War of the Worlds (2005)

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
180 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 Cents Ex Jumpoff Booty Is On Point
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
153 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA KD & Klay - Shoot till you miss
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many popcorns does 'War of the Worlds' deserve?
Do Not See 70 7.16%
Disappointing 170 17.40%
Was Okay 255 26.10%
Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD 265 27.12%
Amazing!! Will see again!! 217 22.21%
Voters: 977. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #81
krs1 
space
space
space
$2,106 | Props total: 4 4
the movie started off great but the ending kinda left alot of gaps unfilled like how the fu*k did his son manage to run through all that crap being blown up and still be in boston. other then that great movie. alot of funny comments were made that the whole theater laughed at. " come on, look it's 4th of july", after seeing people get zapped tom cruise runs in the house all shook.
 11 years ago '04        #82
leftyjr35 
space
space
space
$186 | Props total: 0 0
very disappointing
 07-02-2005, 07:54 PM         #83
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Cool said:
people on BX have NO taste in movies....people on here thought state property 2 was great but say this movie sucks.... :wtf:

The movie was VERY well done and probably the best of this summer. People over-analyze movies to much....it was very well done. Oh and calling a 11 year old girl a bi*ch is real mature....stupid fu*ks. Dakota Fanning was great and is one of the few kid actors i like.
First of all, I didn't think State Prop. 2 was that great of a movie...I see a ton of movies (pretty much all that come to theatres, which the afore mentioned didn't), and W.O.W. was not that great of a movie....if you like special EFX or a worn out "perfect ending" that Speilberg throws at fans (see Minority Report), then this movie is great for you....

Second of all, the only thing that should be commended in this movie are the people who created the previews, b/c from what was shown, this movie should have been uncomparable....but it wasn't....it was lame....

How did the aliens not figure in the "over-powering" bacteria when burying these super-advanced destruction machines....how did they know to bury these machines where the huge cities would be (like NYC)....Dakota Fanning was annoying, and I'm a fan of hers....non-explanation of many aspects, sh*tty, unbelievable ending.....it just didn't live up to the hype....

Will not win ANY Academy Awards
 07-02-2005, 08:22 PM         #84
th@_v1LLa1n 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
See...I don't think they buried them in the major cities only...I think they were all over the place, they just showed the ones in New York because that's where Tom Cruise was. You saw the tripods in the valley that they were in, and I'm sure that's not really a major city. What I mean is, they didn't show what happened all over the world. They didn't show where all the tripod's were buried, so how do we know that they were only in the major cities? The happy ending was lame, and it did take some away from the movie...but not much, and not enough for me. I thought Dakota Fanning was annoying as hell in the first half of the movie, but she stopped after a while.

Think, the bacteria that k!lled the Aliens today probably wasn't as strong as it was when they buried them. They obviously buried them a LONG LONG time ago, before there was any humans on Earth (Humans that actually think like we do today...or in the past few hundred years). Bacteria and sickness's have gotten a lot worse in the past century/ies...so back then they were probably clueless. But, that's not what the point of the movie is. The movie wasn't made to explain what their reasons for being here was, how they got here, how they buried the tripods, why the storms came when they got here, etc. The movie was made to follow the book (which it did), the movie was made to leave us as clueless as it left the people involved. Yes, it was bullsh*t that his son survived through an explosion like that, but oh well...get over that, I saw that sh*t coming before I let it ruin the movie for me.

All in all it was a great movie. It explained what it had to explain, and it left the audience in the same state as the people in the movie.

But everybody has their own opinions....like somebody said a few posts backt, people either loved it or hated it. I do believe that it was over-hyped though, and if it was as good as the previews were...it would win awards.
 07-02-2005, 08:51 PM         #85
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 c0ck kn0cka said:
See...I don't think they buried them in the major cities only...I think they were all over the place, they just showed the ones in New York because that's where Tom Cruise was. You saw the tripods in the valley that they were in, and I'm sure that's not really a major city. What I mean is, they didn't show what happened all over the world. They didn't show where all the tripod's were buried, so how do we know that they were only in the major cities? The happy ending was lame, and it did take some away from the movie...but not much, and not enough for me. I thought Dakota Fanning was annoying as hell in the first half of the movie, but she stopped after a while.

Think, the bacteria that k!lled the Aliens today probably wasn't as strong as it was when they buried them. They obviously buried them a LONG LONG time ago, before there was any humans on Earth (Humans that actually think like we do today...or in the past few hundred years). Bacteria and sickness's have gotten a lot worse in the past century/ies...so back then they were probably clueless. But, that's not what the point of the movie is. The movie wasn't made to explain what their reasons for being here was, how they got here, how they buried the tripods, why the storms came when they got here, etc. The movie was made to follow the book (which it did), the movie was made to leave us as clueless as it left the people involved. Yes, it was bullsh*t that his son survived through an explosion like that, but oh well...get over that, I saw that sh*t coming before I let it ruin the movie for me.

All in all it was a great movie. It explained what it had to explain, and it left the audience in the same state as the people in the movie.

But everybody has their own opinions....like somebody said a few posts backt, people either loved it or hated it. I do believe that it was over-hyped though, and if it was as good as the previews were...it would win awards.

Guess I just don't like movies that have so many gaps...and I've seen the original, and read to book...
 07-02-2005, 11:06 PM         #86
leather face 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok, im not going to read if anyone explained what happened, but it seems a lot of you were confused, and unless you listened to morgan freeman at the very end of the movie, you had no idea what happened.

The aliens died b/c of bacteria. Humans (along with every living thing) build up immunity after being exposed to a bacteria long enough. The aliens hadnt developed an immunity to earths bacteria, so they died, almost like the plague. Whether this was related to the shields going down or not i dont know.

Considering theres been so many worse movies to come out lately, i was impressed with this movie. Comparing it to Independence Day of course you arent going to like it, ID was a classic. I enjoyed it cause i appriciate it for what it is.
 07-02-2005, 11:38 PM         #87
Snyder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gonna go see it
 07-03-2005, 03:48 PM         #88
stfukthnx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aliens dying cause of bacteria is one thing, but their machines losing their shields? Oh well, I won't complain, this movie was great, acting, effects, action, all good.

Last edited by stfukthnx; 07-03-2005 at 03:48 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #89
SupaMann 36 heat pts36
space
space
$4,900 | Props total: 582 582
Yea I guess the movie was ahight. I just think the ending could have been a bit more different.
 11 years ago '05        #90
txhotboy 
space
space
$4,875 | Props total: 204 204
the movie was aight.. could have been a lot better.. it got kinda boring and since i went wit my gal i was tryin 2 freak somethin instead of watchin da movie
 07-03-2005, 05:26 PM         #91
Sr. GT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Disappointing.

I didn't like it too much. Some of the action scenes were
dope, but the story sucked. Dakota Fanning is still the
best actress out, young or old.
 11 years ago '05        #92
BigBoi0105 
space
space
space
$597 | Props total: 0 0
was ok but didn't live up to the hype

[pic - click to view]

11 years ago '05        #93
2bigz 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$4,971 | Props total: 520 520
this movie was wack, begining was good and all, and i thought something great was goin to become of it then i realized that this movie was already 3/4 of the way through and nothing really happened. How the fu*k are the aliens goin to die from bacteria when they been plannin that attack for about 1 million years? Theres only 2 possible reasons why the aliens attacked; they were hungry, or they thought the earth was corrupt. Even if the bacteria wasnt as strong as it was back then, there is still bacteria underground, the aliens shoulda grown immune to it or got some kinda medicine for it or somethin. And they never explained why the son wanted to join and f!ght with the army, did he really think HE could k!ll them? lmao....All in All it was a stupid movie and i give it a 6/10.
 07-03-2005, 08:03 PM         #94
fullyloaded_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was really good, but from what I've seen people saying (critics, other forums, etc) I probably wouldn't have liked it if I had read the book.
 07-03-2005, 08:03 PM         #95
bc/o06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how the hell tom went in with his bare hands and whooped the dude with the shovel and gun
 07-03-2005, 08:59 PM         #96
Asiatic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just saw the movie. It was okay, visually stimulating and worth seeing on the big screen, though i wish I'd seen a matinee. Of all the new movies I've seen so far this summer I still think Crash is the best one out.
 07-03-2005, 09:12 PM         #97
UGHIPHOPHEAD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
disappointing :thumbsdow
 07-04-2005, 12:35 AM         #98
Sr. GT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2bigz said:
this movie was wack, begining was good and all, and i thought something great was goin to become of it then i realized that this movie was already 3/4 of the way through and nothing really happened. How the fu*k are the aliens goin to die from bacteria when they been plannin that attack for about 1 million years? Theres only 2 possible reasons why the aliens attacked; they were hungry, or they thought the earth was corrupt. Even if the bacteria wasnt as strong as it was back then, there is still bacteria underground, the aliens shoulda grown immune to it or got some kinda medicine for it or somethin. And they never explained why the son wanted to join and f!ght with the army, did he really think HE could k!ll them? lmao....All in All it was a stupid movie and i give it a 6/10.
The aliens weren't underground..only the machines were.

The aliens arrived in the lightning.
 11 years ago '05        #99
Arsonic. 4 heat pts
space
space
$990 | Props total: 21 21
 Maroon_Tiger said:
My vote - Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD

you trippin... i thought it was great... the aliens were off the chain... their spaceships were tight...

tom cruise was great as usual.. the son could've provided some better acting...

but the movie was ACTION-packed... and a lil scary/suspensefull

the action alone was better than any movie i've seen in a long time...

the aliens were whoopin a.ss...

the ending was "ehhhh.." but the rest of the movie was off-the-chain

if the ending was better, this would've been alot better than independence day... but it falls a little short of it... but its def. ONE OF THE BEST ALIEN WAR Blockbuster FILMS OF OUR TIME..
well worth my $6-8
Word...exactly how i felt...
 07-04-2005, 03:50 AM         #100
Fucker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man, it was alright but the anti-climatic ending defnitley knocked off a couple points imo. It was a good movie until the end, and when it was over I was like...wtf, is that it? But I guess it is created after a book and they can't really change anything because of that. Still I was expecting more and it leaves a lot of questions like, why the hell did the aliens die of a simple thing like bacteria if they were planning this 1 million years ahead of time? I mean, even the dumbass aliens from Mars Attacks were smart enough to put on protective suits lol.

2.5 out of 5 for me.

Last edited by Fucker; 07-04-2005 at 03:54 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
105 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
2 ugly women fu-k a 15 year old boy at a pizza party
144 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
54 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
152 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dave East | Kairi Chanel (Official Mixtape/Album Discussion Thread)
122 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Meek Mill & Pusha T – Black Moses (Feat. Priscilla Renea) (FULL SONG)
62 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
198 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy