online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Is Kendricks silence a sign of weakness or Power?

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '17        #1
3160 page views
179 comments

GodBody  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x75
Props total: 92110 92 K  Slaps total: 11380 11 K
icon Is Kendricks silence a sign of weakness or Power?

In my opinion it appears like Kendrick is having his “Control” moment again. One verse has (again) ignited the game and the fans, in a way that HipHop hasn’t seen in years.

Now kudos to Drake for responding the way he did. Personally I don’t think either one of his records has had the same replay value as Kendrick’s one verse. They were great but I got over both (including this new one) after a couple listens. That said Drake can rap for real. That much can’t be debated.

The fan in me wants Kendrick to respond. But honestly there’s a side of me that feels like what if his silence is a response?

Kendrick is basically controlling Drake right now very similar to the way Drake controlled Joe Budden during their little skirmish.

Joe was rapped his a$s off (no Diddy) while Drake remained silent. Even though I feel Joe bodied him on those records, (expect for the 3rd one) Drakes silence made Joe look weird in the eyes of the fans.

Now i know Kendrick is not Joe Budden and for this generation this is the “Jayz vs Nas” battle the game wants and needs. But what if that’s not what Kendrick wants. What if Kendrick already got what he wanted, which was to throw a grenade in the room, moon walk away and laugh at the chaos. Would that make him a Coward or the one who was in Control (pun intended) this whole time?

icon
best
icon
worst
179 comments

1 month ago '15        #2
JRob1125 
Props total: 47437 47 K  Slaps total: 4159 4 K
Kendrick being silent is not out of character at all, and y'all know that.....the "what's taking so long" sh1t is Drake controlling narrative.....just like he did with Meek and of course his stans are running with it.....completely ignoring Drake taking 3 weeks to respond to Like That

I gotta give it to Drake though......he's master at doing this and the track is dope. This is the hungriest he's sounded in damn 10 years. They might've woke a sleeping giant

Last edited by JRob1125; 04-20-2024 at 08:04 AM..
+38   

1 month ago '04        #3
Real 
Props total: 52500 52 K  Slaps total: 8462 8 K

+35   

1 month ago '07        #4
Rico23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 83917 83 K  Slaps total: 9729 9 K
 JRob1125 said 🔗
Kendrick being silent is not out of character at all, and y'all know that.....the "what's taking so long" sh1t is Drake controlling narrative.....just like he did with Meek and of course his stans are running with it.....completely ignoring Drake taking 3 weeks to respond to Like That

I gotta give it to Drake though......he's master at doing this and the track is dope. This is the hungriest he's sounded in damn 10 years. They might've woke a sleeping giant
I agree with everything u said but to add my own objective opinions, Kendrick being silent is normal for him, but just like in sports with coaches, sometimes analytics and the playbook has to be thrown out the window. Kendrick needs to call the game by feeling instead of numbers....aka drop now.

As far as Drake, I agree that he is playing chess. But I can't fu#k with it ultimately because this beed just exposed how he's essentially Rap's Donald Trump and his fans rival MAGA stans. Drake could also shoot someone on main Street in broad day light and they will cheer and defend him. People who wanted Drake to rap again got their wish...but at what cost?
emoji

I'm close to 40 but this ain't what I grew up on. I honestly feel like last night was a turning point in rap and for all the worst ways possible. Ahit is sad
+15   

1 month ago '18        #5
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x219
Props total: 118921 118 K  Slaps total: 33317 33 K
Kenny going to lose this because he is playing old school rules in a new school environment
+2   

1 month ago '15        #6
JRob1125 
Props total: 47437 47 K  Slaps total: 4159 4 K
 Rico23 said 🔗
I agree with everything u said but to add my own objective opinions, Kendrick being silent is normal for him, but just like in sports with coaches, sometimes analytics and the playbook has to be thrown out the window. Kendrick needs to call the game by feeling instead of numbers....aka drop now.

As far as Drake, I agree that he is playing chess. But I can't fu#k with it ultimately because this beed just exposed how he's essentially Rap's Donald Trump and his fans rival MAGA stans. Drake could also shoot someone on main Street in broad day light and they will cheer and defend him. People who wanted Drake to rap again got their wish...but at what cost?
emoji

I'm close to 40 but this ain't what I grew up on. I honestly feel like last night was a turning point in rap and for all the worst ways possible. Ahit is sad
Same here.....different time, different generation, different rules. I'm just getting old and gotta accept that
emoji
+7   

1 month ago '17        #7
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 102157 102 K  Slaps total: 21691 21 K
Kendrick moves when he wants to move. That's power.

Social media antics and trash AI disses won't change that.
+17   

1 month ago '17        #8
MilliRock  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 44408 44 K  Slaps total: 3316 3 K
Katt Williams set the year up

Dot pumped life back into hip hop

🔗

+10   

1 month ago '07        #9
 JRob1125 said 🔗
Same here.....different time, different generation, different rules. I'm just getting old and gotta accept that
emoji
I can't accept it ima keep it a bean
emoji
What we know is that regardless of Drake's bravado right now, anyone who is objective can see that Drake is scared of what's coming. The fact that he pulled a B Rabbit confirms this. This is why I like Kendrick being silent.

But again, his silence is allowing Drake's MAGA-esque stanbase go wild
emoji
+6   

1 month ago '19        #10
hip  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 38954 38 K  Slaps total: 6927 6 K
tl;dr

Compton rapper gettin bodied by Canadian popstar.

Aubrey 2 - 0 Kenny

🔗

+5   

1 month ago '16        #11
NatBurner 
Props total: 49566 49 K  Slaps total: 3878 3 K
Drake is king at controlling the narrative the masses is sped nowadays anyway so tbh truth does not matter only how it is perceived

Kendrick gotta come with some fye mane it’s not out of reach tho Kendrick in my in my opinion could still shut this sh1t down

Drake the n1gga you punch him once in the mouth he cool off you… you seen how that Pusha sh1t went n1gga was sounding menacing then too

That Duppy sh1t was crazy story of Adidon got him outta there though
+9   

1 month ago '16        #12
NatBurner 
Props total: 49566 49 K  Slaps total: 3878 3 K
 Rico23 said 🔗
I can't accept it ima keep it a bean
emoji
What we know is that regardless of Drake's bravado right now, anyone who is objective can see that Drake is scared of what's coming. The fact that he pulled a B Rabbit confirms this. This is why I like Kendrick being silent.

But again, his silence is allowing Drake's MAGA-esque stanbase go wild
emoji
Honestly only reason I been liking the disses that has dropped Drake is a master at chess everything is mentioned for a reason no wasted barsÖ even the sh1t about the quintuple entendre lol that n1gga drake is deliberate
+6   

1 month ago '04        #13
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 45684 45 K  Slaps total: 6397 6 K
BTW I remember some of drake fans saying it's only weird people who hate drake..... blah blah blah... guess the cat is out the bag now more folks don't care for him like that than ya thought
emoji

1 month ago '17        #14
FreeSmoke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 32198 32 K  Slaps total: 7829 7 K
Is bx silence a sign of weakness of power ?

First it was free smoke

Then it was quadruple aunt Andre's

emoji
emoji
emoji
+5   

1 month ago '04        #15
slapaho 
Props total: 20888 20 K  Slaps total: 1068 1 K
 Real said 🔗
↪🔗

They dissed him on 100 miles and he threw a shot on ki1l at will before no Vaseline it wasnít the next day or week.. nwa dissed him to promote n1ggaz4life
emoji
+10   

1 month ago '20        #16
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 133855 133 K  Slaps total: 41418 41 K
Drake winning and will be untill Kendrick mans up and raps
+13   

1 month ago '19        #17
Number5  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21567 21 K  Slaps total: 13449 13 K
 JRob1125 said 🔗

Drake is not a master of anything. It's just celebrity worship. People gonna side with their favorite rapper and he's one of the most popular ones. Calling him a master at something is hilarious. He's had far too many mistakes or even humiliating moments to be considered any type of master. And in this particular situation, Kendrick looks like the master. I'm not taking sides, I'm just keepin it real. Being silent and calculated is more in line with being master than having diarrhea at the mouth and getting bailed out by your popularity.
+13   

1 month ago '04        #18
Real 
Props total: 52500 52 K  Slaps total: 8462 8 K
 slapaho said 🔗
They dissed him on 100 miles and he threw a shot on ki1l at will before no Vaseline it wasnít the next day or week.. nwa dissed him to promote n1ggaz4life
emoji

+1   

1 month ago '12        #19
DoMieD 
Props total: 8207 8 K  Slaps total: 2431 2 K
 Pythagoras said 🔗
Kendrick moves when he wants to move. That's power.

Social media antics and trash AI disses won't change that.
He sure does, and thatís why he receives the amount of criticism that he does currently by hip hopÖ

And the longer he waits, the worse it will get.

Hip hop decides.
+7   

1 month ago '07        #20
 NatBurner said 🔗
Honestly only reason I been liking the disses that has dropped Drake is a master at chess everything is mentioned for a reason no wasted bars… even the sh1t about the quintuple entendre lol that n1gga drake is deliberate
Like I said, objectively speaking the 3rd verse is fire and I acknowledge the chess moves... people praising the Pac and Snoop sh1t can have it. It sounds hyperbolic but in my honest opinions the hip hop in me can't rock with it and don't sit right with my soul.

I'm a 80s baby that grew up in the 90s. I was in my bed in my room when i was supposed to be sleeping sneakoi listening to BTNH, UGK, The Menace 2 Society soundtrack, Pac, Biggie, Scarface and The Geto Boys when I was like 8 or 9....the people in this section can have this sh1t
emoji
+5   

1 month ago '18        #21
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said 🔗
BTW I remember some of drake fans saying it's only weird people who hate drake..... blah blah blah... guess the cat is out the bag now more folks don't care for him like that than ya thought
emoji
Nah heís still liked itís just that people feel a way about AI

1 month ago '17        #22
Pythagoras  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 102157 102 K  Slaps total: 21691 21 K
 DoMieD said 🔗
He sure does, and thatís why he receives the amount of criticism that he does currently by hip hopÖ

And the longer he waits, the worse it will get.

Hip hop decides.
Hip Hop been decided Kendrick on another level than Drake lol.

Don't let the pop charts fool you.

1 month ago '18        #23
 Number5 said 🔗
Drake is not a master of anything. It's just celebrity worship. People gonna side with their favorite rapper and he's one of the most popular ones. Calling him a master at something is hilarious. He's had far too many mistakes or even humiliating moments to be considered any type of master. And in this particular situation, Kendrick looks like the master. I'm not taking sides, I'm just keepin it real. Being silent and calculated is more in line with being master than having diarrhea at the mouth and getting bailed out by your popularity.

He has a higher IQ than most rappers and thatís a fact! Him being a cornball at heart doesnít mean he isnít also smart
+2   

1 month ago '12        #24
DoMieD 
Props total: 8207 8 K  Slaps total: 2431 2 K
 Pythagoras said 🔗
Hip Hop been decided Kendrick on another level than Drake lol.

Don't let the pop charts fool you.
Idk what you talkin bout but Kenny getting taken to the wood shed by Aubrey right now

Keep livin in ya fantasy world tho

1 month ago '15        #25
Preacher Mane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 104845 104 K  Slaps total: 6579 6 K
It’s weakness. Don’t want to see the goal posts moved for everyone’s beloved Kendrick.

He deserves slander and ridicule the same way Drake did for taking so long and Cole did for the weak a$s move he pulled. Dot is no different.
+16   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+16459
Video inside This is really why Red Lobster flatlined
114 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+8855
logo Negro League statistics will be integrated into the MLB database beginning..
71 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+5644
Video inside The Breakfast Club Just Asked T.I. About A Rapper Gettin Pissed On.
87 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props-1716
logo Does anyone see how the NBA has been moving away from sport and towards en..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@sports