War of the Worlds (2005)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ShawtyLo's Daughter Is Pissed That people posted ShawtyLo Wake Pics On..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor has another big announcement
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shawty Lo at wake
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill accepts The Games's fight challenge
113 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How many popcorns does 'War of the Worlds' deserve?
Do Not See 70 7.16%
Disappointing 170 17.40%
Was Okay 255 26.10%
Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD 265 27.12%
Amazing!! Will see again!! 217 22.21%
Voters: 977. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-29-2005, 01:15 PM         #1
28032 pageviews
405 comments

sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
War of the Worlds (2005)

War of the Worlds

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

IMDB link:
[pic - click to view]

http://imdb.com/title/tt0407304/

Homepage:
[pic - click to view]

http://www.waroftheworlds.com/ (great info on this site!)

Alright, it's upon us....who's seen it? I'm hitting the theatre tonight and will definitely get the convo started if no one else does....

C'mon bootleggers, I know some of you have seen it....what's really good with War of the Worlds?

**If you don't want to know what happens in the movie, don't read this thread b/c there's plenty of spoilers!!!**

Last edited by sooner1478; 06-30-2005 at 07:42 AM..

405 comments for "War of the Worlds (2005)"

06-29-2005, 03:47 PM         #2
Head Bussa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just seen it around 2:00pm its hella disapointing

trust me on this one :thumbsdow
 06-29-2005, 06:03 PM         #3
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Head Bussa said:
just seen it around 2:00pm its hella disapointing

trust me on this one :thumbsdow

^^^couldn't agree more....

Just saw it (4:30ish CST) and I really wasn't impressed at all....I mean, for what it is, it's an alright movie....plenty of alien sh*t goin' on, sh*t blowin' up, etc....but there were many slow parts to this movie and it just didn't live up to the hype in my eyes (all the trailers/previews I'd seen, I was hella pumped to see it, plus it's a Speilberg flick....)....won't spoil how we 'overcome' this attack, but it's lame....

Anyway, I voted 'disappointment', b/c that's exactly what it was in my opinion...

Independence Day >>>>>>(and I mean alot better) War of the Worlds

from RottenTomatoes.com: "If you like your movies safe and predictable, War of the Worlds is your kind of film. I recommend this one purely for the spectacle."

Last edited by sooner1478; 06-29-2005 at 06:31 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #4
-Paradox- 
space
space
$6,449 | Props total: 0 0
seeing this tonight, but fu*k i hate reading stuff about people bashing a movie because then it makes me have doubts lol
 06-29-2005, 06:24 PM         #5
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Chamillionaire- said:
seeing this tonight, but fu*k i hate reading stuff about people bashing a movie because then it makes me have doubts lol

sh*t man, apparently dude a couple posts above you said it was off the chain....maybe I just had a different experience....I really thought it was going to be better, but go see it and let me know what you think...

Last edited by sooner1478; 06-29-2005 at 06:29 PM..
 06-29-2005, 06:26 PM         #6
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
some things i didnt understand

1. what were the red vines about???

2. why did they drain peoples blood and spray the sh*t everywhere??

1. no idea about the vines....never got to understand as it was never explained nor hinted at....

2. I'm a.ssuming that's what was keeping either their ships going or what kept them alive....
 11 years ago '05        #7
Kaijin 
space
space
$1,787 | Props total: 0 0
My vote - Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD

*** SPOILERS ***
The film itself was amazing, aside from the ending (see rant below). It has a high level of action and even some unique comedy (lmao@the scene with Tom Cruise making the peanut butter and jelly in the home). The ending, however, was very complicated to me. First of all, how did the barriers break? All throughout the film the machines had force fields that prevented all - and I mean ALL - weaponry a.ssaults. But in the end, birds were flying around and decided "hey, let's play God and break the barrier" because they land on a machine, and then Tom is all like "wtf everybody look the birds are God, so k!ll the damn machine". Seriously, could somebody tell me WHAT caused the barriers to be broken, and WHY some of the machines - not all - broke down?

I might have to go watch it again.. and pay more attention.
 06-29-2005, 06:39 PM         #8
sooner1478 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kaijin said:
My vote - Really enjoyed it; will cop the DVD

*** SPOILERS ***
The film itself was amazing, aside from the ending (see rant below). It has a high level of action and even some unique comedy (lmao@the scene with Tom Cruise making the peanut butter and jelly in the home). The ending, however, was very complicated to me. First of all, how did the barriers break? All throughout the film the machines had force fields that prevented all - and I mean ALL - weaponry a.ssaults. But in the end, birds were flying around and decided "hey, let's play God and break the barrier" because they land on a machine, and then Tom is all like "wtf everybody look the birds are God, so k!ll the damn machine". Seriously, could somebody tell me WHAT caused the barriers to be broken, and WHY some of the machines - not all - broke down?

I might have to go watch it again.. and pay more attention.

Sent you why in a PM, how that happened was also in the book I've read...
 06-29-2005, 06:40 PM         #9
Minne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it was pretty disapointing. don't take me wrong. it was still a good movie, but it wasen't as good as they made it out to be
 06-29-2005, 06:44 PM         #10
ablivaspade 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i wanna see it, the original from the fiftys was tight as fu*k, im hopin this can live up to that standard
 11 years ago '04        #11
VERACITY-L9|M 
space
space
$2,604 | Props total: 0 0
The Movie Had Great Graphics..but Slow Yeah With The Long Story..i Wanted More Human Alien f!ghting Scenes... The Red Vines Were Human Blood,, They Suck Out Our Blood With That Machine And Spray It All Over The Place... But That Wasnt A Good Move On Their Part Because They Died From Drinking Our Blood And Water,, Talk About Non-adaptive Aliens..haha

BUT THE RED VINES COULD JUST BE WHAT FORMS WHEN THE ALIENS WALK AROUND TO KEEP THEM LIVING MORE COMFORTABLY...

Last edited by VERACITY-L9; 06-29-2005 at 09:29 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #12
sdsuhustle 
space
space
$384 | Props total: 5 5
 sooner1478 said:
1. no idea about the vines....never got to understand as it was never explained nor hinted at....

2. I'm a.ssuming that's what was keeping either their ships going or what kept them alive....

the vines were from when the aliens were taking the blood out of the humans and then fertilizing the earth from it.

if you didnt like the movie, its probably because you did not read the book it was based upon. It was to show how easy it would be for a far superior race to come and wipe out the human race. the same way the human race has wiped out a couple of species ourselves. For the person who asked how the aliens died, in the book they caught a virus from breathing in the earths atmosphere, and drinking the water, all of which has organisms and bacteria in it that destroyed the balance of their fraigle bodies. thats why they go back to the shot of the dewdrop with the bacteria on it. the movie took it pretty easy, Becasue spielberg wanted a pg13 rating. the book had the aliens consuming the bodily fluids of the humans after they k!lled them, and it also showed more of how the aliens tortured a lot of their victims. Every alien movie every made, especially independence day, was somewhat based on the book from whence this movie is made, although i think this is like only the second official movie based on the book.
 11 years ago '04        #13
all3rd 672 heat pts672
space
space
$67,231 | Props total: 4259 4259
A few to many holes in this some examples

1.Why when people were getting ashed did thier clothes still appear?
2.Why and how in gods name did his son live?
3.Why is Boston the only place on earth not destroyed to hell and Toms ex wifes house so ok?
 11 years ago '04        #14
A-Town 
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 0 0
 all3rd said:
A few to many holes in this some examples

1.Why when people were getting ashed did thier clothes still appear?
2.Why and how in gods name did his son live?
3.Why is Boston the only place on earth not destroyed to hell and Toms ex wifes house so ok?
1. I believe the rays only penetrated the human body and did nothing to the non-living clothing. ( Thats the best I can do... :banghead: )

2. No Clue

3. No muthafu*kin' clue.

The plot was shotty as fu*k, but the action was amazing. I would recommend seeing the movie for it's action scenes over it's plot, though I will probably read the book eventually.
 11 years ago '04        #15
crazyguy123 
space
space
space
$233 | Props total: 0 0
great fu*king alien movie all i gotta say i left when the bird part came i had to take a major p!ss but i came back and the aliens were dying and sh*t
 06-29-2005, 11:12 PM         #16
MoThaNAMilliON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sh*t had me laughin' alot in the begining...
 06-29-2005, 11:38 PM         #17
Swizz2007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought this sh*t was amazing.

I didn't understand the whole bird thing either though.
 06-29-2005, 11:44 PM         #18
MoThaNAMilliON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swizz2007 said:
I thought this sh*t was amazing.

I didn't understand the whole bird thing either though.

it showed how the force field was down...and they k!lled something that was already dyin'...
 11 years ago '04        #19
VERACITY-L9|M 
space
space
$2,604 | Props total: 0 0
^^^^^^^^YUP... I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THE FORCEFIELD WENT DOWN... If the aliens were dying the force field should still be up and running bec its all computerized... There should have been a reason given about how the shields went down, like oh bec RAY blew that machine up with the grenade he phucked all their shields up or sumthin..
 11 years ago '04        #20
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 15 15
the movie was amazing

until tom cruise ran into tim robbins lil cellar.

up to there it was perfect

after that

thumbs down.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Major key galore
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives!!! Come Praise the Lord
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
MLB Most Talented Baseball player you've since since the turn of the century?
85 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Kid Cudi - Surfin' ft. Pharrell Williams
73 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside 50 Cent - Ooouuu (Remix) ft. Young M.A
173 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Suicide Squad Just Notched Another Box Office Win Over Rival Marvel S..
56 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside 2K17 AI Double Team Cheese Out of Control?
53 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
126 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy