online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Seinfeld Star Michael Richards Still Doesn’t Expect Forgiveness For Racist Rant

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 weeks ago '18        #1
3137 page views
98 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x268
Props total: 337125 337 K  Slaps total: 10648 10 K
icon Seinfeld Star Michael Richards Still Doesn’t Expect Forgiveness For Racist Rant

"It's been almost two decades since Michael Richards' career fell off a cliff. The comedic actor won three Emmys for his portrayal of fan-favorite character Cosmo Kramer on Seinfeld, but he's barely been seen on screen since he was caught on video in 2006 unleashing a racist, slur-filled rant at hecklers during a stand-up set at the Laugh Factory.

In his new memoir, Entrances and Exits, Richards opens up about the incident and his journey since. However, he's emphasizing that the book isn't an attempt at a career resurgence, but rather a way to share his perspective. "I'm not looking for a comeback," he said in a new interview with PEOPLE.

Reflecting on the moment, Richards recalled feeling instant regret during his Laugh Factory rant. "I was immediately sorry the moment I said it on stage," he told the outlet.

He continued, "My anger was all over the place, and it came through hard and fast. Anger is quite a force. But it happened. Rather than run from it, I dove into the deep end and tried to learn from it. It hasn’t been easy."

Richards said his crisis managers wanted him to do damage control. "But as far as I was concerned," he told PEOPLE, "the damage was inside of me."

But the 74-year-old actor wanted to make something clear: "I'm not racist," he said, referring to the fateful night that quickly tarnished his reputation. "I have nothing against Black people. The man who told me I wasn’t funny had just said what I’d been saying to myself for a while. I felt put down. I wanted to put him down."

Since that moment, Richards said, he has embarked upon a 17-year journey of "deep analysis" to find out "where all the anger was coming from." He added that some of that ire stemmed from his own insecurities. Richards learned that his mother, who single-handedly raised him, originally wanted an abortion but at the time the procedure was illegal.

As a result, “Somehow I couldn’t connect to the joy of being an artist," he said, referring to his time as Cosmo Kramer on Seinfeld. "I was a good character actor, but I was comfortable being the character, not in being me.”

Unresolved anxieties also prompted Richards to pass on other opportunities, which included a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame because, he said, "I didn’t feel deserving,” and two offers to host Saturday Night Live because "I didn’t feel good enough."

"I was never really satisfied with my Seinfeld performance," he admitted to PEOPLE. "Fame magnified my insecurities.”

Richards has continued "learning and healing, healing and learning," he said. "But life is always an up and a down. I continue to work through the day and the night, the light and the dark that I am."

Richards will open up more about his life and career in his new memoir, Entrances and Exits, out June 4."

https://ew.com/seinfeld-s .. mpaign=4751648
+8   

icon
best
icon
worst
98 comments

3 weeks ago '13        #2
diamondsxmoney 
Props total: 32273 32 K  Slaps total: 1363 1 K
Lol sure
+36   

3 weeks ago '16        #3
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 101103 101 K  Slaps total: 9048 9 K
How comes all of these morons think that they aren't racist?

Even after they've done something rooted in racist thinking they deny their evident racism.
+59   

3 weeks ago '15        #4
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 68802 68 K  Slaps total: 27563 27 K
i can't believe its been 17 years.
+51   

3 weeks ago '20        #5
kingmemarley 
Props total: 1971 1 K  Slaps total: 308 308
I forgive him but I don't forget

Everything I read in this post is 100% focused on his personal experience and doesn't address the damage he did to the black community.

He reinforced negative stereotypes and never connected to the people he supposedly does not hate to make ammends.

His racism was public, and he apologized for a public situation. How many times did he say those words in private?

emoji
+31   

3 weeks ago '05        #6
HARBINGER  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 43553 43 K  Slaps total: 12774 12 K
... ..

🔗

meanwhile..seem like folk let Mel Gibson rock btw

+14   

3 weeks ago '13        #7
TheWAVEment 
Props total: 19791 19 K  Slaps total: 3160 3 K
 HARBINGER said 🔗
... ..

↪🔗

Mel Gibson is embraced by the MAGA/red pill weirdos and folks who blame jewish ppl for everything
+14   

3 weeks ago '11        #8
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 49981 49 K  Slaps total: 2740 2 K
if i read it correctly, they been trying to get him back he just chose not too?
that is hollyweird for you.
emoji
+20   

3 weeks ago '21        #9
Keithf87 
Props total: 37361 37 K  Slaps total: 1716 1 K
*Here for the .gifs
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #10
King757  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 365 365  Slaps total: 64 64
 HARBINGER said 🔗
... ..

