online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Dame Dash Says Stalley & Curren$y Took Record Deals 'Behind His Back': 'They Were Ashamed'

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '18        #1
4979 page views
147 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x258
Props total: 323139 323 K  Slaps total: 10468 10 K
icon Dame Dash Says Stalley & Curren$y Took Record Deals 'Behind His Back': 'They Were Ashamed'

"Dame Dash has shared his disappointment about the decisions rappers like Stalley and Curren$y made about their careers after he advised them to stay independent.

In a recent chat with Math Hoffa, shared by Dash’s Nu America Network, the always outspoken mogul warned off that their proximity to each other might lead to some life-changing offers coming Hoffa’s way. But he didn’t necessarily mean that to be a good thing.

“If they see you with me, they gon’ come offer you $5 million,” Dash said. “That’s what happened with Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, Stalley, [Big] K.R.I.T. They were all with me first, and then they took the deal. I ain’t mad at none of ’em. A lot of ’em did it behind my back, cuz they were ashamed.

“Where you think Stalley – the most independent grumpy in the world. He’s the one that was like, ‘Yo, Imma be the most independent, da da da da da… and then he took that deal. And I was like, ‘You were just saying you were gonna be independent.’ And I remember I seen him in the airport five, six years later, [asked] was it worth it? ‘Nah.’ Curren$y broke my heart, he did that one behind my back.”

Dame Dash’s commentary was edited to include an old clip of a conversation he had with a young Wiz Khalifa, though the other rappers mentioned may have also been in the room.

The video likely dates back to Dash’s days helming his post-Roc-A-Fella media company DD172. Launched in early 2010, the imprint was his anti-establishment push into everything from visual arts to fashion and of course music.

Under its music arm BluRoc, DD172 famously entered into hazy partnerships with the likes of Mos Def, Jay Electronica and Curren$y. And while the relationship between Spitta and his fellow XXL Freshman alums is well known to fans, it might take a little digging for most to draw the connection between each of the other artists and Dame Dash.

Per HipHopWired, Stalley’s 2011 mixtape Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent TrunkMusic) was sponsored in part by DD172. In a 2020 chat with Complex, Big K.R.I.T. recounted meeting Dame Dash for the first time while working with Creative Control and Ski Beats; but seemed to relegate the interaction to some good advice shared during just that conversation. And according to a 2022 interview with Cabbages, Dash counts a full Wiz Khalifa album among the projects he’s worked on that may never see the light of day.

The one relationship mentioned in the Harlem mogul’s recent interview which is easiest to verify also happens to be the one with a documented bad history.

In March 2012, Curren$y filed a lawsuit seeking $1.5 million in damages from Dash, claiming that the DD172/BluRoc boss released two albums without his consent. Curren$y signed with Warner Bros. in 2011 after trying to negotiate a deal with the mogul. The rapper had released two projects with Dash before signing the Warner Bros. deal.

Dash lost his lawyer in the proceedings and Curren$y filed for default judgement, which he was granted. In 2014, the rapper went back to court demanding $2.9 million in damages and an additional $95,000 in legal fees.

The case was brought to a close in October 2015 after the two reached a $3 million settlement."

https://hiphopdx.com/news .. ehind-his-back
+13   

icon
best
icon
worst
147 comments

1 month ago '23        #2
Fredro Starr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 8817 8 K  Slaps total: 1367 1 K
were they NOT supposed to Dame?
emoji
they’d be some Saigon status rappers had they not did that
+53   

1 month ago '22        #3
Ninovelli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 55948 55 K  Slaps total: 7080 7 K
Man I miss that era. I gotta hear this full convo.
+48   

1 month ago '11        #4
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31309 31 K  Slaps total: 1416 1 K
Is spitta even still signed to Atlantic? His last solo released off Warner/Atlantic album was Canal street confidential back in 2015.
+20   

1 month ago '11        #5
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 49329 49 K  Slaps total: 2713 2 K
 Fredro Starr said 🔗
were they NOT supposed to Dame?
emoji
they’d be some Saigon status rappers had they not did that
It is not that they did it. It is the way they did it.
+21   

1 month ago '11        #6
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 77145 77 K  Slaps total: 10636 10 K
 kevin boogz said 🔗
yeah, this the one thing i see as a negative on Spitta record, and even then, cant blame him. He fell off twice listening to moguls telling him he gonna be big LATER and not right now.
+28   

1 month ago '05        #7
CartelFamill  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 16824 16 K  Slaps total: 1824 1 K
Spitta sued Dames a$s and won 1.3 mill
+57   

1 month ago '08        #8
J_Clarity13 
Props total: 20414 20 K  Slaps total: 3386 3 K
fu#k a Dame Dash.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #9
TheFreakyRobber  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23062 23 K  Slaps total: 4960 4 K
Dame be telling the truth but because of mfers always asking him about that Jay Z/Rocafella sh1t all the time, ppl hate Dame.

n1ggas be really selling their souls or their b00tyholes for money.

1 month ago '23        #10
 kevin boogz said 🔗
Fair enough. Although Spitta sued Damon and won.

Point proven
emoji
He did do a major deal for two records, but everything else after that has turned up on Jet Life Records. He played his career probably the smartest way any1 could have

I fw Dame but Spitta not wrong for doing it HIS way. He'd be under ANOTHER n1gga. Just like most of these n1ggaz when they cry about sh1t not going their way.

my 2 cents
emoji
+42   

1 month ago '16        #11
BitterDiesel 
Props total: 31616 31 K  Slaps total: 3914 3 K
 darealvelle said 🔗
Is spitta even still signed to Atlantic? His last solo released off Warner/Atlantic album was Canal street confidential back in 2015.
He'll nah.. he was with Warner 1st signed be lyor then met Atlantic.. he did it for album deal and a record label imprint. But it does look shady JLR never took off i(Jet Life business got on twitter ending with Trade Roddy leaving and Street Wiz the hidden Jedi still remainingbhidden) it looked like it was an inside Play with Dame Spitta n Lyor. (Covert Coupe) Cause Spitta claimed WB filed those charges he say him n Dame good but in hindsight it was Spitta siezing his moment or his money.

Last edited by BitterDiesel; 03-04-2024 at 08:07 AM..
+10   

1 month ago '19        #12
FrivolousSports 
Props total: 183638 183 K  Slaps total: 48370 48 K
 Fredro Starr said 🔗

Point proven
emoji
He did do a major deal for two records, but everything else after that has turned up on Jet Life Records. He played his career probably the smartest way any1 could have

I fw Dame but Spitta not wrong for doing it HIS way. He'd be under ANOTHER n1gga. Just like most of these n1ggaz when they cry about sh1t not going their way.

my 2 cents
emoji
Spitta was already under 3 n1ggas before that

No limit
Cash money
Fly society

emoji
+13   

1 month ago '17        #13
HipHopJunkie 
Props total: 6438 6 K  Slaps total: 2062 2 K
 CartelFamill said 🔗
 Fredro Starr said 🔗

Point proven
emoji

my 2 cents
emoji
Spitta didn't sue Dame. Warner Bros did.

It was because Spitta got signed after him and Dame finished the mixtape series and WB tried to release the tape under their imprint.

Dame said fu#k that, beat em to the punch and they ended up suing him.

If Dame and Spitta worked on an entire project then Spitta shops the project and signs a deal behind Dame's back, that's foul.
+26   

1 month ago '23        #14
 HipHopJunkie said 🔗

It was because Spitta got signed after him and Dame finished the mixtape series and WB tried to release the tape under their imprint.

Ok I did not know Warner had anything to do with that, props
+4   

1 month ago '11        #15
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 49329 49 K  Slaps total: 2713 2 K
 HipHopJunkie said 🔗

If Dame and Spitta worked on an entire project then Spitta shops the project and signs a deal behind Dame's back, that's foul.
Thanks for clearing it up.
Also concerning Spitta, this is not the first time
People called him funny acting.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #16
diamondsxmoney 
Props total: 31353 31 K  Slaps total: 1311 1 K
That n1gga that's prolly spitta himself or somebody on his team bouta come in with the
emoji
lol watch
+15   

1 month ago '22        #17
Murderers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 121346 121 K  Slaps total: 31487 31 K
Currensy name comes up in a lot of drama.. definitely one of them snake a$s dudes that portrays a certain image to his fans.

1 month ago '04        #18
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20268 20 K  Slaps total: 2043 2 K
 Eclectic said 🔗

"Dame Dash has shared his disappointment about the decisions rappers like Stalley and Curren$y made about their careers after he advised them to stay independent.

In a recent chat with Math Hoffa, shared by Dash’s Nu America Network, the always outspoken mogul warned off that their proximity to each other might lead to some life-changing offers coming Hoffa’s way. But he didn’t necessarily mean that to be a good thing.

“If they see you with me, they gon’ come offer you $5 million,” Dash said. “That’s what happened with Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y, Stalley, [Big] K.R.I.T. They were all with me first, and then they took the deal. I ain’t mad at none of ’em. A lot of ’em did it behind my back, cuz they were ashamed.

“Where you think Stalley – the most independent grumpy in the world. He’s the one that was like, ‘Yo, Imma be the most independent, da da da da da… and then he took that deal. And I was like, ‘You were just saying you were gonna be independent.’ And I remember I seen him in the airport five, six years later, [asked] was it worth it? ‘Nah.’ Curren$y broke my heart, he did that one behind my back.”

↪🔗

Dame Dash’s commentary was edited to include an old clip of a conversation he had with a young Wiz Khalifa, though the other rappers mentioned may have also been in the room.

The video likely dates back to Dash’s days helming his post-Roc-A-Fella media company DD172. Launched in early 2010, the imprint was his anti-establishment push into everything from visual arts to fashion and of course music.

Under its music arm BluRoc, DD172 famously entered into hazy partnerships with the likes of Mos Def, Jay Electronica and Curren$y. And while the relationship between Spitta and his fellow XXL Freshman alums is well known to fans, it might take a little digging for most to draw the connection between each of the other artists and Dame Dash.

Per HipHopWired, Stalley’s 2011 mixtape Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent TrunkMusic) was sponsored in part by DD172. In a 2020 chat with Complex, Big K.R.I.T. recounted meeting Dame Dash for the first time while working with Creative Control and Ski Beats; but seemed to relegate the interaction to some good advice shared during just that conversation. And according to a 2022 interview with Cabbages, Dash counts a full Wiz Khalifa album among the projects he’s worked on that may never see the light of day.

The one relationship mentioned in the Harlem mogul’s recent interview which is easiest to verify also happens to be the one with a documented bad history.

In March 2012, Curren$y filed a lawsuit seeking $1.5 million in damages from Dash, claiming that the DD172/BluRoc boss released two albums without his consent. Curren$y signed with Warner Bros. in 2011 after trying to negotiate a deal with the mogul. The rapper had released two projects with Dash before signing the Warner Bros. deal.

Dash lost his lawyer in the proceedings and Curren$y filed for default judgement, which he was granted. In 2014, the rapper went back to court demanding $2.9 million in damages and an additional $95,000 in legal fees.

The case was brought to a close in October 2015 after the two reached a $3 million settlement."

↪🔗
This is a damn lie, people had bills to pay while he was too occupied parading them around while swindling thier bread to put in his pocket. Mos Def, Ski Beats with the Dojo, The Black Keys, Stalley, Currensy all caught Dame's hand in the cookie jar then he try to mask it as something else and use his ex wife to hide the money he stole from them. That's why everyone sued him, he jerked (pause) almost every artists that he come across and almost every one have the same story with this dude
+15   

1 month ago '17        #19
CamburyBXGreat 
Props total: 63607 63 K  Slaps total: 30830 30 K
 CartelFamill said 🔗
Spitta admitted he was wrong for that.
+6   

1 month ago '04        #20
Tastemaker331  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x36
Props total: 82417 82 K  Slaps total: 9274 9 K
Now Spitta is a multi millionaire with fans that love him
+13   

1 month ago '13        #21
Beatorious  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27440 27 K  Slaps total: 1973 1 K
Remember when he called everyone chatty pattys

emoji
+19   

1 month ago '24        #22
Mixbag 
Props total: 6053 6 K  Slaps total: 1726 1 K
 Murderers said 🔗
Currensy name comes up in a lot of drama.. definitely one of them snake a$s dudes that portrays a certain image to his fans.
Dude stop dude hasn’t been in any physical altercation nor rap beef . You just talking stop

Yall don’t know nor met nor know anybody that know these people but just be talking
+11   

1 month ago '19        #23
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 55303 55 K  Slaps total: 35860 35 K
I'm sick of Dame Dash and all this whining and pointing fingers.
+8   

1 month ago '23        #24
blkmanisgod  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 17870 17 K  Slaps total: 3576 3 K
Inb4
emoji
emoji
emoji
+3   

1 month ago '05        #25
Daddy Black 
Props total: 21326 21 K  Slaps total: 1854 1 K
Sidenote: Can anyone tell me why Curren$y never cuts his damn nails!?!?

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props-4128
Article inside WELL DAMN...TikTok User Who Was Reporting On DIDDY & Jay-Z FREAK Offs..
123 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+8513
Video inside Truth Hurts
55 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
props-2112
Video inside WACK100 GOES Off On RICK ROSS "U Want Ur Car Shot Up Again, Lose Liquor..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+13111
underrated 90s Dimes
89 comments
18 hours ago
@movies