online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

RCS to Apple Fall 2024

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 weeks ago '06        #1
570 page views
8 comments

LYTE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36212 36 K  Slaps total: 2841 2 K
RCS to Apple Fall 2024

The Android website has added a new landing page for Google Messages that talks about the first-party messaging experience, while also noting that RCS on the iPhone is coming in fall 2024.

A section describing the benefits of RCS — high-res photo/videos, typing indicators, and a better group chat experience — talks about how it’s “Coming soon on iOS.”

Apple has announced it will be adopting RCS in the fall of 2024. Once that happens, it will mean a better messaging experience for everyone.

When Apple made the RCS announcement in November of 2023, it provided a “later next year” timeline. Most people have assumed that to mean iOS 18 rather than iOS 17. Google’s mention today more or less confirms that. Meanwhile, it’s not clear whether it will arrive with the initial 18.0 release or a .X/point update in the last few months of 2024.

In this section, Google also states that animated emoji reactions are “Coming soon with RCS.” The current approach is handled by the Google Messages client, while iOS has something similar. This might suggest that reactions will be part of the RCS specification in the future.

This is actually the second product page for Google Messages, with the original being messages.google.com. (That site hasn’t been updated to reflect the removal of the Google Photos integration.)

Meanwhile, Google identifies Screen Effects and Custom Bubbles as “currently in beta.” In talking about Voice Moods, there is curiously no beta label. Update: Some people have received Voice Moods, but it is not yet widely rolled out to the beta program. This includes a redesigned voice recorder UI, which opens a half-pane instead of requiring you to long-press.

Elsewhere, Google makes a big deal about highlighting Photomoji, blocking spam, end-to-end encryption, Magic Compose, the Wear OS app, tablet experience, nudges/reminders, and voice tr@nscription.

https://9to5google.com/20 .. rcs-fall-2024/

icon
best
icon
worst
8 comments

3 weeks ago '17        #2
Thierry Henry 
Props total: 25902 25 K  Slaps total: 778 778

+7   

2 weeks ago '06        #3
nolimit34744  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 1866 1 K  Slaps total: 183 183
RCS May come as soon as June as iOS 18 comes out on the 2nd week of June (DEVS only)
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #4
LYTE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 36212 36 K  Slaps total: 2841 2 K
 nolimit34744 said 🔗
RCS May come as soon as June as iOS 18 comes out on the 2nd week of June (DEVS only)
So that's when DEVS figure out how to incorporate their apps with or into it??

2 weeks ago '08        #5
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 90024 90 K  Slaps total: 4889 4 K
Apple held out as long as they could. Good to see they are FINALLY publicly deploying this.

What really pisses me off is that IOS intentionally lowers video quality when sending a video between Apple and Android devices. Hopefully with RCS, it will no longer be an issue.

Hopefully.
+4   

2 weeks ago '11        #6
Slingy 
Props total: 14492 14 K  Slaps total: 3787 3 K
Now I can stop beefing with @🔗 about iMessage vs Android.
emoji
+2   

2 weeks ago '09        #7
Moreno650 
Props total: 695 695  Slaps total: 10 10
 Chedda said 🔗
Apple held out as long as they could. Good to see they are FINALLY publicly deploying this.

What really pisses me off is that IOS intentionally lowers video quality when sending a video between Apple and Android devices. Hopefully with RCS, it will no longer be an issue.

Hopefully.
its what i am hoping for. i always prefered android over iOS. but the wifey and the rest of the fam pretty much got iPhones...

i hoping that is the case.

2 weeks ago '08        #8
Chedda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 90024 90 K  Slaps total: 4889 4 K
 Moreno650 said 🔗
its what i am hoping for. i always prefered android over iOS. but the wifey and the rest of the fam pretty much got iPhones...

i hoping that is the case.
I had one homie that tried justifying getting an iphone cause all his kids got them and he needed the facetime feature.

I hit him with....

"Uhhh, iPhones can still Facetime Androids"

He was all "No they can't"

I said "Yup! All they have to do is open Facetime app and click CREATE LINK and text it to the person who has an android."

emoji
+2   

4 days ago '05        #9
bqstudios  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37089 37 K  Slaps total: 4833 4 K
Finally Late as always.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+7717
Diddy allegedly had s*xual intercourse with Carl Winslow
228 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
logo 5 star Cormani McClain transferring from Colorado
83 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-369
Video inside 18 year old sentenced to 45 years on his birthday..
39 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Drug Trafficking Queen of Philly: Thelma Wright (America's Most Evil)
17 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish