online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

THEORY: Joe Budden Believes That Drake Owns Their Publishing Via Larry Jackson's Gamma

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #1
18368 page views
351 comments

Crodie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 67134 67 K  Slaps total: 17214 17 K
icon THEORY: Joe Budden Believes That Drake Owns Their Publishing Via Larry Jackson's Gamma

https://www.reddit.com/r/ .. ced_gamma_has/

Joe has been pondering for a while why Drake is spending so much time with s3xxy Redd and he theorised (in the first link) that it might be because Drake owns some of Gamma which owns the publishing for various artists including her, 4Batz (explaining the random feature for an obvious plant), Rick Ross, Ice Spice, Usher etc.

Which means Drop and Gimme 50 means potentially more than just Top owning 50% of Kendrick's music.

Drake really on his
emoji
sh1t and that's the reason these dudes are really mad

@That Dude looks like you might be right after that post earlier today

Those Interscope bars looking real different in the light when you wonder what's really in Drake's 400m UMG contract. Drake really taunting that man to drop to expose he owns him

emoji

edit:

Here's a thread with someone breaking it down further from ktt2. Credits to the OG poster on there

This will be a deep dive and requires a little bit of connecting dots,

I wouldn’t troll here and this simply what I found. What started as researching gamma, opened a bunch of doors and connections.

Long thread. This will get spooky

TLDR gamma is propped up by a massive media, promo machine and UAE that covers all types of content. Drake has a likely quiet deal or cut of gamma thru his relationship with Larry Jackson and has a weird track record with Eldridge Industries, Gamma’s parent company which itself has ties to UMG

I was already researching this stuff before the JBP and I was surprised and happy to hear Joe call it out. He can tell some fu#k sh1t going on but I don’t think he sees the larger puzzle like here yet.

_______

______

Larry Jackson was key in signing deals for AM exclusives, most importantly Drake and OVO Sound Radio. It was a good deal for both sides; Drake and Larry got close

Drake provided Apple exclusive content, Apple promoted Drake music
_________

Larry Jackson maintained the position at Apple until 2023 when he founded “gamma.” with the previous Interscope (UMG) CFO Ike Youssef.

Yousseff would describe how gamma existed as an idea from their Interscope days. Gamma goes on to raise a billion dollars with partners including Clive Davis, Apple and majority investor Todd Boehly.

Gamma also acquired a distribution platform, Vydia. Which means owning The Shade Room, and distribution rights for artists like Usher and Rick Ross among others.

However it does not end at just gamma. because of course gamma has a parent company. Despite advertising themselves as a major label alternative, gamma has more connections and power any label
_______

Todd Boehly is a very wealthy powerful business owner that has dozens of companies in every sector under his holding company Eldridge Industries. Including gamma

Eldridge Industries owns all of the following in music, media, entertainment and sports:
 https://www.eldridge.com/businesses/

gamma.
Billboard / Billboard music awards
Rolling Stone
Deadline
Variety
A24
SXSW
The Shade Room
Deadline
Daily Hits Double
Luminate
d1ck Clark Productions
The Hollywood Reporter
VIBE
Life is Beautiful
Golden Globes
Latin Music Awards
American Music Awards
Streamy Awards
ViralNation
Los Angeles Dodgers
Chelsea FC

With behind the scenes ownership on all these brands, they can plant and cross promote their artists and products to create an illusion of popularity, critical acclaim, and importance

_______

Now remember Larry and Drake were close in the Apple days. On Family Feud, Drake raps *“somebody get Larry Jackson on the phone, I need some ownership if we pressin go”*

There’s also a bar on the leaked version of Splash Bros that Drake sent the C&D for. *“Lucian and me are like Kobe & Shaquille - that’s the reason going independent never had an appeal”* SMHHHH

Larry also knew Drake sent the C&D and thought it was “funny”

I agree with JBP that Drake has equity or in gamma or gets publishing off their artists, possibly via his mega deal with UMG. UMG also has their own ties to the Eldridge Industries empire.

The former CEO of UMG South Africa, Sipho Dlamini just joined gamma as one of their global ambassadors
_____

Drake has been heavily promoting s3xyy on tour, videos, IG, music, etc. and also been promoting 4batz. However that 4batz one EP OVO deal is smoke and mirrors marketing - he’s gamma since day 1. and perhaps hints a deeper relationship between Drake, UMG and gamma. And before you say cap Larry slipped on latest Joe Budden podcast and said thanks supporting s3xy and 4batz ahhh ok ok I see u larry lol

s3xyy Red and 4batz are the first full artists of gamma and the signs are clear of the manipulation (remember the brands owned by Eldridge Industries) in how they position gamma and their talent. Rolling Stone gave s3xy #1 song of the year lol

Lucian/UMG are partnered with Eldridge and Boehly. the ties and signs are too obvious. Look at these articles gassing up UMGs dealings and protecting Lucian from the feds.

________

It goes deeper

Remember when Drake signed that big UMG deal? Look who made sure we all knew! Variety and VIBE = #EldridgeOwnsIt

You ever wonder why Drake said fu#k the Grammys but still showed up every year to Billboard Music Awards? Look at the banner in the back, d1ck Clark Prod and Billboard Music Awards? #EldridgeOwnsIt

You wonder how Drake got the A24 exec producer deal for Euphoria? A24? #EldridgeOwnsIt

Remember when Drake “rented” Dodger stadium? Todd Boehly owns the team and everyone had to know. Dodgers Stadium and Billboard? #EldridgeOwnsIt

Oh and who owns Luminate? (fka Nielsen, that reports music sales) OHHH and they merged the Rollin Stone charts and announced it at SXSW. So they own the charts *and* how the data is counted! #EldridgeOwnsAllOfIt

https://luminatedata.com/about/

Who owns the Streamy Awards and why did Drake start hanging around content creators at the same time Boehly invested in Viral Nation? A social media management and brand partnership company based in Toronto? #EldridgeOwnsIt

UMG, gamma, Eldridge its all one massive propaganda machine. Drake equipped with their enterprise of social media, labels, media and “award shows” this is all cooked. Not just Drake but this system can be used for any of their artist.

Gamma is already worth $400 million with this system in place and just got a $100 million investment from a shell company tied with the UAE in Feb. Look what drizzy got from the UAE a few weeks later…..

I might be missing a piece or two but this goes deep. I’ll keep going too.
 https://ktt2.com/how-umg- .. u-and-32569617

@ronnie

Last edited by Crodie; 04-17-2024 at 07:15 PM..
+99   

icon
best
icon
worst
351 comments

1 month ago '19        #2
Big Gurthy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37413 37 K  Slaps total: 4074 4 K
Bruh if that’s true that’s both the most j3wish thing he could do and also how u boss up on n1ggas talking down on u behind your back.
+150   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #3
Crodie  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32 OP

If ya pub was up for sale I'll buy the whole thing

sh1t getting spooky

emoji

Last edited by Crodie; 04-17-2024 at 05:08 PM..
+79   

1 month ago '22        #4
BreakkerSzn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x110
Props total: 195142 195 K  Slaps total: 230593 230 K

+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #5
 Big Gurthy said 🔗
Bruh if that’s true that’s both the most j3wish thing he could do and also how u boss up on n1ggas talking down on u behind your back.
He really thinks he's Michael Jackson. sh1t went downhill for Mike after he did that deal. r@pe allegations otw

emoji

1 month ago '18        #6
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 147576 147 K  Slaps total: 8348 8 K
I'm happy I didn't watch this on worldstar earlier. Knew n1ggas would bring the cliffs
emoji
+54   

1 month ago '06        #7
Curtisimo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10918 10 K  Slaps total: 2400 2 K
Yeah I finally gave in an bought the 10 dollar patreon and it's an interesting theory.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Drake got a deal with the labels nobody else got which is why all the artists are mad

I mean if we gon call him whiteboy it's only right he act like a j3w
emoji

There's definatly something deeper than just jealousy and fycking n1ggaz girl
I would feel a certain way if we gave you your sauce and flip around and start acting like the machine we as black people are so against (the cease and desist against french)

I'm listening to the Joe budden akademiks episode now
+25   

1 month ago '13        #8
CrunchTime CDN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 42985 42 K  Slaps total: 9454 9 K
Industry Plants
+13   

1 month ago '04        #9
Mike T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 119602 119 K  Slaps total: 13515 13 K
Oh so, n1ggas thought Drake being part j3wish. After being the #1 artist wasnt going to acclimate a % of something from the music industry in his lifetime?

Now if he picked the artist instead of some blanket deal that would be some cold sh1t.

Last edited by Mike T; 04-17-2024 at 07:53 PM..
+8   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #10
Yea for sure J Cole gonna look like a visionary at the end of this sh1t

emoji
+81   

1 month ago '13        #11
Dodgers 
Props total: 17394 17 K  Slaps total: 2931 2 K
Drake got the j3w Deal.

Who’s Surpsired?
+75   

1 month ago '07        #12
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 125563 125 K  Slaps total: 11802 11 K
He not standing next to s3xy Red for nothing

He has to promote their agenda

& His culture ensures he gets paid cuz they run the industry

emoji
+98   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #13
Who the CEO of Universal cause Google saying Lucian but sh1t just doesn't make sense

emoji
+3   

1 month ago '04        #14
Real 
Props total: 51976 51 K  Slaps total: 8348 8 K
Bruh. If this is true....

i can't wait to see n1ggas have to downplay this ether while still having to force themselves to laugh at "Dockers with no underwear on" jokes

+12   

1 month ago '08        #15
halftime 
Props total: 34154 34 K  Slaps total: 4560 4 K
if true there’s smart. you can’t get upset at him for using his white side to get perks. future using one cup of lean he had in 08 to build a whole career.
+48   

1 month ago '11        #16
Devan7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3230 3 K  Slaps total: 79 79
If it's true, I guess that's Drake's nuke then.

or one of em.

emoji
+8   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #17
 Devan7 said 🔗
If it's true, I guess that's Drake's nuke then.

or one of em.

emoji
We never getting a Kendrick response if this goes viral

emoji

Unless he ain't mind giving Drake 50%

emoji
+17   

1 month ago '15        #18
Jad95  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21288 21 K  Slaps total: 2303 2 K
 Real said 🔗
Bruh. If this is true....

i can't wait to see n1ggas have to downplay this ether while still having to force themselves to laugh at "Dockers with no underwear on" jokes

Fam, the implications of what they are saying is (or should) only be funny to those who benefit. But if you not one of “them” , trust me, they got your number too. Only 1 group of people think it’s funny that “somebody” owns the politicians in the US, and that same group would find this funny. Everybody else can only laugh out of ignorance.
+45   

1 month ago '09        #19
rexplosive  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 26777 26 K  Slaps total: 2490 2 K
 BrooklynDamien said 🔗
I'm happy I didn't watch this on worldstar earlier. Knew n1ggas would bring the cliffs
emoji
Yoo, Iknow to each their own but this whole podcast world is wild

they literally had to snip a 10 MINUTE VIDEO of a "BEEF" hahahaha

so the whole podcast was a couple hours? of joe budden just talking
+3   

1 month ago '18        #20
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 147576 147 K  Slaps total: 8348 8 K
 rexplosive said 🔗
Yoo, Iknow to each their own but this whole podcast world is wild

they literally had to snip a 10 MINUTE VIDEO of a "BEEF" hahahaha

so the whole podcast was a couple hours? of joe budden just talking
Some ppl like to hear dude talk man.
emoji
+4   

1 month ago '11        #21
Devan7  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3230 3 K  Slaps total: 79 79
 Dale Mami said 🔗
We never getting a Kendrick response if this goes viral

emoji

Unless he ain't mind giving Drake 50%

emoji

I think he gotta drop it anyway, too many eyes and ears on it now. Everybody and they momma waiting on this record.

He just seen what cole did, he don't wanna look pu$$y in front of the world. Drake just steps/chess moves ahead. Cole apologizing might have accidentally helped Drake's strategy.

IF its all true of course.
+7   

1 month ago '04        #22
Real 
Props total: 51976 51 K  Slaps total: 8348 8 K
 Jad95 said 🔗
Fam, the implications of what they are saying is (or should) only be funny to those who benefit. But if you not one of “them” , trust me, they got your number too. Only 1 group of people think it’s funny that “somebody” owns the politicians in the US, and that same group would find this funny. Everybody else can only laugh out of ignorance.
Nah. Bx shambles definitely outweigh all of this for me
emoji
emoji
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '16        #23
 Devan7 said 🔗
I think he gotta drop it anyway, too many eyes and ears on it now. Everybody and they momma waiting on this record.

He just seen what cole did, he don't wanna look pu$$y in front of the world. Drake just steps/chess moves ahead. Cole apologizing might have accidentally helped Drake's strategy.

IF its all true of course.
sh1t he can't claim to be a big stepper if he doesn't but this looks terrible. I told dudes earlier today that we already know exactly what they're gonna use against Drake but we don't know what Drake has on Kendrick. This is an atomic bomb. No matter what Kendrick says how do you come back from this being true if it is? I'm genuinely asking

1 month ago '22        #24
ManBoyUNFDBL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 22412 22 K  Slaps total: 2749 2 K
 ManBoyUNFDBL said 🔗
Just follow the money bruh…

…Larry Jackson, Gamma, Apple Music, Drake, s3xy Redd.

And we ain’t even gon start on the 400 UMG gave Drake…

…boy you work wit wh0ever the fu#k we say you work wit.

Your favorite rappers (some of mine too) are employees - employees do what they’re instructed to do…

…and current war fanboy battle aside, I’m not even sayin that sh1t tryna play Drake or any of our other favorites, I’m just tryna put it all in perspective.

And the thing about it, Joe Budden knows this too - he just say sh1t like this to keep goin viral because his business depends on it.

One day one of these lil rappin a$s n1ggas gon “Bane” this whole sh1t…

…they just gotta not get ki1led in the process:

↪🔗

↪🔗
+2   

1 month ago '14        #25
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x49
Props total: 301054 301 K  Slaps total: 35271 35 K
If MJ can buy the Beatles catalog and all the other artists publishing he got with the ATV deal then I’m fine with what’s happening here
emoji
+11   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+2416
audio inside Moneybagg Yo - Air Ball (Big30 Diss Reply)
110 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3016
Article inside Alfonso Ribeiro Says His ‘Fresh Prince Of Bel Air’ Role Ended His Act..
105 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Speeding BBL Bandit
69 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 18 - Nearly All Popeyes Locations in Central Georgia Abruptly Close
102 comments
2 days ago
@news