online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Tesla's Storing Unsold Inventory In An Abandoned Mall Parking Lot

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

1 month ago '16        #1
1636 page views
20 comments

00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 101284 101 K  Slaps total: 9062 9 K
icon Tesla's Storing Unsold Inventory In An Abandoned Mall Parking Lot

Parking lots full of Tesla vehicles are becoming impossible to ignore as the electric automaker seemingly can’t sell enough cars and trucks to match its rate of production. According to its own figures, the electric automaker produced 46,561 more vehicles than it delivered to customers during the first quarter of 2024. Where are all these cars going? Parking lots at its factories, malls and airports.

The Chesterfield Mall, about 20 miles west of St. Louis, has become an overflow lot for Tesla. Emblematic of American retail’s current state, the mall is slated to be demolished and replaced with a $2 billion mixed-use project. The Staenberg Group, the mall’s owner, is eking out the last drops of revenue before the mall’s remaining tenants have to move out on August 31. Tim Lowe, a Staenberg Group senior vice president, told KTVI:

“We put a plan together to try and create alternate uses that would kind be able to use some of the remaining life left in the mall before we tear it down. One of those uses was allowing people to use the parking lot for different things.”

“One of our users happens to be Tesla, who does have a dealership in the [Chesterfield] Valley, but does not have enough capacity at the dealership to park all of the cars they are bringing in. So they are renting space within the parking lot to store their cars.”

Lowe estimates that there are at least 300 Tesla vehicles parked at the Chesterfield Mall. However, Tesla isn’t slowing down production, Recent drone footage from the automaker’s Fremont, California factory shows that cars are still rolling off the assembly lines at a high rate to fill the site’s lots. Things aren’t different on the other side of the Atlantic. Neuhardenberg, a small town in Germany of less than 3,000 residents, is complaining about the noise Tesla transporters are making as the company parks cars at the nearby regional airport.

Along with having to store ten percent of the vehicles it builds, Tesla also laid off ten percent of its workforce. The Cybertruck is also proving to be a nightmare for many of the owners who decided to take the plunge on the divisive electric pickup, including a warrant that covers coolant leaks for the first 35 miles.

https://autos.yahoo.com/t .. 174500896.html
+2   

icon
best
icon
worst
20 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Funke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 27119 27 K  Slaps total: 4626 4 K
This is normal. You should see GM Inventory lots. There all over the place.
+8   

1 month ago '23        #3
Blazin740 
Props total: 1830 1 K  Slaps total: 230 230
Yeah this is normal practice car dealers rent places to store unsold sh1t all the times
+2   

1 month ago '15        #4
AlmightySae 
Props total: 9457 9 K  Slaps total: 1661 1 K
Explains the .99% APR deal they got going for the model Y’s through end of May.
+1   

1 month ago '10        #5
sofreshgfx 
Props total: 1522 1 K  Slaps total: 161 161
id buy an older model they just got sitting around but I know they price would not be right
+1   

1 month ago '16        #6
B86 
Props total: 29784 29 K  Slaps total: 6929 6 K
 sofreshgfx said 🔗
id buy an older model they just got sitting around but I know they price would not be right
Teslas are crazy cheap right now. Especially if you owe taxes at the end of the year because you can still get the $7500 energy credit.
+2   

1 month ago '05        #7
beast14  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4209 4 K  Slaps total: 1131 1 K
 Funke said 🔗
This is normal. You should see GM Inventory lots. There all over the place.
Sorry meant to prop
+2   

1 month ago '04        #8
skillahmang 
Props total: 86973 86 K  Slaps total: 16705 16 K
Tesla hater syndrome is nuts
+1   

1 month ago '11        #9
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 70565 70 K  Slaps total: 2983 2 K
Funny as hell they slapped the first guy and propped the second guy after he said the exact same thing

There are a lot of inventory lots.
Thats where the car haling truck drivers pick ya sh1t up at before it goes to the dealership.

There are a lot of teslas on the road though. Cyber truck is about to flood the streets soon, Ive seen 2 in peson so far.
+2   

1 month ago '07        #10
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x91
Props total: 146357 146 K  Slaps total: 22569 22 K
i used to say i never see a Tesla

but then i moved by two major city arteries

now i see them all the time

crazy how you always know it's one

Elon didn't hurt the Tesla image one bit

1 month ago '19        #11
jlem 
Props total: 23222 23 K  Slaps total: 724 724
Not really that big of a deal.

We have a mall here that rents out part of their parking lot to other businesses to park their fleet cars.

It's a brilliant idea actually. Malls are typically only full during the weekend or upcoming holidays. Lots are empty for the most part. Why not rent the space and create another form of revenue.

emoji

1 month ago '04        #12
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x30
Props total: 97148 97 K  Slaps total: 18519 18 K
 yola said 🔗

Elon didn't hurt the Tesla image one bit
Oh yes he did
Plus the whole charging network is in limbo after he laid off everybody

1 month ago '07        #13
 Javon23 said 🔗
Oh yes he did
nah, you're in an echo chamber

5 years ago, i used to say how i never saw any Teslas

now i live downtown, right on a major street

and i see Teslas every single day now

both parked and driving

Tesla sales are up

1 month ago '04        #14
 yola said 🔗

Tesla sales are up
Dude really just ignored what I posted.
Multiple sources confirming Telsa sales are down

1 month ago '07        #15
 Javon23 said 🔗
Dude really just ignored what I posted.
dude really just posted a bunch of tweets instead of trying to engage someone in conversation

because you weren't talking to me, you just posted a bunch of rhetoric from other sources, you don't know how to express yourself or communicate

sounds like you're confused too, you think you can just barf up links and have everybody go do homework

learn some humility and social skills, here's why i didn't read your struggle links

Tesla sales by year

2021 301,998
2022 536,069
2023 670,000

aaaand first quarter 2024 puts them on pace to match last year

2024 157,499

in fact, the first 3 months of 2024 are above every single year except last year

↪🔗

sales are up no matter how many little goofy echo-chamber tweets you post

emoji
think next time you go quoting me and and replying like a child

1 month ago '04        #16
 yola said 🔗
dude really just posted a bunch of tweets instead of trying to engage someone in conversation

because you weren't talking to me, you just posted a bunch of rhetoric from other sources, you don't know how to express yourself or communicate

sounds like you're confused too, you think you can just barf up links and have everybody go do homework

learn some humility and social skills, here's why i didn't read your struggle links

Tesla sales by year

2021 301,998
2022 536,069
2023 670,000

aaaand first quarter 2024 puts them on pace to match last year

2024 157,499

in fact, the first 3 months of 2024 are above every single year except last year

↪🔗

sales are up no matter how many little goofy echo-chamber tweets you post

emoji
think next time you go quoting me and and replying like a child
Typical child who don't understand facts or stocks from legit sources.
Go finish your chores.

The Facts Again

Tesla shares were down 3.5% on Thursday, falling about 30% this year.
Slowing growth in EV demand and tough competition have hit demand for Tesla's vehicles. Its sales grew 38% in 2023, below the long-term annual growth target of 50% and Tesla warned in January that growth in deliveries would be notably lower this year. Tesla posted its first year-on-year sales drop in nearly four years during the January to March period this year.
In a bid to restructure, Tesla laid off over 10% of its staff this year, including disbanding the Supercharger team.
The 2023 impact report also showed Tesla's fast-charging network had an uptime of 99.97%, the highest in at least five years. However, some analysts and former employees have warned the division's performance could suffer due to the layoffs.
Tesla also did not compare the diversity of its workers to other companies in the report and it no longer states that a majority of its employees are from underrepresented groups.
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #17
senimsilla 
Props total: 12092 12 K  Slaps total: 423 423
I just picked up a Model Y Performance yesterday. I took advantage of the .99 financing with the 7500 dollar instant tax credit. The car is awesome and quick. FYI, Tesla sales are doing just fine.

I picked mine up in Tysons Corner, VA and the place was packed. There were quite a few of us taking delivery as well, to include a Cyber Truck.

Tesla rents lots all the time for inventory. I purchased my car off inventory because I found one to my spec and didn't want to wait for one to be built.

Last edited by senimsilla; 05-26-2024 at 08:51 AM..
+2   

3 weeks ago '23        #18
Yopa 
Props total: 21215 21 K  Slaps total: 8685 8 K
🔗

Drop the price by 10k & sales will increase

3 weeks ago '20        #19
And Then antien 
Props total: 1448 1 K  Slaps total: 315 315
 Blazin740 said 🔗
Yeah this is normal practice car dealers rent places to store unsold sh1t all the times
Another untapped real estate market in our community

3 weeks ago '07        #20
OVERLORD 
Props total: 42658 42 K  Slaps total: 11462 11 K
sell that sh1t to me at production cost

2 weeks ago '18        #21
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 150129 150 K  Slaps total: 8462 8 K
 yola said 🔗
nah, you're in an echo chamber

5 years ago, i used to say how i never saw any Teslas

now i live downtown, right on a major street

and i see Teslas every single day now

both parked and driving

Tesla sales are up
Might be taxis bro. I see a lot of places renting ppl teslas for livery cabs in nyc. No way they buying these joints brand new. I wouldn't correlate seeing them with sales

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2427
Video inside Baron Davis on NBA Players Getting Extorted, Robbed, & Shot at in Los A..
210 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+1710
Rapper Julio Foolio has passed away while celebrating his birthday at a Holida..
152 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+11210
Image(s) inside Simpson meme describes the modern day gym :yaohah:
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+7410
Whole Industry Turned They Back On Drake