Image(s) inside she wanna play ball
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GAME saying AR-AB running philly now
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 24 - Cascade Mall Shooter Captured... ALIVE After Slaughtering 5 P..
34 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many popcorns does 'War of the Worlds' deserve?
Do Not See 70 7.16%
Disappointing 170 17.40%
Was Okay 255 26.10%
Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD 265 27.12%
Amazing!! Will see again!! 217 22.21%
Voters: 977. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-30-2005, 12:12 AM         #21
MoThaNAMilliON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VERACITY-L9 said:
^^^^^^^^YUP... I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE FORCEFIELD WENT DOWN... If the aliens were dying the force field should still be up and running bec its all computerized... There should have been a reason given about how the shields went down, like oh bec RAY blew that machine up with the grenade he phucked all their shields up or sumthin..

they had that fluid in the machine...the aliens might of been hooked up in it... like that duck from ducktales i 4got his name...he would say something and the parts connected to his body...
 11 years ago '04        #22
nat1ve 
space
space
$225 | Props total: 5 5
Really Dissapointed, Man I thought this film was going to be historic, Yea up until the whole Tim Robbin scene I was hooked then After that Got let down so bad...All I have to say it coulda been way better... I thought it was going to be a Trilogy or sumthing....
 11 years ago '04        #23
Franchise08 69 heat pts69
space
space
$3,831 | Props total: 0 0
stupid movie...didn't explain anything.....too much focus on special effects....just stupid from the beginning....and funny how his van always had a way around the massacre..such a let down after months of advertising and anticipation.
 11 years ago '04        #24
R.A.R.E. 82 heat pts82
space
space
$6,553 | Props total: 6907 6907
i was yellin' oh sh*t..damn! half way thru the movie...
 11 years ago '04        #25
-Paradox- 
space
space
$6,449 | Props total: 0 0
It was a good movie....but there was to much stuff that didn't make sense....

If they were so smart....and built machines of mass destruction and planted them on the earth before we were even here.....you'd think they would know about bacteria........and how would all of them catch a cold at the same time.....and wtf colds ain't even fatal........sh*t was just stupid......I liked the movie up until the the end........stupidest ending ever......and the kid......he went with all those tanks and stuff and that whole area went up in flames....no way he coulda escaped......but somehow he does....gimmie a break.....

Sorta like in land of the dead......the main zombie......he's always in the front of all the other zombies but somehow never gets shot at.......fu*k movies are getting to far fetched.

Last edited by -Chamillionaire-; 06-30-2005 at 02:38 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #26
Saint1 
space
space
space
$224 | Props total: 0 0
 -Chamillionaire- said:
and wtf colds ain't even fatal
say that to native americans

the movie is fun to watch once for the explosions but damn it got lame at the end. I'm really surprised at how many people were confused by the bird thing.

Last edited by Saint1; 06-30-2005 at 03:23 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #27
-Paradox- 
space
space
$6,449 | Props total: 0 0
 Saint1 said:
say that to native americans

the movie is fun to watch once for the explosions but damn it got lame at the end. I'm really surprised at how many people were confused by the bird thing.

Dude thats bullsh*t lol, they all catch colds at the same time and die.....
 06-30-2005, 07:36 AM         #28
Slybone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
some things i didnt understand

1. what were the red vines about???

2. why did they drain peoples blood and spray the sh*t everywhere??
The Red vines were their energy source, which had something to do with the blood they were sucking outta the humans.

Also, I was pretty disapointed with the ending. but if you think about it, its true if we go to a 3rd world country and we don't get our shots for the stupid organism's we would probably get sick and die to...In my opinion it was a great movie
 06-30-2005, 07:37 AM         #29
skitzo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked the movie, sweet effects and lots of action. Aliens were very well done.. ending was kinda gay but it stays in line with a kinda gay ending of the book. --> GO SEE IT. I thought it was tight.
 06-30-2005, 07:38 AM         #30
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VERACITY-L9 said:
The Movie Had Great Graphics..but Slow Yeah With The Long Story..i Wanted More Human Alien f!ghting Scenes... The Red Vines Were Human Blood,, They Suck Out Our Blood With That Machine And Spray It All Over The Place... But That Wasnt A Good Move On Their Part Because They Died From Drinking Our Blood And Water,, Talk About Non-adaptive Aliens..haha

BUT THE RED VINES COULD JUST BE WHAT FORMS WHEN THE ALIENS WALK AROUND TO KEEP THEM LIVING MORE COMFORTABLY...

^^^Exactly, in the book Wells just called it terra-forming....alien plants....and noticed how they started dying as well....
 06-30-2005, 07:41 AM         #31
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A-Town said:
1. I believe the rays only penetrated the human body and did nothing to the non-living clothing. ( Thats the best I can do... :banghead: )

2. No Clue

3. No muthafu*kin' clue.

The plot was shotty as fu*k, but the action was amazing. I would recommend seeing the movie for it's action scenes over it's plot, though I will probably read the book eventually.

^^^in the book the son doesn't live, but since Speilberg is a pu**y about that kind of thing, he just had to live in the movie and have that great happy ending....

I swear, at the end I was saying to myself "please don't let the son be there, there's no way he survived that near atomic explosion that he ran into" and sure enough I see his fu*ked up hair and hear "Oh dad, oh dad"....what-the fu*k-ever...
 06-30-2005, 07:45 AM         #32
MrMischief66 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sooner1478 said:
Sent you why in a PM, how that happened was also in the book I've read...

tell me 2, thats what ruined the movie. had no idea what happened at the end.
 06-30-2005, 08:37 AM         #33
dadmonson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought that movie was good. Yeah it had a corny endding but still it was pretty good.-GO SEE IT
 06-30-2005, 09:32 AM         #34
hiphophoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
let down man

was so hyped for this film

i dont know bout ne one else but when the first set of aliens struck all cars electrical items and watches stopped...so y was the man able to record the aliens and the other guy was taking photos...on the real if u see the ground moving under neath u would u stand around and carry on watching it fall around you...then there aliens burning people apart and cruise is still dilly dallying about and dont even get hit

i found the part when rays daughter was takien up by the alien stuoid...man thinks hey rachels gone let me go to and then there bare people in the pod...when he stuck the grenade up in the pod and the people all fell on the tree how come no one got injured

ANd omg the ending we all thought the son was dead now tell me with all the destruction that was happening htf did the son find his way back to boston????

ANd typical how the whole family was alive and that ray found his way to boston

Question is who gave the best performance

Cruise or Fenning??

Last edited by hiphophoney; 06-30-2005 at 09:34 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #35
BangOut 
space
space
$1,779 | Props total: 0 0
You know whats crazy..I go 2 college in Newark, NJ and I go to the ironbound part of it all the time which is the Porteguese section of newark..to go 2 the bars and resturants and thats the first sh*t the aliens blow up in the movie..and im watchin seein these places and that one church and tobacco shop being blow the fu*k up and i've been in those places frequently..Now i wanna kno how the hell did they film that there without me knowing ...cuz it was like in Nov. when it was filmed there..anyways thought that was pretty cool to see a place i know get blown the fu*k up in a 90 million dollar movie

Last edited by BangOut; 06-30-2005 at 10:00 AM..
 06-30-2005, 10:01 AM         #36
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphophoney said:
Question is who gave the best performance

Cruise or Fenning??

To me, it was Cruise....he did his typical action film thug while Dakota Fanning was pretty annoying to me....and I normally like her in movies b/c she's extremely talented....in fact, in the theatre I was in, when she got snatched up by that alien machine, several people started clapping...lol
 06-30-2005, 10:02 AM         #37
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So these things pop out of the ground apparently after being buried for a long time considering no human saw them be buried. So we have to a.ssume it was when humans were very scarce or nonexistant.

So my question is this: Why would a big beautiful uninhabited or limitedly inhabited pre human planet even need to have all those tripods waiting underneath the surface? Why plan the extermination of a species that wasn't even there yet? Why not just take over the empty planet right then?

So much sh*t unanswered/confusing
 06-30-2005, 10:16 AM         #38
Spanish 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked it -It was not as good as the hype but still very cool. I agree about the son -he should have been toast. My cousin works at the William St. middle school,right behind the church that gets destroyed,When they filmed it all the kids got to meet Cruise and Spielberg. They used the school to park all the trailers an sh*t-over all the movie was good.- the ending was kind of dissapointing but it was the whole irony of it that made it okay.
 06-30-2005, 10:17 AM         #39
Spanish 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it me or did anyone else think Tim Robbins was goin to eat them when he was lookin at them and sharpnin his knife?
 11 years ago '05        #40
Kaijin 
space
space
$1,787 | Props total: 0 0
 sooner1478 said:
So my question is this: Why would a big beautiful uninhabited or limitedly inhabited pre human planet even need to have all those tripods waiting underneath the surface? Why plan the extermination of a species that wasn't even there yet? Why not just take over the empty planet right then?
sh*t, those are excellent questions.
Home      

most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
19 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
144 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
145 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Brown snitches on his baby momma tells Jas Prince to pull up
170 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, Iím gonna stop being polite and start gett..
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dave East - One Way ( Offical Video) .. Nas Has to Be Proud of him
41 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Truth behind no headphones jack apple
53 comments
2 days ago