War of the Worlds (2005)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside sarah macdonald
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - Average Cable TV Bill Now Over $100/Month; “Every Year is a New Recor..
211 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
188 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2K17 AI Double Team Cheese Out of Control?
29 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many popcorns does 'War of the Worlds' deserve?
Do Not See 70 7.16%
Disappointing 170 17.40%
Was Okay 255 26.10%
Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD 265 27.12%
Amazing!! Will see again!! 217 22.21%
Voters: 977. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-12-2005, 10:11 PM         #181
tippingpoint 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a lot of people complaining about the ending. how else did you want it to end? it was 2 straight hours of action; some logic was thrown in the ending. made sense- kinda soft, but made sense.

a lot of people complaining about the movie. it's a blockbuster flick. beats the sh*t out of the spiderman, michael bay, pearl harbor-type flicks. as far as his son being alive in the end, that was pushing it. but if you know spielberg movies, he's family-oriented- ending wasn't a shock. fu*k it, good for what it was. 4.5/5.
 11 years ago '04        #182
outoutout 
space
space
space
$586 | Props total: 0 0
same as everyone, good film for the effects,

==============
SPOILER
==============

the son shoulda died, fu*k him, he was worse than hearing that lil girl scream
 07-13-2005, 06:11 AM         #183
Sycamore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie was ok, the ending was wack, and the story didnt make much sense.
 07-13-2005, 01:20 PM         #184
jerzj75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The movie was tight. Somethings were alittle unclear, my friend explained sh*t to me and it made some sense. I'd like to see it again.
 07-13-2005, 02:42 PM         #185
dud187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this movie was insane the first time i saw it in theaters...i just came home and downloaded it
 11 years ago '05        #186
pv9910 
space
space
space
$142 | Props total: 10 10
 Head Bussa said:
just seen it around 2:00pm its hella disapointing

trust me on this one :thumbsdow

agreed, definitely a disappointment considerin what i was expecting
 11 years ago '04        #187
Demac 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 3 3
A little dissappointed, feel like it was missing something
 11 years ago '05        #188
joshy112 
space
space
space
$58 | Props total: 0 0
disappointing ending. good special effects. could have been concluded better.
 11 years ago '05        #189
ericstar 
space
space
$222 | Props total: 0 0
I was dissapointed and wrote a review for the WOTW Yahoo! movie page:

As with DAY AFTER TOMORROW, I'm really quite disappointed that WAR OF THE WORLDS runs high on a thrilling and innovative visual ground only to come down on a complete loss of creativity. The ending is much too simple for a movie that tries to be big on everything else. It's a quick wrap-up that doesn't join together the idea of red vine-like organisms that cover the city, the human blood that the aliens drain but aren't immune to and the birds finding a vulnerable spot on the head of one machine. A few other things I didn't like...

** SPOILER WARNING **

- Why machine-driving aliens again? It was fine in INDEPENDENCE DAY, but why not let these massive machines be the creatures themselves?
- The story location I liked, up until large areas of Boston are seen having withstood a "war of the worlds."
- Not every main character is developed and used to his/her full potential.
- The character of Robbie, as many have said, should not have survived as someone intent on being at the front line of all the action. Robbie and family pouring out of their safe haven as if coming away from milk & cookies and a game of charades was a total let-down.

WAR OF THE WORLDS is dependent on awe-striking visual effects and less concerned with a rich and detailed story. For that reason, I think WOTW is a film just beyond fair quality.
 07-14-2005, 06:22 PM         #190
Style Me 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good movie
 07-14-2005, 08:54 PM         #191
Metal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tom Cruise is the man. Best movie in a long time.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: ::applause: :applause: :applause:
 07-15-2005, 12:03 AM         #192
rockho 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The aliens should have fu*king won. fu*king bums.
 11 years ago '04        #193
jrich_23 
space
space
$1,194 | Props total: 0 0
i really liked the movie except for that this movie didnt take me anywhere, there was nothin at all accomplished in the movie, we didnt see the humans wipe out the aliens or the aliens destroy all humans. The ending was dumb, when the theater lights came on i was like: "wtf?"
 07-17-2005, 06:14 AM         #194
LilSizzle21@net 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea, couple parts i didnt understand like the rest of yall, but i thought the movie was tite as hell

you gotta just watch it and imagine if that sh*t was really happening
 07-17-2005, 04:14 PM         #195
dud187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good movie
 07-17-2005, 04:25 PM         #196
pck 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fell aslepp when i watched it :D
 11 years ago '05        #197
Infamous MG 
space
space
space
$81 | Props total: 0 0
It was iite, ending sucked balls tho.
 11 years ago '05        #198
the nastiest 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$534 | Props total: 0 0
some of yall are very closed-minded, and perhaps haven't indulged in any type of stories other than the ones in modern movies and on TV. This movie is based on a book made over a century ago. The book is told from a first-person point of view. That means when sh*t happens their's no real explanation for why it happens, unless it's the main character's action in question. Understanding that could answer a lot of your questions about this movie.

How did the aliens know to plant ships under specific spots that would become big cities? Who says they did? Tom Cruise's character lived in New Jersey, and their was nothing central about the location where that particular tripod came up from. He never heard stories about where the other tripods erupted from, so saying all the tripods were buried in the middle of big cities is just an a.ssumption. Things like that can be answered when the fact that this a first-person narrative are taken into account.

How did the tripods lose their shields? If you noticed the tripods weren't "machines" in the sense that we use the word. When Tom was getting sucked into that flesh-tube, that was a part of the machine, so obviously the machine had some sort of organic composition. And that would explain them not being able to handle our bacteria/viruses. And, being underground, the tripods wouldn't be exposed to airborne viruses, or other types of viruses that we come in contact with daily. Also, there's no telling how far under the Earth the tripods were originally buried, plus if they came millions of years ago, you'd have ot take into account all the other dirt that would've been added on top of them, so wondering why they weren't found when building cities is a moot question.

And, I'm a.ssuming none of you really pay attention to how real kids act. Little girls (and pansy-ass little boys) have a tendency to scream when they get scared. Teenagers are rebellious, and don't like the idea of running cuz they think it makes them a coward. Many "grown" people feel the same way. Why do you think there's was so many pro-war people right after 9/11? Plus, them kids didn't even like their Dad, he didn't live with them, they rarely saw them and he acted like jerk towards them in the beginning (which is indicative of how he had treated them previously).

The ending was fine, except the boy definitely should've died, or at least had 23rd degree burns all over him and been laid out in a hospital somewhere.

Sorry if this is too long for some yall to read without thinking you're becoming a nerd, but it is what it is. Great movie, I'll burn it (not buy).
 07-17-2005, 08:38 PM         #199
Metal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sorry nastiest that was too long for me to read. But If you guys read the book you might be amazed that the movie was as long as it was. Because the book basically was this..... They came, they k!lled, they died by our germs. THE END
Except the book was in England if I do recall and it was way back in the day because H.G. Wells died in the 40s. Considering it was modernized/Americanized I give it mad props.

And I think the kid could teleport or something... Wait I think I was just stoned.

Last edited by Metal; 07-17-2005 at 08:39 PM..
 07-17-2005, 08:53 PM         #200
NuT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
saw it twice and copped the bootleg, imma hit netflix and walmart for the dvd too
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Big Fase 100 (Games Brother) Has Warning For Meek Mill on Siccness.net ..
68 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
109 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dave East | Kairi Chanel (Official Mixtape/Album Discussion Thread)
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Bobby Simmons testifying against one of Chicago's Most Feared Gangs
207 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
2 ugly women fu-k a 15 year old boy at a pizza party
146 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - California changes law because of Bill Cosby
59 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Jaguars Jalen Ramsey with a real suspect interview
167 comments
1 day ago