online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

carmelo breaks down the difference between pure scorers and guys who score

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '10        #1
3006 page views
122 comments

trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x125
Props total: 189263 189 K  Slaps total: 19268 19 K
carmelo breaks down the difference between pure scorers and guys who score

+21   

icon
best
icon
worst
122 comments

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '22        #2
Press Enter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x175
Props total: 81980 81 K  Slaps total: 87803 87 K
Listening Carmelo speak requires a lot of patience

2 months ago '10        #3
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x125 OP

how the hell they not put embiid in here?
+15   

2 months ago '16        #4
lars  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 44264 44 K  Slaps total: 3602 3 K
I get what Melo saying but he said there was like 10 players only in history and there are more than that.
+14   

2 months ago '16        #5
honda  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 42952 42 K  Slaps total: 4381 4 K
 trill jackson said 🔗
↪🔗

This sh1t is dumb as hell if you think about it for even a second. Are we supposed to pretend a guy like KD (ski1led as he is) isn't primarily up there with the best scorers of all time because of his physical abilities? It's the fact that he's a 7 foot guy who can just shoot over anyone. Dirk's entire thing was being a big a$s guy who shot near uncontested fadeaway midrange shots because he was hard to block. Jordan is one of the most athletic players of all time and his first step is the reason he was impossible to guard . Iverson is predicated entirely on speed. Almost every "pure" scorer ever had unique physical qualities that made them what they were. Why is Hakeem not a bucket getter? He has arguably the most vast post arsenal in the history of the league and was doing crossovers as a center in the 90s.

What all this really is nothing more than a way to diminish the "dominant guys" as being less ski1led. Point blank.

2 months ago '10        #6
trill jackson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x125 OP
 lars said 🔗
I get what Melo saying but he said there was like 10 players only in history and there are more than that.
Then he names more than that
+5   

2 months ago '23        #7
20thCentury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4525 4 K  Slaps total: 318 318
He was losing himself in that Lebron argument
emoji
+9   

2 months ago '14        #8
reelife  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x159
Props total: 118203 118 K  Slaps total: 9098 9 K
Named everyone but Jordan lol
+5   

2 months ago '20        #9
UncleSpo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
Props total: 47759 47 K  Slaps total: 17944 17 K
jordan fu#ked lala
+6   

2 months ago '19        #10
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 184028 184 K  Slaps total: 48532 48 K
Pure scorer = i will consistently shoot the ball no matter what

Guys who score = let me know when you need me
+6   

2 months ago '13        #11
papadonna 
Props total: 2446 2 K  Slaps total: 314 314
 lars said 🔗
Think he meant in the league currently. No way he meant throughout the history of the league. He misspoke.

Last edited by papadonna; 03-05-2024 at 07:51 AM..
+3   

2 months ago '16        #12
KingJerz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 33861 33 K  Slaps total: 4639 4 K
See i thought pure scorers where players who can score from anywhere shooting primarily jumpshots.

I thought jumpshots was the key. Bron not a pure scorer for example even tho he can score from anywhere. His game is not primarily junpshots, hes more of a slasher/bully.

If you cant score 25-30 shooting jumpers consistently then your not a pure scorer.
+3   

2 months ago '13        #13
Dabahashery 
Props total: 836 836  Slaps total: 40 40
 FrivolousSports said 🔗
Pure scorer = i will consistently shoot the ball no matter what

Guys who score = let me know when you need me
Pure scorer (a bucket)= I can get a good look regardless of my placement on the court: inside, mid range, outside, off the dribble, catch and shoot, pick and roll, etc.

Scorers= is a guy who is placed in key positions to score. Typically where they run sets to get you the ball in certain areas and play the percentages. Not the deepest bag but they capitalize on placement.
+23   

2 months ago '22        #14
TheAntiSimp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 30230 30 K  Slaps total: 19104 19 K
Don't forget Jamal Mashburn

🔗

Last edited by TheAntiSimp; 03-05-2024 at 06:36 AM..
+12   

2 months ago '16        #15
lars  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 44264 44 K  Slaps total: 3602 3 K
 KingJerz said 🔗
See i thought pure scorers where players who can score from anywhere shooting primarily jumpshots.

I thought jumpshots was the key. Bron not a pure scorer for example even tho he can score from anywhere. His game is not primarily junpshots, hes more of a slasher/bully.

If you cant score 25-30 shooting jumpers consistently then your not a pure scorer.
Your earlier thought of pure scorers are the ones who score from anywhere shooting jumpshots are shooters. Curry is a shooter and a pure scorer. What makes him a pure scorer is that he can make adjustment if the defense is guarding him. JJ red1ck and other shooters can't do what curry does. He also has a midrange high arching shot that goes with his handles.
+4   

2 months ago '22        #16
TheAntiSimp  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 30230 30 K  Slaps total: 19104 19 K
Melo show would be better if he had a
Cost host that new about basketball

Dude just ad-libbing
+6   

2 months ago '19        #17
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 184028 184 K  Slaps total: 48532 48 K
 Dabahashery said 🔗
Pure scorer (a bucket)= I can get a good look regardless of my placement on the court: inside, mid range, outside, off the dribble, catch and shoot, pick and roll, etc.

Scorers= is a guy who is placed in key positions to score. Typically where they run sets to get you the ball in certain areas and play the percentages. Not the deepest bag but they capitalize on placement.
Most of the players he named couldnt do all those things

And the triangle offense had mj and kobe placed in key positions to score

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '04        #18
SpunkyXL23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x34
Props total: 63596 63 K  Slaps total: 14254 14 K
That Balldontstop Indian dude forever talks about "Hoopers" and shiats on the players who dont play And1 style

2 months ago '05        #19
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x76
Props total: 145332 145 K  Slaps total: 106378 106 K
 trill jackson said 🔗
↪🔗

Yup pure scorers have better ski1l

2 months ago '11        #20
TheSMan 
Props total: 1406 1 K  Slaps total: 107 107
 honda said 🔗
This sh1t is dumb as hell if you think about it for even a second. Are we supposed to pretend a guy like KD (ski1led as he is) isn't primarily up there with the best scorers of all time because of his physical abilities? It's the fact that he's a 7 foot guy who can just shoot over anyone. Dirk's entire thing was being a big a$s guy who shot near uncontested fadeaway midrange shots because he was hard to block. Jordan is one of the most athletic players of all time and his first step is the reason he was impossible to guard . Iverson is predicated entirely on speed. Almost every "pure" scorer ever had unique physical qualities that made them what they were. Why is Hakeem not a bucket getter? He has arguably the most vast post arsenal in the history of the league and was doing crossovers as a center in the 90s.

What all this really is nothing more than a way to diminish the "dominant guys" as being less ski1led. Point blank.
I slapped because of course their size and/or speed gives them an advantage, but they still are ski1led scorers. But for the sake of your argument, if you remove the size and strength of Shaq, would he still be a great scorer, or Giannis for that matter? However, if you removed the height of KD and Dirk, they would still be able to score the ball because of shooting abilities.
+1   

2 months ago '05        #21
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 42948 42 K  Slaps total: 4459 4 K
Don’t forget pure scorers Jokic and Jamal.

2 months ago '18        #22
street heat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 18572 18 K  Slaps total: 4764 4 K
 trill jackson said 🔗
↪🔗

How is iversons scoring ability NOT based around athletic prowess ? He was more athletic than everyone else and still low efficiency

2 months ago '17        #23
tu calmas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41536 41 K  Slaps total: 6742 6 K
Bron got a better 3% than Curry rn. He is a 3 level scorer just like embiid & joker are also 3 level scorers.

Yall live off narratives. There is no difference between "pure" scorers and dominant scorers. Theres just guys who you can stop from scoring and guys you cant stop from scoring.

2 months ago '17        #24
tu calmas  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 41536 41 K  Slaps total: 6742 6 K
 TheSMan said 🔗
I slapped because of course their size and/or speed gives them an advantage, but they still are ski1led scorers. But for the sake of your argument, if you remove the size and strength of Shaq, would he still be a great scorer, or Giannis for that matter? However, if you removed the height of KD and Dirk, they would still be able to score the ball because of shooting abilities.
No KD would not be able to score at the same clip & neither would Dirk. Their game is built on using their height to their advantage. If shaq had smaller hands maybe hed be a better shooter cuz he could actually grip the ball. You cant play the what if game, everyone has the game that they have.

2 months ago '06        #25
BigRed912 
Props total: 12853 12 K  Slaps total: 1831 1 K
 honda said 🔗

This was a really bad breakdown my guy smh

Look at EVERYTHING KD does and then go back to that 7ft logic you were trying to use it doesnt hold up and the same applies to everyon else you mentioned as well.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Diddy's MADAM BREAKS SILENCE! Is Diddy An FBI INFORMANT!? Did The Feds PROTECT..
17 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3427
Kanye just said Drake has a rich baby daddy....
206 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+9320
The new official trailer for Deadpool And Wolverine has been released 🤫..
116 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
props+1614
Apr 22 - Millennials Are Ready For a Four-Day Week
101 comments
20 hours ago
@news