online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Mike Tyson: What’s Wrong With Canelo? Is He Afraid Of Losing?

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '24        #1
943 page views
28 comments

Not Here  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 740 740  Slaps total: 87 87
icon Mike Tyson: What’s Wrong With Canelo? Is He Afraid Of Losing?

Mike Tyson has accused Canelo Alvarez (60-2-2, 39 KOs) of disrespecting boxing and Mexico with the undisputed super middleweight champion allegedly walking away from a lucrative proposal to face his mandatory challenger David Benavidez (28-0, 24 KOs).

A fight between Canelo and Benavidez is one of the most attractive in boxing and has long been discussed, with Benavidez holding the WBC’s mandatory challenger status at 168lbs for more than two years.

Sampson Lewkowicz, Benavidez’s manager, claimed in recent weeks that Canelo had rejected an offer to face Benavidez only for Canelo’s manager Eddy Reynoso to spurn the notion that the offer Lewkowicz discussed was put to him or Canelo.

In an interview with Marca, Tyson said he was surprised that Canelo walked away from a proposed multi-million dollar fight with his natural rival Benavidez.

“I can’t believe what I just heard,” Tyson told Marca, responding to erroneous reports that the Mexican had turned down a deal of some $60m..

“What’s wrong with Canelo? Is he afraid of losing? Doesn’t he want to give the fans the fight they want to see? Don’t you want to give the fans the fight they want to see?”

Tyson, if he found himself in Canelo’s position, said he would have accepted the offer while accusing Alvarez of disrespecting the sport and Mexico and questioning his heart to fight the best.

“Do you not respect the legacy of the great Mexican champions who faced the best regardless of the money?” Tyson asked. “This is a shame for boxing and for Mexico. If I were him, I would accept the fight with Benavidez and show the world that he is the best. But it seems he doesn’t have the courage to do it; It is a shame because he has a lot of talent but he lacks heart.”

https://www.boxingscene.c .. losing--181891
+16   

icon
best
icon
worst
28 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
2Pac Cares  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 21527 21 K  Slaps total: 20321 20 K
Shut up Mike. You ran from Holyfield for years. Go get another face tattoo you weirdo.

2 months ago '10        #3
6.Yrs 
Props total: 45990 45 K  Slaps total: 2573 2 K
I refuse to call a professional boxer at the top of his sport scared to fight.

Gotta be a reason behind this sh1t.

Could be simple as he just doesn’t like dude and doesn’t want to be the reason he gets a payday, win or lose.

Fans want to see this fight though so hopefully it comes together.

2 months ago '04        #4
nitetrain8601  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17750 17 K  Slaps total: 3076 3 K
 6.Yrs said 🔗

Could be simple as he just doesn’t like dude and doesn’t want to be the reason he gets a payday, win or lose.

Benavidez was willing to accept receiving a 5 million purse while Canelo got 60 million. It’s not about paydays. It’s Canelo legit ducking folks at this point. And with Benavidez, if David were to win, he would be seen as thee Mexican fighter. Canelo would be an afterthought.

Canelo is scared
+20   

2 months ago '22        #5
Voodoopocalypse  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 59407 59 K  Slaps total: 13304 13 K
all facts was spitten by champ
emoji
+6   

2 months ago '05        #6
rawchester 
Props total: 29497 29 K  Slaps total: 3525 3 K
What is with all this payday sh1t everyone spouts. Who is Canelo fighting that is a bigger payday/draw than Benavidez? He also just turned down Crawford because he said he would get "no credit" if he wins...

You know how much credit you would get for beating Benavidez??? C'mon playa. Dude out here trying to fight Berlanga LOL.

Remember, Floyd is the the one that made Canelo a household name by completely outclassing him ......
+16   

2 months ago '10        #7
6.Yrs 
Props total: 45990 45 K  Slaps total: 2573 2 K
 nitetrain8601 said 🔗
Benavidez was willing to accept receiving a 5 million purse while Canelo got 60 million. It’s not about paydays. It’s Canelo legit ducking folks at this point. And with Benavidez, if David were to win, he would be seen as thee Mexican fighter. Canelo would be an afterthought.

Canelo is scared
Canelo is worth damn near 300 million. He’s going to get paid in his next fight regardless.

Why would David taking less motivate him?

His biggest fight purse was 3 mil I think so whatever more he makes in this will be off of Canelos name. Not the other way around.

I want to see the fight but I refuse to call him scared.

2 months ago '23        #8
blkmanisgod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17936 17 K  Slaps total: 3580 3 K
@🔗
emoji

2 months ago '24        #9
Mixbag 
Props total: 6238 6 K  Slaps total: 1756 1 K
The ducking of this thread should be noted

If this was any black top fighter

This sh1t would be 10 pages at least
+8   

2 months ago '06        #10
Dead Prezidents  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3955 3 K  Slaps total: 420 420
I think after those hard fights he had with Golovkin, Canelo said "fu#k taking punishment from a hard hitting dude who moves forward no matter how hard you hit them, I paid my dues already"
+6   

2 months ago '16        #11
ImChillin2Hard 
Props total: 17318 17 K  Slaps total: 1334 1 K
He’s doesn’t want to risk taking a L and when it comes to negotiations he has more leverage. I think they’re #1 and #2 in their rankings so eventually they’ll have to see each other.

2 months ago '23        #12
Neothe1 
Props total: 4169 4 K  Slaps total: 2863 2 K
 nitetrain8601 said 🔗

Canelo is scared
No lies spoke

2 months ago '20        #13
Oxx 
Props total: 10542 10 K  Slaps total: 1099 1 K
 nitetrain8601 said 🔗

Canelo is scared
My bad man, I meant to props, shoot...

2 months ago '23        #14
Neothe1 
Props total: 4169 4 K  Slaps total: 2863 2 K
 6.Yrs said 🔗
Canelo is worth damn near 300 million. He’s going to get paid in his next fight regardless.

His biggest fight purse was 3 mil I think so whatever more he makes in this will be off of Canelos name. Not the other way around.

Bruh he scared its not hard to tell
+3   

2 months ago '08        #15
Skilly713 
Props total: 70839 70 K  Slaps total: 4829 4 K
I wanted Canelo to make me eat crow instead he validated everything we thought about him

The Mexicans I grew up watching would never have gone out like Willie Lump Lump

2 months ago '19        #16
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 58531 58 K  Slaps total: 6857 6 K
Canelo probably knows he isn't the same anymore and is just putting away some money for his great grand children

Dude went to war with GGG twice and ate a lot of shots that leave other guys wondering what happened.

Having wars with punchers isn't fun.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #17
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 141061 141 K  Slaps total: 7961 7 K
Yea I want Canelo to take the fight. We need something. Combat sports is whack right now.
+2   

2 months ago '04        #18
CentsCuZ  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13880 13 K  Slaps total: 3415 3 K
“I can’t believe what I just heard,” Tyson told Marca, responding to erroneous reports that the Mexican had turned down a deal of some $60m..
The reports that Tyson based that statement on weren't even real, "erroneous."
+2   

2 months ago '04        #19
nitetrain8601  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17750 17 K  Slaps total: 3076 3 K
 6.Yrs said 🔗

I would argue your point against you. Why would Canelo fight him at that point? It’s an easy negotiation, Canelo wouldn’t get more elsewhere.
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '04        #20
slimboyballer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 113450 113 K  Slaps total: 30011 30 K
 6.Yrs said 🔗

gtfoh lol the reason is canelo scared and he cant get those "tacos"

2 months ago '20        #21
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 123433 123 K  Slaps total: 39914 39 K
Nelo has the best resume of any active boxer....he doesn't have anything to prove and to attack him for ducking, isn't fair when he has taken the tough fights his whole career and y'all giving n1ggas like Tank the benefit of the doubt while they are in their primes with weak resumes

2 months ago '21        #22
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67727 67 K  Slaps total: 19166 19 K
Fake news.

There was no $60 million offer.

Also, Benavidez Sr claimed they were ghosted after accepting the $5 million offer but then somehow were able to get a Gvozdyk fight, someone who is also managed by Eddy Reynoso.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #23
NoLieZone 
Props total: 148 148  Slaps total: 37 37
i remember when canelo was supposed to be scared of the charlo girls…

2 months ago '17        #24
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 42703 42 K  Slaps total: 22098 22 K
Canelo ran out of mexican meat or something....dude is the biggest pu$$y when it comes to Benavidez lol

2 months ago '19        #25
Unfadeable07 
Props total: 4717 4 K  Slaps total: 947 947
 Dead Prezidents said 🔗
I think after those hard fights he had with Golovkin, Canelo said "fu#k taking punishment from a hard hitting dude who moves forward no matter how hard you hit them, I paid my dues already"
He ain’t pay no dues he waited him out and ducked him until he started falling off just like benavidez but benavidez too young

2017 he handed the belt over to ggg after cherry picking Amir khan for his title defense at 160 and ran for the hills until ggg started slowing down

He didn’t pay his dues he been ducking his whole career

It is what it is but let’s not change history and act like he was fighting everybody out in front of him when in fact he been ducking his whole career
+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4523
Video inside The handyman to Nicole Brown, Glen Rodgers, was a serial k*ller
139 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who’s auntie is this ??
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+3610
Video inside Drake/OVO Ps5 Game “Metro Drumming” has been released!
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+1699
audio inside Nas - Define My Name (Produced By DJ Premier) 2024
237 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop