online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Black Undercover Police Officer Beaten Up By His Own Colleagues Awarded $23.5m

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

1 month ago '18        #1
1948 page views
43 comments

Goosebumpz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x72
Props total: 31431 31 K  Slaps total: 3067 3 K
icon Black Undercover Police Officer Beaten Up By His Own Colleagues Awarded $23.5m

Fellow undercover officer told investigators police in riot gear ‘beat the f*** out of [Mr Hall] like Rodney King’

Luther Hall, a St Louis police officer, was present at a street protest in 2017 where he was working undercover. His disguise was apparently so good that his fellow officers failed to recognise him when they mercilessly beat him on the street.

On Monday, Mr Hall was awarded $23.5m for the attack, according to the St Louis American.

The incident occurred two days after Jason Stockley, a former St Louis police officer, was acquitted of the fatal shooting of Anthony Lamar Smith.

Police expected that there could be protests following the acquittal, and dispatched 200 officers from a "Civil Disobedience Team" that weekend in 2017.

More than 120 people were arrested, including Mr Hall and his colleague Louis Naes, a white officer also embedded undercover with the marchers.

Mr Naes told investigators that his arrest was "routine," but said police clad in riot-gear "beat the f*** out of [Mr Hall] like Rodney King”.

In 2018, four St Louis police officers were indicted on federal charges. Three were accused of beating an undercover colleague, and all four implicated in covering up the incident.

Prosecutors argued that officers Dustin Boone, Randy Hays, and Christopher Myers slammed Mr Hall to the ground, kicked him, and beat him with metal batons, despite him being "compliant and not posing a physical threat to anyone."

The indictment also revealed messages sent between the officers in which they expressed their disdain for the protesters and their excitement for the chance to beat them.

In an exchange on 15 September, 2017, just two days before the incident, Myers wrote "let's kick some a**," to which Boone replied "it's gonna be a lot of fun beating the hell out of these s***heads once the sun goes down and nobody can tell us apart!!!!"

Judge Joseph Whyte noted during Monday’s hearing that after Mr Hall was assaulted, Hays sent a text message to another officer, saying that if they had beaten a protester rather than a police officer, “it wouldn’t be a problem at all.”

Mr Whyte said that Hays’ messages and actions indicated “complete indifference” to “an individual he believed to be an unarmed African American doing nothing wrong”, according to the New York Times.

Boone, Hays, and Myers were charged with depriving Mr Hall of his constitutional rights, and for conspiring to obstruct justice. A fourth officer, Bailey Colletta, was accused by a grand jury of lying about the incident when she told the panel that Mr Hall was "brought to the ground very gently".

Mr Hall's jaw was damaged after he suffered a kick to the face. The blow was so severe that he was unable to eat during his recovery and he lost approximately 20 pounds as a result.

During the criminal trial on 2 February, 2022, Mr Hall gave an emotional account of the attack, KMOV reported.

“Feet, fist, sticks. People punching me. I was being held down,” he said. “It felt like [it went on] forever laying there.”

Mr Hall said he knew he had been injured, but could not tell the severity of his injuries at the time of the attack.

“I was in a lot of pain,” he said.

He also testified that his tailbone was injured in the attack, and that he needed surgery to repair two herniated discs in his neck and back.

Prosecutors said the three indicted officers lied about the arrest, claiming that Mr Hall "resisted and was not compliant," and revealed that officers tried to contact him to persuade him not to press charges or pursue legal action.

Boone was convicted and sentenced to 366 days in prison, while Myers was given a year's probation. Colletta was given three years probation and two consecutive weekends in prison for lying to the grand jury.

Both Colletta and Hays pleaded guilty to their charges. Hays was sentenced to 52 months in prison and two years of probation, according to NBC5.

Mr Hall also sued Boone, Hays, and Myers for the attack. He was awarded $5m from the city, and on Monday was awarded $10m in punitive damages, $11m for past and future physical and emotional pain, and nearly $2m for lost wages.

In addition, he was awarded more than $213,000 for lost delayed retirement and insurance benefits, as well as $366,000 for past and future medical expenses.

Rev Darryl Gray, who at the time served as a community liaison for the Ethical Society of Police, which represents primarily Black officers, said he was happy to see Mr Hall achieve some justice, and hopes the incident will illustrate the complaints groups like his have raised.

“Unfortunately, this happened to Luther [Hall] but it’s not uncommon,”Mr Gray told the St Louis American. “That’s what we’ve been trying to say, hoping that police will acknowledge that the complaints and concerns we’ve raised over the years have been genuine.

He said he hopes that the trial's findings will vindicate "what the activist community has been crying out for all these years: accountability".

The city also agreed to pay out $5m to nearly seven dozen people who accused the police of violating their rights during the 2017 protests.

https://www.independent.c .. -b2531716.html
+27   

icon
best
icon
worst
43 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 100031 100 K  Slaps total: 8973 8 K
emoji
+19   

1 month ago '11        #3
bonez79  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 65336 65 K  Slaps total: 12739 12 K
Beat the Top Ramen out that n1gga.
+16   

1 month ago '12        #4
gunshot225 
Props total: 24017 24 K  Slaps total: 1877 1 K
Somebody forgot to tell him blue lives only matter when you're wearing the blue
+51   

1 month ago '20        #5
Novacane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12950 12 K  Slaps total: 4258 4 K
emoji
+2   

1 month ago '20        #6
gogosunday  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 57106 57 K  Slaps total: 4251 4 K
Smfh
+4   

1 month ago '20        #7
Lurkcobain 
Props total: 5129 5 K  Slaps total: 622 622
They must’ve been wanting to beat the black half out that man.
+10   

1 month ago '24        #8
Dryll 
Props total: 1005 1 K  Slaps total: 57 57
 gunshot225 said 🔗
Somebody forgot to tell him blue lives only matter when you're wearing the blue
blue lives only matter when theres white under it.

emoji
+43   

1 month ago '11        #9
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 227968 227 K  Slaps total: 29693 29 K
I honestly wish this happened more often

If he wasn’t a cop this is a non story
+21   

1 month ago '22        #10
TheAntiSimp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 32713 32 K  Slaps total: 20547 20 K
He's a sell out
That got a wake up call

Probably take that 7 million and continue
His uncle Tom life
+9   

1 month ago '22        #11
Cointel Pro a$s n1gga

1 month ago '18        #12
FlexRegum 
Props total: 7470 7 K  Slaps total: 488 488
“Boone was convicted and sentenced to 366 days in prison, while Myers was given a year's probation. Colletta was given three years probation and two consecutive weekends in prison for lying to the grand jury.Both Colletta and Hays pleaded guilty to their charges. Hays was sentenced to 52 months in prison and two years of probation.”

That’s crazy and I’m pretty this ain’t the first time they’ve done this and won’t be the last!
+7   

1 month ago '04        #13
nwking  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 38635 38 K  Slaps total: 4153 4 K
Unless they splitting the money on the low

1 month ago '15        #14
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 48287 48 K  Slaps total: 14911 14 K
22mil for 1 man but 5 mil for several others that weren't cops
+11   

1 month ago '11        #15
 TheAntiSimp said 🔗
He's a sell out
That got a wake up call

Probably take that 7 million and continue
His uncle Tom life
why is he an Uncle Tom, because he's a black cop?

would you prefer all cops to be white?
+7   

1 month ago '15        #16
richmoneycash  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42366 42 K  Slaps total: 2742 2 K
 FlexRegum said 🔗
“Boone was convicted and sentenced to 366 days in prison, while Myers was given a year's probation. Colletta was given three years probation and two consecutive weekends in prison for lying to the grand jury.Both Colletta and Hays pleaded guilty to their charges. Hays was sentenced to 52 months in prison and two years of probation.”

That’s crazy and I’m pretty this ain’t the first time they’ve done this and won’t be the last!
They gave that bi#ch weekend detention wtf.

emoji
+10   

1 month ago '17        #17
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 84841 84 K  Slaps total: 12418 12 K
 Sin said 🔗

Won't police their own neighborhoods
Won't respect black cops
Wouldn't want all cops to be white

You know how it goes.. all the complaints in the world, no viable solutions
emoji
+4   

1 month ago '17        #18
Lazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 58096 58 K  Slaps total: 8245 8 K
 Sin said 🔗

Yes

Technically every cop is a race and cla$s traitor though

1 month ago '11        #19
 Lazy said 🔗
Yes

Technically every cop is a race and cla$s traitor though
I love it when I get pulled over and its a black cop, I feel ill actually get judged fairly

I wish we had more black cops
+3   

1 month ago '15        #20
T rootz 
Props total: 12578 12 K  Slaps total: 803 803
Beat him til he looked like Sanchez off of PJs projects
+3   

1 month ago '07        #21
killahkazi 
Props total: 22509 22 K  Slaps total: 2122 2 K
Even cops are dumb enough to text their crimes!
emoji
+7   

1 month ago '22        #22
 Sin said 🔗

I said nothing about him being a cop
You are obviously bored, nothing to do
And absorb all of your mother behavioral traits

He's a sell out n1gga, a plant
At a protest working against his own people

1 month ago '15        #23
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 147886 147 K  Slaps total: 8399 8 K
Those punishments were some bullsh1t. What happened to the penalties people face for assaulting LEOs. sh1t they damn near tried to ki1l him, no?? I’m glad he got paid. But they needed more done to them.
+3   

1 month ago '09        #24
Polygod 
Props total: 2135 2 K  Slaps total: 1615 1 K
 Sin said 🔗

Because the majority of cops are racist and think the majority of black people are criminals.

While the majority of black people hate cops and think the majority of cops are racist.

And the thing is you turn on a screen and you can see both groups CONSTANTLY perpetuating the stereotypes

So you have two majorities of groups that broad stroke each other.

1 month ago '11        #25
 TheAntiSimp said 🔗
I said nothing about him being a cop
You are obviously bored, nothing to do
And absorb all of your mother behavioral traits

He's a sell out n1gga, a plant
At a protest working against his own people
We’re all bored, if we had anything better to do we wouldn’t be on boxden lol

I had an uncle who was a cop, my father brother

He could tell you all of the corruption happening behind the scenes

I’d rather a black cop in the crowd looking at a small glimpse of the potential other who could have been in the crowd
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2018
Mase says before Pac got shot in ‘94, he was a NY rapper. Became Instant LA af..
133 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+2717
Video inside May 26 - Israel attacks Rafah UN Relief and Works camp
261 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
May 26 - RFK Jr. eliminated in first round of Libertarian Party’s presidential..
42 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Why Aren't People Going to the Movies (is the wrong question)
176 comments
19 hours ago
@movies