online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

China developing submarines that reach MACH speed using "laser propulsion"

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 month ago '20        #1
530 page views
22 comments

Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 27900 27 K  Slaps total: 4233 4 K
icon China developing submarines that reach MACH speed using "laser propulsion"

Chinese scientists close in on laser propulsion for superfast, silent submarines
Breakthrough overcomes decades-old problem of how to harness the technology to propel underwater vessels, according to paper
Design can produce almost as much thrust as a commercial jet engine, using optical fibres that coat the submarine

Scientists developing China’s next-generation nuclear submarine technology say they have found a way to significantly improve the efficiency of the laser propellers that could one day drive the underwater vessels.
The researchers said the new technology can produce nearly 70,000 newtons of thrust – almost the force of a commercial jet engine – using 2 megawatts of laser power emitted through the submarine’s coating of optical fibres, each thinner than a human hair – an efficiency previously thought impossible to achieve.

The laser pulses not only generate thrust but also vaporise seawater, creating bubbles all over the submarine’s surface in a phenomenon known as “supercavitation” which can significantly reduce water resistance.
Theoretically, the development could allow a submarine to travel faster than the speed of sound without producing the mechanical noise vibration that usually gives away its location, according to the researchers.

https://www.scmp.com/news .. ent-submarines
+1   

icon
best
icon
worst
22 comments

1 month ago '05        #2
kriskross00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 161679 161 K  Slaps total: 17350 17 K
With all the sh1t in the water that sounds dangerous af
+18   

1 month ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 133482 133 K  Slaps total: 8670 8 K
 kriskross00 said 🔗
First thing I thought
+1   

1 month ago '20        #4
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
 kriskross00 said 🔗
Joint gonna shish kabob everything in its path.
+7   

1 month ago '05        #5
cbsepts 
Props total: 9556 9 K  Slaps total: 1472 1 K
former submariner here....i was a sonar tech too....
i was Jonesy in 'Hunt for Red October'
emoji

this is bull sh1t....

theres no way to defeat the physics underwater like this. no way they would be able to produce the force to go subsonic AND be silent....theres too many moving parts....the buzzing from that engine would sound like a muffled sports bike....oh and the cavitation at the screw (prop) would be outrageous as well.....

i'd love to see this....but i dont think it could be done.....

not to mention....what purpose would a sub this fast even serve? it would be going too fast to listen for other ships (the entire purpose of subs)....and thermonuclear weapons can already be fired from mainland china to the us anyway....

i see no point for it
+14   

1 month ago '08        #6
sbbigmike 
Props total: 6813 6 K  Slaps total: 2776 2 K
 cbsepts said 🔗
emoji

this is bull sh1t....

theres no way to defeat the physics underwater like this. no way they would be able to produce the force to go subsonic AND be silent....theres too many moving parts....the buzzing from that engine would sound like a muffled sports bike....oh and the cavitation at the screw (prop) would be outrageous as well.....

not to mention....what purpose would a sub this fast even serve? it would be going too fast to listen for other ships (the entire purpose of subs)....and thermonuclear weapons can already be fired from mainland china to the us anyway....

i see no point for it
Airplanes/missles could get shot out the sky easily...if a country can conquer the ocean as such the could wreck havoc in a war, can our satellites in drones shot shyt in the water
+2   

1 month ago '05        #7
cbsepts 
Props total: 9556 9 K  Slaps total: 1472 1 K
 sbbigmike said 🔗
Airplanes/missles could get shot out the sky easily...if a country can conquer the ocean as such the could wreck havoc in a war, can our satellites in drones shot shyt in the water
the ocean is huge breh...

where do you even post up to shoot down missiles or planes?

not to mention....air craft carriers can already do that....

also...despite what Red October showed....subs dont really use radar...
it doesnt work under water....thats why they have sonar....radar would only work at periscope depth (60ft)...at that depth it might as well be a surface ship...which again defeats to purpose of a sub
+6   

1 month ago '23        #8
newmembership 
Props total: 5754 5 K  Slaps total: 687 687
 cbsepts said 🔗
this is bull sh1t....

theres no way to defeat the physics underwater like this. no way they would be able to produce the force to go subsonic
i see no point for it

sounds like it will be drone driven
+3   

1 month ago '17        #9
mosaicmonk 
Props total: 1401 1 K  Slaps total: 489 489
 cbsepts said 🔗
emoji

this is bull sh1t....

i see no point for it

yeah this is impossible .
+2   

1 month ago '22        #10
ManBoyUNFDBL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 22802 22 K  Slaps total: 2777 2 K
 cbsepts said 🔗
emoji

this is bull sh1t....

i see no point for it
 cbsepts said 🔗

it doesnt work under water....thats why they have sonar....radar would only work at periscope depth (60ft)...at that depth it might as well be a surface ship...which again defeats to purpose of a sub
Bruh came thru wit the knowledge…

emoji
+9   

1 month ago '19        #11
Megaman 
Props total: 13455 13 K  Slaps total: 11511 11 K
 cbsepts said 🔗
emoji

this is bull sh1t....

i see no point for it
except that USO's don't use the rules conventional physics.

they use an electromagnetic gravitational field.

and before you ask for further explanation on the subject, you'll need to provide proof of a security clearance.

emoji

1 month ago '10        #12
SwooshWonder 
Props total: 20898 20 K  Slaps total: 2093 2 K
China has made great strides with laser

tech. One of the main reasons why the US sees them as such a threat

Y'all best be ready, I've already begun investing in laser tech for long term growth
+1   

1 month ago '22        #13
ManBoyUNFDBL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 22802 22 K  Slaps total: 2777 2 K
 SwooshWonder said 🔗
China has made great strides with laser

tech. One of the main reasons why the US sees them as such a threat

Y'all best be ready, I've already begun investing in laser tech for long term growth
I’ll smack the sh1t outta Jun Tao and them fu#kin Triads b…

emoji

emoji
+4   

1 month ago '16        #14
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 148805 148 K  Slaps total: 10175 10 K
So we just gone skip past the theoretical part?

+4   

1 month ago '04        #15
NAKHI ALLAH 
 Ninjahood said 🔗
Joint gonna shish kabob everything in its path.
Lol
+1   

1 month ago '04        #16
NAKHI ALLAH 
 cbsepts said 🔗

Facts
+2   

1 month ago '23        #17
Yopa 
Props total: 18963 18 K  Slaps total: 7892 7 K
Not buying the bs
+1   

1 month ago '19        #18
Mydrunkenstyle 
Props total: 2960 2 K  Slaps total: 207 207
Moving at Mach speed underwater. That MF is gonna break apart. The bow planes , fair water planes, the tail or rudder could break. Need a metal and design to deal with the excessive speed and force, that will allow the sub the move through the water without taking damag causing a casualty.

1 month ago '06        #19
philly337  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 85525 85 K  Slaps total: 22969 22 K
Need to take them out before they do it to us
emoji

1 month ago '20        #20
Ninjahood  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9 OP
 Mydrunkenstyle said 🔗
Moving at Mach speed underwater. That MF is gonna break apart. The bow planes , fair water planes, the tail or rudder could break. Need a metal and design to deal with the excessive speed and force, that will allow the sub the move through the water without taking damag causing a casualty.
Apparently it vaporizes the water around the hull to significantly reduce friction while travelling at a high rate of speed.

1 month ago '09        #21
chasedg 
Props total: 6464 6 K  Slaps total: 1170 1 K
 sbbigmike said 🔗
Trying to read that sh1t gave me a headache fr...

1 month ago '04        #22
xbossxplayax 
Props total: 47979 47 K  Slaps total: 7739 7 K
the "theory" might be a groundwork for a different application n
"submarine" is just a decoy

1 month ago '18        #23
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 52156 52 K  Slaps total: 4909 4 K
 cbsepts said 🔗
emoji

this is bull sh1t....

i see no point for it
sub racing is the future.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo 2024 Western Conference Finals: (3) Minnesota Timberwolves vs (5) Dallas M..
1011 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+9124
Video inside I see why men stopped going to the club
162 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
AI got Mike Tyson speaking Italian...
20 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+5211
Drake has OFFICIALLY entered the BBL Drizzy contest!
394 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop