online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

MUST SEE: JOYNER LUCAS BREAKS DOWN THE TRICKS LABELS USE TO SIGN YOU! part 1

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '10        #1
2124 page views
46 comments

MIDUFINGACEO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 23344 23 K  Slaps total: 3196 3 K
icon MUST SEE: JOYNER LUCAS BREAKS DOWN THE TRICKS LABELS USE TO SIGN YOU! part 1

YT
+19   

icon
best
icon
worst
46 comments

2 weeks ago '06        #2
authenic 
Props total: 10959 10 K  Slaps total: 2312 2 K
U see what we did for meek .... lol
+6   

2 weeks ago '20        #3
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 24031 24 K  Slaps total: 3328 3 K
Bruh where's the reat of the interview?
+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #4
blackninja 
Props total: 37593 37 K  Slaps total: 3843 3 K
Trick? If you are "tricked" into doing any type of business, you should not be doing business.

emoji

TexasPlayaMayne said 🔗
But most artist are uneducated, especially rappers. Label execs are able to prey on them, because of that, and they are desperate to make it in showbusiness.

I think allot of shady contracts should be null and void.
First off, I will NOT agree that most artists, especially rappers, are uneducated. Many artists do deals, including myself, and we do just fine.

Damn near EVERY contract i have gotten from major billion dollar companies was boilerplate "shady." My lawyer then made the move to negotiate the REAL contract for me to sign.

The fact is that unless a contact can magically change after you sign it, there are NO tricks. As long as no laws are broken contracts should not be null and void because someone was "unwise" enough to sign it. If you want to talk about shady, the first contracts that would be terminated would be high interest credit cards and loans that take advantage of a billion times more people than crooked recording contracts.

Ok back to the OG point:

You should NOT be doing business if you do the following:

Trust what is said to you instead of what is on paper in your contract.
Think you can negotiate your own contract.
Don't have enough sense or know how to retain a competent lawyer WHO IS ON YOUR SIDE.

I will say it again:

If you are "tricked" into doing any type of business, you should NOT be doing business.

emoji

bqstudios said 🔗
Its a sham to Joyner cause he never really popped and thinks its these labels fault. Joyner is ok , but he's not anyone that anyone wants to be.
I like Joyner, think he is a notable artist, and I like his music. He is just more back pack than pop so he never "popped." However, I was totally turned off by his new album cover and skipped it.

emoji

Last edited by blackninja; 04-02-2024 at 06:08 PM..
+20   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
TexasPlayaMayne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 28908 28 K  Slaps total: 22229 22 K
 blackninja said 🔗
Trick? If you are "tricked" into doing any type of business, you should not be doing business.

emoji
But most artist are uneducated, especially rappers. Label execs are able to prey on them, because of that, and they are desperate to make it in showbusiness.

+4   

2 weeks ago '05        #6
bqstudios  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37089 37 K  Slaps total: 4833 4 K
Its a sham to Joyner cause he never really popped and thinks its these labels fault. Joyner is ok , but he's not anyone that anyone wants to be.
+9   

2 weeks ago '14        #7
longliverick  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25604 25 K  Slaps total: 12908 12 K
He Sold his soul and he knows it
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #8
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x24
Props total: 97745 97 K  Slaps total: 8841 8 K
These rappers getting done like young women and don't even see the signs.
emoji
+9   

2 weeks ago '21        #9
blackreign 
Props total: 2293 2 K  Slaps total: 477 477
This entire interview should have been called "Joyner brings along some annoying n1gga with a fu#k up afro to talk for him while he sits there in silence for 2 hours"
+11   

2 weeks ago '11        #10
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 73013 73 K  Slaps total: 7443 7 K
Literally the same sh1t many have said and warned n1ggas waaaaaaay before a podcast was thought of...

Kudos
+8   

2 weeks ago '11        #11
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 73013 73 K  Slaps total: 7443 7 K
 blackreign said 🔗
This entire interview should have been called "Joyner brings along some annoying n1gga with a fu#k up afro to talk for him while he sits there in silence for 2 hours"
Lol I saw a clip where Joyner had a lot to say, but the lil Arabian-Panamanian looking n1gga was definitely doing too much talking for me to not even know who he was til I pressed play, lol!
+8   

2 weeks ago '22        #12
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 121368 121 K  Slaps total: 31490 31 K
 blackreign said 🔗
 Sinamatik CFR said 🔗
Lol I saw a clip where Joyner had a lot to say, but the lil Arabian-Panamanian looking n1gga was definitely doing too much talking for me to not even know who he was til I pressed play, lol!
I actually preferred him talking over Joyner... Seems like he's the one who was actually handling the business and dealing with the labels.
+8   

2 weeks ago '22        #13
F0RTUN4T0 
Props total: 5029 5 K  Slaps total: 1753 1 K
 TexasPlayaMayne said 🔗

Have a lawyer look at the contract before signing anything.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #14
MC Gusto  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 21809 21 K  Slaps total: 2893 2 K
 MIDUFINGACEO said 🔗
↪🔗
Boston n1ggas is different
+2   

2 weeks ago '19        #15
jlem 
Props total: 22275 22 K  Slaps total: 658 658
Cats need to read the "fine print" in these contracts.

Signing to a major label is great but if the deal isn't right, it's not going to do anything but keep you indebted to the record label.

emoji

Those 100,000-dollar advances aren't payment for your album. That's a loan that you have to pay back and then some. Cats don't understand that and don't have proper representation to let them know what they're signing.

emoji

The first thing they want to do is go out and buy j3welry, throw money in the strip club, or ball out in designer stores to put on for folks and show that they "made it".

emoji

My wife's an entertainment attorney and she explains the fine print to her clients. She lets them know whether or not a contract is fair or not, but she doesn't have any say so on what the client decides to do.

For the most part her advice is taken though. However, there are those that choose to overlook her advice because of the excitement of being on a big or notable record label.

emoji

She's doesn't go back and forth with her clients. She makes her professional judgement and it's up to them to decide. She gets paid either way.

emoji

It's like the old adage says, "You can lead a horse to water...."

emoji
+14   

2 weeks ago '04        #16
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x141
Props total: 266134 266 K  Slaps total: 30955 30 K
Might cop that Gucci jacket, I’ve been eyeing that sh1t for a couple weeks now
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #17
Roso  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 157 157  Slaps total: 261 261
 Riley escobar said 🔗
Joyner popped imo. If your making money off your music your successful considering the amount of rappers and artists in the game that aren’t making money off their music. He may not be drake level or a A list rapper but it really isn’t a lot of n1ggas at that tier however it’s plenty of n1ggas below that level still eating good.

selling your art is one of the hardest things to do just in general
I meant to dap my bad. You’re absolutely right
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #18
erickonasis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 109731 109 K  Slaps total: 14271 14 K
not clicking a fed video

2 weeks ago '21        #19
HesOnFire 
Props total: 12961 12 K  Slaps total: 648 648
n1gga signing contracts with label appointed lawyers lmao most of them are desperate to get on and will do anything . You do t even need a label today or streaming services you can completely cut out the middle man I wish most artist would get hip to blockchain tech In music
+5   

2 weeks ago '06        #20
Icee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54260 54 K  Slaps total: 3670 3 K
Joyner has used the same LP rollout multiple times , we get it!

2 weeks ago '08        #21
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 20422 20 K  Slaps total: 3386 3 K
In a contract

You can cross out whatever you don’t like. The other party can review and choose to accept or not accept.

Just fyi it applies to anything in your life not just these “rappers”
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #22
Acebit 
Props total: 15749 15 K  Slaps total: 3260 3 K
 F0RTUN4T0 said 🔗
Have a lawyer look at the contract before signing anything.
Exactly and most of the time they only want 1-3%
+1   

2 weeks ago '19        #23
jlem 
Props total: 22275 22 K  Slaps total: 658 658
 J_Clarity13 said 🔗
In a contract

You can cross out whatever you don’t like. The other party can review and choose to accept or not accept.

Just fyi it applies to anything in your life not just these “rappers”
Absolute Truth!

emoji

It can be done with ANY contract! We've done it multiple times. Especially with things involving our kids.

A lot of contracts involving your kids traveling to a school sanctioned event have liability clauses in them that protect the school in the event your kid gets hurt.

Nah. We'll redline that sh1t and place our initials next to it and send it back with our kids to school. Not once has it come back home with them.

emoji

You think I'm about absolve you of liability when you're supposed to be looking out for my kid's safety?

emoji

Nah. Daffuq you think this is?

emoji
+6   

2 weeks ago '15        #24
BalmainReyes 
Props total: 7829 7 K  Slaps total: 568 568
 HesOnFire said 🔗
n1gga signing contracts with label appointed lawyers lmao most of them are desperate to get on and will do anything . You do t even need a label today or streaming services you can completely cut out the middle man I wish most artist would get hip to blockchain tech In music
Well put us on mayne

I’ve looked into blockchain releases before..I think the biggest hurdle is getting people to support purchasing through that way. The trouble of having getting them to understand the blockchain, etc..
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #25
lars  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 43871 43 K  Slaps total: 3551 3 K
Those tactics work cause most artist don't come from good community, they don't have knowledge on how people try to jerk them. It's a numbers game that labels leverage in their favor.
+2   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo 5 star Cormani McClain transferring from Colorado
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+4514
Video inside Only fans creators crash while making content in car (autopilot)
78 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+7714
Diddy allegedly had s*xual intercourse with Carl Winslow
227 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+328
logo Jontay Porter receives lifetime NBA ban