online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

When the M.night twist is actually interesting, but spoiled from the trailer.

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '14        #1
1318 page views
24 comments

DocAdelphia  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x142
Props total: 299999 299 K  Slaps total: 69429 69 K
When the M.night twist is actually interesting, but spoiled from the trailer.

+8   

icon
best
icon
worst
24 comments

1 month ago '09        #2
Tom B. Stone 
Props total: 20228 20 K  Slaps total: 3361 3 K
Nothing was spoiled. That is the premise of the movie. Not the twist.
+15   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '14        #3
DocAdelphia  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x142 OP
 Tom B. Stone said 🔗
Nothing was spoiled. That is the premise of the movie. Not the twist.
We following the main character of the movie him being the villain.

Imagine we didnít know that.

Adds some depth to a theater viewing. This donít make me wanna go out to the theater.

For a second tho. Seemed like some tension filled sh1t. Now itís just looks like a borderline entertaining m.night classic
emoji
job.

Cause thatís what he always does. Maybe he wonít here. But for him. Thatís a twist. The hook to see the movie.

He advertising it as such. M.night a hardcore film head heís about the movie theater experience peep the sh1t heís recently dropped.
+3   

1 month ago '09        #4
Tom B. Stone 
Props total: 20228 20 K  Slaps total: 3361 3 K
The main character being bad isn’t the twist. Showing that in the trailer is simply telling us the premise. A notorious serial ki1ler is trapped inside an arena full of people including his daughter as the police search for him. The twist will be something like the daughter is in on it, or the guy chained up is the actual bad guy. Or a million different things. Having the twist be that the main character is actually the ki1ler is such a surface level twist that is far below M. Night’s talents. It’s the kind of thing everyone expects. I’m glad they got that out of the way in the trailer.
+25   

1 month ago '06        #5
V For Vendetta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 18433 18 K  Slaps total: 1384 1 K
 Tom B. Stone said 🔗
The main character being bad isnít the twist. Showing that in the trailer is simply telling us the premise. A notorious serial ki1ler is trapped inside an arena full of people including his daughter as the police search for him. The twist will be something like the daughter is in on it, or the guy chained up is the actual bad guy. Or a million different things. Having the twist be that the main character is actually the ki1ler is such a surface level twist that is far below M. Nightís talents. Itís the kind of thing everyone expects. Iím glad they got that out of the way in the trailer.
100% this
+4   

1 month ago '11        #6
TonePadrino 
Props total: 4765 4 K  Slaps total: 292 292

+3   

1 month ago '24        #7
50 Dollars 
Props total: 1477 1 K  Slaps total: 44 44
Ever since Batman vSuperman I never watched a trailer since

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '14        #8
 Tom B. Stone said 🔗
The main character being bad isn’t the twist. Showing that in the trailer is simply telling us the premise. A notorious serial ki1ler is trapped inside an arena full of people including his daughter as the police search for him. The twist will be something like the daughter is in on it, or the guy chained up is the actual bad guy. Or a million different things. Having the twist be that the main character is actually the ki1ler is such a surface level twist that is far below M. Night’s talents. It’s the kind of thing everyone expects. I’m glad they got that out of the way in the trailer.
Aight so counterpoint: mknight been a gimmick director since the beginning. Everything he makes, has a twist.

It’s not even like the twists De bad. There amusing just improperly executed.

I like the look and the hook. I just feel it’s so good. He should’ve kept that under the tuck and sold it as a cop operation gone haywire while he’s there. Woulda been a fun action movie change up for knight just to hit us over the head while op for him when we see it.

This was one of the twists he should’ve kept in the tuck. It’s subverting the expectation I’m watching the hero. Feels like a “twist@ to me.
emoji

Last edited by DocAdelphia; 04-18-2024 at 02:45 PM..
+1   

1 month ago '05        #9
micseles 
Props total: 22965 22 K  Slaps total: 2330 2 K
No such thing as a spoiler this way...show me all the trailers and extra scenes lol

1 month ago '17        #10
Drewsmit 
Props total: 47993 47 K  Slaps total: 6124 6 K
I stop the trailer at the bathroom stall.

M.Neezy been in his bag lately
+1   

1 month ago '14        #11
Sphynx 
Props total: 144847 144 K  Slaps total: 33562 33 K
 Tom B. Stone said 🔗
The main character being bad isnít the twist. Showing that in the trailer is simply telling us the premise. A notorious serial ki1ler is trapped inside an arena full of people including his daughter as the police search for him. The twist will be something like the daughter is in on it, or the guy chained up is the actual bad guy. Or a million different things. Having the twist be that the main character is actually the ki1ler is such a surface level twist that is far below M. Nightís talents. Itís the kind of thing everyone expects. Iím glad they got that out of the way in the trailer.
Basically. And itís an interesting premise for a movie on top of that. This idea that even serial murders have families and people who they care about is WAY more interesting than a trailer where heís hiding that major plot point (not twist)

So this was supposed to be a trailer that presents a movie about a dad taking his daughter to a concert and one of the random 20k people in the arena is a ki1ler. Thatís so bland, and nonsensical like a boring 1980s slasher

This trailer has stakes. What if the BTK ki1ler had to balance the fact that the feds have him cornered, and that his daughter (who idolizes him) is present?

What OP is presenting is the exact type of hack filmmaking that people often accuse M Night of in the first place. Like when you went to see the movie the first think you wouldnít guess is that heís the ki1ler
emoji
+3   

1 month ago '05        #12
The Utmost 
Props total: 16719 16 K  Slaps total: 1463 1 K
 Tom B. Stone said 🔗
i hope you're right
emoji

1 month ago '07        #13
r.burgundy 
Props total: 53457 53 K  Slaps total: 8009 8 K
 DocAdelphia said 🔗

Adds some depth to a theater viewing. This donít make me wanna go out to the theater.

For a second tho. Seemed like some tension filled sh1t. Now itís just looks like a borderline entertaining m.night classic
emoji
job.

Cause thatís what he always does. Maybe he wonít here. But for him. Thatís a twist. The hook to see the movie.

He advertising it as such. M.night a hardcore film head heís about the movie theater experience peep the sh1t heís recently dropped.
Yeah i agree. Trailer revealed way too damn much

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '14        #14
 Sphynx said 🔗
Basically. And it’s an interesting premise for a movie on top of that. This idea that even serial murders have families and people who they care about is WAY more interesting than a trailer where he’s hiding that major plot point (not twist)

So this was supposed to be a trailer that presents a movie about a dad taking his daughter to a concert and one of the random 20k people in the arena is a ki1ler. That’s so bland, and nonsensical like a boring 1980s slasher

This trailer has stakes. What if the BTK ki1ler had to balance the fact that the feds have him cornered, and that his daughter (who idolizes him) is present?

What OP is presenting is the exact type of hack filmmaking that people often accuse M Night of in the first place. Like when you went to see the movie the first think you wouldn’t guess is that he’s the ki1ler
emoji

And all of a sudden I just made this movie really interesting to talk about.

I have no clue how hey. You went to the Taylor swift concert.

And found out AT THE CONCERT the sh1t is a set up to catch a ki1ler. Ok.

You’re insane to say that’s boring.

This is the point of the trailer, where you super cut a bunch of action sh1t, cars flipping, people running screaming, police radio chatter spliced with scenes cutting in and out.

No. Instead. Let’s drop the drama, the stakes and set up of the classic question of what do you do NOW ?

And instead asked what will he do ? Now you have put all this weight on a ki1ler I don’t know now you gotta sell me on the ki1ler, that’s the problem I’m pointing out.

You talking about hack. Nah, knight putting mad pressure on himself and setting himself up to fail.

He HAD the chance to say hold up wait let’s do this differently instead he couldn’t help himself and had to show off

The hook is seeing the lead as the bad and work their way through the escalated situation. Aight.

Would’ve been an easy way to escalate and introduce the actual stakes instead of cooking the stakes and now putting the entire weight of the movie on the escape.

Last edited by DocAdelphia; 04-18-2024 at 03:53 PM..

1 month ago '05        #15
Hadal Zone 
Props total: 44371 44 K  Slaps total: 1525 1 K
Lady Raven is the ki1ler
emoji
+4   

1 month ago '04        #16
Burym3ag 
Props total: 4353 4 K  Slaps total: 418 418
oooo this looks good
+1   

1 month ago '04        #17
collegeboy58 
Props total: 38789 38 K  Slaps total: 1844 1 K
As much as I dislike his movies, he’s original and I still watch. This one seems interesting.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #18
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 147587 147 K  Slaps total: 8349 8 K
I thought the ki1ler was gonna get the daughter
emoji
but the ki1ler came with the daughter
emoji
idk how to feel about it... I do know i wish I had some movie popcorn right about now
emoji
maybe catch it on the humble. Not really into movies like saw and sh1t
+1   

1 month ago '04        #19
knotmydayever 
Props total: 1882 1 K  Slaps total: 122 122
Why does the t-shirt guy know why the cops are there? And why would the t-shirt guy tell a stranger the police set a trap for a serial ki1ler (who only goes by a nickname and I presume no one has ever seen?)
+1   

1 month ago '15        #20
Hellmatic 
Props total: 99007 99 K  Slaps total: 8544 8 K
 Hadal Zone said 🔗
Lady Raven is the ki1ler
emoji
emoji
or the daughter
+1   

1 month ago '13        #21
IamDaGawd 
Props total: 19894 19 K  Slaps total: 6526 6 K
Never watched a movie that from m night that I didn't enjoy throughout
+3   

1 month ago '16        #22
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 170070 170 K  Slaps total: 5417 5 K
 DocAdelphia said 🔗

emoji
job.

the twist is its probably the daughter or he is not the serial ki1ler they are looking for he just happens to be there
+1   

1 month ago '16        #23
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 170070 170 K  Slaps total: 5417 5 K
 Tom B. Stone said 🔗
yeah this

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '14        #24
 AfroBucks88 said 🔗
the twist is its probably the daughter or he is not the serial ki1ler they are looking for he just happens to be there
At this point, I just want this sh1t to drop for the discussion of the mechanics of how n1ggas feel M night SHOULDVE have done it.

Cause this thread active with theories.
emoji
+1   

1 month ago '07        #25
Bullseye 
Props total: 15492 15 K  Slaps total: 3065 3 K
 IamDaGawd said 🔗
Never watched a movie that from m night that I didn't enjoy throughout
I ain't seen all of his movies but I agree for the ones I've seen. I don't get all the hate. Dude got great imagination and originality. Trap looks real good! Will be checking.
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
How a Woman can set you back 🐢
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+1249
Video inside Ex Husband Responds To Single Mom Who Baked Herself A Cake For Her Birt..
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+797
Single mom bakes herself a cake for her birthday
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo Shilo Sanders declares bankruptcy over $11 Million judgement
99 comments