online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Apr 21 - BREAKING: Taylor Swift Sells 1.4 Million Albums (Pure Sales) In 1 Day

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '24        #1
5067 page views
237 comments

Dryll 
Props total: 1005 1 K  Slaps total: 57 57
icon Apr 21 - BREAKING: Taylor Swift Sells 1.4 Million Albums (Pure Sales) In 1 Day

1.4 million copies sold in pure/traditional album sales.

that number ALONE is her best sales week ever.

and it doesnt even include the album equivalent sales from streaming (she did 244 million streams...more than double her next highest album release).

fam these numbers are absolutely unreal.

https://www.billboard.com .. ek-1235662005/

Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department is off to a blockbuster start in the U.S. On its first day of release, on April 19, the set sold 1.4 million copies in traditional album sales, according to initial reports to data tracking firm Luminate. That marks Swift’s biggest sales week ever for any album in the U.S. (Luminate’s sales, streaming and airplay data powers Billboard’s charts. All numbers in this story are for the U.S. only.)

Plus, the set’s 31 songs (available on its deluxe streaming and digital editions) generated 243.4 million official on-demand audio streams in the U.S. on April 19, led by the album’s first single, “Fortnight,” featuring Post Malone, with 18.4 million streams. (That’s more than double the number of streams generated on the first day of Swift’s last release, 1989 [Taylor’s Version]; its 21 songs spurred 110 million streams on its opening day.)

In total, the album earned 1.6 million equivalent album units in the U.S. on its first day. The last album to exceed a million units in a week was Swift’s own 1989 (Taylor’s Version), when it tallied 1.653 million units in its first week late last year (week ending Nov. 2, 2023).

Further news of initial sales and streaming activity for the album, as provided by Luminate, will be reported in the coming days.

With 1.4 million copies sold across all of the CD, vinyl, cassette and digital download versions of the album, The Tortured Poets Department garners the single-largest sales week for any Swift album. Previously, her largest sales week was registered by the opening week of her re-recorded 1989 (Taylor’s Version) last year, when it sold 1.359 million copies.

The Tortured Poets Department (abbreviated as TTPD) was initially released on April 19 as a standard 16-song digital download album, as well as an array of 17-song physical configurations (more details on the assorted versions later in this story). Two hours after the album’s release, Swift announced an expanded 31-song edition of the set and released it as a digital download and streaming album. She wrote: “It’s a 2am surprise: The Tortured Poets Department is a secret DOUBLE album. I’d written so much tortured poetry in the past 2 years and wanted to share it all with you, so here’s the second installment of TTPD: The Anthology. 15 extra songs. And now the story isn’t mine anymore… it’s all yours.”

The sales of The Tortured Poets Department will increase in the coming days, with the current tracking week ending on Thursday, April 25. The album’s final first-week sales number is expected to be announced on Sunday, April 28, along with its assumed large debut on the multi-metric Billboard 200 albums chart (dated May 4). If The Tortured Poets Department debuts atop the Billboard 200, it will mark Swift’s 14th No. 1 album, extending her record for the most among women. She would also tie Jay-Z for the most No. 1s among soloists. The only act with more than 14 No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200 is The Beatles, with 19.

All 13 of Swift’s full-length studio albums and re-recorded projects from 2008’s Fearless (her second album) through 2023’s 1989 (Taylor’s Version) have debuted at No. 1.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each units equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both X (formerly Twitter) and Instagram.

Sales Story: The 1.4 million sales number registered for the album is inclusive of both over-the-counter and download purchases of The Tortured Poets Department made on April 19, in addition to a likely large number of pre-orders of the album through Internet retailers that were shipped to customers for arrival on release day. Swift announced the album during the Grammy Awards on Feb. 4, and her official webstore began accepting pre-orders for the project that same day.

After one day on sale, The Tortured Poets Department is the top-selling album of 2024, year-to-date, in the U.S., surpassing the 188,000 sold by Beyoncé’s Cowboy Carter through the week ending April 11.

The Tortured Poets Department’s sales were bolstered by its availability across 19 different physical configurations (nine CDs, six vinyl LPs and four cassettes — with four of the physical configurations exclusively sold by Target stores) and two digital download offerings (the standard 16-song album, and a surprise deluxe 31-song edition that was released two hours after the original album bowed).

Collectively, the six vinyl LPs combined to sell 600,000 copies on the album’s first day — already the second-largest sales week for a vinyl album in the modern era (since Luminate began electronically tracking sales in 1991). Swift holds the record for the largest sales week on vinyl in the modern era, with 693,000 copies sold of 1989 (Taylor’s Version) on vinyl its first week.

Million-Sellers History: Though the week isn’t nearly over with, The Tortured Poets Department already has the largest sales week for any album since Adele’s 25 bowed with 3.378 million copies sold (week ending Nov. 26, 2015). Presently, The Tortured Poets Department has the sixth-largest sales week for an album in the modern era (since Luminate began electronically tracking sales in 1991). The top six biggest weeks are (all in debut weeks): Adele’s 25 (3.378 million), *NSYNC’s No Strings Attached (2.416 million, in 2000), *NSYNC’s Celebrity (1.878 million, 2001), Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP (1.76 million, 2000), Backstreet Boys’ Black & Blue (1.591 million, 2000) and The Tortured Poets Department (1.4 million, 2024).

The Tortured Poets Department is the seventh Swift album to have sold at least one million copies in a single week, following the debuts of 1989 (Taylor’s Version), Midnights, reputation, the original 1989, Red and Speak Now. She is the only act with seven different albums to each sell at least one million copies in a single week in the modern era. In total, there have been 26 instances — by 24 different albums — in which an album sold at least one million copies in a week in the modern era. One of those albums, Adele’s 25, sold more than one million in three separate weeks.

Strong Streaming Numbers: On the album’s first day, the 31 songs on the project generated 243.4 million official on-demand audio streams. (On-demand video official streaming information for the project will be available in the coming days.) The album’s top five most-streamed songs, by official on-demand audio streams, on April 19 were: “Fortnight,” featuring Post Malone (18.4 million), title track “The Tortured Poets Department” (14 million), “Down Bad” (13.3 million), “My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys” (12.7 million) and “So Long, London” (12.6 million).

Swift’s largest streaming week, by total on-demand official streams (both audio and video) generated by the songs on an album, is the opening week of Midnights, which garnered 549.26 million streams for its 20 songs (week ending Oct. 27, 2022). Midnights also owns the third-largest streaming week overall, trailing the opening frames of Drake’s Scorpion (745.92 million in 2018) and Certified Lover Boy (743.67 million in 2021).

icon
best
icon
worst
237 comments

1 month ago '22        #2
Haichiroku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16130 16 K  Slaps total: 5471 5 K
They said Drizzy owns UMG though.
400 million dollars up front.

Who is Taylor Swift?

1 month ago '04        #3
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 133709 133 K  Slaps total: 8684 8 K
Damn that's crazy
+19   

1 month ago '24        #4
Dryll  OP
 NAKHI ALLAH said 🔗
Damn that's crazy
unimaginable.

this chick was already the biggest american artist in terms of sales.

she broke her own 1st week sales record in 1 *day*.

fu#king crazy.
+27   

1 month ago '24        #5
Dryll  OP
 Haichiroku said 🔗
They said Drizzy owns UMG though.
400 million dollars up front.

Who is Taylor Swift?
its funny that the weeknd has surpassed drake in sales, streams, video views, solo #1 songs (not features), etc but people dont really acknowledge it.
+52   

1 month ago '16        #6
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 194268 194 K  Slaps total: 20931 20 K
Op is a ******
+9   

1 month ago '05        #7
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 163896 163 K  Slaps total: 16701 16 K

+7   

1 month ago '19        #8
beamjawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13794 13 K  Slaps total: 16881 16 K
Cap.. Label bout most of them
+24   

1 month ago '07        #9
OVERLORD 
Props total: 42211 42 K  Slaps total: 11311 11 K
Cap. This industry is so fake. This is marketing and promotion.
+40   

1 month ago '22        #10
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x110
Props total: 195860 195 K  Slaps total: 231514 231 K

+5   

1 month ago '08        #11
Lot17 
Props total: 10269 10 K  Slaps total: 1839 1 K
 OVERLORD said 🔗
Cap. This industry is so fake. This is marketing and promotion.
 beamjawn said 🔗
Cap.. Label bout most of them
Props to you both cuz the majority of people will fall for the smoke and mirrors
+12   

1 month ago '19        #12
beamjawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 13794 13 K  Slaps total: 16881 16 K
These h0es not buying physical albums nowadays. Not even the h0es.. sh1t be really cap omm
+7   

1 month ago '15        #13
naledgestate 
Props total: 48593 48 K  Slaps total: 4464 4 K
 Lot17 said 🔗
Props to you both cuz the majority of people will fall for the smoke and mirrors
You have no ideal.

That bi#ch packed out a stadium in Australia that had almost 100,000 people in it.

Yall n1ggas must live in caves.
emoji

There is reason rap n1ggas don't drop around Taylor Swift.

1 million in a week is easy for her.
+66   

1 month ago '15        #14
ladondaddy 
Props total: 17014 17 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K
Never heard a Taylor swift song in my life. Who bought this bullsh1t a$s popcorn a$s music?
+24   

1 month ago '21        #15
I am awake 
Props total: 18962 18 K  Slaps total: 5799 5 K
emoji
the culture is mad
+16   

1 month ago '15        #16
Rifle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30854 30 K  Slaps total: 2169 2 K
 ladondaddy said 🔗
Never heard a Taylor swift song in my life. Who bought this bullsh1t a$s popcorn a$s music?
Her music everywhere on social media it’s used in commercials. I’m not a fan of the music either but please…

Last edited by Rifle; 04-21-2024 at 07:32 AM..
+42   

1 month ago '16        #17
Crodie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 67313 67 K  Slaps total: 17409 17 K
There's a reason Drake moves his release date when she drops. I don't listen to her but she is undoubtedly the biggest popstar in the world. I argued with a dude around the time of the superbowl that she isn't that big outside of the US to me but clearly inside of it no one is touching her

Edit: put it in bold for the dudes that dropped out of school

Last edited by Crodie; 04-21-2024 at 07:28 AM..
+5   

1 month ago '20        #18
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 19838 19 K  Slaps total: 1108 1 K
Didn't even know she had an album coming out. I fu#k with the title
emoji
+1   

1 month ago '20        #19
LordRupertEvert 
Props total: 19838 19 K  Slaps total: 1108 1 K
 Dale Mami said 🔗
There's a reason Drake moves his release date when she drops. I don't listen to her but she is undoubtedly the biggest popstar in the world. I argued with a dude around the time of the superbowl that she isn't that big outside of the US to me but clearly inside of it no one is touching her
She packs stadiums worldwide with ease. People really just say the dumbest sh1t with no regard
emoji
+21   

1 month ago '24        #20
Dryll  OP
 Dale Mami said 🔗
i thought she wasnt that big outside the country too but she was packing soccer stadiums in brazil and her biggest crowd ever was in melbourne australia.

she was the top spotify global artist in 2023 and 32 of the songs on this current album were on the spotify global top 50 at the same time.

apparently shes a worldwide star too lol.

Last edited by Dryll; 04-21-2024 at 06:18 AM..
+6   

1 month ago '15        #21
Tripsev 
Props total: 13649 13 K  Slaps total: 5873 5 K
She doesn’t have fans. She has mindless worshippers. Like Drake.
+12   

1 month ago '04        #22
NotebooksFilled 
Props total: 5000 5 K  Slaps total: 213 213
Them record store day lines yesterday were annoying as sh1t. Not sure how many copies she pressed, but it’s supposed to be 5 variants of the LP and each has a different bonus track.

sh1t I couldn’t care less about, but resales for her product probably jumping right now.
+6   

1 month ago '16        #23
uncleDrew 
Props total: 8146 8 K  Slaps total: 920 920
 BreakkerSzn said 🔗

Beyhive vs Swifties….who wins?
+2   

1 month ago '22        #24
walkingonwater 
Props total: 7439 7 K  Slaps total: 1133 1 K
i don't understand what that means in 2024
can someone explain how do you even buy an album ?
everyone has streaming ... buying it how ? like on
itunes ? why would u do that if you have apple music , spotify , pandora

1 month ago '04        #25
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 133709 133 K  Slaps total: 8684 8 K
 walkingonwater said 🔗
i don't understand what that means in 2024
can someone explain how do you even buy an album ?
everyone has streaming ... buying it how ? like on
itunes ? why would u do that if you have apple music , spotify , pandora
Bruh I've seen her albums in urban outfitters sh1ts blew my mind
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3518
Video inside Does height matter?
44 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+8615
logo Rickea Jackson the baddest thang in the WNBA
153 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-2415
Image(s) inside They were really friends before the beef hit the streets and took a tu..
47 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+10114
Rick Ross Responds To 50 Cent Clownin' Him For His Grape Bars
162 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop