berube, founder of The Wellington Agency, which places household staff in Palm Beach, Miami, New York and other locations. “We’ve seen such a boom from people relocating, especially Palm Beach and Miami.”

In Palm Beach, housekeepers with experience in wealthy homes are typically making between $120,000 and $150,000 a year, along with 401(k) plans, health care and benefits, including overtime.

“For housekeepers it’s wonderful,” Berube said. “For us it’s extremely difficult. It’s a severe shortage.”

Melissa Psitos, founder of Lily Pond Services, said she recently had a Florida client hoping to hire a housekeeper for $75,000 a year. They ended up paying $110,000, which was reasonable for the market. Executive housekeepers, who often help direct a staff of other housekeepers and laundresses, can make even more. Psitos said she knows one head housekeeper in Palm Beach who makes $250,000 a year, including overtime, and travels with the family to their various homes.

“There is just not enough supply,” she said.

Bidding wars between wealthy homeowners have become common. Staffing agencies are posting “Help Wanted” ads all over the web and throughout West Palm Beach. Clients are growing frustrated.

“At first they’re in shock, and they say, ‘No way I’m paying that,’” Berube said. “It’s even uncomfortable for me to give them the numbers. But when they try to hire someone for less, with less experience, they almost always come back to us and say, ‘I learned my lesson. We are willing to pay for the experience.’”

Berube said the housekeepers for the wealthy need highly specific skills — from how to move quietly and unnoticed throughout the house, to how to carefully clean antiques, flatware and fine art and how to properly wash and press fine linens.

“There are specific tools and skills you need to work in fine homes,” she said.

Berube said with so few qualified candidates, she’s thinking of launching a school to teach high-end housekeeping skills and generate more housekeepers.

“I would love to do it, but I don’t have the time, since we’re busy trying to find staff.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2024 .. ve-demand.html
+7   

icon
best
icon
worst
49 comments

4 weeks ago '23        #2
ThesOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 14267 14 K  Slaps total: 2934 2 K
@🔗

This is your opportunity. You’re welcome.

emoji
+5   

4 weeks ago '06        #3
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 86197 86 K  Slaps total: 23139 23 K
What wrong with that
emoji

Not an easy job and provided a service people want.

The problem isn't poor people whos actually working making more money
+11   

4 weeks ago '14        #4
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 209242 209 K  Slaps total: 48889 48 K
Housekeeping is a good side hustle
+5   

4 weeks ago '21        #5
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 71335 71 K  Slaps total: 19737 19 K
Shiiiiet we just picked up services. Bi-weekly at $150 a pop
emoji
+8   

4 weeks ago '04        #6
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 48265 48 K  Slaps total: 7756 7 K
Consuela eatin gud
+22   

4 weeks ago '19        #7
jlem 
Props total: 23182 23 K  Slaps total: 721 721
I'm telling you, having a great housekeeper is a blessing. Especially if you're busy with other stuff.

Ours comes twice a month and it's the greatest thing ever. We're not messy to begin with but work they're done the place looks like a museum and you don't wanna touch nothing.

emoji

We have a big glass enclosed shower and when its cleaned it looks like it's not even there.

emoji
+30   

4 weeks ago '22        #8
Demencio Benson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 60964 60 K  Slaps total: 6520 6 K
 xbossxplayax said 🔗
Consuela eatin gud
Racist a$s sh1t.

Like they don’t have all races of housekeepers.

emoji

@🔗 decimate his racist ass.

emoji

4 weeks ago '15        #9
isthistobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x130
Props total: 117043 117 K  Slaps total: 14004 14 K
Do you pick your housekeeper for $150k?
+5   

4 weeks ago '24        #10
Who you 
Props total: 790 790  Slaps total: 500 500
 Tlatoani said 🔗
Shiiiiet we just picked up services. Bi-weekly at $150 a pop
emoji

Thats cheap.
+4   

4 weeks ago '17        #11
QdobaCasanova 
Props total: 75650 75 K  Slaps total: 15934 15 K
I like the way you formatted this.