↪🔗

https://youtu.be/kFLU2RJevMA?si=LhNKcHHxHkQn4UTw
+1   

3 weeks ago '09        #11
Puppet Master  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 104794 104 K  Slaps total: 28190 28 K
Seinfeld is the 2nd most overrated show ever, 1st is Friends
+14   

3 weeks ago '16        #12
King757  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 365 365  Slaps total: 64 64
🔗

3 weeks ago '16        #13
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51209 51 K  Slaps total: 5625 5 K
Me personally, I think black people in America have dine enough forgiving to last a millenia. We need to start doing less forgiving and more holding people accountable.
+36   

3 weeks ago '20        #14
SaltyPretzel 
Props total: 1404 1 K  Slaps total: 306 306
Yet the Seinfeld isn't "CANCELED " and he still receives royalty checks ��

+19   

3 weeks ago '24        #15
LeTtER 
Props total: 258 258  Slaps total: 65 65
Being angry doesn't make you say racist things being a racist does.
+39   

3 weeks ago '04        #16
mt fuji 
Props total: 12626 12 K  Slaps total: 1188 1 K
Kramer was my favorite character. I used to love Seinfeld. Never could watch another episode after that sh1t.
+5   

3 weeks ago '20        #17
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 25164 25 K  Slaps total: 3542 3 K
 Negusis said 🔗
Me personally, I think black people in America have dine enough forgiving to last a millenia. We need to start doing less forgiving and more holding people accountable.
Yt man's Bible taught blk folk to forgive yt folk for the brutality of slavery. Although I r@ped you, beat you, destroy your culture, destroyed you family the good book says you must forgive me for those sins or YOU won't make it to heaven.

+12   

3 weeks ago '20        #18
Lurkcobain 
Props total: 5383 5 K  Slaps total: 645 645
Budddy let that sh1t out like it was pent up his whole lifetime at that show lol. Waiting to exhale ahh nih.
+6   

3 weeks ago '22        #19
Mainman301  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 11070 11 K  Slaps total: 4261 4 K
Always thought George was the funniest person on that show. Was used to give people the side eye who told me Kramer was funnier.

And this was before he racist rant
+9   

3 weeks ago '16        #20
supa HF spitta 
Props total: 3512 3 K  Slaps total: 1829 1 K
 HARBINGER said 🔗
... ..

↪🔗

Hulk Hogan too
emoji
+7   

3 weeks ago '15        #21
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 150249 150 K  Slaps total: 8526 8 K
 Negusis said 🔗
We cook our own and hold grudges. fu#k forgiving this type of sh1t. Can’t see it.
+8   

3 weeks ago '04        #22
eazyvaboy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 60737 60 K  Slaps total: 2815 2 K
F*ck him. He think he the first person to get heckled.

Being racist is the only thing that can bring this out.

🔗

Last edited by eazyvaboy; 05-23-2024 at 05:33 AM..
+9   

3 weeks ago '22        #23
lovetalkgames 
Props total: 11766 11 K  Slaps total: 2460 2 K
Even though as a comedy fan I do understand why he went the direction he did after being heckled…

But I try to practice letting mfs hang when they use black ppl as a punchline in any way that isn’t tasteful or out of love. So many other races and creeds do the same and you know what? It makes ppl tread lightly.

3 weeks ago '10        #24
Kofi  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 40067 40 K  Slaps total: 3261 3 K
He doesnt care and aint worried trust
+5   

3 weeks ago '24        #25
Mixbag 
Props total: 9857 9 K  Slaps total: 2644 2 K
 HARBINGER said 🔗
... ..

↪🔗

That’s cuz he lets his wife get fu#ked by a park of wild n1ggas

I couldn’t be mad at Mel that sh1t had me
emoji
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Video inside Benny the butcher pulls up to nome 14 in a rolls-royce cullinan!!
45 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+7167
Video inside How Many Tattoos U Got? 17. Do They Taste Good?
99 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+1940
Video inside RICK ROSS: "Jay-Z Was Not That Guy, Pal" | Joe Rogan & Freeway Rick Ross
104 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5222
Video inside Timbaland fixing Kanye's drums on Stronger
40 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop