online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

May 14 - mega millions winner sued by family for breaking promise to share $1.35B jackpot

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 weeks ago '09        #1
4308 page views
136 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x106
Props total: 312324 312 K  Slaps total: 33931 33 K
icon May 14 - mega millions winner sued by family for breaking promise to share $1.35B jackpot

https://nypost.com/2024/0 .. -prize-report/

YT

Mo money, mo problems.

A Maine man who won one of the biggest lottery jackpots in American history has been accused of stiffing his family out of their promised share of the loot, including backpedaling on setting up a million-dollar trust fund and covering medical expenses for his father.

The unidentified man – who bought the winning ticket in Lebanon, Maine on Jan. 13 of last year before striking it rich with the $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot – has been in a legal battle with his daughter’s mom since November, when he accused her of violating a non-disclosure agreement by telling the rest of the family about his newfound fortune before their daughter’s 18th birthday in 2032, according to the Independent.

But in new court filings, the mom – identified by a pseudonym, Sara Smith – claims he was the one who spilled the beans about the historic win to his family, not her.

The lucky man’s father buttressed Smith’s claims, saying his son told them about his victory before rattling off all the things he planned to do with the spoils, which the outlet said he collected through an LLC in a lump sum north of $500 million.

“February or March of 2023, my son came to my house … and informed me and my wife that he won a large amount of money in the Maine State Lottery,” his father wrote in the court documents, according to the outlet.

“I understand that my son has stated that he told me nothing about his money ‘other than the simple fact that I had won,’” the dad wrote. “That is not true.”

The father claims he didn’t ask for any money.

But that didn’t stop the newly minted half-billionaire from allegedly making a litany of unsolicited high-dollar promises, including building his dad a garage to fix up old cars, buying his childhood home, setting up a million-dollar trust fund and funding future medical expenses for his dad and stepmom

His son also allegedly demanded he not speak to Smith, his granddaughter’s mother, ever again – which created a rift between the two, the Independent said.

“I told him… ‘You are not the son I knew,’” his dad wrote in the filing. “He got angry, calling me a ‘dictator’ and an ‘a–hole.’ I have not heard from my son since, and he has not done any of [the] things he promised.”

His son described it differently in his own filings

“I made the mistake of telling my father that I had won the lottery without having him sign a confidentiality agreement,” the lotto winner wrote.

“Our relationship deteriorated quickly thereafter,” he continued. “I did not tell him what I was doing with my money, how I was going to benefit my daughter, or any facts other than the simple fact that I had won.”

He also accused his baby mama of trying to reveal his identity to the world, and said she accused him of trying to kidnap their daughter after he wouldn’t pay for a vacation for her and her boyfriend
+10   

icon
best
icon
worst
136 comments

2 weeks ago '23        #2
Yopa 
Props total: 19265 19 K  Slaps total: 7963 7 K
Females can't keep anything on the hush

Last edited by Yopa; 05-14-2024 at 01:06 PM..
+31   

2 weeks ago '13        #3
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29245 29 K  Slaps total: 3245 3 K
I wouldn’t tell anybody but my older brother. Been through a hard life with duke.. Omertà would be the way. 🫰🤌
+44   

2 weeks ago '16        #4
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 91785 91 K  Slaps total: 6784 6 K
emoji
there’s so much wrong this………
+24   

2 weeks ago '24        #5
Mixbag 
Props total: 9099 9 K  Slaps total: 2433 2 K
500 to 600 ms is a lot of money

I could share that with my fam

Especially if I didn’t work for it

Money ain’t sh1t but devil dollars anyway especially the money with slave owners on it..
+71   

2 weeks ago '18        #6
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 101736 101 K  Slaps total: 22985 22 K
That's just greed....sh1t If I had I'd pay it just to make em go away
+46   

2 weeks ago '24        #7
Mixbag 
The fact that the majority of the sum goes to the government is crazy as sh1t

Why the fu#k should lottery winners pay taxes on that money

I much rather them have 2 or 3 winners

The majority in this country is stupid as fu#k
And yall know who I mean by the majority
+39   

2 weeks ago '05        #8
landlord151515  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12340 12 K  Slaps total: 3060 3 K
His money his choice.. If them ppl treated him like sh1t his whole and now they want a hand out then it is what it is.. Love don't cost a thing..

emoji
+26   

2 weeks ago '24        #9
Mixbag 
 landlord151515 said 🔗
His money his choice.. If them ppl treated him like sh1t his whole and now they want a hand out then it is what it is.. Love don't cost a thing..

emoji
He not gonna do sh1t but become either dead or broke

He might as well give his family something

They will either have to take care and or bury his a$s once the money dry up

Some of you will tap dance for money..
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #10
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 28138 28 K  Slaps total: 2900 2 K
 Mixbag said 🔗

It depends on what state you collect, but the reason his "lump sum" was so much smaller than the advertised "jackpot" is because they advertise the annuity amount, not the "lump sum". The lump sum is always around half the size of the annuity. As far as taxes, pretty sure the feds only take 24% and state taxes vary (though here in CA they don't tax lottery winnings).
+7   

2 weeks ago '24        #11
Mixbag 
 WHATEVERMAN said 🔗
It depends on what state you collect, but the reason his "lump sum" was so much smaller than the advertised "jackpot" is because they advertise the annuity amount, not the "lump sum". The lump sum is always around half the size of the annuity. As far as taxes, pretty sure the feds only take 24% and state taxes vary (though here in CA they don't tax lottery winnings).
24 is still to much sh1t
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #12
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 28138 28 K  Slaps total: 2900 2 K
 Mixbag said 🔗
24 is still to much sh1t
Perhaps, but personally when you're talking hundreds of millions of dollars, I really couldn't care less. Besides, it's still a lower percentage then I pay now working a "9 to 5".
+10   

2 weeks ago '24        #13
Mixbag 
 WHATEVERMAN said 🔗
Perhaps, but personally when you're talking hundreds of millions of dollars, I really couldn't care less. Besides, it's still a lower percentage then I pay now working a "9 to 5".
sh1t is a shame

But sh1t I care I can feed more families with than 24 percent

I guess it goes to “taxes”

2 weeks ago '09        #14
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x106 OP
Props total: 312324 312 K  Slaps total: 33931 33 K
 Mixbag said 🔗

cash option is a 67% combined tax....30% right away and another 35% to the irs mafia
+1   

2 weeks ago '22        #15
TheWolf 
Props total: 3741 3 K  Slaps total: 2410 2 K
 boobalo1 said 🔗
I wouldn’t tell anybody but my older brother. Been through a hard life with duke.. Omertà would be the way. ����
I would tell everybody because they are going to know any. I wouldn’t give a fu#k because it’s my choice if they get anything and good luck trying to call me

I’ll help out my main family and pay off some mortgages of aunts and uncles and cousins but that’s it I’ll set aside about 30 million for the family and after that is gone leave me alone

But If you win a billion dollars on a lotto ticket (500million+ after taxes) and DONT help out your family then you deserve every bad thing to happen to you in life

Last edited by TheWolf; 05-14-2024 at 01:59 PM..
+12   

2 weeks ago '24        #16
Mixbag 
 messy marv stan said 🔗
cash option is a 67% combined tax....30% right away and another 35% to the irs mafia
sh1t so crazy

I’d be mad as sh1t if my sh1t went to Ukraine

emoji
+6   

2 weeks ago '24        #17
Mixbag 
 TheWolf said 🔗
I would tell everybody because they are going to know any. I wouldn’t give a fu#k because it’s my choice if they get anything and good luck trying to call me

I’ll help out my main family and pay off some mortgages of aunts and uncles and cousins but that’s it I’ll set aside about 30 million for the family and after that is gone leave me alone

But If you win a billion dollars on a lotto ticket (500million+ after taxes) and DONT help out your family then you deserve every bad thing to happen to you in life
On God

sh1t I’d set 150 ms
+4   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
Rashad69 
Props total: 15463 15 K  Slaps total: 1661 1 K
its a question I ask folks: if u woke up with a billion dollars tomorrow, what would you do? tax free, someone rich left it to you, whatever.

people always answer with "i'd buy this for ______ and I'd take care of this for _____"

and my instinct has always been.....I'd get an attorney. i'd call my mom and tell her that I'm safe, not to worry about me, and that I'll be in touch with her soon. and i'd disappear for a bit. she would get a sudden invite to come where I am with no one else involved. i'd tell her in person, and my moms is a G, she'd keep lottery winnings on the low because she knows how folks are. she'd be set for the rest of her life, and i'd set my sister up with financial assistance without her knowing exactly what happened.

n1ggas will ki1l u over 100 dollars. u think they won't seek u out for life changing money? "bro gimme a million it ain't nothin to you"
+21   

2 weeks ago '21        #19
2Pac Cares  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 23005 23 K  Slaps total: 21755 21 K
That's cold-blooded!
emoji

🔗

2 weeks ago '04        #20
Rashad69 
Props total: 15463 15 K  Slaps total: 1661 1 K
 TheWolf said 🔗

talk to any wealthy person. is it not that simple to say "leave me alone" because folks don't remember when you said yes, they remember the first "no" and that will breed resentment and resentment breeds hatred. greed brings out the evil in folks, its just better to keep it close to the chest imo
+9   

2 weeks ago '15        #21
Miles Thirst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 32538 32 K  Slaps total: 1929 1 K

+12   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 weeks ago '22        #22
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x110
Props total: 196366 196 K  Slaps total: 232429 232 K
🔗

2 weeks ago '13        #23
boobalo1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 29245 29 K  Slaps total: 3245 3 K
 TheWolf said 🔗

I fukc with it. But you get told by the lotto people to keep it quiet until you do a couple things. Financial advisor, new emails, phone numbers and a lawyer.

2 weeks ago '14        #24
Sphynx 
Props total: 145084 145 K  Slaps total: 33631 33 K
Unless any of those "promises" are in writing tell them c0cksuckers to scram
emoji

Also his BM is crazy for asking him to fund a lavish vacation for her and her new boyfriend under the guise of "we're taking the baby on vacation"
emoji

Crazy thing is, even if he blessed every adult member of his immediate family with a million dollars each they would all be back with their hands out in less than 2 years. I loved that Logic interview where he was talking about how when your family see's you as an unlimited money glitch, they make TERRIBLE financial decisions with the money you give them that they would NEVER make on their own. Cars and houses they can't afford the taxes on. Now they giving $200 in church when they used to give $20. They paying off the debts of their begging friends, and "investing" in their scams.

And they will ALWAYS resent you no matter how much you give. Every morning they have to get up and go to work and know you don't have to, they will build up resentments against you. You can't win with family and money

Last edited by Sphynx; 05-14-2024 at 05:38 PM..
+13   

2 weeks ago '14        #25
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 77931 77 K  Slaps total: 3280 3 K
Meanwhile in Jamaica…

+19   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+1910
I'm not surprised this happened in Detroit