4 weeks ago '16        #12
Deamize 
Props total: 2368 2 K  Slaps total: 1016 1 K
If you Lucky to get a good decent family to work for, the amount of crap those folks of to deal with on top of demand of time, Feeling constant pressure, rich temper tantrums and the constant feeling of being replaced; you would just want to kill them. A lot of people don’t see people as people remember that especially at 150k.
+4   

4 weeks ago '04        #13
D. Norman 
Props total: 7666 7 K  Slaps total: 3728 3 K
They do a little something when the wife is at Pilates class and the husband is home
+4   

4 weeks ago '13        #14
NoYouWantFindMe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4792 4 K  Slaps total: 734 734
 strungout said 🔗
Housekeeping is a good side hustle
Not a side hustle, it's a full time job and not as easy as it looks when the client is snobby and wealthy.
+17   

4 weeks ago '20        #15
kingmemarley 
Props total: 1971 1 K  Slaps total: 308 308
 ThesOne said 🔗
@🔗

This is your opportunity. You’re welcome.

emoji
emoji

4 weeks ago '15        #16
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 150686 150 K  Slaps total: 8551 8 K
Damn. I need to spin up a cleaning company.
+2   

4 weeks ago '16        #17
Dick Armey 
Props total: 14940 14 K  Slaps total: 5771 5 K
sh1t i got some fabuloso and gloves, where i sign up
emoji

im not tryna play no diddy games tho
+17   

4 weeks ago '04        #18
tnice 
Props total: 45741 45 K  Slaps total: 1809 1 K
"My new crib in Alpharetta, it got hundreds in it
Felt sorry for my maid, I gave that girl a raise
She say you got too many chains: I be cleaning for days (Snow)
200 inch it screen take up the whole wall
And when I send my bi#ch to shop, she get the whole mall"
+3   

4 weeks ago '22        #19
VirgilSlangblow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 10459 10 K  Slaps total: 905 905
Capitalist society eating itself alive.

4 weeks ago '15        #20
mrwoodside 
Props total: 20357 20 K  Slaps total: 2931 2 K
Easy Money…

4 weeks ago '19        #21
JONATL12 
Props total: 1465 1 K  Slaps total: 79 79
And that sh1t prolly tax free because i know they only getting paid cash
+2   

4 weeks ago '22        #22
Demencio Benson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 60964 60 K  Slaps total: 6520 6 K
 Mattnutz114 said 🔗
Yes, poor Consuela. God forbid she gets a job making 150k a year. We should not be racist and know white people can be housekeepers too right? Let’s make sure Consuela doesn’t have this beyond lucrative opportunity… let Karen compete too.

Let me guess - white people can be professional athletes too? Stop hiring the people who are talented at the game because it’s “racist” to fit them into a job based on skin color, despite typically performing at an elite level.

Insane take by you…
I’m not white Chad so fu#k you and Karen.

emoji

emoji
+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #23
Cuttysark 
Props total: 76246 76 K  Slaps total: 5859 5 K
 Tobinmont said 🔗
Damn. I need to spin up a cleaning company.
That's all I read
emoji
+4   

4 weeks ago '22        #24
Zone3CP Burner 
Props total: 18767 18 K  Slaps total: 1322 1 K
My Ecuadorian chick I met in Orlando at the city walk, breast feeding some rich MF’s kid in west palm beach. A bi pudgy freak. Nothing to brag about.

She getting paid 110K.

I didn’t believe it till she pulled up at my homies westgate timeshare the next day.

Last edited by Zone3CP Burner; 05-23-2024 at 10:43 PM..

4 weeks ago '04        #25
7twelve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 71687 71 K  Slaps total: 14669 14 K
That's dope. Salute to them.

I bet the bosses be on some ho stuff so at least they getting paid
+3   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+1715
Chris Brown Took Your PAWG Dawgg?
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+1613
Video inside The real reason “Moesha” was cancelled..
62 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
props+286
KRS one said anyone who downplays latinos role in hip hop are stupid
223 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dame Dash: “Paid in full was the reason behind Camron getting shot in D..
66 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop