online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

PS5 Pro developer verdict: ĎI didnít meet a single person that understood the point of ití

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '05        #1
1089 page views
46 comments

Krazie 
Props total: 69399 69 K  Slaps total: 13876 13 K
icon PS5 Pro developer verdict: ĎI didnít meet a single person that understood the point of ití

Enthusiasm for the PS5 Pro seems to be non-existent amongst most video game developers, with most claiming there is no need for it.

The PlayStation 5 will be celebrating itís fourth birthday this autumn, but it really doesnít feel like the mid-point of the generation Ė given the stock problems that marred the first two years and the recent paucity of first party releases.

Thatís just one reason why rumours about the PS5 Pro being released this year have enjoyed such a muted response, with few gamers feeling a mid-generation upgrade is necessary. And it seems most developers agree with them.

Shortly after returning from GDC, GamesIndustry.biz editor Christopher Dring appeared in a podcast, in which he claimed that when speaking to developers, ĎIíll be honest, I didnít meet a single person that understood the point of it.í

ĎDevelopers didnít seem to feel they needed ití, he said. ĎThey werenít really making the most of the PS5 in the first place,í he added.

Thatís pretty much exactly what most gamers have said, but while Sony has not made any official announcements the new console model has been rumoured for over a year now. Detailed technical specifications also recently leaked, which suggested it would be a smaller upgrade than from the PlayStation 4 to PS4 Pro.

Considering how obsessed publishers have become with growth recently, Dring also added that, ĎA couple of companies said: ĎThis isnít going to grow the market. This isnít going to move the needle.í

ĎThis generation doesnít even seem to have got started, let alone needs a mid-generation upgrade,í he concluded.

The PS4 Pro was relatively popular because it came out at a time when 4K TVs were becoming commonplace and so its ability to run games at a higher resolution seemed an important benefit. As However, as Dring points out, there is no obvious selling point for the PS5 Pro, for anything other than hardcore gamers.

Even then, the PS4 Pro accounts for less than 15% of the PlayStation 5 userbase, ensuring that the PS5 Pro will only ever be a niche product.

The only real question about the PS5 Pro is whether itíll launch alongside new first party games, but if that is the case then, unlike the console itself, it is being kept very secret.
 https://metro.co.uk/2024/ .. t-it-20529089/

icon
best
icon
worst
46 comments

3 weeks ago '06        #2
Triple0 
Props total: 2187 2 K  Slaps total: 682 682
You literally commented on a thread about this exact thing earlier and still felt the need to post it again? Lmao
+10   

3 weeks ago '06        #3
Kingme 
Props total: 24494 24 K  Slaps total: 4232 4 K
Sony needs the money. That's why they're releasing this pro.

PlayStation fanboys are sinking the console. Nobody with a PlayStation buys games anymore because the fanbase finessed them into buying one too many "exclusives" they didn't like.

Final Fantasy isn't for everyone so if someone bought it on recommendation they won't be buying the sequels.
Same with the hardware.

PlayStation fanboys got people running out to buy PSVR hardware that died under a year and a $200 Portal streaming accessory, and they think people gonna rush out and buy a Pro... because it's PlayStation...the same PlayStation that's burnt them with failed hardware
emoji
+3   

3 weeks ago '20        #4
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37090 37 K  Slaps total: 12427 12 K
 Kingme said 🔗

PlayStation fanboys are sinking the console. Nobody with a PlayStation buys games anymore because the fanbase finessed them into buying one too many "exclusives" they didn't like.

Final Fantasy isn't for everyone so if someone bought it on recommendation they won't be buying the sequels.
Same with the hardware.

PlayStation fanboys got people running out to buy PSVR hardware that died under a year and a $200 Portal streaming accessory, and they think people gonna rush out and buy a Pro... because it's PlayStation...the same PlayStation that's burnt them with failed hardware
emoji

didn't read
+3   

3 weeks ago '15        #5
gemini8686  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 57614 57 K  Slaps total: 16406 16 K
I really wish the ps5 hand held would let me play my games on the go. I’m glad I didn’t get it.

I’m not getting the pro. It doesn’t make sense to
+4   

3 weeks ago '22        #6
Jeffrey in 813  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12906 12 K  Slaps total: 8681 8 K
#SonyIsDying
emoji

3 weeks ago '06        #7
Triple0 
Props total: 2187 2 K  Slaps total: 682 682
 Kingme said 🔗

Same with the hardware.

emoji
This might be the most ret@rded thing I have ever read on this site in the 18 years I've been coming here lol
+9   

3 weeks ago '05        #8
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 91295 91 K  Slaps total: 15702 15 K
 Triple0 said 🔗
You literally commented on a thread about this exact thing earlier and still felt the need to post it again? Lmao
 Triple0 said 🔗
This might be the most ret@rded thing I have ever read on this site in the 18 years I've been coming here lol
emoji
emoji
emoji
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #9
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 97275 97 K  Slaps total: 32132 32 K
Yea Sony is dead

3 weeks ago '04        #10
randy54  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4861 4 K  Slaps total: 423 423
The "mid" generation
emoji

PS1-Ps4 goated gens
emoji

3 weeks ago '05        #11
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12922 12 K  Slaps total: 3394 3 K
Wait metro.uk wasn't credible when they dropped their Starfield review...
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #12
Burym3ag 
Props total: 4292 4 K  Slaps total: 414 414

guy who wrote article. yea cool
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '23        #13
RivaL SchooLs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 5520 5 K  Slaps total: 2395 2 K
how can a person not know the point of a ps5 pro?

its less compromise.. instead of performance mode and graphics mode and having to choose one and losing out on the other- u improve it until there's no compromise

i played god of war ragnarok on ps4 pro and the diff between the performance mode and graphics mode was noticeable.. i had to leave it at 30fps for it to really look good

the more power we get, the less we have to compromise.. people on ps5 compromised less than me, and i compromised less than those on ps4 vanilla

why is such a simple concept being debated? ... oh yeah.. dusty x-bots with no life
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #14
CertainSoul 
Props total: 3062 3 K  Slaps total: 603 603
I mean...its true there have been a lot of problems with people getting a PS5 and them being able to ship units. So a mid generation upgrade is dumb.

The only way this could really work is if they are confident that the supply issues are cleared up now and they want to launch the PS5 Pro to end the second half of the generation on as high of a note as they can. Like "sorry, but here is the ideal version we should have had."

Cant go back and fix the first four, but if they can make enough of them consistently and surprise everybody with some great first party titles, maybe they can have a better second half.
emoji

3 weeks ago '22        #15
PartiiSoxx 
Props total: 1791 1 K  Slaps total: 1920 1 K
 Triple0 said 🔗
I was literally bout to respond to his comment then said fu#k it then read your response and realized you said it better

These dudes weird as hell

3 weeks ago '23        #16
HimKenobi 
Props total: 2122 2 K  Slaps total: 2094 2 K
 D1dnt read said 🔗
didn't read
You read enough to know he wasnít sucking Sonys d1ck like you do

emoji

3 weeks ago '04        #17
kalico17  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5449 5 K  Slaps total: 661 661
Until they start using new engines optimized for current gen, we will still be playing games at 30fps 4k, pro or not

PSSR may help with that but all it’s doing is upscaling lol. You don’t need PRO console to implement. If current gen used DLSS, things would look a lot different
+2   

3 weeks ago '20        #18
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37090 37 K  Slaps total: 12427 12 K
 HimKenobi said 🔗
You read enough to know he wasn’t sucking Sonys d1ck like you do

emoji

he's not coming back to the thread, so u can stand and pull his pants back up

emoji

Last edited by D1dnt read; 03-27-2024 at 02:52 PM..

3 weeks ago '07        #19
Itzike 
Props total: 5061 5 K  Slaps total: 470 470
So developers are too lazy to make use of the current tech. Got it
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #20
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15065 15 K  Slaps total: 6230 6 K
 RivaL SchooLs said 🔗
how can a person not know the point of a ps5 pro?

its less compromise.. instead of performance mode and graphics mode and having to choose one and losing out on the other- u improve it until there's no compromise

i played god of war ragnarok on ps4 pro and the diff between the performance mode and graphics mode was noticeable.. i had to leave it at 30fps for it to really look good

the more power we get, the less we have to compromise.. people on ps5 compromised less than me, and i compromised less than those on ps4 vanilla

why is such a simple concept being debated? ... oh yeah.. dusty x-bots with no life
why do you think it's a debate when the same guy who also reports good news about sony and pony's love it.?

if you accept the news he brings stating positive things about sony, then accept his statements when he reports bad news as well...

and this is his quotes about the pro, so why would there be a debate about something that came directly out his mouth that was recorded on a podcast?

no debate, what he's stating is fact!!!! unless he's lying of course, but why assume he's lying when ya'll ponies don't assume he's lying when reporting negative xbox news?

3 weeks ago '10        #21
papichulo23 
Props total: 709 709  Slaps total: 51 51
Only way I'll get the pro is if my current ps5 dies. That's how I got the ps4 pro as well.
+2   

3 weeks ago '24        #22
Who you 
Props total: 379 379  Slaps total: 201 201
If you don't have a system should you wait for the Pro or PS6 or whatever it will be called?

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '23        #23
RivaL SchooLs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 5520 5 K  Slaps total: 2395 2 K
 cuzjuan said 🔗
why do you think it's a debate when the same guy who also reports good news about sony and pony's love it.?

if you accept the news he brings stating positive things about sony, then accept his statements when he reports bad news as well...

and this is his quotes about the pro, so why would there be a debate about something that came directly out his mouth that was recorded on a podcast?

no debate, what he's stating is fact!!!! unless he's lying of course, but why assume he's lying when ya'll ponies don't assume he's lying when reporting negative xbox news?
i don't need u coming in here and rearranging my comments and trying to tell me what i think

3 weeks ago '10        #24
KJHARDY 
Props total: 36838 36 K  Slaps total: 4802 4 K
 D1dnt read said 🔗
didn't read
More consoles than exclusives.
emoji
+4   

3 weeks ago '12        #25
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 39983 39 K  Slaps total: 4050 4 K
 KJHARDY said 🔗
More consoles than exclusives.
emoji
emoji
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props-3618
Video inside 18 year old sentenced to 45 years on his birthday..
40 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+18614
underrated 90s Dimes
158 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
props+7710
Diddy allegedly had s*xual intercourse with Carl Winslow