War of the Worlds (2005)

most viewed right now
Video inside Young M.A Says She's Not Feeling The Game & Meek Mill Ooouuu Records
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Has A Really Bad Physical Scar, From An Accident(Would You Pipe?)
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The Weeknd Is Now Part Owner of the UFC
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent still out here signing them liquor bottles
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many popcorns does 'War of the Worlds' deserve?
Do Not See 70 7.16%
Disappointing 170 17.40%
Was Okay 255 26.10%
Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD 265 27.12%
Amazing!! Will see again!! 217 22.21%
Voters: 977. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-30-2005, 10:48 AM         #41
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spanish said:
is it me or did anyone else think Tim Robbins was goin to eat them when he was lookin at them and sharpnin his knife?

^^^Tim Robbins just played a weird cat in the movie (imagine that...must have been a real stretch for him)

From IMDB:

"Did anyone notice that in the scene where the alien ship probe is looking for Ray, his daughter, and Tim Robbins in the basement that a good chunk of that was taken almost directly from Jurassic Park where the kids are trying to out smart the raptors?? The probe (and aliens for that matter) even slink like the velociraptors. For about 20 minutes I felt like I was watching a remake of Jurassic Park with metal probes and aliens. The only thing it lacked was the probe breathing hot steam onto the mirror when it confronted it - which I firmly expected given some of the other blatant plot holes and reaches for useless humor used."

^^^Didn't realize it at the time I was watching, but it did seem like the same thing Speilberg did in J.P.
 11 years ago '05        #42
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,936 | Props total: 50 50
DAMN...this movie was sick!!!..lol.....great actin with tom cruise and that little girl...the sounds of everythin was amazing...great story...will see again prolly today or sunday 4.8/5...
 11 years ago '04        #43
-Paradox- 
space
space
$6,449 | Props total: 0 0
 sooner1478 said:
So my question is this: Why would a big beautiful uninhabited or limitedly inhabited pre human planet even need to have all those tripods waiting underneath the surface? Why plan the extermination of a species that wasn't even there yet? Why not just take over the empty planet right then?

So much sh*t unanswered/confusing

Probably wanted to study life....cause in the beggingin it sais we was placed on this planet just to be conquered. Probably just wanted to wait 'til a civilization formed and then go take it over.
 06-30-2005, 03:08 PM         #44
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Chamillionaire- said:
Probably wanted to study life....cause in the beggingin it sais we was placed on this planet just to be conquered. Probably just wanted to wait 'til a civilization formed and then go take it over.

That's a good enough reason I guess.....I guess the aliens are playing alot of SimUniverse
 06-30-2005, 08:37 PM         #45
36thChamber 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Look's like a "You either love it or hate it movie."

Probably going to see it this weekend.
 06-30-2005, 08:42 PM         #46
DaMassacre 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Originally Posted by Spanish
is it me or did anyone else think Tim Robbins was goin to eat them when he was lookin at them and sharpnin his knife?
yea..i thought he was gone to r*pe the kid or something crazy like that...but why were the aliens eatin' our food...they didn't pack a lunch...?
 11 years ago '04        #47
doczdaname 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$11,341 | Props total: 2488 2488
it was awesome...
 11 years ago '04        #48
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,736 | Props total: 680 680
I just saw it at the movies... pure crap... I'll admit... the beginning was pretty ill and I actually laughed at some parts, but overall, it was horrible.

- The movie mentions sh*t that has no relation with itself... for example, that rock Cruise found in the beginning of the movie.

***SEMI-SPOILER (DO NOT READ AHEAD***

I got a question... after the lightning struck the same place maad times and all the electricity went out (even cruise's analog wrist-watch and cell phone), how the fu*k was that other guy taping everything on a CAM-CORDER?!

See? sh*t like that fu*ked up the whole flick....
 06-30-2005, 10:46 PM         #49
tparks10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked it. I'd probably rate it a B-. I usually enjoy most of Cruise's work.
 11 years ago '04        #50
nublet 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 27 27
 ClokWoRk ORaNge said:
the movie was amazing

until tom cruise ran into tim robbins lil cellar.

up to there it was perfect

after that

thumbs down.

took the words straight outta my mouth

here are some other plot holes:

how was the cbs truck still working?

why did tim robbins invite them in?

who the fu*k were the people tom meets before goin on the ferry? (seemed to me like a botched idea.. it was fu*kin random)

how did we not find the buried machines while we were building roads.. etc

i could go on and on....

Last edited by nublet; 06-30-2005 at 11:25 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #51
Motion 804 heat pts804
space
space
$19,195 | Props total: 1325 1325
this movie was friggin' amazing

the first lightning storm and the first time the machine comes outta the ground was fu*kING INCREDIBLE!!

how the ground started cracking and the thing comes out and everyone is in the middle of the street looking @ it -- then that sh*t starts lasering people!

i was like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sh*t

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 06-30-2005, 11:38 PM         #52
hiphophoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 http:// said:
I just saw it at the movies... pure crap... I'll admit... the beginning was pretty ill and I actually laughed at some parts, but overall, it was horrible.

- The movie mentions sh*t that has no relation with itself... for example, that rock Cruise found in the beginning of the movie.

***SEMI-SPOILER (DO NOT READ AHEAD***

I got a question... after the lightning struck the same place maad times and all the electricity went out (even cruise's analog wrist-watch and cell phone), how the fu*k was that other guy taping everything on a CAM-CORDER?!

See? sh*t like that fu*ked up the whole flick....
my thoughts exactly
 11 years ago '04        #53
msimania 
space
space
$691 | Props total: 0 0
I just saw this and it was the craziest sh*t ever, big propz to speilberg
 11 years ago '04        #54
Franchise08 69 heat pts69
space
space
$3,831 | Props total: 0 0
i cant believe how many people are saying this was a good movie and theire gonna get the dvd or whatever...this movie was sad..had a half-assed weak plot and made no sense in like 4 parts and after all the hype....cruises worst movie...spielberg dissapointed...which he usually does not do..how are people rating this a good movie...it was terrible and that's not an opinion it's a fact..
 11 years ago '04        #55
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,736 | Props total: 680 680
If you're the kind of person willing to spend $10 just to watch shiny lights and crazy-ass SpecialFX, then this is the movie for you; but if you're someone like me, who spends $10 to watch a good movie with good actors, plots, script, then rather download this piece of sh*t and go watch Madagascar.

But on a Tom Cruise not, he is *thankfuly* going to start filming M:I3 in Greece beginning in August. :D :applause: :D :applause: :D

Last edited by RYLNYC; 07-01-2005 at 01:46 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #56
Saint1 
space
space
space
$224 | Props total: 0 0
i don't get why a lot of people are saying that little girl acted well. She was the most annoying character in the last 10 years and all she did was scream.

Best reason why humanity deserves to die:

when being invaded by aliens and you're a ten year old little girl, scream and run upstairs away from your dad who could protect you, into an open field alone where aliens are looking for you and don't answer your dad when he screams his a.ss off for you, then when he purposely gets himself captured to save you, just sit there and don't give a damn.
 11 years ago '04        #57
Part2 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 0 0
^Yeah word, that bi*ch was mad stupid, she wasn't realistic at all. Overracting if i've ever seen it.

Anyways, i'm a giant giant giant fan of this sh*t. War of the worlds in general I mean, I read the book like 20 times, seen the old movie tons, got the musical on tape, got the soundtrack, played the games to death, sh*t like that.

So of course I loved the movie heaps and heaps, just there were some bits that made me go holy fu*king sh*t (pretty much every scene where the tripods used their lasers, the first vision of the tripod was fu*king INSANE and when they started shooting stuff I was a little dissapointed cos I wanted a heat ray but it was still cool).

Some bits were totally stupid though, I see that, but I still highly recommend this even just for the special effects.

Now, can someone PLEASE explain why their forcefields went down? Just cos the aliens got sick doesn't mean the ships were. They said it in the movie somewhere didn't they? Made no sense at all (in the book they don't have forcefields so i couldn't really get any help...).
 11 years ago '04        #58
lilsnatch770|M 99 heat pts99
space
space
$31,002 | Props total: 501 501
This movie was okay

it was kind of pointless

and stupid......

and i mean i know its a movie and all

but there is no way that everything would be destroyed but the van they ride in

and I mean when the alien goes to eat cruise, don't you think it would be strong enough to pull him into the machine.....

okay movie

3/5
 07-01-2005, 09:13 AM         #59
th@_v1LLa1n 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought it was a great movie...and from my understanding, it was made pretty close to the way the book was...DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEE IT YET!

It explained that they must have been here a long time ago, long enough that they had time to bury their machines without us detecting them. One thing I didn't understand was how they kept them down there for so long without us either running into one (subways and piping underground) or just finding out that they are there. I didn't like the fact that that mini-van made it through a plane running into the house it was parked at, and how they just drove down the highway like people were expecting them becuase they had no problem driving down a road that had a sh*tload of people and a sh*tload of brokedown cars. I didn't like the fact that Tom Cruise was the only dude that got away from the ship that was turning all those people into ash, that thing wiped almost everybody out EXCEPT Tom Cruise....but then again, that's a movie for you.

I thought it explained how they got here (lightning bolts), I liked how the tripods looked, I liked how they invaded and how fast they invaded (when the hummers were going up that hill with the tanks, and the Jets flew over...I was like oh sh*t them Aliens are fu*ked....lol, then sh*t turned ugly real fast), and how destructive their invasion was. After a few days of being on Earth I guess they figured they'd get out of their ships and check out the land, drink our water...etc. Also, I'm guessing that on our planet they need our blood to survive. I saw on an earlier post that maybe they took our blood and grew the red vines because it made them feel more comfortable, more at home so to say. From some other things I have read on a few sites, these aliens may come from Mars (Roger Ebert). So with that being said, maybe they were trying to make the planet more like home.

I thought the ending was nice, not great, but nice. It explained that we have earned our right to live on this planet. Our bodies have adapted to the type of environment (Sickness & Disease) that the Earth has, we have immune systems and our bodies can f!ght things that could possibly k!ll something without and immune system...which I'm guessing these Aliens did not have. I saw a past post say that if we went to like Somalia or something without getting any shots and we drank their water and lived in their environment...we probably wouldn't survive, and if we did it wouldn't be happy survival. The reason the birds could land on the sh*t is because the aliens were dying, and there are 2 guesses as to how the ships lost strength here. (1)As the aliens got weaker so did the ships, if the aliens became weak then the ships may lose power...or (2)The aliens getting sick and beginning to die affected the way they ran the machines (like a driver falling asleep at the wheel)....not sure, but either way it k!lled the barriers that were once used to f!ght off enemy fire.

For those of you that feel the purpose for the Aliens to be here should have been explained....they're aliens, how are they gonna explain why they're here? If these events happened tomorrow, do you think we'll have any damn clue how/why they came here? I don't think so. They aren't gonna take a seat with the president and hold a press conference. We're all gonna be like what the fu*k is going on here? This movie was made exactly how it was supposed to be. There were a few things that happened that may be a little....(how do you say it, impossible?) but that's only because it's a movie and it's made to entertain. Great movie IMO.

Long a.ss post, but it took a while....lol, if you like it give me some feedback
 11 years ago '04        #60
Part2 
space
space
$1,796 | Props total: 0 0
^Have you read the book?

I don't think the movie aliens are meant to be from mars...that was just the book.

Anyways yeah it had a few Hollywood moments and the tripods looked dope as hell. I'll give you props for a good read :)..
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside Having an ‘ugly friend’ makes you more attractive, study claims
33 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
50 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
54 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The greatest drone EVER !?
30 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Info On Investing In 'Trees By Game'
80 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2K17 AI Double Team Cheese Out of Control?
53 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
MLB Most Talented Baseball player you've since since the turn of the century?
93 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Kid Cudi - Surfin' ft. Pharrell Williams
77 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy