online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Sales of PS5 Exclusives FF XVI, VII Rebirth, and Foamstars All Failed to Meet Expectations

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

5 days ago '05        #1
558 page views
56 comments

Krazie 
Props total: 69966 69 K  Slaps total: 14043 14 K
icon Sales of PS5 Exclusives FF XVI, VII Rebirth, and Foamstars All Failed to Meet Expectations

Sales of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Final Fantasy XVI and Foamstars — all released exclusively for Sony Group Corp.'s PlayStation in the previous fiscal year — fell short of the Japanese game publisher's expectations in both revenue and profit, Takashi Kiryu told analysts the previous day. The company now expects to earn an operating income of ¥40 billion this year, widely missing the average of analyst estimates of ¥57 billion. Its sales and dividend outlook also fell short of expectations.
 https://www.bloomberg.com .. n-weak-outlook

Square Enix said:
-FF16 sales fell short of expectations. Initial momentum was in line with expectations, but the games failed to reach FY goal as its momentum slowed. No updates from sales number last announced at 3 million
-FF7 Rebirth sales fell short of expectations. Initial momentum didn't reach an internal target. No sales number to share
-Foamstars fell short of expectations. Initial momentum didn't reach an internal target. No sales number to share
+3   

icon
best
icon
worst
56 comments

5 days ago '04        #2
kalico17  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6418 6 K  Slaps total: 822 822
Still gotta finish rebirth

Also started a Ng+ run of 16, gotta go back for that dlc
+2   

5 days ago '04        #3
CrAkKedOuT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27991 27 K  Slaps total: 4880 4 K
They ever going to release the numbers they expected to sell

5 days ago '16        #4
supa HF spitta 
Props total: 3285 3 K  Slaps total: 1754 1 K
I think the 3rd portion of FF7 will still launch as a timed exclusive due to existing contract obligations.

But as far as everything else being made from SE will be multiplat

Quite surprised they didn't get bought out by sony after all this time. I remember there were even rumors saying that the reason why they sold crystal dynamics was in preparation for a buyout.

5 days ago '22        #5
God Bless You 
Props total: 29108 29 K  Slaps total: 24640 24 K
xbox only selling 400k consoles last quarter got these yt dudes on here STRESSED

emoji

5 days ago '10        #6
KJHARDY 
Props total: 36933 36 K  Slaps total: 4816 4 K
Xbox stanleys get the same treatment.

Who cares about sales?

We got all y'all exclusives.
emoji
+2   

5 days ago '06        #7
Triple0 
Props total: 2230 2 K  Slaps total: 685 685
from the tweet you shared "Also, sales of Rebirth and Foamstars aren't necessarily bad."
+3   

5 days ago '23        #8
Kahlua  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 25995 25 K  Slaps total: 16788 16 K

That Takashi dude obsessed with PlayStation
+2   

5 days ago '24        #9
DaKrazie1 
Props total: 111 111  Slaps total: 132 132
 Kahlua said 🔗
↪🔗
Yeah he does this with every SE game. Been forced to issue corrections every time after SE earnings reports.

He got a serious obsession.

5 days ago '05        #10
Y.G. 
Props total: 35633 35 K  Slaps total: 6121 6 K
 Kahlua said 🔗
↪🔗
 DaKrazie1 said 🔗
Yeah he does this with every SE game. Been forced to issue corrections every time after SE earnings reports.

He got a serious obsession.
The guy tweeting is quoting the Bloomberg article. Be mad at them, not him.
emoji
+1   

5 days ago '24        #11
Winningteam 
Props total: 10 10  Slaps total: 29 29
emoji

5 days ago '23        #12
Kahlua  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x60
Props total: 25995 25 K  Slaps total: 16788 16 K
 Y.G. said 🔗
emoji
He wrote the article bruh

5 days ago '05        #13
Y.G. 
 Kahlua said 🔗
He wrote the article bruh
Just reinforces the point. There's a difference between a guy sharing his thoughts on a Twitter versus reporting on what was said during a earnings call. Bloomberg also isn't the only source repeating this (there would have been multiple analysts on the call). If you think dude is lying, you can always pull the earnings call tr@nscript and debunk Bloomberg yourself.
emoji

5 days ago '24        #14
DaKrazie1 
 Y.G. said 🔗
emoji
The guy tweeting is the author of the bloomberg article. He's well known on the business side of the industry as having a weird vendetta against Sony and Square Enix. Repeatedly mis-reports data and makes claims about the companies expectations and sales goals without anything to back up his statements.

5 days ago '24        #15
DaKrazie1 
 Y.G. said 🔗
Just reinforces the point. There's a difference between a guy sharing his thoughts on a Twitter versus reporting on what was said during a earnings call. Bloomberg also isn't the only source repeating this (there would have been multiple analysts on the call). If you think dude is lying, you can always pull the earnings call tr@nscript and debunk Bloomberg yourself.
emoji
Here's the report and minutes of the call. Nobody ever says anything about the expectations and performance of the FF games. Only that they were the primary growth drivers for the year.

↪🔗

Starting to feel like all the people who post sales/business on here news don't actually follow it or understand how to parse these reports...

5 days ago '05        #16
Y.G. 
 DaKrazie1 said 🔗
Here's the report and minutes of the call. Nobody ever says anything about the expectations and performance of the FF games. Only that they were the primary growth drivers for the year.

↪🔗

Starting to feel like all the people who post sales/business on here news don't actually follow it or understand how to parse these reports...
That's not a tr@nscript of the call, just the quarterly report released to the press.

5 days ago '24        #17
DaKrazie1 
 Y.G. said 🔗
That's not a tr@nscript of the call, just the quarterly report released to the press.
The quarterly report contains minutes of the call. Not a verbatim tr@nscript but a narrative of the discussions had on the call. Minutes cannot be fabricated or omit any material information otherwise its securities fraud.

Nothing in the report says anything about sales expectations or specific sales numbers. Mochizuki is once again stretching the truth for engagement, as he does every quarter. The only other outlets reporting on it cite to Mochizuki. So ultimately he is the only analyst reporting this, despite multiple analysts being on the call.

5 days ago '05        #18
Y.G. 
 DaKrazie1 said 🔗
The quarterly report contains minutes of the call. Not a verbatim tr@nscript but a narrative of the discussions had on the call. Minutes cannot be fabricated or omit any material information otherwise its securities fraud.

Nothing in the report says anything about sales expectations or specific sales numbers. Mochizuki is once again stretching the truth for engagement, as he does every quarter.
I don't care about the minutes of the call. Not sure why you're bringing that up. Also not sure why you're saying an earnings report is also a call tr@nscript.
emoji

Regardless, the earnings report doesn't need to say anything about the games not reaching internal targets. They made money and it's also possible that they didn't make as much money as expected. This is what the article is saying the CEO said on the call. If you think the author is lying, prove it and show the call tr@nscript that backs that up.
emoji
+1   

5 days ago '05        #19
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13029 13 K  Slaps total: 3432 3 K
Sucks for Square Enix, I really enjoyed FFVII Rebirth and FFXVI...which one did you play @🔗
+2   

5 days ago '24        #20
DaKrazie1 
 Y.G. said 🔗
I don't care about the minutes of the call. Not sure why you're bringing that up. Also not sure why you're saying an earnings report is also a call tr@nscript.
emoji

Regardless, the earnings report doesn't need to say anything about the games not reaching internal targets. They made money and it's also possible that they didn't make as much money as expected. This is what the article is saying the CEO said on the call. If you think the author is lying, prove it and show the call tr@nscript that backs that up.
emoji
What? I never said an earnings call is a tr@nscript. I said call minutes are a narrative of what was discussed on the call. They are an official filing that is required to be accurate under various financial regulations in multiple countries. Thus, any material information, such as sales performance must be included if it was discussed.

Sales performance was not included in the minutes, so it was either not discussed, or SE is committing securities fraud in multiple countries.

There is no tr@nscript of the call. The only source of info we have is the annual report that contains the meeting minutes.

Also me proving the author wrong is not how proof works. He made an assertion, yet the available source of information that could support his assertion, doesn't.

My guess is you probably have little to no experience in the corporate world based on your replies and interpretation of this information.

5 days ago '13        #21
diamondsxmoney 
Props total: 31891 31 K  Slaps total: 1353 1 K
Watching whatculturegaming vid on this rn. Square Enix has so many other ip and series that they can use but they choose not to. And nobody told thier asses to make ff7 remake a fu#king trilogy lol.

And you know they gonna make that sh1t with all them combined when the last part comes out, so most people are thinking why buy now when they can wait for the full experience, at a later date, for a cheaper price than all 3 games separately. Just not smart business practices

Them n1ggas made foamstars instead of another chrono game lol come on man.

Last edited by diamondsxmoney; 05-15-2024 at 07:47 AM..

5 days ago '05        #22
Y.G. 
 DaKrazie1 said 🔗
What? I never said an earnings call is a tr@nscript. I said call minutes are a narrative of what was discussed on the call. They are an official filing that is required to be accurate under various financial regulations in multiple countries. Thus, any material information, such as sales performance must be included if it was discussed.

Sales performance was not included in the minutes, so it was either not discussed, or SE is committing securities fraud in multiple countries.

There is no tr@nscript of the call. The only source of info we have is the annual report that contains the meeting minutes.

Also me proving the author wrong is not how proof works. He made an assertion, yet the available source of information that could support his assertion, doesn't.

My guess is you probably have little to no experience in the corporate world based on your replies and interpretation of this information.
Not seeing a summation of the minutes and call topics but regardless, sales performance was mentioned in the report (existing mobile titles are performing weakly).

I'll side with the author since you have no tr@nscript of the call to refute said author's report. Until then, I'll wait for Square to clear up any misinformation, if any, that has been published. Surely they would want to clean that up after their stock got hammered.

5 days ago '24        #23
DaKrazie1 
 Y.G. said 🔗
Not seeing a summation of the minutes and call topics but regardless, sales performance was mentioned in the report (existing mobile titles are performing weakly).

I'll side with the author since you have no tr@nscript of the call to refute said author's report. Until then, I'll wait for Square to clear up any misinformation, if any, that has been published. Surely they would want to clean that up after their stock got hammered.
Minutes begin on page 3 and specifically state:

"In the HD (High-Definition) sub-segment, consolidated net sales for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2024 increased compared with the previous fiscal year due to the release of titles including “FINAL FANTASY XVI,” “FINAL FANTASY PIXEL REMASTER,” “DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince,” and “FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH.” However, operating losses grew due to higher development cost amortization and advertising expenses, as well as higher content valuation losses versus the previous fiscal year."

That's the only time those games are mentioned. There is zero proof of anything that Mochizuki has tweeted regarding sales performance and expectations.

You want me to provide proof, yet you're willing to believe a guy--who has been exposed as a liar regarding this exact topic--without a shred of evidence...

It's almost like asking for proof is just a pretext for you to hate on SE...

5 days ago '05        #24
Y.G. 
 DaKrazie1 said 🔗
Minutes begin on page 3 and specifically state:

"In the HD (High-Definition) sub-segment, consolidated net sales for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2024 increased compared with the previous fiscal year due to the release of titles including “FINAL FANTASY XVI,” “FINAL FANTASY PIXEL REMASTER,” “DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince,” and “FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH.” However, operating losses grew due to higher development cost amortization and advertising expenses, as well as higher content valuation losses versus the previous fiscal year."

That's the only time those games are mentioned. There is zero proof of anything that Mochizuki has tweeted regarding sales performance and expectations.

You want me to provide proof, yet you're willing to believe a guy--who has been exposed as a liar regarding this exact topic--without a shred of evidence...

It's almost like asking for proof is just a pretext for you to hate on SE...
You're the one who needs to provide proof because you're the one making the claim that someone is lying. It's not a hard concept.
emoji

Also not sure why you think everything mentioned on an earnings call would be noted in the earnings report. If an analyst, for example, asks a question, that answer is not required to be noted on the report.

I'm also not sure where you came to the conclusion I want a "pretext to hate on Square."
emoji

I like Square. I'm also not familiar with the author of the Bloomberg article. That being said, if dude lied on the CEO, I'm sure the CEO/Square will come out and set the record straight. And if the CEO or Square says nothing, I'm sure ya'll will have some other excuse cooked up for their games underperforming. It may be a hard truth for you but it is possible that the games aren't selling as well as Square hoped.
emoji

5 days ago '24        #25
DaKrazie1 
 Y.G. said 🔗
You're the one who needs to provide proof because you're the one making the claim that someone is lying. It's not a hard concept.
emoji

Also not sure why you think everything mentioned on an earnings call would be noted in the earnings report. If an analyst, for example, asks a question, that answer is not required to be noted on the report.

I'm also not sure where you came to the conclusion I want a "pretext to hate on Square."
emoji

I like Square. I'm also not familiar with the author of the Bloomberg article. That being said, if dude lied on the CEO, I'm sure the CEO/Square will come out and set the record straight. And if the CEO or Square says nothing, I'm sure ya'll will have some other excuse cooked up for their games underperforming. It may be a hard truth for you but it is possible that the games aren't selling as well as Square hoped.
emoji
nah g that's not how it works. He made the assertion, I said "I don't believe it, there's no proof" and now he has to prove it. That's how burden of proof works.

If the government says "You murdered somebody" and I say "you're lying" the burden isn't on ME to prove that the government is lying it's on THEM to prove they're telling the truth.

And if an analyst asks a question that requires the disclosure of material information, then yes it does need to be included in the minutes of the earnings call. Sales performance is a material issue. This is a very fundamental and noncontroversial corporate compliance concept.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 18 - Nearly All Popeyes Locations in Central Georgia Abruptly Close
100 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+2512
Terrence Howard on Joe Rogan podcast sounding like a crazy person
165 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
props+1219
Realizing your mother used you as a tools for her means to an end